PDA

View Full Version : Cutler / Orton Trade Poll

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Would you support an Orton-Cutler trade right now? No draft picks, no nothing, just a straight trade Orton for Cutler.

2KBack
10-18-2009, 09:51 PM
are these going to pop up every week when Cutler or Orton wins or loses? ****, I supported the trade and this **** is still getting on my nerves.

Rock Chalk
10-18-2009, 09:53 PM
are these going to pop up every week when Cutler or Orton wins or loses? ****, I supported the trade and this **** is still getting on my nerves.

I dont know but they are are fun.

Whether or not Cutler is a better QB doesn't matter. WHat does matter is that Orton is 5-0 and whether or not we had Cutler we could not be any better than 5-0.

So epic win for Denver IMO.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 09:53 PM

My bad. Next time I'll be sure to ask you before I post something.

Broncosfreak_56
10-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Yes. But I am still plenty happy with Kyle.

bombquixote
10-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Orton's doing great, way better than I thought he would. That said, Cutler's upside is still much higher. And if we re-traded straight up, that means Chicago just sort of GAVE us two first round draft picks.

Spider
10-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Would you support an Orton-Cutler trade right now? No draft picks, no nothing, just a straight trade Orton for Cutler.

have I told you about my gold thong?

2KBack
10-18-2009, 10:00 PM
I dont know but they are are fun.

Whether or not Cutler is a better QB doesn't matter. WHat does matter is that Orton is 5-0 and whether or not we had Cutler we could not be any better than 5-0.

So epic win for Denver IMO.

Are they? It seems to me it is a game of I told you so gone horribly wrong. This is just a set up for the day that Denver loses on a day Orton struggles. This place is going to be swamped with trollish polls. Is it really necessary to do the same thing every week that Cutler loses?

For the most part all things are rosey in Denver right now, why continue to prod the place with the trade? There's no reason except an attempt to sling mud, which doesn't lead to any sort of constructive discussion.

Rock Chalk
10-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Are they? It seems to me it is a game of I told you so gone horribly wrong. This is just a set up for the day that Denver loses on a day Orton struggles. This place is going to be swamped with trollish polls. Is it really necessary to do the same thing every week that Cutler loses?

For the most part all things are rosey in Denver right now, why continue to prod the place with the trade? There's no reason except an attempt to sling mud, which doesn't lead to any sort of constructive discussion.

Im confused.

What exactly do you expect from the Orangemane again?>

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Im confused.

Amen :-)

I haven't been posting here much over the years, but this is like a big online bar. This is exactly the kind of stuff you argue about in a bar. That's why I really like this place.

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Ooops. I mis-interpreted the poll... voted before reading OP.

My vote would be "yes". I'd love to see Cutler in this offense.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 10:05 PM
The poll results right now stand at 7-4 [Edited to reflect TheReverend's comment] in favor of TRADING Orton for Cutler.

It honestly makes me wonder if some of the folks on here actually watch any of these games.

Mogulseeker
10-18-2009, 10:07 PM
I'd take Orton over Cutler.

Now be quiet. It's done.

2KBack
10-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Im confused.

I dunno, more I guess. I mean I was totally running with the "I told you so" crowd. I never liked Cutler, and was glad to see him gone. Still, there is some creedence to the idea that people here are way too caught up with this guy. I'm rooting against the bears, and Cutler in that manner, but I'm sick of every thread turning into a discussion about him, much less new threads devoted to the guy.

I guess I've just finally snapped

HAT
10-18-2009, 10:08 PM
No draft picks? Screw that.

But if Chicago were to offer Cutler plus two 1st's and a 3rd for Orton and say a 5th....McD should definitely at least listen. :thumbsup:

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 10:09 PM
I dunno, more I guess. I mean I was totally running with the "I told you so" crowd. I never liked Cutler, and was glad to see him gone. Still, there is some creedence to the idea that people here are way too caught up with this guy. I'm rooting against the bears, and Cutler in that manner, but I'm sick of every thread turning into a discussion about him, much less new threads devoted to the guy.

