PDA

View Full Version : Just curious...

boltaneer
10-18-2009, 01:55 AM
What would be the feeling around here if the Chargers won by 17 points and legitimately outplayed the Broncos? Would it just be because the Chargers were arguably playing for their season and had their backs to the wall? Or would there be legitimate concern that the bye week allowed the Chargers to get healthy, fix some things and look like the team everyone was expecting them to be? Or some other take?

Note: I have a hard time getting a read on either of these teams so far so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a blowout (either way) or went down to the wire.

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 02:11 AM
If the Broncos can't stop the Chargers offense then I would say it's a big cause for concern. No team matters so much as the Chargers. It would be better to have lost last week, and beat Chargers, then the other way around.

Broncos have to beat Chargers and start getting those nails ready for that coffin.

If not it's like setting the hammer down and trying to beat Ravens and Steelers to get it going again. IMO that's a tough road.

I look at it like the Broncos aren't dominant enough on offense yet to blow teams out. That mean any game could be a loss. Moreno loses a few of those drops and Broncos lose that game to pats.

I think my feeling before game is Broncos have a long ways to go, but I think this team is special as far as how hard they play.

If they win I will still probably say they have a long ways to go. Chargers have won nothing and are nothing to really gauge a team on. At least not regular season.

The teams to prove yourself against, regardless of win/loss are the team we historically lose to in playoffs recently. That's the Colts, the Ravens, The Steelers IMO.

But to win division we have to beat the Chargers. Regardless though I think Broncos still have a ways to go.

ColoradoDarin
10-18-2009, 06:04 AM
This game scares me. We could win, we could blow them out. But it's on Monday night, at San Diego and they have had our number the last few years. I just can't get a good read on the game (though I thought we'd lose a close game last week at home, what do I know anyways :) ) I'll just be rooting for the Broncos to win, and hopefully not wake up the whole house if we get a finish like we have the last couple of weeks.

KS Bronco
10-18-2009, 06:19 AM
we'd still be 5-1 and on top of the division

theAPAOps5
10-18-2009, 06:26 AM
Flip it around what if Denver outplays you in every phase of the game? What does that tell you about the Chargers and their clear decline? Coming off the bye with the backs against the wall I would expect the Chargers to come with their A game if they still get controlled in all phases would Charger nation implode and would AJ Smith AND Norvell get fired?

Paladin
10-18-2009, 06:26 AM
It was stated to McD that the Chargers felt this game was their season, That they were up against the wall, and needed this win badly.

McD said he didn't care what the Chargers or their fans were feeling, the only concern he had was being ready to execute the game plan. He is internally driven and focused, something the Chargers need to understand. Norv and the Chuggers cannot help but be anxious. The Broncos are not. Motivated, yes, but anxious, no.

It is difficult to believe that the games played by the chuggers to date were less "important" to them. Are we to believe they didn't even try to win those games? If so, why should they be much better in this game than in the last they played? Because they had a week of rest?

The SD window is really closing fast. This is likely the last year for LT, Merriman will likely move on, Norv should be trying to get an ESPN gig, and Phyllis will be compared to Fouts. Next year, replays of the glory days of the chuggers will be shown late at night on NFL, but they will be blacked out in San Diego.

To address the OP, if San Diego wins it will not be sufficient for them to claim the Division and the next game in Denver would be interesting. In short, one game in a 16 game season by itself, when a rematch is coming, is not sufficient to claim more than a simple win. Unless it is your superbowl......

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 06:33 AM
This game scares me. We could win, we could blow them out. But it's on Monday night, at San Diego and they have had our number the last few years. I just can't get a good read on the game (though I thought we'd lose a close game last week at home, what do I know anyways :) ) I'll just be rooting for the Broncos to win, and hopefully not wake up the whole house if we get a finish like we have the last couple of weeks.

every game scares me. That's what makes it so exciting. When you play a good team you worry they are better then you. WHen you play a crap team you fear the trap game.

I can't remember ever just feeling no big deal just another Bronco game.

Every game is tough it seems.

Paladin
10-18-2009, 06:35 AM
So you are fearing a trap game?

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 06:43 AM
I don't see how this could be a trap game. Chargers been kicking Broncos ass last 3 yrs so no trap game.

For Chargers to win I think they have to play really well. I also think though they are better then they have looked. It's not like they don't have a talented roster.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Honestly, if we were beaten by 17 points and outplayed throughout, I'd be worried about our coach having been outplanned by Norv. Which is fantastically terrifying.

If that happens, I'd wonder most about the letdown after playing McD's Super Bowl against the Pats last week.

I don't expect us to get beaten by 17 points though. Can't see a way that happens.

rmsanger
10-18-2009, 07:11 AM
This team is too good to lose by 17 points. Dallas and NE have 2X the offense that SD has and we held them to 17 points total. I think the only thing that could possibly get us in trouble is turnovers. If we play a clean game we will kick their butts.

