PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy GM: Trade Deadline Moves you'd Love

Doggcow
10-18-2009, 03:47 PM
I'd like any/all of these guys!

Josh Cribbs (KR/WR, CLE) - THIS KID IS GOOD! If we had him on ST, our team would be elite in all 3 phases of the game (once offense gels a little more).

Keith Bullock (LB, TEN) - We could probably get him since Tennessee absolutely blows and is rebuilding.

Yeramiah (SP?) Bell (S, MIA)- Would reinforce our secondary, I don't think Miami would let him go though.

Justin Forsett (RB, SEA) - He's hardly used in Seattle, I think he could be had for a mid round pick, he has some great burst.

RunSilentRunDeep
10-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Josh Cribbs - fine, what would you give up? Who do you cut?

Keith Bullock - he's a 4-3 backer, where would he play? Who would you sit?

Yeramiah Bell - Again, where's the need?

Justin Forsett - I think Buckhalter and Moreno have the burst thing covered. You're going to give up a pick in a good draft for a No. 3 (at best) RB?

Your list kind of sucks, and that's before factoring salary issues.

tsiguy96
10-18-2009, 04:07 PM
cribbs, id give a 3rd and 5th for. we have some serious returner issues.

other than that, MAYBE a mid/late pick for glenn dorsey based on potential alone.

Broncosfreak_56
10-18-2009, 04:09 PM
2nd for Richard Seymour, and a fourth+ 2010 3rd for Cribbs. Will never happen but it would be amazing if it did.

JCMElway
10-18-2009, 04:10 PM
If we got Cribbs we could cut McKinnley

Bronco Boy
10-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't think the Browns would give Cribbs up.

Broncosfreak_56
10-18-2009, 04:12 PM

I would cut barrett. McKinley has some potential.

Doggcow
10-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Josh Cribbs - fine, what would you give up? Who do you cut?

Keith Bullock - he's a 4-3 backer, where would he play? Who would you sit?

Yeramiah Bell - Again, where's the need?

Justin Forsett - I think Buckhalter and Moreno have the burst thing covered. You're going to give up a pick in a good draft for a No. 3 (at best) RB?

1) Barrett or McKinley or Lloyd, easily worth it for a huge boost in ST

2) DJ was a 4-3 LB, Andra was a 4-3 LB, Woodyard was a 4-3 LB.... Good point, noone can make that switch, you showed me!

3) Youth, and an extra cover safety is NEVER a bad thing, Yeramiah is a great player, DEPTH is never a bad thing, just ask out RB coach last year. We don't have much, if any at S.

4) We really going to have a debate whether or not depth is a good thing to have at RB? Really?

Thanks for being a dick about it though, you got me big time :)

RunSilentRunDeep
10-18-2009, 04:40 PM

2) DJ was a 4-3 LB, Andra was a 4-3 LB, Woodyard was a 4-3 LB.... Good point, noone can make that switch, you showed me!

3) Youth, and an extra cover safety is NEVER a bad thing, Yeramiah is a great player, DEPTH is never a bad thing, just ask out RB coach last year. We don't have much, if any at S.

4) We really going to have a debate whether or not depth is a good thing to have at RB? Really?

Thanks for being a dick about it though, you got me big time :)

1) Name the compensation for the Browns

2) So where does he play? He has a big contract. What do you send to the Titans?

3) They just invested in two free agents and a 2nd- and 4th-round pick in McBath and Bruton. How many resources do you want to invest at one position? Does Bell get a new deal? What do you send to Miami? Why in the hell would the Dolphins trade a young stud?

4) Hillis can't get on the field and you want to give up draft picks for another RB? I'd rather phone one of the 35 backs we cut from last year. And what are you willing to part with? Why would the Seahawks think about parting with him?

I won't be a dick if you give the other Maners the courtesy of thinking things through before posting.

houghtam
10-18-2009, 05:33 PM

2) So where does he play? He has a big contract. What do you send to the Titans?

3) They just invested in two free agents and a 2nd- and 4th-round pick in McBath and Bruton. How many resources do you want to invest at one position? Does Bell get a new deal? What do you send to Miami? Why in the hell would the Dolphins trade a young stud?

4) Hillis can't get on the field and you want to give up draft picks for another RB? I'd rather phone one of the 35 backs we cut from last year. And what are you willing to part with? Why would the Seahawks think about parting with him?

I won't be a dick if you give the other Maners the courtesy of thinking things through before posting.

I agree with you that his list is stupid. The cap situation and roster limits are why the trading deadling isn't a Madden free for all, or even like it is in MLB.

That said, HIllis can't get on the field because he's sucking, not because of depth.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-18-2009, 05:41 PM

But then who would run kicks out from 10 yards deep in the end zone? WHO?? ? WHO FILLS THAT NEED?

I'm not sure there are any trades I'd be thrilled with. Why fix what ain't broken?