I guess I've just finally snapped

I didn't post the poll as any sort of "I told you so." I was genuinely curious whether, with this much evidence available, the Cutler-or-bust people still felt that way.

It seems that they do, something that absolutely mystifies me. How you can watch Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton in similar game situations, see completely different results, and still come to the conclusion that Cutler is better... that just astonishes me.

Gcver2ver3
10-18-2009, 10:09 PM
i don't miss those redzone TOs...

i'm sticking with Orton...

2KBack
10-18-2009, 10:13 PM
I didn't post the poll as any sort of "I told you so." I was genuinely curious whether, with this much evidence available, the Cutler-or-bust people still felt that way.

It seems that they do, something that absolutely mystifies me. How you can watch Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton in similar game situations, see completely different results, and still come to the conclusion that Cutler is better... that just astonishes me.

It wasn't meant as an attack on you. Yours just happened to be the thread I was in when I finally got fed up I think.

I agree with your opinion, but really this argument has been rehashed over and over again in every thread that mentions the QB position. One thing has become amazingly apparent, no matter what evidence there is (supporting either position), people aren't budging.

bombay
10-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Orton is 27-12 with the Broncos and Bears.

Cutler is 19-23 with the Broncos and Bears.

misturanderson
10-18-2009, 10:15 PM
In this offensive system, with a head coach that Cutler had an obvious personality conflict with. I'd keep things the way they are.

Especially now that Orton proved that he could drive 98 yards down the field in the 4th quarter to tie the game. Why would we mess with this team's chemistry just to add more "upside"? Cutler still hasn't proven to be anywhere near Manning's or Brees' level. He's probably on about the same tier as Orton right now to be perfectly honest.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Silly poll ... Jay's younger, better, and much more of an upside.

The only place on planet Earth where the "No" selection might win is here on this little Orange island of delusion. :~ohyah!:

Wanna try this poll on the 31 other sites?

I didn't think so.

Orange_Beard
10-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Any day of the week, three times on Sunday.

Killericon
10-18-2009, 10:19 PM

The only place on planet Earth where the "No" selection might win is here on this little Orange island of delusion. :~ohyah!:

I didn't think so.

No kidding.

McDaniels could coach Cutler into a hall of famer.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 10:20 PM
I wonder why we all get so angry about whether we should like Jay or hate him?

There is palpable anger on both sides, and honestly I don't see why. Both sides seem to have won this trade, and all that matters is that the Bears lose.

And the Bears lost.

So why can't we all just get along? ???

TailgateNut
10-18-2009, 10:20 PM

I didn't think so.

Why don't you try it on the Bears site. I'm sure there are some reservations over there about their "Wunderkind"/ Interception machine.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 10:21 PM
It wasn't meant as an attack on you. Yours just happened to be the thread I was in when I finally got fed up I think.

I agree with your opinion, but really this argument has been rehashed over and over again in every thread that mentions the QB position. One thing has become amazingly apparent, no matter what evidence there is (supporting either position), people aren't budging.

Haha well, I respect that. I will say right up front that I was very worried about Orton at first, not knowing much about him. But I figured what the hell, I'll hold my tongue until we see what happens with the guy.

After watching him play a few games, I believe that he is one of the best quarterbacks in the league. He is a fantastic decision maker, an accurate passer, and a damn good team motivator and field general.

If I have heard Brett Favre called a riverboat gambler once, I've heard it a million times. Kyle Orton is more of a card counter... he manipulates the odds to his favor and takes advantage by throwing short, high-percentage passes that he is good at.

KevinJames
10-18-2009, 10:23 PM
think I read the title and voted wrong if so discredit it.

were you asking this as if we still had Cutler and we wanted Orton if so than Yes

if your asking if we would trade Orton for Cutler, than Hell no not with the style of football we play.

Orton > Cutler

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 10:24 PM

I didn't think so.

