PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Stat: Cutler Has Thrown The 2nd Most Interceptions in the League

bronco0608
10-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Who would have thunk it, huh?

What excuse can we give the Culterites for all his ints? Because I distinctly remember when he was a Bronco, 92% of all his ints were somebody elses fault.

Let's do a poll, shall we...

The Joker
10-18-2009, 08:43 PM
This thread needed to happen.

That's one thing we can all agree on.

Garcia Bronco
10-18-2009, 08:45 PM
7 in the red zone over the last 2 seasons and leads by a large margin.

GreatBronco16
10-18-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't know man, that's a tough one.

bronco0608
10-18-2009, 08:48 PM
I want the Cutler Nut Hugging Fan Club to chime in, specifically.

Rastaman -- Grand Puba of hugging
SoCalBronco -- VP of shininess
BroncoBuff -- Fighting Grand Puba for his job

And the rest...You know who you are

bronco0608
10-18-2009, 08:50 PM
BroncoBuff says....

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/chris-crocker-cries.jpg

Leave Jay Alone!@!!

Man-Goblin
10-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Wait, there's no way he has more than Delhomme and now the Dirty Sanchez, is there? PS. I still hate him and he's a total douche.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
it was the wind no the sun no the lights

Broncosfreak_56
10-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Damn...

...he isn't first?

theAPAOps5
10-18-2009, 09:01 PM
But he is the best QB ever! Don't doubt his awesome. Once again he shows he chokes and his team may pick him up.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Once again he shows he chokes and his team may pick him up.

Yeah, he just choked his way to a 91 yard TD drive in the 4th quarter to tie it.

You're right Apa, he sucks :rofl:

RhymesayersDU
10-18-2009, 09:04 PM
If it's a good 'ol fashioned circle-jerk you wanted, why didn't you just say so??

bpc
10-18-2009, 09:04 PM
4th or 5th come from behind to tie or take the lead game this year?

Jay is doing just fine.

The people that hate Jay would have ran Favre out of GB when he first started.

"HE'S NOT GOOD, TURNS THE BALL OVER TOO MUCH!"

LMAO. Good luck Jay, I hope you kick ass in Chicago.

bronco0608
10-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Damn...

...he isn't first?

Unfortunately, no. Jake Delhomme has him by one. But Jay has never been known to be a quitter. Give him time :rofl:

TheDave
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Hmmm... This should to go well.

bronco0608
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM

Jay is doing just fine.

His nine turnovers have nothing to do with him coming back so often? Come on, get real.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 09:07 PM

Jay is doing just fine.

Yup ... this little Orange island of delusion, it's hilarious.

The only place on Earth where Jay is not a franchise quarterback :~ohyah!:

bronco0608

I was going to make you secretary of the club, but held back. :giggle:

BroncoBuff
Bears' D is gonna give it away here though ... Atlanta is in FG range already.

Rabb
10-18-2009, 09:08 PM
His nine turnovers have nothing to do with him coming back so often? Come on, get real.

http://www.bingo-paypal.co.uk/articles/images/small/paypal_bingo.jpg

theAPAOps5
10-18-2009, 09:10 PM

he isn't but sadly you ruin your reputations constantly claiming he is. Go watch those 2 INT's and then come up with an excuse. Sad really, but funny none the less! McD knew what he was getting rid of, THANK GOD!

Spider
10-18-2009, 09:10 PM

:D yeah ........still not as good as the great Greise debate though .People still butt hurt over that one

Gort
10-18-2009, 09:23 PM
a franchise QB with a 20-21 career record. forget the waiting period. forget retirement. let's just get started on Jay's bust for Canton now! he's a lock for the HOF because BroncoMcButt says so. that's good enough for me!!!

anyone have some grape kool-aid, i'm kinda thirsty.

bronco0608
10-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah, he just choked his way to a 91 yard TD drive in the 4th quarter to tie it.

Two near interceptions for the franchise on the unsucessful game tying drive. And you were saying, buff? Ha!

bronco0608
10-18-2009, 09:29 PM

Jay is doing just fine.

Wipe those tears away, BPC! Our pick just got a little higher!

bronco0608
10-18-2009, 09:31 PM
If it's a good 'ol fashioned circle-jerk you wanted, why didn't you just say so??

Your dream is to be in the middle isn't, kid?

Rohirrim
10-18-2009, 09:31 PM
He sure can zip it right in there.

ant1999e
10-18-2009, 09:32 PM
yeah, he just choked his way to a 91 yard td drive in the 4th quarter to tie it.

You're right apa, he sucks :rofl:

lol

Dagmar
10-18-2009, 09:34 PM
http://thejetpress.com/files/2009/03/emo_jay_cutler.jpg

bpc

We've been over this often. You are late to the party.

This thread, or something like it has been brought up time and again, and refuted every time.

Call it whatever you want. He's making some mistakes but he's carrying the Bears, just like he was forced to carry the Broncos franchise over the past two years. He'll be better for it in the long run too.

Dagmar
http://i38.tinypic.com/20797w1.gif

theAPAOps5

Do yourself a favor and just stop. It will make a world of difference. I know Cutler is your favorite player but he isn't that good.

Bronx33
10-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Theres no (i) in team jay!

Broncomutt
10-18-2009, 09:38 PM

Yeah the guy managed to almost salvage the 2 picks he threw early. Almost

ALMOST

bronco0608
10-18-2009, 09:40 PM

This thread, or something like it has been brought up time and again, and refuted every time.

Call it whatever you want. He's making some mistakes but he's carrying the Bears, just like he was forced to carry the Broncos franchise over the past two years. He'll be better for it in the long run too.

Why is he "carrying" the bears? I thought he had a great defense, a franchise back, a talented offensive line..etc.

You played football so you know. TOs are one of the most important stats in the NFL. If you lose the TO battle, you usually lose the game because the players are so equal.

The more TOs you have on offense, the more you put your defense in bad situations, and the more points they give up. Then the offense has to start slinging it.

What does Mcdaniels call it? Complimentary football. Cutler doesn't have a clue about that.

There is a reason that guy was second in the leauge in TOs last season, and is second this year. He makes bad decisions. Talented as all heck, but you can't win consistently in this league when your QB keeps turning the ball over.

You just can't.

bpc
10-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Wipe those tears away, BPC! Our pick just got a little higher!

No tears here. I wouldn't have even thought of this thread if not for the pettyness of a few haters.

As for the draft picks, I get to be happy on either end. If Jay wins, i'm happy for him. If the Bears lose, i'm happy for our draft pick. Ultimately Denver is 5-0 which trumps all else.

It's an advantageous world I live in. Lots of positive, little negative. I feel for you guys though, that you constantly feel the need to measure your fan cock size in this race to prove who's right or wrong in rooting for Shanny, in being a fan of Jay Cutler.

It's pretty pathetic actually.

bronco0608
10-18-2009, 09:42 PM
And did you guys peep the one audible Jay called all night? It was dead wrong. He read the coverage wrong, called a run, and it gained a yard.

Come on, maaaan.

Rigs11
10-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Stop it you guys!Jay is a freaking franchise Qb! Leave him alone!Chris Collinsworth is gonna get really angry if you keep bashing him!Hilarious!

