PDA

View Full Version : Hate. Boston. Sports Fans.

RhymesayersDU
10-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Nowhere to be found last weekend, with Pats and BoSox losing.

Now out en masse telling everybody how WICKED AWESOME the Pats are for beating up on a team that hasn't won a game yet.

Go back to your CHOWDAH you freakin' morons.

lex
10-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Lay off the espn.

RhymesayersDU
10-18-2009, 04:45 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/KenyonMartin/Ba-Zing.jpg

bombquixote
10-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Meh, they're like all other fans. Just with worse accents.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Meh, they're like all other fans. Just with worse accents.

I actually have some appreciation for them. They stuck by the Red Sox for years and years despite pure and utter futility. Ditto the Patriots. Then both teams came through for them bigtime. I can respect that, especially given the fact that Bronco fans did the same thing and were similarly rewarded.

Raider and Yankee fans... that's who I hate.

Baba Booey
10-18-2009, 10:23 PM
I go to UNH. It blows during Pats/Sox/Bruins/Celtics season.

Wait, isn't that all the time? Yeah. I hate em.

Houshyamama
10-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I actually have some appreciation for them. They stuck by the Red Sox for years and years despite pure and utter futility. Ditto the Patriots. Then both teams came through for them bigtime. I can respect that, especially given the fact that Bronco fans did the same thing and were similarly rewarded.

I don't know about you, but I didn't know many Patriot fans pre-Belichick. They came outta nowhere

bombquixote
10-19-2009, 12:00 AM
I don't know about you, but I didn't know many Patriot fans pre-Belichick. They came outta nowhere

There were probably a few in Boston.

lex
10-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Theyre called massholes for a reason. My g/f is from there and she absolutely hates interacting with them when we go back to Boston. She's disowned the Pats.

A lot of Boston people live and visit Chicago. If I ever go out with a Broncos hat on, say, and someone makes a remark about it, its safe money that its a Pats fan. At least it was that way until Denver traded Cutler to the Bears. Ive had a couple of comments from Bears fans but even thats small potatoes compared to Pats fans. The masshole culture + losing to the Broncos so much over the years = a lot of comments. One guy walked into White Hen one night and was talking trash under his breath though as he walked past me. I could barely hear him. So I made fun of him for being timid. I was like, "if youre going to talk trash dont mumble it and then go hide around the corner."

azbroncfan
10-19-2009, 01:23 AM

Same with STEELER fans. There aren't many pirates and penguins fans around but for some reason there are a ton of steeler fans that haven't even been to within a 1000 miles of the city of pittsburgh around.

Archer81
10-19-2009, 01:27 AM
Same with STEELER fans. There aren't many pirates and penguins fans around but for some reason there are a ton of steeler fans that haven't even been to within a 1000 miles of the city of pittsburgh around.

+1

And oddly enough, Penguin fans seem to appear after the Steelers 1. dont make the playoffs or 2. Get bounced out of the playoffs. Suddenly everybody is in a Crosby jersey...strange phenomenon.

:Broncos:

USAFBronco
10-19-2009, 06:53 AM
I go to UNH. It blows during Pats/Sox/Bruins/Celtics season.

Wait, isn't that all the time? Yeah. I hate em.

Woo! NH!

Being up here sucks in regards to sports, it's almost like they have too many decent teams to cherry pick who to cheer for. For that strecth where the Celts were bad, you could get lower level(floor) tickets at face value a week or two before games.

It's the same with the pats, as soon as they lose, "o we're a baseball/hockey/basketball town. Hell I heard someone after the Sox were done say "it doesn't matter we're a football town."

Man-Goblin
10-19-2009, 07:08 AM
You should buy one of theses...

http://www.hatersports.com/site/images/hate-boston-white-1.jpg

Man-Goblin
10-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Or better yet...

http://www.hatersports.com/site/images/brady-pee-1a.jpg

Beantown Bronco
10-19-2009, 07:15 AM
The Red Sox have the only true, widespread die-hard fan base. This is not an opinion; it's fact. None of the informed local fans I know would ever dispute this with a straight face.

When the Celtics and Bruins sucked, it was easy to get tix and the Garden would be relatively empty. Same for the Pats. Before Parcells came to town, it was easy to get tix to what was the smallest venue in all of the NFL. It was a joke. No wait list for season tickets....nothing.