PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else sick of the Farve Blowing?

SJ Bronco
10-18-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm not one to use the word hate, if I can help it, but the announcers (deirdorf) are just praising Farve for every little thing. Even when he makes bad throws, they talk about how he got up from a big hit....and the for goodness sake, Mike Oher is owning Jared Allen but they are still hyping J.A. like he's L.T.! ok...I feel better....rant over...:peace:

BlaK-Argentina
10-18-2009, 12:46 PM
It's truly disgusting. Makes you hate Favre more than he probably deserves. I used to like him but right now, after his last year with GB the guy just needs to go away. I'm tired of seeing his wrinkled face and all the ass kissing.

baja
10-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Gotta give him his do he's playing lights out right now and he has made Minn. a power, probably the 2nd best team in football right now with N.O. being first and we are 3rd.

Bronx33
10-18-2009, 12:49 PM
somebody tweet deirdorf!!

Kid A
10-18-2009, 12:55 PM
The most annoying Favre trait is his goofy prancing and jumping around after every big play. Followed, inevitably, by the announcers lauding his childlike enthusiasm.

"He's just a kid out there who loves making plays!"

He also needs to find a jersey that isn't three sizes too big on him.

PRBronco
10-18-2009, 12:58 PM
The most annoying Favre trait is his goofy prancing and jumping around after every big play. Followed, inevitably, by the announcers lauding his childlike enthusiasm.

"He's just a kid out there who loves making plays!"

He also needs to find a jersey that isn't three sizes too big on him.

I always feel like I'm watching a remake of Garth Brooks' "Standing Outside the Fire"...like maybe this is what the retarded kid looks like after he grows up, and someone lets him play football? You can only show one guy beaming and clapping in slow motion so many times.

SJ Bronco
10-18-2009, 01:04 PM
I find myself actively rooting against him like the Ravens are the Broncos. i think the media's ass licking makes me that bitter.

Doggcow
10-18-2009, 01:06 PM
He just made an amazing play...

SJ Bronco
10-18-2009, 01:07 PM
He just made an amazing play...

thanks to man coverage courtesy of AP

Miss I.
10-18-2009, 01:08 PM
For you, though it's a bit dated, it's funny:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6ZBqT_H4Es&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6ZBqT_H4Es&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My take is though, he's doing well with Minnesota and I am sure they are happy, but I do wonder, if he goes Superbowl with the Vikings, how does this impact his Green Bay legacy...

gunns
10-18-2009, 01:12 PM
I wonder what Minnesota would be like without Peterson?

Bronx33
10-18-2009, 01:14 PM

Farve would be throwing more picks :clown:

Kid A
10-18-2009, 01:14 PM
My take is though, he's doing well with Minnesota and I am sure they are happy, but I do wonder, if he goes Superbowl with the Vikings, how does this impact his Green Bay legacy...

His legacy in Green Bay is already irreparably damaged. Just imagine John Elway leaving after a fight with the front office. People would be divided, but likely favor Elway given his record. Then imagine Elway signing with the Chiefs the next year. And beating the Broncos. And expressing zero appreciation appreciation afterward for the Denver fans who rooted him on for over a decade.

If GB fans have any pride they will boo the hell out of Favre when he comes to Lambeau. Thanks for the Super Bowl years and all that, but if he's going to show zero interest in the feelings of the Packer fans that adored him, they should have zero interest in making him feel appreciated in GB.

I'd add that a good example of how to handle this type of situation can be seen when the Avalanche couldn't resign Forsberg. Obviously he had to go somewhere else, but he made a point of not going to a rival team because he said he had too much respect for the fans and franchise that defined his career.

Miss I.
10-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Farve would be throwing more picks :clown:

+12 for truth (or something) ;D

SJ Bronco
10-18-2009, 01:21 PM
that lucky sob

ward63
10-18-2009, 01:37 PM
What i keep trying to think of is the start he had last year in NYJ and the collapse he had at the end

broncocalijohn
10-18-2009, 01:51 PM
I am just glad they beat an AFC rival. I am not only hoping for a playoff this year, but top 2 in record for home field advantage and a bye. That Ravens team is our competition. Glad the Favre could provide another loss to the Ravens.

RhymesayersDU
10-18-2009, 01:55 PM

I wonder what the 1997, 1998 Broncos would be like without Davis?

Miss I.
10-18-2009, 02:00 PM
His legacy in Green Bay is already irreparably damaged. Just imagine John Elway leaving after a fight with the front office. People would be divided, but likely favor Elway given his record. Then imagine Elway signing with the Chiefs the next year. And beating the Broncos. And expressing zero appreciation appreciation afterward for the Denver fans who rooted him on for over a decade.