Go post it. I'll bet you dinner the next time I'm in Denver (or Seattle, wherever :-) that Denver keeping Orton wins if you phrase the poll as follows:

"Right now, should Denver trade Kyle Orton back to Chicago for Jay Cutler if the opportunity arose? Yes or no?"

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Go post it. I'll bet you dinner the next time I'm in Denver (or Seattle, wherever :-) that Denver keeping Orton wins if you phrase the poll as follows:

"Right now, should Denver trade Kyle Orton back to Chicago for Jay Cutler if the opportunity arose? Yes or no?"

Really? Where do you think Orton would win that poll?

It's just 60-40 here.

OBF1
10-18-2009, 10:26 PM
have I told you about my gold thong?

Bro, The visual is just too much for me to take LOL

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 10:27 PM

Pretty much anywhere. I think it's Cutler, not Orton, who benefits by the poll being posted here. I think outside of Denver, most everybody now thinks that Cutler is shaky and Orton is not.

TailgateNut
10-18-2009, 10:27 PM

It's just 60-40 here.

Chicago.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Ahh, Bears lose. That's all that really matters.

Some people hate Jay, some still like him. Small potatoes argument really.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Okay, I'll post it on the Bears site now ... if they let me start a thread with 0 posts :~ohyah!:

But it's JUST FOR FUN ... I don't wanna start a whole bunch of new fights.

misturanderson
10-18-2009, 10:31 PM
No kidding.

McDaniels could coach Cutler into a hall of famer.

Except that Cutler doesn't get along with McD and has some serious problems with personal growth and reflection. I haven't seen one iota of overall improvement from him since his second year in the league. He has always made some mind-numbingly awesome plays, but he is also still making those mind-numbingly stupid plays at about the same rate as he always did.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Okay, I'll post it on the Bears site now ... if they let me start a thread with 0 posts :~ohyah!:

But it's JUST FOR FUN ... I don't wanna start a whole bunch of new fights.

Nice! You may be right, I may be right, but it'll be fun to see what the answer is.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Except that Cutler doesn't get along with McD and has some serious problems with personal growth and reflection. I haven't seen one iota of overall improvement from him since his second year in the league. He has always made some mind-numbingly awesome plays, but he is also still making those mind-numbingly stupid plays at about the same rate as he always did.

I agree 100%. I don't think Cutler's particularly coachable. In a way, I think the nasty reaction to Orton helped him as a QB. He didn't come in with some idea that he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. He came in worried about fan reaction, put his trust in the coaching staff and system, and has profited beautifully.

misturanderson
10-18-2009, 10:38 PM
I agree 100%. I don't think Cutler's particularly coachable. In a way, I think the nasty reaction to Orton helped him as a QB. He didn't come in with some idea that he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. He came in worried about fan reaction, put his trust in the coaching staff and system, and has profited beautifully.

If you go look at his career stats, he has really only improved on his fumbling problems since his second year in the league.

His completion %, TD/Int ratio, avg. yards per play and QB rating have all stayed pretty much the same. He didn't even improve last year despite being sacked less than half as much as the year before. He regressed in every category that can't be directly attributed to him having >100 more attempts.

I don't see that changing and, as a result, he will never be an elite QB.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Nice! You may be right, I may be right, but it'll be fun to see what the answer is.

Okay, here you go: http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1852443.aspx

It's 1-1 now, but the guy voted no by mistake :~ohyah!

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 10:54 PM
It's 4-1 now, but 2 guys mistake-voted, and another guy voted from the Bears point of view ...

Broncosfreak_56
10-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Okay, here you go: http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1852443.aspx

It's 1-1 now, but the guy voted no by mistake :~ohyah!

I guess they aren't smart enough to read/comprehend what your asking. LOL

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 10:57 PM
It's 4-1 now, but 2 guys mistake-voted, and another guy voted from the Bears point of view ...

Haha, it's funny that the poll may turn on the literacy of Bears fans. I am not holding my breath for that...