Drek
10-18-2009, 09:45 PM

If by Earth you mean "Jay Cutler fans twisted version of reality" then yes, Denver is the only place he's not considered a franchise QB.

Now here in reality we don't crown people franchise QBs until they lead a team to a winning season at a minimum. A playoff birth would be nice. Not having twice as many red zone INTs as the next highest QB over the last two years would be a plus as well.

I've told you before Buff, Cutler is in absolutely no way a top 10 QB in the NFL. Right now he's struggling to stay in the top 15. He's looked good beating up on scrubs like Detroit and Seattle (missing about a dozen starters including much of the defensive back seven and the starting QB). Great for him. Now he's got to play real teams.

Atlanta isn't even that good defensively. Their DBs are weak as it gets. Its not going to get any easier for Cutler going to Cincy next week.

Carrying the Bears straight to a .500 season and watching the playoffs from home. Just like he did with Denver over the last couple years.

In order for someone "carrying" a team to be commendable doesn't it have to end in some kind of legitimate winning? Peyton Manning carries the Colts. Drew Brees carries the Saints. When Stephen Jackson tears off another 1400 yard season and the Rams go 2-14 is his "carrying" them something to applaud?

I'd love to see this written in stone refutation of how Cutler throwing red zone picks, fumbling, and generally not protecting the football is somehow excusable and in no way costs his team chances at victory too. I bet its some really fascinating logic being applied there. I mean being able to legitimately prove that something negative happening in no way leads to negative outcomes overall? That is some Fields Medal material right there.

DarkHorse30
10-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Stop it you guys!Jay is a freaking franchise Qb! Leave him alone!Chris Collinsworth is gonna get really angry if you keep bashing him!Hilarious!

Chris Collinsworth has found his Brett Farve; and am I actually starting to miss Madden? Say it ain't so....

Bronco X
10-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Jay is not as bad as the haters say he is. Nor is he as great as his nut huggers say he is. He's a QB loaded with every tangible skill you could want with very few of the intangibles that make a QB a winner. He may develop those intangibles, but he's not there yet.

Rock Chalk
10-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Jay is not as bad as the haters say he is. Nor is he as great as his nut huggers say he is. He's a QB loaded with every tangible skill you could want with very few of the intangibles that make a QB a winner. He may develop those intangibles, but he's not there yet.

This.

Every QB throws picks.

But when you lead the league by a large margin of red zone interceptions, that is not a good sign.

Last year it was because our run game sucked.

Well the bears run game has been pretty damn solid for going on 90 years. ANd he is still doing it. It's obviously not the run game that is the problem.

outdoor_miner
10-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Why is he "carrying" the bears? I thought he had a great defense, a franchise back, a talented offensive line..etc.

You played football so you know. TOs are one of the most important stats in the NFL. If you lose the TO battle, you usually lose the game because the players are so equal.

The more TOs you have on offense, the more you put your defense in bad situations, and the more points they give up. Then the offense has to start slinging it.

What does Mcdaniels call it? Complimentary football. Cutler doesn't have a clue about that.

There is a reason that guy was second in the leauge in TOs last season, and is second this year. He makes bad decisions. Talented as all heck, but you can't win consistently in this league when your QB keeps turning the ball over.

You just can't.

This is a great post... Cutler was supposed to be the final piece of the Bears puzzle. Now, the defense sucks, the line sucks, the running game sucks. Quite coincidental that they start sucking right when they get there. Cuz we all know Orton was the only thing holding them back last year.

Houshyamama
10-18-2009, 10:14 PM
OrangeMane.... let it go.

http://media.entertainment.sky.com/image/unscaled/2008/11/19/Indiana-Jones-The-Last-Crusade-Let-It-Go-indiana.jpg

wolf754life
10-18-2009, 10:17 PM
jay had his head down, frowny face, looked upset, doesn't like his teammates very much right now...

hope he likes his new O-line

grass is always greener....

sad bad mad says jay!

bpc
10-18-2009, 10:26 PM

You just can't.

Cutler has been expected to carry every franchise since he started his first game.

Brett Favre's career refutes everything you are talking about. He has the most win's, TD passes, among other stats and a super bowl to his name. Is he a terrible QB?

Career stat comparison:

Player A: 42 starts, 65 TD's, 44 INT's.

Player B: 42 starts, 59 TD's, 45 INT's.

A is Cutler, B is Favre. I didn't even count the first 3 INT's Favre threw.

As you can see, Jay Cutler is off to a terrible start to his career per the words of all you haters.

Hate Jay because you think he has a terrible attitude, hate Jay because you think he's a punk, whatever. Don't hate Jay because he's a terrible QB, that's just a stupid assertion. It always has been. He's still maturing, and carrying another team, and he's off to a great start to his career.

OBF1
10-18-2009, 10:27 PM
WOW.... runaway poll

theAPAOps5
10-18-2009, 10:29 PM
But, but Jay Cutler is the ****! Just ask his fluffers. I won't name names as they will get upset.

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
wow another 2 interceptions tonight.

It's true he is very talented and athletic. He makes some amazing throws. In the NFL though it takes more then that to win. To be Manning, Brady, Brees you have to protect the ball.

Cutler seems to be just what some said come out of college. Sort of a spaz sometimes that will just uncork a really bad pass a few times a game.

Then the flip side is hes a gunslinger, which makes up for some of the spaz, but also leads to him forcing the ball a lot.

Since his style is to force the ball Cutler must cut the spaz throws out. I mean that one overthrow was just a horrid pass. No one to blame but Cutler.

Rock Chalk
10-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Cutler has been expected to carry every franchise since he started his first game.

Brett Favre's career refutes everything you are talking about. He has the most win's, TD passes, among other stats and a super bowl to his name. Is he a terrible QB?

Career stat comparison:

As you can see, Jay Cutler is off to a terrible start to his career per the words of all you haters.

Hate Jay because you think he has a terrible attitude, hate Jay because you think he's a punk, whatever. Don't hate Jay because he's a terrible QB, that's just a stupid assertion. It always has been. He's still maturing, and carrying another team, and he's off to a great start to his career.
WRONG.

ATTITUDE is everything with QBs. The difference between Favre and Cutler is that Favre didn't have a ****ty attitude then, and doesn't have a ****ty attitude now. The dude loves the game, loves his teams, and loves putting it all on the line for them (except Javon Walker, but he was also right in that regard).

Cutler on the other hand is NOT a great QB because he LACKS the attitude and mental makeup OF a great QB. No one will doubt he has all the skills necessary to make a great QB. So did Ryan Leaf. So does JaFatBoy Russell. What separates the ****ty busts from the greats is attitude.

Right now, Jay does not have the right attitude. He is aloof, arrogant, and condescending. Not a team player and quick to throw people under the bus.

AND, in my not so humble but usually right opinion, Jay Cutler will never change. Its his personality makeup and you cannot change that. Unless he suffers a severe brain trauma, it is what it is with Jay C.

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 10:34 PM
jay had his head down, frowny face, looked upset, doesn't like his teammates very much right now...

hope he likes his new O-line

grass is always greener....

sad bad mad says jay!

The good new is he has this yr, and then when new CBA is around in 2011 after hes a FA right? He could just ask for so much money no long term deal gets done, then hope some team will make him an offer Bears wont match.

Or he's already shown he can force a trade.