Our D is flying around and shutting people down. Let's see how SD deals with the "Wild Horses".

Spider
10-18-2009, 07:58 AM
What would be the feeling around here if the Chargers won by 17 points and legitimately outplayed the Broncos? so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a blowout (either way) or went down to the wire.
our world would end ,life would have no meaning.........................you twit ......new coach , new QB ,5-0 rod smith wasnt shocked ,by 5-0 but everyone else ....But besides that , have u seen a bronco game this year ?

baja
10-18-2009, 08:02 AM
If the Broncos can't stop the Chargers offense then I would say it's a big cause for concern. No team matters so much as the Chargers. It would be better to have lost last week, and beat Chargers, then the other way around.

Broncos have to beat Chargers and start getting those nails ready for that coffin.

If not it's like setting the hammer down and trying to beat Ravens and Steelers to get it going again. IMO that's a tough road.

I look at it like the Broncos aren't dominant enough on offense yet to blow teams out. That mean any game could be a loss. Moreno loses a few of those drops and Broncos lose that game to pats.

I think my feeling before game is Broncos have a long ways to go, but I think this team is special as far as how hard they play.

If they win I will still probably say they have a long ways to go. Chargers have won nothing and are nothing to really gauge a team on. At least not regular season.

The teams to prove yourself against, regardless of win/loss are the team we historically lose to in playoffs recently. That's the Colts, the Ravens, The Steelers IMO.

But to win division we have to beat the Chargers. Regardless though I think Broncos still have a ways to go.

Good post but I would like to disagree on the point that beating the Chargers in San diego would prove nothing, I think it will define this team as a team that can win the games that it traditionally lost. What has happened in San Diego in the past was not just a loss but a humiliating beating in every phase of the game. What was it last year 52 to 10 and it wasn't even that close. I think this game will tell us more about this team than any game we have played so far this season. Only the Colts & Ravens will be as telling.

Broncoman13
10-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Not much surprises me in the NFL anymore. The Chargers offense (especially their passing attack) is extremely potent. LT should be healthy for the first time this season barring a couple carries in the opener. Jackson, Chambers, Gates, and company give Rivers a ton of options. The Chargers passing game is real and it's a concern. I don't see very many teams stopping that passing game so if we happen to give up 250-300 yards and a couple of TDs, I won't be surprised. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me to see Mike Nolan develop a scheme that takes away a lot of the Chargers success. During camp Mike Nolan and Donatell worked hard to give the secondary confidence that they would always have help over the top. Rivers wins with the deep ball. He is quietly one of the best long ball tossers in the NFL... extremely accurate and his receivers make the play for him 75% of the time. That will be the equalizer to our blitzing and it is my single biggest concern. Followed by the fact that we struggle to cover receivers in the seam which means Gates and SD's 3rd and 4th receivers as well as Hester and Sproles/LT could have some success in the passing game. Our LBs and Safeties struggle in man coverage. I think the game plan will try to force SD to settle for short stuff in front of the coverage, almost a Tampa 2 type look which should help to mitigate the coverage weaknesses of guys like Doom, Davis, Ayers, and Dawkins. All of those guys are much better off in zone coverage.

I'm also concerned about Woodyard in the nickel. He hasn't looked good all season. I'm hoping that he can have a "bounce back game" and make some plays... difference makers.

On offense, even if Merriman is back to his 2007 form I'm not too concerned. What does that say for Ryan Clady? He has shut down some of the best this season already. Odom, Ware, Seymore... no reason to think he won't have similar success against Merriman. We know that we can run the ball and that will force the Chargers to move a safety down. Weddle will likely stay back in coverage and Ellison is young and can be manipulated, so I expect a little more of the Wild Horse to see how the young safety reacts. Early running success is going to open the door for guys like Scheff and Graham in the middle of the field. We should see a good deal of screens early to slow SD down in terms of sending too much pressure. I expect the same thing from SD to Sproles/LT to do the same to our D.

This is the point in the season when the more talented teams start to stand out. The first 4 or 5 weeks can be misleading due to schemes covering up for talent deficiencies. We'll find out a lot about both teams tomorrow night. I think the Chargers are talented but lack ingenuity on both offense and defense. Norv does the same things that they've always been successful with and that has a lot to do with his slow starts. McD on the other hand may have a few weeks longer of the early success b/c there isn't much film to study and he has been pretty clever in terms of not showing tendencies. As I said after the Pats game, how do you defend a team that throws to so many different receivers. 6 receivers had at least 4 receptions. That is pretty much unheard of and if you're a defensive coordinator where do you roll your coverage. Account for BMarsh b/c he is a dangerous receiver and Eddie Royal, Jab, Stoke, Moreno/Buckhalter, Scheff/Graham... they all have single coverage and all are great playmakers.