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 10:58 PM
I guess they aren't smart enough to read/comprehend what your asking. LOL

I used SC's wording ... maybe that's what he had in mind ;D

A couple guys have said, "
no way, we don't want dink and dunk back, Cutler is great."

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 11:00 PM
I used SC's wording ... maybe that's what he had in mind ;D

A couple guys have said, "
no way, we don't want dink and dunk back, Cutler is great."

No, actually I rephrased my original poll to make it easier to follow! Yay for Chicago. The dead people can vote, but the live people can't read.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:01 PM
No, actually I rephrased my original poll to make it easier to follow! Yay for Chicago. The dead people can vote, but the live people can't read.

You tricked me.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 11:03 PM
You tricked me.

I am seriously laughing my ass off over here. You win the bet, just for entertaining the hell out of me with the stupidity of Chicago.

Broncos_OTM
10-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Jay Cutler has proven himself to be the Gun slinger QB. He isn't smart enough to run this offense. I am warming to Orton. Who has played lights out why would i want a QB who has 11 touch downs and 7 Ints.

Orton has improved when he took off his glove last week he looked like we got a steal. Orton and Denver offense are a perfect match.

Guys coulda shoulda woulda. who cares. he is NOT comeing back. Even if you make a pole. or send him flowers or candies.

I read your poll on their message board Broncomcbuff, and i have to say i dont know if Cutler has a girlfriend. But i am sure i could put a good word in for you.

lazarus4444
10-18-2009, 11:34 PM
mcbuff, thanks for posting that over there. The bear fans think cutler in this system we'd be going superbowl. Who is to say we won't be with orton? I honestly think that cutler would have failed in this system. One thing we can count on with cutler is red zone interceptions and not being able to put a game away and pouting all the way home looking like he's about to cry. no thanks to cutler and praise the Lord that mcdaniels traded that tard. He has all the physical tools in the world but he's not a winner.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I am seriously laughing my ass off over here. You win the bet, just for entertaining the hell out of me with the stupidity of Chicago.

I'm laughing too .... pretty funny we all care so much about this guy. I just can't wait for tomorrow night!

We're wearing the ROAD THROWBACK UNIFORMS! ;D

All brown and white!

http://patsblog.projo.com/broncos.jpg

Doggcow
10-18-2009, 11:36 PM
I would just because we can probably trade Cutler for Orton again and get more draft picks :P

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:36 PM
mcbuff, thanks for posting that over there. The bear fans think cutler in this system we'd be going superbowl. Who is to say we won't be with orton? I honestly think that cutler would have failed in this system. One thing we can count on with cutler is red zone interceptions and not being able to put a game away and pouting all the way home looking like he's about to cry. no thanks to cutler and praise the Lord that mcdaniels traded that tard. He has all the physical tools in the world but he's not a winner.

They're just being positive about their guy, he did play well tonight.

We're better off with Orton ... this year anyway.

And Robert-freaking-Ayers is already on the field on critical downs. Advanatge, us.

Rigs11
10-18-2009, 11:38 PM
What would our record be with baby jay's 7 picks? 3-2? I'll take 5-0 neckbeard any day over that whiny ass beatch.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm laughing too .... pretty funny we all care so much about this guy. I just can't wait for tomorrow night!

We're wearing the ROAD THROWBACK UNIFORMS! ;D

All brown and white!

http://patsblog.projo.com/broncos.jpg

Haha this is going to be hard to watch on TV with those unis. But I can't wait for tomorrow either!

NFLBRONCO
10-18-2009, 11:43 PM
I'd still rather have Cutler even though Orton has played very well so far. For every screw up Cutler makes he turns around and makes throws we no longer can. Fans said, Bears O is weaker then ours but, they have been in every game they have played. They are very close to being 5-0 as well.

Atwater His Ass
10-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Orton is 27-12 with the Broncos and Bears.

Cutler is 19-23 with the Broncos and Bears.

One of the most over hyped and worthless stats in football. It's not baseball.