Bears don't have any first day picks next yr so they might not get a lot of help in the draft. I do think it's Cutlers talent that has made the WR look better then they are, thats a credit to Cutler.

My question is what happened to the Bears running game? I thought they upraded the oline? Why was this oline and forte able to run so well last yr? but not this yr?

I don't get it.

We all sort of thought with a really strong running game Cutler would tear it up. But the running game not there and the are 2 1/1 games back in the division already.

If the Bears lose another and minny wins another, hell it's almost over with before it got good.

Popps
10-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Cutler is 2nd in INTs?

At least he's consistent.

2nd last year, too.

Franchise.

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Jay's look when Atl scored to re-take the lead said it all. He's a friggin finger pointer and a destroyer of head coaches. You watch Lovie gets fired after the yr. It will be 2 for 2 for good ole Jay the coach killer Cutler.

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 10:36 PM
What would be funny is for bears to hire shanny, and then in 3-4 yrs ge gets fired also. Cutler could get him fired twice!!!!!

Popps
10-18-2009, 10:37 PM

Jay is doing just fine.

:spit:

Yea, I mean... when you're "slinging" the 2nd most interceptions in the league, I suppose you get a lot of comeback opportunities.

I'm just trying to keep this straight, Chris. So, a QB is good as long as he can tie a game at some stage, regardless of any other factors... including him being the primary reason they were down?

baja
10-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Did I mention Orton was voted the offensive player of the week last week.

How many has jay won anyway???

steeledude
10-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Jay's look when Atl scored to re-take the lead said it all. He's a friggin finger pointer and a destroyer of head coaches. You watch Lovie gets fired after the yr. It will be 2 for 2 for good ole Jay the coach killer Cutler.

This is the most ignorant post I've read in awhile. Nothing Shanahan or Lovie did counted against them before Cutler arrived. Everything was peaches and cream--the first and last mistakes those coaches made was Cutler.

Except Cutler looked pretty good tonight. And really every night.

You are the type of poster who jumps all over someone for suggesting Ayers or Moreno might be a bust so early in the season. And rightly so, it is too soon to tell. Yet a young QB who has been to the pro-bowl isn't allowed to make mistakes. When his stat line compared to Favre.

You are just a hater. It's sad really that Jay hurt you so much.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Yet a young QB who has been to the pro-bowl isn't allowed to make mistakes. When his stat line compared to Favre.

I can't say that having a TD-INT ratio like Favre's is anything to be particularly proud of. Favre has prospered IN SPITE of his interception problem. Cutler hasn't really prospered at all.

Los Broncos
10-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Just bad throws that's all there is to it.

Popps
10-18-2009, 11:03 PM

:rofl:

broncocalijohn
10-18-2009, 11:06 PM
I was listening to Jay-love tonight on NBC and it is all on the receivers. At least I think he said receivers. He was kinda gurgling as he had Cutler's nads in his mouth while speaking.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 11:09 PM
I was listening to Jay-love tonight on NBC and it is all on the receivers. At least I think he said receivers. He was kinda gurgling as he had Cutler's nads in his mouth while speaking.

For me, it all comes down to this. As Orton was going out in the Q4 of the New England game, I had all the confidence in the world that we would win the game. As Cutler was playing tonight, I had the same confidence that the Falcons would smite him and win.

When you get right down to it, that's the difference. Orton finds ways to win despite inferior physical ability. Cutler finds ways to lose despite superior physical ability. Orton is to Cutler as Terry Bradshaw is to Jeff George.

broncocalijohn
10-18-2009, 11:12 PM
This is the most ignorant post I've read in awhile.......

You are the type of poster who jumps all over someone for suggesting Ayers or Moreno might be a bust so early in the season. And rightly so, it is too soon to tell. Yet a young QB who has been to the pro-bowl isn't allowed to make mistakes. When his stat line compared to Favre.

Holy ****! Did you, of all people, just say that? Here is the famous quote of a maner telling those that predicted a 4 and 12 record to shove it. Here is your response..
I can't wait until you're wrong and your cowardly heart prevents you from posting here anymore. Because people like you bury their heads in the sand when they're wrong, instead of owning up to it.

You have other beauts that I will post here too so everyone that missed your absence (just like other haters), can see what type of "FAN" you really are. When someone wants to be correct over his team being successful, no one should have the time to give a rat's a$$ what you think or feel. You are the biggest disgrace on this board. That is saying a lot too.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:16 PM
You weiners, Jay is nowhere near #1 in interceptions.

He's tied for SIXTH most with FIVE other guys ... :oyvey:

That's just sad.

lazarus4444
10-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Cutler isn't a winner, Favre is. Comparing stats mean nothing, its all about heart and leadership. In that regard, those two are nothing alike at all...

broncocalijohn
here is another from Steeledud

True. I just can't support this team. I guess I didn't realize it until right now, but we have a coach who practices in lying and deception. I can't stand it, nor do I accept it. I love the players, but I actually hate our franchise. Wow. I never thought I'd say that. **** Pat Bowlen and his staff.

Drunk Monkey
As I found myself actively yelling and cursing at the TV for a Bears loss I realize I am officially on the I Hate Cutler Bandwagon. Really enjoyed the game, he looked especially pouty today.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Cutler isn't a winner, Favre is. Comparing stats mean nothing, its all about heart and leadership. In that regard, those two are nothing alike at all...

Cutler hasn't won a lot of games, but there's another way of looking at that: It was pretty amazing he overcame the worst defense in the league to lead us to 8-8.

baja
10-18-2009, 11:25 PM
That's the most warped, twisted, nonsense post I've read all day :~ohayh!:

What part of TWO 90+ yard drives in the 4th quarter don't you get?

What part of TWO first-round picks don't you get?

<b>Again, this board is the only place where people would even entertain the notion that Orton is better than Cutler.

For the Broncos Orton is the better QB.

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 11:26 PM
As I found myself actively yelling and cursing at the TV for a Bears loss I realize I am officially on the I Hate Cutler Bandwagon. Really enjoyed the game, he looked especially pouty today.

It's all good, this wagon holds an infinite amount of people.

The only good Cutler is a losing Cutler. The worst he does, the better our pick gets.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:26 PM
For the Broncos Orton is the better QB.

I agree with that, for this year anyway.

Hey ... WE AGREE ON SOMETHING!

Lev Vyvanse
10-18-2009, 11:30 PM

That's just sad.

tied for #4 with one other player.
You are sad.

McDman
10-18-2009, 11:30 PM

Agree. He has chance to develop into a really good QB.

UberBroncoMan
10-18-2009, 11:32 PM
If only this thread was true... problem is Mark Sanchez has 10, Jake Delhomme has 10, Kerry Collins has 8... THEN Jay Cutler has 7 (he's tied with Carson Palmer).

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Agree. He has chance to develop into a really good QB.

Isn't "Not throwing the ball to the other team" more of a tangible skill than an intangible skill?

broncocalijohn
10-18-2009, 11:34 PM
It's all good, this wagon holds an infinite amount of people.

The only good Cutler is a losing Cutler. The worst he does, the better our pick gets.

If he blames all others and pisses off the tribe (personally, Cutler is better than most of what they have had in 20 years), that wagon will have passengers with the name Bears on it. We dont discriminate. It started with the Chargers fans and then we took the reigns and rolled with it. If Bears, Packers and any other team fans want to join us, we will be hitching new wagons probably every week.