Mike Nolan has a few more tendencies that can be studied and the talent on our defense (whether we want to admit it or not) is not as good as their current rankings suggest. They are classic overachievers. The good news, guys like Alphonso Smith, Robert Ayers, and McBath are bringing talent to the table and learning and improving each week. By week 8 these guys should really start to understand what is going on and be able to plug a lot of talent into our defensive lineups. Ayers is already showing dramatic improvement. He has been around the ball a lot more and shows signs of being another playmaker on defense.

I'll predict a close game in which the Broncos win by 2 on a last second FG from Prater.

Broncos 23
Chargers 21

Killericon
10-18-2009, 08:12 AM
I would think that Mike Nolan and McDaniels spent a ton of time prepping for the Pats game, and then weren't creative enough this week, what with the being 5-0 and all. I wouldn't feel bad at all.

gunns
10-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Any team can win on any week. If the Chargers win it still doesn't mean that the Broncos aren't good, even the better team. I agree the Chargers are playing for their lives, the Broncos playing for consistency. Yes it would be a big win for the Broncos as it would show that they can win on the road, against their biggest division rival this year, one that has owned them for the last several. It doesn't scare me though as we are bound to lose eventually and yes the Chargers have been off for a week, but they have been off with Norv. That gives me a lot of hope.

baja
10-18-2009, 08:21 AM
I agree it would not be the end of the world to lose this game. Might even be to our benefit in the grand scheme of things. But I hope we win, the Chargers are due a beat down by the Broncos something Shanny could not deliver.

Tombstone RJ
10-18-2009, 08:22 AM
What would be the feeling around here if the Chargers won by 17 points and legitimately outplayed the Broncos? Would it just be because the Chargers were arguably playing for their season and had their backs to the wall? Or would there be legitimate concern that the bye week allowed the Chargers to get healthy, fix some things and look like the team everyone was expecting them to be? Or some other take?

Note: I have a hard time getting a read on either of these teams so far so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a blowout (either way) or went down to the wire.

My feelings would be that the Chargers had a bye week to prepare, plus their backs are kinda against the wall. Also the Broncos are gonna lose at some point and time during this season...

lex
10-18-2009, 08:39 AM

Its not as much about the Chargers as it is the Broncos. If the Broncos lose like that, the focus then becomes how they bounce back. Im more concerned that the Broncos play well consistently...that they win as many winnable games as they can.

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 08:42 AM
http://somewhatmanlynerd.com/gifs/charliebasketballrejected.gif

TheDave
10-18-2009, 08:52 AM
I would feel they are 5-1 going into the bye-week...

Sorry for posting the obvious, but I'm done trying to predict the future with this team.

boltaneer
10-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Flip it around what if Denver outplays you in every phase of the game? What does that tell you about the Chargers and their clear decline? Coming off the bye with the backs against the wall I would expect the Chargers to come with their A game if they still get controlled in all phases would Charger nation implode and would AJ Smith AND Norvell get fired?

If you flip it around, I agree implosion could happen (though I don't think any firings would happen until the season is over) but that's not the question. :)

I ask this question because it seems like everyone is already writing off the Chargers. And since Denver is supposedly a legit team now, would beating them thoroughly change people's opinions about the Chargers?

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 08:58 AM
No winning a home game won't make people think Chargers have fixed all their problems.

They can win, make people think maybe the Chargers can get it back, but until they win some big road games I doubt it.

boltaneer
10-18-2009, 08:59 AM
Its not as much about the Chargers as it is the Broncos. If the Broncos lose like that, the focus then becomes how they bounce back. Im more concerned that the Broncos play well consistently...that they win as many winnable games as they can.

That's a good point.

Denver has been super consistent all season long so far. That's why I'm curious to see how they will handle a loss like that.

Broncomutt
10-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Soft, carebear football left Denver the same day Shanny did. We have a coach that cares about winning and preparation Which is something we haven't seen since Elway left.

Shanny and Cutler are gone and they took their fear of San Diego with them.

Expect a tough, smash-mouth game. You probably won't blow us out, but if you do, I know you will have truly earned it.

theAPAOps5
10-18-2009, 09:02 AM
If you flip it around, I agree implosion could happen (though I don't think any firings would happen until the season is over) but that's not the question. :)

I ask this question because it seems like everyone is already writing off the Chargers. And since Denver is supposedly a legit team now, would beating them thoroughly change people's opinions about the Chargers?

I stated in other threads that this could very well be the Broncos first loss. A team capable of scoring with their backs against the wall is not a good thing. But even if they do lose it won't be by 17. This defense just hasn't shown any indication that they could get blown out. Heck they might even let SD go up by 2 scores but in the end the game will come down to below the 3.5 point spread right now.