Pick Six
10-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Trading Cutler for Orton has turned out to be a smart move.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 11:53 PM

Not sure how QB win-loss is much different than starting pitcher win-loss. Just like a QB is not in control of his defense, a pitcher is not in control of his offense.

Broncosfreak_56
10-18-2009, 11:56 PM

Wins are overhyped?

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:04 AM

Yeah, QB won-loss records are tough to put much stock in ...

One could argue (I'm not necessarily, but one could) that it was amazing Jay led us to an 8-8 record with the worst defense in the league.

That is a very reasonable conclusion.

Popps
10-19-2009, 12:08 AM

Really? Wins?

Wait, are you talking fantasy football or real football.

I'm fairly sure that most NFL coaches and players consider wins a fairly worthwhile stat.

Popps
10-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Look, I'm willing to consider a trade for Cutler but I have to know what Chicago is willing to throw in, at this point.

I'm thinking something like Cutler, a #1 and maybe Hester.

Actually, and a third next year.

Brandstater would: need a solid back-up and Jay has back-up material written all over him.

:thumbsup

Rock Chalk
10-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Turnovers aren't overhyped.

Just saying. I said it in another post but turnovers are the biggest culprit for teams winning and losing.

Orton = 1 turnover.
Cutler = at least 9 turnovers (7 picks and 2 lost fumbles that I am aware of).

Orton = 5-0
Cutler = 3-2

Funny thing, when Cutler doesn't **** his team over, they win games. Imagine that.

For that reason alone, I want Orton over Cutler every single time.

Popps
10-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Turnovers aren't overhyped.

Just saying. I said it in another post but turnovers are the biggest culprit for teams winning and losing.

Orton = 1 turnover.
Cutler = at least 9 turnovers (7 picks and 2 lost fumbles that I am aware of).

Orton = 5-0
Cutler = 3-2

Funny thing, when Cutler doesn't **** his team over, they win games. Imagine that.

For that reason alone, I want Orton over Cutler every single time.

Wins are overrated, though. You didn't hear? Yea. Yardage stats are the new measure of success in the NFL. Ask Warren Moon. I'm sure he wouldn't trade those precious yardage stats for a couple of SBs.

Funny how things work out, isn't it? People ran Plummer out of town and all he did was win. Win ugly, but he won. Dude had a winning record when he was benched.

So, insert flashy-armed QB and we go on a 3 year stink-fest.

Then, remove flashy-armed brat and insert smart, cautious QB and we're winning again.

Wow.

TheReverend
10-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Wins are overrated, though. You didn't hear? Yea. Yardage stats are the new measure of success in the NFL. Ask Warren Moon. I'm sure he wouldn't trade those precious yardage stats for a couple of SBs.

Funny how things work out, isn't it? People ran Plummer out of town and all he did was win. Win ugly, but he won. Dude had a winning record when he was benched.

So, insert flashy-armed QB and we go on a 3 year stink-fest.

Then, remove flashy-armed brat and insert smart, cautious QB and we're winning again.

Wow.

Plummer's wins are a great example of how wins : losses isn't very reflective of the QB.

Or do you need to see his AZ W/L record as proof?

Atwater His Ass
10-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Wins are overhyped?

Attributing wins-losses to the QB? Most definately.

Popps
10-19-2009, 12:31 AM
Plummer's wins are a great example of how wins : losses isn't very reflective of the QB.

Or do you need to see his AZ W/L record as proof?

Yea, he actually won a playoff game as a Card, no?

I'll check, but I'm fairly sure Cutler couldn't do that with one of the best offensive coaches in history.

I understand that wins are a reflection of team. No question. I'm a huge fan of team over player-stats.

Point is, your average fan simply doesn't want to (or can't) recognize the intangibles and little things a guy like Plummer/Orton can do to help a team win. People are just blinded by a football thrown fast... and assume that's all you need to win games.

There were 10 things Orton did to win that NE game last week that Cutler probably couldn't have done, and a few things he DIDN'T do that Cutler WOULD have done to get us in trouble.