BroncoMan4ever
10-18-2009, 11:35 PM

exactly. stats don't tell how great a QB is. for example look at Elway and Marino. Marino ended his career with almost every QB record. Yet Elway had more wins and a pair of rings to go with 5 super bowl appearances to Marino's 1. what QB had the better career? the answer is easily Elway.

not trying to **** on Marino, he is one of my all time favorite non Broncos, but we all know, without a thought he would trade every one of his records with Elway for Elway's 2 rings.

RMT
10-18-2009, 11:39 PM

That's just sad.

wrong - after today cutler is currently 4th in INTs behind Delhomme (who has played 5 games with 10 INTs) and Sanchez and Collins (8 picks each, in 6 games) and cutler is tied with Palmer (7 picks each, and Cutler's played in 5 games).

using some math, "picks/game" puts cutler alone in 2nd place with 1.4 picks/game. delhomme throws 2 picks/game and sanchez & collins each throw 1.33 picks/game.

and the TIMING of cutler's picks are special importance, too - interesting state provided during tonight's game - cutler's 7 INTs in the redzone over the last 2 seasons is tops in the NFL.

maher_tyler
10-18-2009, 11:40 PM
If by Earth you mean "Jay Cutler fans twisted version of reality" then yes, Denver is the only place he's not considered a franchise QB.

Now here in reality we don't crown people franchise QBs until they lead a team to a winning season at a minimum. A playoff birth would be nice. Not having twice as many red zone INTs as the next highest QB over the last two years would be a plus as well.

I've told you before Buff, Cutler is in absolutely no way a top 10 QB in the NFL. Right now he's struggling to stay in the top 15. He's looked good beating up on scrubs like Detroit and Seattle (missing about a dozen starters including much of the defensive back seven and the starting QB). Great for him. Now he's got to play real teams.

Atlanta isn't even that good defensively. Their DBs are weak as it gets. Its not going to get any easier for Cutler going to Cincy next week.

Carrying the Bears straight to a .500 season and watching the playoffs from home. Just like he did with Denver over the last couple years.

In order for someone "carrying" a team to be commendable doesn't it have to end in some kind of legitimate winning? Peyton Manning carries the Colts. Drew Brees carries the Saints. When Stephen Jackson tears off another 1400 yard season and the Rams go 2-14 is his "carrying" them something to applaud?

I'd love to see this written in stone refutation of how Cutler throwing red zone picks, fumbling, and generally not protecting the football is somehow excusable and in no way costs his team chances at victory too. I bet its some really fascinating logic being applied there. I mean being able to legitimately prove that something negative happening in no way leads to negative outcomes overall? That is some Fields Medal material right there.

This, This and This

^5

Rock Chalk
10-18-2009, 11:43 PM

That's just sad.

No, he's tied for 4th with Carson Palmer.

He is one shy of Kerry Collins and 3 short of Delhomme and Sanchez and has played 1 less game too. Through each QBs first five games of the season, Cutler is sitting all alone in 2nd most interceptions at 7 with Delhomme the lone player through the first five games having more.

Cutler is on pace for 32 TDs and 23 interceptions on the season. I don't care who you are, that is not an acceptable TD/INT ratio.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Cutler is on pace for 32 TDs and 23 interceptions on the season. I don't care who you are, that is not an acceptable TD/INT ratio.

Worked for John.

Dumass.

azbroncfan
10-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Worked for John.

Dumass.

Except John was a winner Dumbass.

azbroncfan
10-19-2009, 12:02 AM
This is the most ignorant post I've read in awhile. Nothing Shanahan or Lovie did counted against them before Cutler arrived. Everything was peaches and cream--the first and last mistakes those coaches made was Cutler.

You are just a hater. It's sad really that Jay hurt you so much.

I hope you switched up your team to root for and are a bear fan now.

Rock Chalk
10-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Worked for John.

Dumass.

Yeah, except when John Needed a 90+ yard drive in the 4th quarter, he scored Touchdowns.

John was the most clutch QB Ive ever seen, Cutler is the most choke QB Ive ever seen.

So what worked for John, won't work for Cutler.

Ever.

So stop comparing the two.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:28 AM
John was the most clutch QB Ive ever seen, Cutler is the most choke QB Ive ever seen.

No he isn't, not according to you.

You said:

I don't care who you are,
that is not an acceptable TD/INT ratio.

I just pointed out the fact John's CAREER ratio was worse than that.

Just take your beat-down like a man ... try laughing at yourself for once. ;D

Kaylore
10-19-2009, 12:36 AM
It is all the first three. He still leads the league in redzone turnovers and is still an ass at press conferences. The former is the receivers/playcalling/offensive line's fault. Jay can do no wrong.

The latter is because of Josh McDaniels and Pat Bowlen conspiring against him. There is no end to their evil ways and they continue to sabotage him. Also Phillip Rivers goaded him into his missed passes to Greg Olsen.

azbroncfan
10-19-2009, 12:44 AM
It is all the first three. He still leads the league in redzone turnovers and is still an ass at press conferences. The former is the receivers/playcalling/offensive line.

The latter is because of Josh McDaniels and Pat Bowlen conspiring against him. There is no end to their evil ways and they continue to sabotage him. Also Phillip Rivers goaded him into his missed passes to Greg Olsen.

Come on it isn't his fault he can't win. His RB fumbled, his OL got penalties, WR/TE's dropped balls his INT's don't count since they were in the first half. LEAVE JAY ALONE nothing is his fault.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:44 AM
It is all the first three. He still leads the league in redzone turnovers and is still an ass at press conferences. The former is the receivers/playcalling/offensive line.
That is pretty awful ... what did Michaels say tonight, he has "twice as many red zone ints" as any other QB the last 2 years?

That's horrid ... if he could cut down on that, he'd obviously win a lot more games.

BroncoMan4ever
10-19-2009, 01:21 AM
and in other news that is about as surprising as Cutler being 2nd in the league in INTs.

Water is wet.

Archer81
10-19-2009, 01:22 AM
He was 2nd last year. At least he is consistent.

:Broncos:

BroncoMan4ever
10-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Worked for John.

Dumass.

are you high comparing one of the greatest players to ever play the game to Cutler?

Elway may have thrown his fair share of INTs with his gunslinger style of play, but when the game was on the line, there was no one more clutch than he was. he never got down on himself, ragged on his teammates, or moped on the field showing body language that basically says, we've lost this game. when Elway was on the field, not one person in the stadium on the field or watching at home, ever thought the game was over until the clock read 0:00.

Jay on his best day is not even in the same class as John. John is legendary for his 90+ yard drives that not only took the ball the length of the field but also got 7 on the scoreboard. Jay can't say that.

if anything, Orton has shown himself to be a closer comparison to Elway than Jay has this season.

you call others dumbasses for disagreeing about how great you belive Jay is, and then compare him to Elway. sorry dude, but you're the dumbass.

azbroncfan
10-19-2009, 01:36 AM
are you high comparing one of the greatest players to ever play the game to Cutler?