Just my opinion. If its a big score spread its because Denver suffered injuries not because San Diego exposed anything.

Enjoy the discussion you are one of the few Chargers fans I like discussing football with!

broncofan2438
10-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Not much surprises me in the NFL anymore. The Chargers offense (especially their passing attack) is extremely potent. LT should be healthy for the first time this season barring a couple carries in the opener. Jackson, Chambers, Gates, and company give Rivers a ton of options. The Chargers passing game is real and it's a concern. I don't see very many teams stopping that passing game so if we happen to give up 250-300 yards and a couple of TDs, I won't be surprised. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me to see Mike Nolan develop a scheme that takes away a lot of the Chargers success. During camp Mike Nolan and Donatell worked hard to give the secondary confidence that they would always have help over the top. Rivers wins with the deep ball. He is quietly one of the best long ball tossers in the NFL... extremely accurate and his receivers make the play for him 75% of the time. That will be the equalizer to our blitzing and it is my single biggest concern. Followed by the fact that we struggle to cover receivers in the seam which means Gates and SD's 3rd and 4th receivers as well as Hester and Sproles/LT could have some success in the passing game. Our LBs and Safeties struggle in man coverage. I think the game plan will try to force SD to settle for short stuff in front of the coverage, almost a Tampa 2 type look which should help to mitigate the coverage weaknesses of guys like Doom, Davis, Ayers, and Dawkins. All of those guys are much better off in zone coverage.

I'm also concerned about Woodyard in the nickel. He hasn't looked good all season. I'm hoping that he can have a "bounce back game" and make some plays... difference makers.

On offense, even if Merriman is back to his 2007 form I'm not too concerned. What does that say for Ryan Clady? He has shut down some of the best this season already. Odom, Ware, Seymore... no reason to think he won't have similar success against Merriman. We know that we can run the ball and that will force the Chargers to move a safety down. Weddle will likely stay back in coverage and Ellison is young and can be manipulated, so I expect a little more of the Wild Horse to see how the young safety reacts. Early running success is going to open the door for guys like Scheff and Graham in the middle of the field. We should see a good deal of screens early to slow SD down in terms of sending too much pressure. I expect the same thing from SD to Sproles/LT to do the same to our D.

This is the point in the season when the more talented teams start to stand out. The first 4 or 5 weeks can be misleading due to schemes covering up for talent deficiencies. We'll find out a lot about both teams tomorrow night. I think the Chargers are talented but lack ingenuity on both offense and defense. Norv does the same things that they've always been successful with and that has a lot to do with his slow starts. McD on the other hand may have a few weeks longer of the early success b/c there isn't much film to study and he has been pretty clever in terms of not showing tendencies. As I said after the Pats game, how do you defend a team that throws to so many different receivers. 6 receivers had at least 4 receptions. That is pretty much unheard of and if you're a defensive coordinator where do you roll your coverage. Account for BMarsh b/c he is a dangerous receiver and Eddie Royal, Jab, Stoke, Moreno/Buckhalter, Scheff/Graham... they all have single coverage and all are great playmakers.

Mike Nolan has a few more tendencies that can be studied and the talent on our defense (whether we want to admit it or not) is not as good as their current rankings suggest. They are classic overachievers. The good news, guys like Alphonso Smith, Robert Ayers, and McBath are bringing talent to the table and learning and improving each week. By week 8 these guys should really start to understand what is going on and be able to plug a lot of talent into our defensive lineups. Ayers is already showing dramatic improvement. He has been around the ball a lot more and shows signs of being another playmaker on defense.

I'll predict a close game in which the Broncos win by 2 on a last second FG from Prater.

Broncos 23
Chargers 21

Great, thanks for making me more nervous

boltaneer
10-18-2009, 09:07 AM
No winning a home game won't make people think Chargers have fixed all their problems.

They can win, make people think maybe the Chargers can get it back, but until they win some big road games I doubt it.

Fair enough.

But you know the media won't feel that way. They'll hop right on that bandwagon they just jumped off. ;)

gunns
10-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Fair enough.

But you know the media won't feel that way. They'll hop right on that bandwagon they just jumped off. ;)

Now THAT I don't care about. The media has been very wrong on different levels this year. I don't believe they ever got off the Chargers bandwagon and many are just touching the Broncos bandwagon, afraid to jump on. Let them fall by the wayside for all I care

broncswin
10-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Honestly, if we were beaten by 17 points and outplayed throughout, I'd be worried about our coach having been outplanned by Norv. Which is fantastically terrifying.If that happens, I'd wonder most about the letdown after playing McD's Super Bowl against the Pats last week.