There's a reason some guys just seem to win more often than others. Yes, you have to have the support staff... but you also have to have "it," and the jury is still WAY out on whether or not Cutler does.

dextermilo
10-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Pffft.

Cutler is better at almost everything except making good decisions. Man, his all or nothing style is just plain retarded. STAY AHEAD OF THE STICKS! DON'T FORCE THE BALL TO DOUBLE COVERED RECEIVERS!

Watching the CHI-ATL game this evening brought up a lot of painful memories from last year. The thing that pisses me off the most is that at the same time he is so damn good...

UberBroncoMan
10-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Crap I miss-read... it's late -_-...

Sorry but a mobile QB who went to a school that isn't for the mentally challenged, and has vastly more talent than Orton is the better choice.

I want Cutler to fail so we can get a better draft pick... I also hate Chicago.

I'm happy with what Orton has done, but for all we know if Cutler was here his INT's would be way down due to tutelage and because he already had such a strong link with our receivers.

Perhaps instead of inking out wins vs Cini, Dallas, and NE, we're beating them handily and we're dropping 40 on Cleavland and Oakland.

Just saying... who knows.

Cutler is > than Orton talent wise... he's also a year younger. On top of that he isn't going into the final year of his contract... think Orton is going to be cheap if he gets Casslefied? Cutler still has 3 years left (counting this one) I believe.

BroncoMan4ever
10-19-2009, 01:04 AM

I didn't think so.

Jay is 1 year younger. he has health problems, a ****ty attitude, is a poor teammate and leader, but has more athletic ability

Orton is a year older, no health problems, a great attitude, great teammate, great leader and has ok athletic ability.

give me the guy with less athletic ability but a better character and mental ability over the guy with the cannon for an arm, ****ty mental ability and health problems any day.

TDmvp
10-19-2009, 01:51 AM
The mods should merge all these into one thread and get it over with ...

I mean my god bump a old thread for this BS...Hell it's damn near mid season and every noob , lurker and troll is coming out of the wood work to rehash this crap once a week when there is bigger fish to fry.

If i was TJ i would make a Cutler supforum like someone mentioned just so I could move these crap threads to it...

He's not a Bronco ... get over it already and enjoy our start and stop Fing with our Karma...

Dudeskey
10-19-2009, 01:59 AM
No draft picks? Screw that.

But if Chicago were to offer Cutler plus two 1st's and a 3rd for Orton and say a 5th....McD should definitely at least listen. :thumbsup:

LOL at least Orton wouldn't get all pissed about it unlike that other QB...

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 07:55 AM
I would just because we can probably trade Cutler for Orton again and get more draft picks :P

:spit:

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Yeah, QB won-loss records are tough to put much stock in ...

One could argue (I'm not necessarily, but one could) that it was amazing Jay led us to an 8-8 record with the worst defense in the league.

That is a very reasonable conclusion.

Yep Hilarious! one would rather have a QB with mucho yardage, minute amounts of wins and a pro bowl trip than to entertain a QB who is a team player, has a brain, and manages to win games. ROFL!

BroncoInSkinland
10-19-2009, 08:15 AM
I don't believe that Cutler would give us more wins than Orton, and I would hate to have his punk ass back in Denver, but I would support this trade because I think Cutler has more trade value. Despite Orton's excellent showing so far, I think he is overperforming, and is not the long term solution for Denver (another thought that I hope I am wrong about, maybe that is good Orton mojo). I would take Jay back, then quickly bounce his non-Denver-loving ass out the door for a few more first rounders.

backup qb
10-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Anyone like to discuss the chargers?

backup qb
10-19-2009, 08:19 AM
What would our record be with baby jay's 7 picks? 3-2? I'll take 5-0 neckbeard any day over that whiny ass beatch.

How do you know he would have 7 picks with us? We have an o-line unlike Chicago. Did I miss something or did God's gift to football Matt Ryan also throw 2 picks?