Elway may have thrown his fair share of INTs with his gunslinger style of play, but when the game was on the line, there was no one more clutch than he was. he never got down on himself, ragged on his teammates, or moped on the field showing body language that basically says, we've lost this game. when Elway was on the field, not one person in the stadium on the field or watching at home, ever thought the game was over until the clock read 0:00.

Jay on his best day is not even in the same class as John. John is legendary for his 90+ yard drives that not only took the ball the length of the field but also got 7 on the scoreboard. Jay can't say that.

if anything, Orton has shown himself to be a closer comparison to Elway than Jay has this season.

you call others dumbasses for disagreeing about how great you belive Jay is, and then compare him to Elway. sorry dude, but you're the dumbass.

Yep 100 percent correct. Broncobuffisuckjayoff is a product of fantasy football stat spitting generation. He sounds like bob spewing out garbage stats in Cutler led team losses.

DrFate
10-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Is therapy covered by the Omane HMO? Some people who simply can't move past Cutler (like the original poster) could use the help...

Man-Goblin
10-19-2009, 07:27 AM
It is all the first three. He still leads the league in redzone turnovers and is still an ass at press conferences. The former is the receivers/playcalling/offensive line's fault. Jay can do no wrong.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lolcultersmacked.gif

barryr
10-19-2009, 07:28 AM
It was Cutler fans who told us that Orton would be throwing a ton of picks all season long. I doubt they believed he would have a ton more than Orton at this time of the season.

TonyR
10-19-2009, 07:51 AM
That is pretty awful...
That's horrid...

You're all over the place again, Buff. Is he awful and horrid or is he an excellent, franchise QB? Can't really be both, right? Is your scheme to plant enough opinions on both sides of the fence so you can claim you were never wrong?

broncofan7
10-19-2009, 08:00 AM
I was a huge Cutler supporter--but to be frank--his TWO Int's coupled with Forte's fumble are mistakes that you cannot make while playing an upper echelon team on the road--I hope Chi-town loses the rest of their games for the benefit of our 1st rounder---CHI @ Cincy next week--the 'natti may very well have a lil' sumthin'sumthin' for him---I sure hope so.

broncofan7
10-19-2009, 08:04 AM
It was Cutler fans who told us that Orton would be throwing a ton of picks all season long. I doubt they believed he would have a ton more than Orton at this time of the season.

No it wasn't--IT WAS ORTON'S PRESEASON PERFORMANCE that was telling us that.

rbackfactory80
10-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Its been said before but he has a great arm and needs to grow up.

Cito Pelon
10-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Jay is a good QB, but lackadaisical. It seems like he just doesn't give a damn if he throws an INT.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-19-2009, 08:13 AM
No it wasn't--IT WAS ORTON'S PRESEASON PERFORMANCE that was telling us that.

And what did you learn from opening your mouth too early? Nothing?

Carry on.

Rohirrim
10-19-2009, 08:19 AM

No ****. This argument has crossed the line into the absurd when anybody starts putting this petulant little twit in the same class as Elway.

broncofan7
10-19-2009, 08:29 AM
And what did you learn from opening your mouth too early? Nothing?

Carry on.

This falls in line with most of your other posts--it makes little to no sense.

fontaine
10-19-2009, 08:46 AM
I used to think Cutler was great . . . when he was a Bronco.

Now, with him being a Bear, I really don't see how Bronco fans pro or anti Cutler really have such a huge fetish for him.

Seriously, what's the big freakin' deal? Who cares how he's doing apart from hoping the Bears have an awful season so we get a higher pick?

mwill07
10-19-2009, 08:47 AM

Career stat comparison:

good post. Let's throw in a couple more stats from the same time-frame so we can make a better comparison:
player b: two playoff wins, Nov/Dec record of 17-9
player a: zero playoff appearances, Nov/Dec record of 10-13

To add a little color to this, here are player b's stats from the end of his third season - when his team was in a playoff hunt:
att comp comp% yd td int rating
24 36 66.70% 237 3 1 101.3
20 28 71.40% 183 2 0 112.6
22 40 55.00% 214 3 1 84.8
27 40 67.50% 257 4 0 118.4
29 43 67.40% 366 3 2 97.6
19 31 61.30% 250 3 1 105.6
29 44 65.90% 321 2 1 93.1
24 36 66.70% 291 3 1 107.5

That, my friends, is how you close out a season, secure a playoff berth, and head into the playoffs with a little momentum.

Rohirrim
10-19-2009, 08:50 AM
I used to think Cutler was great . . . when he was a Bronco.

Now, with him being a Bear, I really don't see how Bronco fans pro or anti Cutler really have such a huge fetish for him.

Seriously, what's the big freakin' deal? Who cares how he's doing apart from hoping the Bears have an awful season so we get a higher pick?

Simple. By his actions, he said this town, and this team, weren't good enough for him and he would rather play somewhere else. Don't you get the pathos? We have been spurned! Rise up in holy indignation and strike back!

That's my take. :pimp:

Mountain Bronco
10-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Do yourself a favor and just stop. It will make a world of difference. I know Cutler is your favorite player but he isn't that good.

Yeah, Buff, watch the replay of the real last drive and you will see he missed a wide open TD to Olsen. What happened?

Mountain Bronco
10-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Wins are what matters folks. That is the difference between Cutler and Favre, WINS. You can play the game for stats or WINS, I will take WINS every day.

fontaine
10-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Simple. By his actions, he said this town, and this team, weren't good enough for him and he would rather play somewhere else. Don't you get the pathos? We have been spurned! Rise up in holy indignation and strike back!

That's my take. :pimp:

Pretty much true though. The people who told everyone to get over it, still aren't themselves apparently because they're tracking the guy and making sure we get every single update from his moods in the press conference, his facial reactions on the sidelines to his in depth stats in the red zone.

Looks like Jay still has a huge following here.

baja
10-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Come on it isn't his fault he can't win. His RB fumbled, his OL got penalties, WR/TE's dropped balls his INT's don't count since they were in the first half. LEAVE JAY ALONE nothing is his fault.

And jay will be happy to call a news conference and explain which team members have failed him.

baja
10-19-2009, 10:19 AM
That is pretty awful ... what did Michaels say tonight, he has "twice as many red zone ints" as any other QB the last 2 years?

That's horrid ... if he could cut down on that, he'd obviously win a lot more games.

Ya he needs to be more of a game manager no doubt.

errand
10-19-2009, 12:16 PM

...and yet you and you're cronies discounted Kyle Orton leading us on not one...but two 90 yard drives to win a game.

errand
10-19-2009, 12:19 PM

so why don't you tell all of us what exactly in your mind makes a "franchise" QB?

Why don't you come out and state the criteria you believe makes a QB a franchise QB.

errand
10-19-2009, 12:22 PM
He sure can zip it right in there.

...you're right. Jay definitely throws the prettiest looking INT's I've ever seen.ROFL!

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:30 PM
so why don't you tell all of us what exactly in your mind makes a "franchise" QB?

Why don't you come out and state the criteria you believe makes a QB a franchise QB.
Here's a good rule of thumb: If several teams vie to trade their own starting quarterback plus TWO first-round picks for another quarterback, then that guy is kind of by definition a franchise quarterback.

But that begs the question, why (aside from the rabid Jay-hating), are we even concerned with the "definition" of an amorphous term like franchise quarterback.

you and you're cronies discounted Kyle Orton leading us on not one...but two 90 yard drives to win a game.That never happened. You made it up ... a sure sign of desperation.