I don't expect us to get beaten by 17 points though. Can't see a way that happens.

so if that is fantastically terrifying, then what in the he11 did you think of Shanny when we got blown out last year...just wondering:pimp:

I think if you were to lose by 17, then I would be a little worried, but it would depend on how we lost the game...I would say go back to the drawing boards, figure it out and go get the next opponent...we would still be 5-1:wiggle:

lex
10-18-2009, 09:39 AM
That's a good point.

Denver has been super consistent all season long so far. That's why I'm curious to see how they will handle a loss like that.

This game is 1/16th of the season. For this "the Chargers are a sleeping giant" idea you have to matter requires them to be this sleeping Giant in games besides when they play against Denver.

I agree that people are being too dismissive. The Chargers have really only had one bad loss and that was against Pittsburgh. The loss to Baltimore was a close game against a good team. But Denver has just played two games similar to that and won both. Again, it goes back to the idea that its about consistency as much as its about an having a good A game. People who have a perceived high A game but lack consistency are generally considered paper champions in sports. Aside from the fact that this is a Broncos message board, thats also why I say its about the Broncos. This game is only 1/6th of their season. Its an opportunity for them to seperate from the Chargers but even that wont matter if Denver doesnt continue to win winnable games.

400HZ
10-18-2009, 09:40 AM

I'd say that a blowout is extremely unlikely, but it's a fair question to ask based on San Diego's history in similar games. In the past they have played inspired football against some good teams when they are on prime time and their backs are against the wall. Last year they beat NYJ 48-29 on Monday night after losing their first two games. They beat New England 30-10 on Sunday night after getting pounded by Miami the week before. Oakland 34-7 on Thursday night after Atlanta stomped them. Denver 52-21 to win the division title. The combination of adversity and prime time has brought out the best in the Chargers.

What if San Diego wins in a blowout? It would be huge. It would count for a lot more than just them being 3-2 and Denver being 5-1. Denver is coming up on the toughest stretch of their schedule after their bye week, and rattling their confidence going into that stretch would be enormous. If you are the Chargers, playing catch-up, you want don't want Denver playing Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New York, Indy, etc with a confident attitude. Not with the way that Denver has been making the plays to win the game in the 4th quarter. You want at least some doubt in the back of their minds. You have to get them off the roll they are on.

400HZ
10-18-2009, 09:41 AM
This game is 1/16th of the season. For this "the Chargers are a sleeping giant" idea you have to matter requires them to be this sleeping Giant in games besides when they play against Denver.

San Diego is not a sleeping giant.

theAPAOps5
10-18-2009, 09:46 AM

Not a sleeping giant but a cornered wounded animal is a good analogy and that is what scares me about this game!

lex
10-18-2009, 10:33 AM

Whatever. The notion that was being suggested by what is bolded is what I was responding to. Im not taking the position that they are a sleeping giant.

TonyR
10-18-2009, 10:58 AM
...if the Chargers won by 17 points...

I think the only way this is possible is if we turn the ball over 3+ times.

DrFate
10-18-2009, 10:58 AM
This isn't a 'trap' game. Division game, against the only real competition in this division. This is a big game.

The doubters, including myself, will have to say 'I had the Broncos winning six out of sixteen, not six out of six'.

And it is a make/break game for the Chargers. Both sides have a lot to prove.

TonyR
10-18-2009, 11:02 AM

I don't disagree, but the funny thing about this season so far is that the Ravens and Steelers haven't been all that great overall. Both look a lot more vulnerable than most thought before the season. The Bengals beat them both.

DenverBrit
10-18-2009, 11:13 AM
The Chargers have been a 'second half' team and now the Broncos share the same tendency.

Can the Broncos stingy D hold off the Chargers 'surge'?

Even on a good day, most of us had this game down as a loss, but it looks like a close game now that we have seen the 09 Broncos.

There shouldn't be any 17 point blowout by either.

Archer81
10-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Honestly I dont think SD scores more than 17 points, but thats why they play the game...

:Broncos:

SJ Bronco
10-18-2009, 11:49 AM
http://somewhatmanlynerd.com/gifs/charliebasketballrejected.gif

ok...this made me laugh for like 10 min strait...what is this from?

SJ Bronco
10-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Why are we speculating about losing badly to a bad team? If it happens,then we can talk about it then...you know...when we know what happened..

Orange_Beard
10-18-2009, 11:50 AM
It's a long year. We are not even to the half way point.
This game means soooo much more for the Chugges. Chuggers lose = melt down. It's over.
A division road loss would not hurt to bad, could even refocus the Broncos at this point.

Paladin
10-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Article in the Post this morning said that if the Chuggers lose, the rest of the seeason would be Pro Forma and Norv would be recylced somewhere else.

The bigger question is: Do the Broncos fans want Norv to leave? I mean, do we want a different coach in there who might just make something of that team? I'd rather they just fade into the oblivion that houses the Faids and the mullets.......