Doggcow
10-18-2009, 05:55 PM

Guess someone is having a bad day, and for some reason never learned the meaning of the word "fantasy"

I'm not going to be as decisive as you and say I'll offer them a bunch of 6th rounders for their players but no more.

However

1) I would trade our 2nd rounder and maybe a later pick too for Cribbs

2) Next year is likely to be uncapped, and like I was saying, they may be letting him go cheap since they have to rebuild.

3) I threw Yeramiah in there as part of the "Fantasy" because I like how the kid plays, I highly doubt he's acquirable but one can hope.

4) I'd much rather have forsett than any of the scrubs from last year we trotted out in the 4th quarter of the season.

GoBroncos84
10-18-2009, 06:54 PM
The rumor is that Adalius Thomas is available, was a healthy inactive. Don't know what the asking price would be, but he could be a good pick up. I like how our linebackers are playing though, and I would be weary of messing with the current team chemistry. If the Raiders wanted to give up Seymour for less than they paid for him, which I doubt, he could be a good addition as well. If the Browns would be willing to part with Shaun Rogers I would jump at it. I like the Josh Cribbs idea, but he wants a new contract. We have to pay Marshall and Doom, so I don't know if giving a special teams guy (not much of an asset on the offense) a nice new deal would be prudent.

kappys
10-18-2009, 07:02 PM
I'd like any/all of these guys!

Josh Cribbs (KR/WR, CLE) - THIS KID IS GOOD! If we had him on ST, our team would be elite in all 3 phases of the game (once offense gels a little more).

Keith Bullock (LB, TEN) - We could probably get him since Tennessee absolutely blows and is rebuilding.

Yeramiah (SP?) Bell (S, MIA)- Would reinforce our secondary, I don't think Miami would let him go though.

Justin Forsett (RB, SEA) - He's hardly used in Seattle, I think he could be had for a mid round pick, he has some great burst.

1) Yes our return game is a problem - but I'm not sure how much of it is the blocking too. It can be hard to tell from TV return angles but it doesn't seem like the guys up front are creating the seams. He'd definitely be an upgrade but at what price? Then again Cleveland does seem to have a tendency to trade away their young studs for peanuts so it would certainly be worth a phone call.

2) The problem here I think is that Bullock would be best at DJ's position. I'll grant you that he would be a bit of an upgrade here but I doubt enough to justify acquiring him. In addition given his age and the fact that DJ is under a long term contract with good terms for us I can't see making this move. He would probably be a decent OLB'er, upgrade over Haggan + Reid to be sure but the price would have to be at best a 3rd to justify it I think.

3) I can't imagine Miami trading him, pluse who would we cut?

4) We are OK on the RB front.

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I would have like to see Seymore in Denver, but not for a first.

UberBroncoMan
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't think the Browns would give Cribbs up.

The guy wants to get paid big... the last thing we need is ANOTHER guy we need to pay $ to with all the people we need to pay after this season.

gunns
10-18-2009, 07:27 PM
My "fantasy player" is Willis. I'm not saying we could ever get him, pay him, nada, just that he is my fantasy player.

I sat Cribbs in two leagues today. Sad

Killericon
10-18-2009, 07:36 PM
D'Qwell Jackson for a 4th(And Josh Barrett why not...not like we'd ever get him for that price). Use him in rotation with Davis and DJ Williams.

WABronco
10-18-2009, 08:05 PM
A mid round pick for Forsett? lol......

iforgotmypassword
10-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Merriman, 3rd/2nd conditional, he's available, would be rejuvinated and would go OFF on San Diego for the next ten years.... I agree with the cribbs talk on here.... maybe a burner at RB or WR

BroncoMan4ever
10-18-2009, 11:44 PM

if it were my choice i would cut Lloyd. Barrett has far too much raw talent and learning behind guys like Dawkins and Hill will only get him to put to good use that ability. McKinley has a lot of potential as well and is younger than Lloyd.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-18-2009, 11:49 PM
If they wanted to give cribbs away for not much, i'll listen. The rest is nothing I want a part of...there's no need.

Broncos_OTM
10-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Josh Cribbs - fine, what would you give up? Who do you cut?I would be happy with Cribbs. He could be brought in to help run the "wild Horses offense. Great 3rd down running back or Reciever and is a great returner.{/B]

Keith Bullock - he's a 4-3 backer, where would he play? Who would you sit?[B]No sign. we dont need him. At best we need depth If Ayers continues to play well hell play SOLB and start and we could Always move Haggan back to ILB or Back up Both inside and outside positions. and would probably be able to save a roster spot on say CB next year.{/B]

Yeramiah Bell - Again, where's the need?[B]I'm sorry but that is not a need and retarded considering its probably one of our strongest positions this year. with great talent in the wings.

i am of the opinion that we need another running back.

Trades aint going down