You guys are too easy ... can't you just see that you're over the edge with Jay hate?

errand
10-19-2009, 12:32 PM
:spit:

Yea, I mean... when you're "slinging" the 2nd most interceptions in the league, I suppose you get a lot of comeback opportunities.

I'm just trying to keep this straight, Chris. So, a QB is good as long as he can tie a game at some stage, regardless of any other factors... including him being the primary reason they were down?

...and yet amazingly on here a QB isn't considered good if he leads the team to a win.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:34 PM
...and yet amazingly on here a QB isn't considered good if he leads the team to a win.

Nobody ever said that here, not me anyway.

The last sign of a desperate, losing argument is mis-quoting your opponent to try to save face.

Nice debating you errand, better luck next time.

errand
10-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I can't say that having a TD-INT ratio like Favre's is anything to be particularly proud of. Favre has prospered IN SPITE of his interception problem. Cutler hasn't really prospered at all.

Brett Favre reminds me of Don Sutton...Sutton never won 20 games (well, maybe just one time) But he won over 300 games by being good enough to play for nearly 2 decades.

errand
10-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Nobody ever said that here, not me anyway.

The last sign of a desperate, losing argument is mis-quoting your opponent to try to save face.

Nice debating you errand, better luck next time.

Nobody? Nobody ever said that?

misquoting an opponent? You need to go back and read what has been posted by the likes of your cronies clown. Kyle Orton is 26-12 as NFL starter...has helped lead a team to division title, is 5-0 as Broncos starter, has a QB rating over 90, has for his career tossed 27 TD's vs. only 2 INT's in redzone....and what's his thanks when you morons post on here?

Nothing but how much better this team would be if he wasn't here......

You are another one legged man that came to an ass-kicking contest.

azbroncfan
10-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Here's a good rule of thumb: If several teams vie to trade their own starting quarterback plus TWO first-round picks for another quarterback, then that guy is kind of by definition a franchise quarterback.

But that begs the question, why (aside from the rabid Jay-hating), are we even concerned with the "definition" of an amorphous term like franchise quarterback.

That never happened. You made it up ... a sure sign of desperation.

You guys are too easy ... can't you just see that you're over the edge with Jay hate?

Yep so all the draft picks and players traded up for bust first rounders means teams drafted FRANCHISE QB's just because they traded picks for them?

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Nobody? Nobody ever said that?

misquoting an opponent? You need to go back and read what has been posted by the likes of your cronies clown. Kyle Orton is 26-12 as NFL starter...has helped lead a team to division title, is 5-0 as Broncos starter, has a QB rating over 90, has for his career tossed 27 TD's vs. only 2 INT's in redzone....and what's his thanks when you morons post on here?
Well, I didn't say anything bad about Orton - not since preseason anyway. I'll take your word others have, and if they have questioned Orton's play, they're not too bright in the football area.

You are another one legged man that came to an ass-kicking contest.You must be kidding! Try to understand that the Jay-bashing in here is almost 100% exclusive to THIS SITE.

The real world thinks both sides won in the trade, so far at least. And since they gave us Orton PLUS two 1st rounders - and the consensus is the trade is even - what does that tell you? It tells me that the Jay-bashing in her is, in fact, quite the aberration. Like I said, only on this little Orange island of delusion does Jay suck. You must see that ... please tell me you see that this site's opinions on Jay are an aberration.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Yep so all the draft picks and players traded up for bust first rounders means teams drafted FRANCHISE QB's just because they traded picks for them?
I don't understand the bolded part ... but yes.

The Jets, Lions, Bucs, Redskins, Vikings and Bears scrambled to put packages together to get him (though the Vikes pulled out) ... these were gaudy packages including their own starters plus multiple first rounders. The Jets were reportedly near-rabid in their pursuit.

The point is, none of us here - NONE of us - are smarter that these professionals. So I'm gonna trust they're on to something.

And besides - again - there is no real definition of "franchise quarterback," but to the extent there is a definition, the professionals have spoken. Jay is in fact a franchise quarterback. And I hope you can acknowledge that this little website is the only place there seems to be disagreement on that point ???

If you can't acknowledge these simple truths, I can't help you. I'm outta here, I'm just too excited about tonight to beat these obvious points to death any longer :wave:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Well, I didn't say anything bad about Orton - not since preseason anyway. I'll take your word others have, and if they have questioned Orton's play, they're not too bright in the football area.

You must be kidding! Try to understand that the Jay-bashing in here is almost 100% exclusive to THIS SITE.

The real world thinks both sides won in the trade, so far at least. And since they gave us Orton PLUS two 1st rounders - and the consensus is the trade is even - what does that tell you? It tells me that the Jay-bashing in her is, in fact, quite the aberration. Like I said, only on this little Orange island of delusion does Jay suck. You must see that ... please tell me you see that this site's opinions on Jay are an aberration.

Now wait a minute... Aren't you discounting the preseason temperature here, where half the board was anti-McDaniels?

The "real world" I saw at the Broncos/Bears game saw a LOT more anti-Cutler sentiment than pro-Cutler. I only saw two people with anti-McDaniels propaganda (two guys walking up the ramp together wearing "FIRE MCDANIELS" tee shirts).

That's as real as it gets.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Now wait a minute... Aren't you discounting the preseason temperature here, where half the board was anti-McDaniels?

The "real world" I saw at the Broncos/Bears game saw a LOT more anti-Cutler sentiment than pro-Cutler. I only saw two people with anti-McDaniels propaganda (two guys walking up the ramp together wearing "FIRE MCDANIELS" tee shirts).

That's as real as it gets.

I'm not sure where you're going here, but I was definitely anti-Orton in preseason, I can't see how anybody could have supported his play in preseason. I'll eat crow on that.

I've always been pro-McDaniels as a coach, but was furious about his Jay-handling. Guess I might have to eat some crow there too, but I'm not ready just yet. Give it 4 or 5 more weeks before you serve that up.

OBF1
10-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Cutler hasn't won a lot of games, but there's another way of looking at that: It was pretty amazing he overcame the worst defense in the league to lead us to 8-8.

Buff, wipe off your chin, you have some Jay juice dripping

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Buff, wipe off your chin, you have some Jay juice dripping

LOL ... maybe, but that is a reasonable conclusion. No running backs and the worst defense in the league, and yet we finish 8-8? Jay has to get some credit for that ...

And his 4th quarter comeback at Cleveland was a truly historic performance, and beating Matt Ryan in the Georgia Dome was a real accomplishment. Cutler won that razor-close game, he deserves mad credit for that with our defense. Last night was razor close finish too, but this time he lost.

And he gets mad credit for all this ... everywhere but on this site :~ohyah!:

azbroncfan
10-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't understand the bolded part ... but yes.

The Jets, Lions, Bucs, Redskins, Vikings and Bears scrambled to put packages together to get him (though the Vikes pulled out) ... these were gaudy packages including their own starters plus multiple first rounders. The Jets were reportedly near-rabid in their pursuit.

The point is, none of us here - NONE of us - are smarter that these professionals. So I'm gonna trust they're on to something.