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Everyone always says "Cutler is more talented." Maybe I am in the minority here, but there is way more to talent than arm strength and mobility! The NFL is not a punt-pass-kick contest.

To me, QB talent comes down to things like: getting first downs, scoring, protecting the ball, clock management when necessary. That is talent. Can Cutler hit a stationary target 60 yards away more often than Orton? Probably. Does that in any way make him a good QB? Absolutely not.

Cutler is like a golfer who competes in long drive competitions. Orton is like a guy on the PGA Tour. Physical ability, while clearly necessary to a point, is far, far less important than intelligent decision making and game awareness.

misturanderson
10-19-2009, 12:45 PM
How do you know he would have 7 picks with us? We have an o-line unlike Chicago. Did I miss something or did God's gift to football Matt Ryan also throw 2 picks?

His second pick last night sure as hell wasn't a result of pressure. That's a theme that pops up a lot with Cutler. He throws a lot of INTs when he really isn't under that much pressure.

I mean he was second worst in the NFL with his 18 picks last year, yet he was behind arguably the best pass blocking line in the league. The pressure isn't why he makes mistakes.

jhns
10-19-2009, 12:55 PM
A trade of Orton for Cutler straight up? I would have that trade done before they could finish asking if I want to make the trade.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Everyone always says "Cutler is more talented." Maybe I am in the minority here, but there is way more to talent than arm strength and mobility! The NFL is not a punt-pass-kick contest.

Damn straight you're in the minority!

Do you even look to see what's going on outside this website?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-19-2009, 01:13 PM
what are some of you people smokin i want some of that?
oh you people do know the secret to ortons success is his neck beard other teams are in awe of it. i hear his neck beard whiskers can make lousy qbs 100% better.
im gonna start selling bags of it on ebay soon

misturanderson
10-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Damn straight you're in the minority!

Do you even look to see what's going on outside this website?

How is that relevant? Those same idiots that are so sure that Cutler is a franchise QB, thought that we would be competing for the worst record in the league. Shows how valuable their opinions are.

jhns
10-19-2009, 01:36 PM
How is that relevant? Those same idiots that are so sure that Cutler is a franchise QB, thought that we would be competing for the worst record in the league. Shows how valuable their opinions are.

I didn't see a single person here say that we would even have a shot at a top 5 defense. The offense has been worse than it was and the special teams have had some impropvement. If we had a middle of the pack or worse defense, like you and everyone else thought we would, we would also not be winning. In fact, we would be right were everyone in the world thought we would be.

Lucky for us, we brought in a guy that did the impossible. He turned this franchises worst ever defense into one of the best. So let's not act like one opinion makes everyone wrong on everything. Even you didn't think this would happen. If you did, I would love to see it.

The last point and probably most important is this. Everyone actually can see Cutler playing. He has been playing for a while in fact. What they say about Cutler is going off of what they can see, which means it is much harder for everyone to be wrong. When people speculated about this team, they weren't going off of anything. It isn't hard to figure out why that makes it harder to be right. The two things have nothing in common so I really don't get your example.

misturanderson
10-19-2009, 03:31 PM
I didn't see a single person here say that we would even have a shot at a top 5 defense. The offense has been worse than it was and the special teams have had some impropvement. If we had a middle of the pack or worse defense, like you and everyone else thought we would, we would also not be winning. In fact, we would be right were everyone in the world thought we would be.

Lucky for us, we brought in a guy that did the impossible. He turned this franchises worst ever defense into one of the best. So let's not act like one opinion makes everyone wrong on everything. Even you didn't think this would happen. If you did, I would love to see it.

The last point and probably most important is this. Everyone actually can see Cutler playing. He has been playing for a while in fact. What they say about Cutler is going off of what they can see, which means it is much harder for everyone to be wrong. When people speculated about this team, they weren't going off of anything. It isn't hard to figure out why that makes it harder to be right. The two things have nothing in common so I really don't get your example.

The point is not that they aren't forming opinions about what they see, the point is that they have a proven track record of having bad opinions.