SJ Bronco
10-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Article in the Post this morning said that if the Chuggers lose, the rest of the seeason would be Pro Forma and Norv would be recylced somewhere else.

The bigger question is: Do the Broncos fans want Norv to leave? I mean, do we want a different coach in there who might just make something of that team? I'd rather they just fade into the oblivion that houses the Faids and the mullets.......

I think norv is done no matter what

Archer81
10-18-2009, 12:05 PM

+1.

Bronx33
10-18-2009, 12:08 PM
If you win ( then you win)

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 12:14 PM
ok...this made me laugh for like 10 min strait...what is this from?

Always Sunny In Philadelphia

http://somewhatmanlynerd.com/gifs/surprisecharlie.gif

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6360/kittenmittens.gif

theAPAOps5
10-18-2009, 12:15 PM
If you win ( then you win)

Hey are you Yogi Berra by any chance! ^5

SJ Bronco
10-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Always Sunny In Philadelphia

http://somewhatmanlynerd.com/gifs/surprisecharlie.gif

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6360/kittenmittens.gif

nice, I need to see this show

Archer81
10-18-2009, 12:32 PM
nice, I need to see this show

The show is so wrong, and thats why its awesome. The gang finds a baby episode is a good one. Danny Davito is hillarious.

Paladin
10-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Bottom line: Sandy Eggo is toast..........

baja
10-18-2009, 01:18 PM
It's a long year. We are not even to the half way point.
This game means soooo much more for the Chugges. Chuggers lose = melt down. It's over.
A division road loss would not hurt to bad, could even refocus the Broncos at this point.

All true except we do not need a re-focus yet.

Kaylore
10-18-2009, 03:42 PM

Basically you know that's not going to happen so you want to create it here to get you fill?

I'll sum it up for you:

"Fire Mc****STICK!!! CUT ORDON!!! BRING BAK CUTLER!!!!@! WE NEV3R LOST LIK THIS WIF CUTLER!!!111!!1!1!1111ONE"

boltaneer
10-18-2009, 11:56 PM

Yep. Only a Lombardi saves his ass.

It's a win-win situation for us. ;)

azbroncfan
10-19-2009, 12:08 AM
I think all outcomes of the game are possible except a Denver blowout.

maher_tyler
10-19-2009, 02:08 AM
If either team wins by 17 it'll be Denver...the only way you win by 17+ is if the O gets turnover happy.

Old Dude
10-19-2009, 04:06 AM
San Diego's two biggest problems so far appear to be their rushing offense and defense.

I can't see how they win this game without making a big improvement to one or both of those issues.

Could be that LT has been nagged with enough injuries to slow him down, that he's not really over the hill, and that he's now healthy again. If he has a big game against Denver, then his slow start could be discounted, and the Chargers could at least boast of a top-notch offense with an ability to strike on both the ground and in the air.

The Bolts have certainly been hurt by the loss of Jamal Williams - especially in their run D. If Merriman shows up - perhaps healed from his injury - and if they can put up a good run D, then that would also be something they could take a lot of encouragement in.

If both of those things happen, then people might start looking at the Chargers as a top-ten team again - but I don't think they'd base it on a single game - especially a MNF home game.

A loss for the Chargers - by any amount and in any fashion- would be pretty devastating. It would drop them to 2-3, 3 and a half games out of the division lead and dropping behind in all the wild card calculations. It would underscore their inability to address their weaknesses, even at home and after a bye. They'd have to be considered a below-average team and an enormous disappointment in view of the lofty pre-season expectations.

A lot is on the line for them tonight and I expect them to give it everything they've got.

Rohirrim
10-19-2009, 07:56 AM
San Diego's two biggest problems so far appear to be their rushing offense and defense.

I can't see how they win this game without making a big improvement to one or both of those issues.

Could be that LT has been nagged with enough injuries to slow him down, that he's not really over the hill, and that he's now healthy again. If he has a big game against Denver, then his slow start could be discounted, and the Chargers could at least boast of a top-notch offense with an ability to strike on both the ground and in the air.

The Bolts have certainly been hurt by the loss of Jamal Williams - especially in their run D. If Merriman shows up - perhaps healed from his injury - and if they can put up a good run D, then that would also be something they could take a lot of encouragement in.

If both of those things happen, then people might start looking at the Chargers as a top-ten team again - but I don't think they'd base it on a single game - especially a MNF home game.

A loss for the Chargers - by any amount and in any fashion- would be pretty devastating. It would drop them to 2-3, 3 and a half games out of the division lead and dropping behind in all the wild card calculations. It would underscore their inability to address their weaknesses, even at home and after a bye. They'd have to be considered a below-average team and an enormous disappointment in view of the lofty pre-season expectations.

A lot is on the line for them tonight and I expect them to give it everything they've got.