And besides - again - there is no real definition of "franchise quarterback," but to the extent there is a definition, the professionals have spoken. Jay is in fact a franchise quarterback. And I hope you can acknowledge that this little website is the only place there seems to be disagreement on that point ???

If you can't acknowledge these simple truths, I can't help you. I'm outta here, I'm just too excited about tonight to beat these obvious points to death any longer :wave:

You were saying that if players and picks were traded for a QB it meant he was a franchise QB which isn't true. Maybe franchise QB potential but doesn't automatically mean they are one. Potential such as Jay's means you haven't done it yet now back to your knees and defend him.

TonyR
10-19-2009, 01:19 PM
And he gets mad credit for all this ...

And he deserves that credit. But he also deserves the blame for the games he was intrumental in losing. You cannot afford to have your starting QB play poorly several times a season, or play inconsistently, or turn the ball over too much. Jay Cutler is guilty of all of these things. Until he isn't he won't be a top shelf QB, particularly with his personality shortcomings.

BroncoMan4ever
10-19-2009, 01:46 PM
...and yet you and you're cronies discounted Kyle Orton leading us on not one...but two 90 yard drives to win a game.

exactly. how does Cutler get his knob polished by so many here for leading a long drive that yielded nothing, while Orton led not 1 but 2 90+ yard drives that not only put 2 TDs on the board but sent us to overtime where he had another good drive to get us into field goal range to win the game and gets written off in favor of Cutler's long drive that did nothing in a loss.

BroncoMan4ever
10-19-2009, 01:49 PM
LOL ... maybe, but that is a reasonable conclusion. No running backs and the worst defense in the league, and yet we finish 8-8? Jay has to get some credit for that ...

And his 4th quarter comeback at Cleveland was a truly historic performance, and beating Matt Ryan in the Georgia Dome was a real accomplishment. Cutler won that razor-close game, he deserves mad credit for that with our defense. Last night was razor close finish too, but this time he lost.

And he gets mad credit for all this ... everywhere but on this site :~ohyah!:

do you not remember that game?

we won 24-20, and Hillis had 2 scores in one of the only games our defense actually showed up. it was a game where we had a legit rushing threat and Jay wasn't asked to win it for us. he didn't beat Ryan in the Georgia Dome, the team did.

and before you mention the Jets game as a big victory for him last season, remember that was the game where Hillis had his way with the Jets D and had 2 more TDs

Kaylore
10-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Cutler stopped progressing sometime last year. His off the field behavior aside, he just seemed to hit a ceiling. He's incredibly accurate, athletic and his arm is very strong. This means you can use him in a variety of ways and he's incredibly difficult to defend.

Unfortunately his attitude is a big problem. He's arrogant and he'll go off script and let his emotions rule him. He gets lazy with his feet and he doesn't face adversity well. I don't see him changing any of that anytime soon. I still believe that in his mind he's "there" and he doesn't need to push himself to improve. He considers the media stupid and annoying and is disrespectful to them especially after loses. He doesn't want to take responsibility and blows everything off. I think he learned his on-podium demeanor from Plummer who was similarly confrontational and stand-offish at press conferences.

Bottom line is he thinks he's better than he is and until he grows up, right now is a good as he'll ever get.

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 02:05 PM
exactly. how does Cutler get his knob polished by so many here for leading a long drive that yielded nothing, while Orton led not 1 but 2 90+ yard drives that not only put 2 TDs on the board but sent us to overtime where he had another good drive to get us into field goal range to win the game and gets written off in favor of Cutler's long drive that did nothing in a loss.

'cause Orton just ain't purdy like Jay.:spit:

Pontius Pirate
10-19-2009, 03:01 PM
He's actually tied for 3rd most INT's with Carson Palmer. But yeah, the guys ahead of him all suck.

Karenin
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM

And yet, you spent the entire offseason and preseason guzzling Simms' cum, calling McD an idiot for not starting him, calling Bowlen an idiot for hiring McD... And now you're saying to trust them because they're smarter than us (something I've said since the very beginning ftr)? Dude, go away, you lost.

NUB
10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Clearly the best way to prove one's point that others are slobbing Jay's nob is to start a bunch of topics about Jay.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-19-2009, 03:25 PM
do you not remember that game?

we won 24-20, and Hillis had 2 scores in one of the only games our defense actually showed up. it was a game where we had a legit rushing threat and Jay wasn't asked to win it for us. he didn't beat Ryan in the Georgia Dome, the team did.

and before you mention the Jets game as a big victory for him last season, remember that was the game where Hillis had his way with the Jets D and had 2 more TDs

I was there. I agree. Cutler's only contribution to that game was to not make a killer mistake at the end.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-19-2009, 03:36 PM
cutler is happy wappy the broncos are happy wappy so why are we still harpin on old news

Paladin
10-19-2009, 04:01 PM
My last post on this subject: I hate like h3ll to say it, but that freaking bunghole Phyllis is closer to being a Francise QB than Quitler is. Has been for a while. Quitler will not get there real soon, IMO.

errand
10-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Worked for John.

Dumass.

Yeah, it did...however other than Cutler, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone else who believes that Jay is as good as John.

I think we all can agree that John Elway was the exception than the rule. But having said that John was all about winning games...not flashy stats.

so you basically gave our argument credence that stats don't matter as much as winning does.......

errand
10-19-2009, 05:02 PM

...and we'd have probably won that extra game we needed last year to make playoffs, which means Mike would still be our coach, and Jay would still be a Bronco...and McDaniels and Orton would be languishing elsewhere.

Why you're still in Jay's corner is beyond me.

errand
10-19-2009, 05:05 PM
, but when the game was on the line, there was no one more clutch than he was. he never got down on himself, ragged on his teammates, or moped on the field showing body language that basically says, we've lost this game. .

Actually there was the one moment when Matt Millen had to grab him and tell John to keep his chin up during SB XXIV when the SF 49ers made the Broncos lick a cat's ass 55-10

baja
10-19-2009, 05:07 PM
...and we'd have probably won that extra game we needed last year to make playoffs, which means Mike would still be our coach, and Jay would still be a Bronco...and McDaniels and Orton would be languishing elsewhere.

Why you're still in Jay's corner is beyond me.

That's why Jay Cutler is a coach killer

Watch and see what happens to Lovie at the end of the season!

steeledude
10-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Holy ****! Did you, of all people, just say that? Here is the famous quote of a maner telling those that predicted a 4 and 12 record to shove it. Here is your response..

You have other beauts that I will post here too so everyone that missed your absence (just like other haters), can see what type of "FAN" you really are. When someone wants to be correct over his team being successful, no one should have the time to give a rat's a$$ what you think or feel. You are the biggest disgrace on this board. That is saying a lot too.

I have no issue with anything I said. I predicted 2-14 also, and guess what? I was wrong! I give the players a chance, just not the douchebag coach. By the way, I'm a Broncos fan, not a Patriots fan. And this team isn't the team that lived on mile high magic. This is Patriots part deux.

Of course I could give a **** about how you feel about me, but I always appreciate the constructive criticism. You are a brilliant poster, so I take your evaluation seriously.

steeledude
10-19-2009, 05:28 PM
here is another from Steeledud

Oh, instead of living on an admitted mistake on my part could you post how I admitted that was a knee jerk reaction. And how I even recanted it? No? Okay. I'll just laugh every time you bring that up. I'm so glad I'm such a focal point of your life, but you do know I'm a guy, right? If I catch you peeping in my window I'm going to be pissed you stalker. But other than that, keep it up.

steeledude
10-19-2009, 05:30 PM
I hope you switched up your team to root for and are a bear fan now.