If GB fans have any pride they will boo the hell out of Favre when he comes to Lambeau. Thanks for the Super Bowl years and all that, but if he's going to show zero interest in the feelings of the Packer fans that adored him, they should have zero interest in making him feel appreciated in GB.

I'd add that a good example of how to handle this type of situation can be seen when the Avalanche couldn't resign Forsberg. Obviously he had to go somewhere else, but he made a point of not going to a rival team because he said he had too much respect for the fans and franchise that defined his career.

Kind of my thought, which I guess is why when Montana went to KC, he didnt' really damage his 49er legacy as the teams were in different divisions, etc.

I think if Favre had resigned last year after the Jets (and stayed retired) he would've been okay in the eyes of GB for the most part.

Still, I guess Minnesota fans can't be entirely unhappy with snagging their formal rival. Though the guy in my office doesn't like him, he's happy his team is winning. When I asked him how, the dinosaur did it, he just showed me Adrian Peterson and said, "that's how."

It's interesting how much more controversial the moving of a QB is than any other position. I mean, KC traded away arguably one of the most definitive players for their team, Tony Gonzalez, but there's no real fire about it.

Bronco Warrior
10-18-2009, 02:07 PM
What i keep trying to think of is the start he had last year in NYJ and the collapse he had at the end

Let me see They were 8-3 and had just beat the 10-0 Titans and then they played who?"? Let me think...who was it? Who was it that sent Farve into Suckville for the year? Anybody remember? Gimmee a hint! :D

Taco John
10-18-2009, 02:18 PM

Imagine if Tommy Maddox turned out to be a stud sitting behind Elway.

Bronco Warrior
10-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Anybody remember the QB we drafted the year we got Elway in the trade? lol!

Kid A
10-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Imagine if Tommy Maddox turned out to be a stud sitting behind Elway.

Well it's kinda like Miss I mentioned about Montana. I can understand him wanting to keep playing somewhere else, it just comes down to how you handle it. Montana did some nice things in KC without every coming across as a villain to anyone. Favre just seemed to have zero understanding or sensitivity of how to handle what was a delicate situation with the former team (or maybe he just doesn't care?). It's a business and you occasionally have to make business decisions, but Favre will be remembered as a jackass for his handling of it.

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 02:36 PM
I've hated Favre and the Favre blowing as long as I can remember.

That being said, THIS YEAR, he deserves it.

Bronx33
10-18-2009, 02:38 PM

Exactly my position on the subject.

Doggcow
10-18-2009, 02:40 PM

Yep. I hated Favre until I started watching him this year, he's pretty damn good. Definitely has some left in the tank.

Bronx33
10-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Brady is going to draw some of the blowjob attention from the talking heads.

Atwater His Ass
10-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Meh, it's not Favre's fault what the media says about him. Yes it's annoying, but Favre isn't the one to blame for it. Last time I checked, he's on a 6-0 team and playing very well. It's not like he's been flaming out for the last few years, he can actually still play at a high level. Don't see how you can blame a guy for doing what he loves to do for as long as he possibly can. Not like you can play in the NFL until your 65 and retire. Live it up while you can.

Atwater His Ass
10-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Brady is going to draw some of the blowjob attention from the talking heads.

Next time Orton throws 6 td's in a game, I'd suspect the same thing.

Here's a tip: If you don't like what certain media outlets have to say, get your information else where. No one's tieing you up and making you watch media reports you cannot stand.

azbroncfan
10-18-2009, 03:43 PM

Chester Taylor would be toting the rock for 1400 yds.

azbroncfan
10-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Meh, it's not Favre's fault what the media says about him. Yes it's annoying, but Favre isn't the one to blame for it. Last time I checked, he's on a 6-0 team and playing very well. It's not like he's been flaming out for the last few years, he can actually still play at a high level. Don't see how you can blame a guy for doing what he loves to do for as long as he possibly can. Not like you can play in the NFL until your 65 and retire. Live it up while you can.

I agree. The retiring and unretiring to me is his way out of training camp which he has been proving is overrated to a good QB. He makes the same money and gets an extra month at home. Good for him and he is playing at a high level still.

SJ Bronco
10-18-2009, 05:20 PM

Here's a tip: If you don't like what certain media outlets have to say, get your information else where. No one's tieing you up and making you watch media reports you cannot stand.

Dude, it's the A-Holes calling the game, what, do i watch it on mute?

DenverBrit
10-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Farve is having a great year, so far.

Vikings 6-0? It's no surprise he's getting a lot of love.

gyldenlove
10-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Yep. I hated Favre until I started watching him this year, he's pretty damn good. Definitely has some left in the tank.

