10-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Antwan Odom
Lofa Tatupu
Kris Jenkins

All lost for the year due to injuries.

s0phr0syne
10-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah...no kidding.

Some posters here have been thumping their chests making fun of the Bills and Titans, etc, but when it comes down to it, we've been flat out LUCKY so far in terms of injuries. If enough of them hit us, we're just as **cked, if not more so, than all the other teams out there.

I hope we can keep up the relative health of this team. Maybe it's because of all that dynamic stretching.... :P

Kaylore
10-18-2009, 11:38 PM
I credit the adjusted work outs as well as practicing in pads for our relatively (knock on wood) good health of our team.

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 11:40 PM
I credit the adjusted work outs as well as practicing in pads for our relatively (knock on wood) good health of our team.

I think being bigger upfront on defense also helping. We don't have dbacks having to tackle RBs who are running full speed.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Don't even start threads like this ... (although we have pretty decent depth on defense).

And Khan I've been thinking that about the hard-hitting practices - not that they save injuries as much, but that they've made us tougher and more competitive.

Kaylore
10-18-2009, 11:43 PM
I think being bigger upfront on defense also helping. We don't have dbacks having to tackle RBs who are running full speed.

We didn't have too many of those injuries, though. I agree that size helps in general, but we frequently lead the league in soft tissue injuries, (hammies and groin pulls) particularly at DB. That was usually a guy running and then pulling up lame more than him getting hurt. The running backs were just fragile. Lately it's been a lot of twisted ankles.

Atwater His Ass
10-18-2009, 11:52 PM

I find this opinion to be pretty, well, ignorant.

Football is a violent game and injuries will happen no matter what your work out routine is.

Practicing in pads has no bearing on game day injuries. Sure, it can bring around a different attitude for the team during practice that can overflow to gameday (with the added risk of injury during practices), but that's about it.

CHANGSTER
10-19-2009, 12:00 AM
This thread makes me nervous. Weekends over! Knock on wood.

baja
10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Looks like I'm going to have sacrifice another chicken!

My hen house population would appreciate it if you guys would stop with these type threads

Beantown Bronco
10-19-2009, 08:25 AM
We haven't had season-enders, but they have certainly had their share of significant enough injuries throughout the preseason and early weeks. We are just lucking out with the timing of some of them.

Moreno
Buckhalter
Kuper
Hamilton
Dawkins
Orton
A. Smith
Stokley

Add in a few concussions, etc. and it's not like we've been totally immune here.

Tombstone RJ
10-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Antwan Odom
Lofa Tatupu
Kris Jenkins

All lost for the year due to injuries.

All defensive guys, all huge for their teams. Not sure if Cincy can keep going without Odom bringing the heat.

Jenkins gone is huge for the Jets defense.

Rohirrim
10-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Somebody needs to kill this thread. Bad mojo.

outdoor_miner
10-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Yikes! I didn't know all these guys were out for the year. The NFL season really is a war of attrition...

Anaximines
10-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Antwan Odom

Leaving at the top of the sack list

Blart
10-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Somebody needs to kill this thread. Bad mojo.

Let this post be the last and we'll pretend this thread doesn't exist.