I'm rooting for both. They're in different divisions. If I have to pick in the Superbowl (yeah right to both these teams) then I'd pick Denver.

As for the draft pick? I don't care. Our draft pick's position doesn't matter, I'm more pissed that McD traded away our extra one. That one is a bigger offense to the team, in my humble opinion.

steeledude
10-19-2009, 05:34 PM
He gets lazy with his feet and he doesn't face adversity well.

Really? What about, from recent memory, coming into Denver and being booed louder than anyone I've ever heard, and coming out clutch? Cutler has nerves of steel in the fourth quarter--showed us twice last night. 3-25? 24 yard pass. Probably should have converted that fourth down too, but those are the breaks on some nights.

Cutler plays best when everyone is against him. He plays worst when he is a hero.

Popps
10-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Cutler has nerves of steel in the fourth quarter--showed us twice last night. .

:rofl:

And remember, as long as Jay makes a few "cannon-armed" throws in the 4th quarter, it makes the rest of his bull**** somehow O.K...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgpoQKav4qY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dgpoQKav4qY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Note his signature back-foot delivery, only this time he chose to fall backwards as he released the ball. Hey, when you have a "rocket arm" like he does, you can get away with anything!

Drek
10-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Really? What about, from recent memory, coming into Denver and being booed louder than anyone I've ever heard, and coming out clutch? Cutler has nerves of steel in the fourth quarter--showed us twice last night. 3-25? 24 yard pass. Probably should have converted that fourth down too, but those are the breaks on some nights.

Cutler plays best when everyone is against him. He plays worst when he is a hero.

So your examples are a preseason win and a promising drive that didn't end in six, with the game ultimately being a loss?

He sure did come up big for us when we had a three game lead in week 14 last year. One win in three games and we'd have won the division. How many wins did Cutler deliver? Came up real big in our four home losses too. Going 4-4 at home is a great way to make sure you miss the playoffs.

baja
10-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Rivers jawin on the sideline

Rivers going down tonight

steeledude
10-19-2009, 05:55 PM
So your examples are a preseason win and a promising drive that didn't end in six, with the game ultimately being a loss?

He sure did come up big for us when we had a three game lead in week 14 last year. One win in three games and we'd have won the division. How many wins did Cutler deliver? Came up real big in our four home losses too. Going 4-4 at home is a great way to make sure you miss the playoffs.

Those are just two examples. We were heavily favored to lose against San Diego in our first game against them last year, and Cutler rose to that challenge as well. There are numerous times when he's gotten his team going. He can't throw picks, sure, but he'll grow out of that.

Ever find it interesting that rookie wide receivers seem to "break out" when Cutler is throwing at them too? Marshall wasn't mentioned until Jay took over their rookie year. Royal showed up as a rookie phenom and has since disappeared without Jay (I hope he comes back though, I like Eddie a lot). And now they have a new late rounder blossoming in Chicago in his rookie year, plus other receivers who looked like scrubs last year turning into legitimate threats.

As much as you guys hate Jay leaving, you can't change the fact he shows huge flashes of something special. Something Orton will never do. I'd take Jay back and throw Orton to the curb any day of the week.

listopencil
10-19-2009, 05:57 PM
I was almost tempted to start a thread on this but I'll just put it in here. Cutler led his team down the field, looking like a hero with brilliant pass after pass. Then they got into the Red Zone and BOOM, another trademark costly interception by boy blunder. Freaking classic Cutler. I had to laugh since he's doing it to somebody else's team now. Great game.

baja
10-19-2009, 05:57 PM

Didn't you get the memo regular season games are not important according to jlame or what ever his name is.

Drek
10-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Those are just two examples. We were heavily favored to lose against San Diego in our first game against them last year, and Cutler rose to that challenge as well. There are numerous times when he's gotten his team going. He can't throw picks, sure, but he'll grow out of that.
Early season wins are not clutch. Early season wins are showing up and doing your job.

Winning in the final half, more accurately the final four games of the season, when battling for a playoff spot? That is clutch. Pulling out big games to lock up playoff births? That is clutch. Cutler has never done any of that. He's a first half of the season QB at this point. That is not a franchise player.

Ever find it interesting that rookie wide receivers seem to "break out" when Cutler is throwing at them too? Marshall wasn't mentioned until Jay took over their rookie year. Royal showed up as a rookie phenom and has since disappeared without Jay (I hope he comes back though, I like Eddie a lot). And now they have a new late rounder blossoming in Chicago in his rookie year, plus other receivers who looked like scrubs last year turning into legitimate threats.
Those rookies don't get the collar for all the picks Cutler throws, so yeah, they benefit from some big bombs by him. He does deliver a big play or two a game, unfortunately he just as often turns it over to give a big play to the opposition as well.

As much as you guys hate Jay leaving, you can't change the fact he shows huge flashes of something special. Something Orton will never do. I'd take Jay back and throw Orton to the curb any day of the week.

I don't hate Jay leaving. In fact, for what we got I love it. I just find the constant worship on a Broncos board of a player who 1. never did **** for this franchise and 2. bitched his way out because he felt more entitled than the rest of his teammates pretty lame.

I said on this board before Shanahan was fired and well before Cutler was traded that Cutler was not a franchise QB, not even a top 10 QB. That his pro-bowl appearance was a joke. That I would take Matt Ryan over him any day of the week. Since then I find myself being proven right a whole lot more often than wrong.

Doggcow
10-19-2009, 06:23 PM
whoopsie

Circle Orange
10-19-2009, 07:36 PM
well, it's always fun checking out the bears post game...one of the commentators (ex bears qb) gushes about Cutler no matter what he does. If he throws picks, it's because he does it with 'talent.' If Cutler doesn't come through in the clutch, it's because 'the magic ran out.' He'll mildly scold and say Jay has 'things to work on.'

Well after seeing his press conference where he lifted his arms, wiped his nose repeatedly on his forearm, and yanked his hat down I've come to this conclusion.

Dude has the manners of a goat.

errand
10-20-2009, 06:52 AM
By the way, I'm a Broncos fan, not a Patriots fan. And this team isn't the team that lived on mile high magic. This is Patriots part deux.

Mile High Magic? Our most successful coaches came from other teams, you do realize that don't you?

Red Miller was a former OC for New England prior to becoming our head coach. It was NE Patriots part deux then....went to Super bowl.

Dan Reeves was OC for Dallas Cowboys prior to becoming our head coach, it was Dallas Cowboys North...went to three Super bowls

Mike Shanahan was OC for SF 49ers prior to becoming our head coach....it was San Francisco 49ers West...won two Super bowls

Josh McDaniels was OC of New England prior to becoming our head coach...and as you say it's NE Patriots part deux again...and we're 6-0 with a 3.5 game lead on our closest divisional rival.

So not only have all of these guys come from other teams, installing the systems they learned at their prior coordinator jobs...but were pretty successful as Broncos head coaches as well.

I'll take their copycat systems and the success that ultimately followed it over what ever in the hell you're espousing