Exactly the same as last year, he had some really good games in the first 10 weeks last year, then the wheels came off and he sucked up the place the last 7 weeks.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I always kinda hated that Elway's win had to come at Favre's expense. I always liked Favre, but now I'm not so sure. How much would it suck if Elway came out of retirement to play for the ****ing Raiders? That's what Favre is doing to his fans in Green Bay, and I think it's pretty crappy.

Sodak
10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
I don't have any resentment towards Favre. He's played great, and deserves every bit of praise he gets.

When the media was "blowing" Elway nobody said ****.

Let him have his day, month, year.

Popps
10-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Favre is good for the game.

Drama, and all. Love him or hate him. The NFL is better for having him.

MO OrangeCrush
10-18-2009, 10:25 PM
One thing to take into consideration... IF Elway had wanted to come out of retirement, we would have WELCOMED him back with open arms. Favre wanted to stay in Green Bay.

Miss I.
10-18-2009, 10:51 PM
I bitch and moan about Favre as much as the next person, but having said that my issue wasn't that he wanted to play or with his ability to play, but with his need to string it out the last 4 to 5 years. Every off season was, will he retire or won't he played out to the press. And if you don't think that he and his agent Bus Crook didn't have something to do with that then you are wrong, as it was clearly a tactic to increase his value to Green Bay or another team. I don't like that, just as I didn't like Bus Crook's bull**** with Jay.

Good on Brett that he still has the ability, so does Kurt Warner and I have a lot more positive feeling for that guy (even if I don't agree with his personal beliefs, at least he doesn't do the drama queen crap that Favre and Crook do. He earned that starting job at AZ and then some). I wish Favre well, Brady too. Focus on them, that's okay, maybe then we can stop talking about Jay like the Runaway Bride that he is.

Congrats to the Vikings. Holy Crap to NE (59-0, damn dudes that's just well damn). Oak and KC wins that's interesting, frankly I hope they get better, not as good as us of course, but it's tedious being the worst division in the NFL.

Rock Chalk
10-18-2009, 11:01 PM
I have no issues with Favre. Love the guy. Have enjoyed watching him play football these last bazillion years. The retirement thing is old, sure, but like someone else said, its just his way of getting out of the grind of training camp.

Dude is playing out of his mind this year, probably the best he's played since the year he won the superbowl.

If they didn't have AP, they'd still ahve Chester Taylor and a pretty top notch O-line to run the ball and take the pressure off Favre to do it all all the time. AP is a stud, but Chester Taylor isn't chopped liver folks. The guy is pretty damn good himself.

Now, if I were a Green Bay fan, I'd hate Favre with every ounce of my being. I cannot imagine Elway leaving Denver and going to the Raiders and sticking it to us. I just cant imagine it but IF he had done that, Elway would be dead to me. Forever. Regardless of what he did for the Broncos. DEAD.

Mr.Meanie
10-18-2009, 11:03 PM
The dude is a freak... he deserves every single accolade he's getting. He's single-handedly winning them games, and for the first time in his career NOT single-handedly losing them!

I would love to see a Vikes/Saints NFCC game!

fdf
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM
KC traded away arguably one of the most definitive players for their team, Tony Gonzalez, but there's no real fire about it.

Sure. But KC was going to suck either way. Favre turned the Vikings into a very serious team.

mhgaffney
10-18-2009, 11:26 PM
There are a lot of folks out there who hated Elway -- just because he was so good - and got his share of praise and hero worship from the media.

Was that Elway's fault? No.

Is it Farve's fault? No.

If it comes down to the Vikes and NO in the NFC championship -- I will be torn -- because I like both teams -- and neither has ever won a SB.

DrFate
10-19-2009, 06:10 AM
The guy is a solid MVP candidate at 40. I don't understand the hatred.

When Coach McD jumps around and pumps his fist after last week's game, all the Denver fans think he's the greatest.

When a player shows some emotion (and he isn't in orange/blue) it's time to pile on.

Make up your mind.

Bronx33
10-19-2009, 05:53 PM

Take it easy dude just pointing out the media loves them some tommy ding ding at the drop of a hat and i will also point out the titans are flat aweful so yes tommy beat the crap out of the local highschool team.

Circle Orange
10-19-2009, 06:42 PM
The Vikings reportedly restrict the number of long throws in order to keep his arm 'fresh.' But it's weird how no one comments on the bizarre delivery, where he hurls his whole body forward just to get into it (like a baseball pitcher with a line drive)

I'm waiting for the game where he tips over and falls down after a throw from over balancing. Ha!

And isn't it convenient those 'great game winning throws' are to WIDE OPPEEEENN recievers with like, no one within ten yards? And yeah, the defenders treat him like glass and don't pursue on those 12 second bootlegs. Can't get hit with a penalty by the league for tapping the geezer!