And sometimes, when teams play too hard, they make mistakes. The Broncos need to really keep their cool in this game, and play with a purpose. Let the Chargers go crazy and get all emotional. The Broncos should focus on the win and forget about all the bs surrounding this one. Execute the gameplan! I have no doubt Josh will have this team on the right path tonight: Cool and calm. 8')

BroncoInSkinland
10-19-2009, 08:58 AM
The rest of my post assumes that the Chargers won this in a 17+ point blowout, which I think is doubtful, but was the OP's question.

My first reaction would be we are still 5-1 and OK. The Chargers are starting their annual late bloom, but the division is still ours for the taking, although it is now a two way race instead of a runaway that is over by week 10 for all intents and purposes. That could actually be a good thing, as it will keep our players playing at a higher level, and thus better prepare us for post season should we make it past week 17.

My view of the Chargers wouldn't really change. I still expect them to come on strong at some point this season, although I do think their window is rapidly closing with an aging LT and Defense that is questionable. I also think the team has been Norved and will continue a downward spiral until they change HC's, but they haven't reached the cellar just yet, and Norv will find a way for them to win regular season games.

My second reaction would depend on how the blowout occured. While I wouldn't let one game completely change my views on the team, a blowout would indicate to me that there are problems somewhere. 17-0, indicates a probable problem with our offense, 41-24 on the other hand would be a defensive failure. Could also be a simple luck outcome 7 points off a Sproles return, one lucky long bomb by Rivers, and a drive off some penalties, while concerning wouldn't really show any one aspect of our team was lacking, just that a bit of karma from deflection miracles came back around.

Around all of this though, I do think a blow out loss by the Broncos would cause pandemonium at the Mane, in other words, business as ussual.

chex
10-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Soft, carebear football left Denver the same day Shanny did. We have a coach that cares about winning and preparation Which is something we haven't seen since Elway left.

Ha ha, yeah baby! I'm getting fired up with this post. Awesome.

BroncoInSkinland
10-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Same question, but reversed to Boltaneer, and any other rival fans. What would a blowout loss to the Broncos on Monday night at Qualcomm indicate to you?

broncocalijohn
10-19-2009, 09:46 AM
So we lose by 17? I say we are improving against SD on the road! If that happened, yes the boo birds would come out and scream that some knew they should have waited another week before jumpin on a bandwagon. I dont see it but anything can happen. A win for SD and your fans will start getting hyped up again for a division run. We win and the bags over the head fans (such great fans in SD) come out in force and give up. Team might not, but fans will. Hell, they just sold out the game to make sure blackout for a MNF game wouldnt happen. That there is pathetic.

BlaK-Argentina
10-19-2009, 09:50 AM
I can't freaking believe I get baseball instead of this game. That's BS, bullshiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

Oh yeah we'd still be 5-1 and we're not losing by more than 10 if we lose.

Mediator12
10-19-2009, 10:22 AM
It would tell me several things that I have already proposed:

1. DEN's defense no longer has the new scheme advantage and even SD's atrocious coaching staff had time over 2 weeks to find the weaknesses.

2. That SD is still good enough on offense to exploit those weaknesses.

3. That the offense did not show up and must have turned the ball over more times in one game than they have all year.

4. That any given SUN, and especially versus division rivals, anything can and will happen.

5. DEN finally hit the preparation wall and could not out-execute a very inconsistent team that was desperate for a Division win at home.

6. That I woke up and this was really just a bad dream cause it is NOT going to happen ;D

Irish Stout
10-19-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm just happy that the top 5 threads right now have nothing to do with a certain QB who plays for a certain NFC North team that we do not face this week.

Sandy Vagina Super Douchers Suck Donkey Scrotem (and like it)!

Smiling Assassin27
10-19-2009, 10:39 AM
No loss is a good loss. There should be no misgivings (yet) that Denver is an elite team, since elite teams prove it over longer than 5 games. Every game, for Denver, is a measuring stick game. We learn more about just how good we are. If the Chargers come out and run us out of the stadium--which is not unheard of since we've never matched up well with them personnel-wise in 3 years--we leave with the division lead and a psychological hurdle regarding the Bolts. Given what I've seen from McD, I think he takes it as a challenge to his coaching staff to devise a plan that will put a mismatched team in position to win anyway next time.

The positive is that the media will go back into hate mode regarding the Broncos, rather than wrongly hyping them as they currently are.

boltaneer
10-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Same question, but reversed to Boltaneer, and any other rival fans. What would a blowout loss to the Broncos on Monday night at Qualcomm indicate to you?

I know there would be still 11 games to go but a loss any way, small or blowout, would pretty much write off the division.

If they play well and lose, a Wild Card could still be possible but I'm gonna say if they can't win this game, they don't deserve the playoffs anyway.

If it's a bad performance, Norv better put his real estate agent on speed dial.

Peoples Champ
10-19-2009, 10:41 AM

I wouldnt be that mad, because we have already exceeded our expectations for the year. The fact we are considered as a dangerous tough team and a top 10 NFL team is fine with me.

If we were dominated tonight, I would just say hey, we played bad, lets get them next time.

Paladin
10-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Maybe Sandy Eggo should lose to get a better draft pick?

gtown
10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
I don't think this is gonna be a blowout. SD has a terrible run defense and I think McD is gonna try to exploit that as best as he can to rack up yards and keep Rivers off the field. If we can play good ball control offense, I think we can win this one.

With that being said, I have seen the Chuggers a few times on TV this season and their skill position players are top notch. Rivers just tosses it up there and his receivers, as well as Gates, just go up and get it. That pass offense can be scary good and can score a lot of points in a short amount of time. I am almost of the mindset that the Broncos will have a better chance to win if Sproles and LT have some success against the D rather than going straight up against their passing offense.

In the end, I think it goes something like SD 24, Denver 17.

ColoradoBuff
10-19-2009, 10:59 AM

as Annie once sang!!! :welcome:

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Cito Pelon
10-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Denver will stop the run, so that means SD is in one-dimensional O. I bet LT attempts a halfback option throw. They'll try to get Champ out of position, draw him inside then drag Gates or Jackson from left to right behind Bailey, same as they always have. SD will have some well-designed O pass plays, same as they always do. But, if they can't run the ball, they're gonna have a hard time scoring.

boltaneer
10-19-2009, 11:18 AM
This wasn't a prediction thread but thanks to those of you who actually addressed my question. :)

Old Dude
10-19-2009, 11:27 AM

If Denver wins the game by any appreciable margin, then we could expect to see a full scale meltdown. Calls for Norv's head. More criticism of Cro and Merriman. The whole defense, actually. And it woud get even worse when they drop a game or two down the road to pond scum like the Chiefs. The window of opportunity slammed shut. Dropping attendance. No new stadium. And the team moves to back to L.A. in a year or so.

Peoples Champ
10-19-2009, 11:28 AM
This wasn't a prediction thread but thanks to those of you who actually addressed my question. :)

Ya, I answered it hypothetically

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Chargers are still a good team (talent wise), so if they jump Denver it wouldn't be the end of the world. I've been a supporter of the team's changes since they first started this year!
Denver have already silenced all their critics, we need to keep playing like we have been the past few weeks, and beat San Daigo next time (in Denver).

I''m not about to start talking up my team for this season, there's still too many tough games left! ;)

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Chargers are still a good team (talent wise), so if they jump Denver it wouldn't be the end of the world.

They've gotta be desperate, it's kind of a "must-win."

A Bolts loss would mean 2-3 with us 6-0 ... almost zero chance of making up that ground.

TerrElway
10-19-2009, 12:51 PM

This is a matter of perception. All I hear is the talking heads propping up the Bolts and talking about how they are a wounded tiger and are going to come out and steam roll Denver because Denver has been lucky and hasn't really beaten anyone (per Jamie Dukes).

kappys
10-19-2009, 12:56 PM
If we lose by 17 I'll be very disappointed. To me that suggests either a lack of preparation or a failure of the team to show up, or the team just straight quitting on the game midway through. Rarely a 17 point loss can be hard fought but due to turnovers, however those games are the exception.

I won't be disappointed if we lose provided that we show up and play hard. Going 5-1 with a loss to a talented(well if they are healthier after the bye week at any rate) division opponent on the road is not shameful.

Bronx33
10-19-2009, 08:53 PM
What would be the feeling around here if the Broncos won by 11 points and legitimately outplayed the chargers?

ohhhh ya BUMP!

Dutch
10-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Bump...Bump....by 11...sweet.

lex
10-20-2009, 12:09 AM
It was magical watching Rivers feel the heat over and over again. After two years of Slowik, its really a joy to see the defense show some teeth.

wolf754life
10-20-2009, 12:11 AM

Expect a tough, smash-mouth game. You probably won't blow us out, but if you do, I know you will have truly earned it.

one of the best posts of the year

well played sir!@

HAT
10-20-2009, 12:12 AM
It was magical watching Rivers feel the heat over and over again. After two years of Slowik, its really a joy to see the defense show some teeth.

Welcome to the club Brother Lex.

Bronco Yoda
10-20-2009, 12:17 AM
I'll admit it... I was wrong. I said we'd beat them by 20. I didn't count on that punt return...lol

~Crash~
10-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Chargers are still a good team (talent wise), so if they jump Denver it wouldn't be the end of the world. I've been a supporter of the team's changes since they first started this year!
Denver have already silenced all their critics, we need to keep playing like we have been the past few weeks, and beat San Daigo next time (in Denver).

I''m not about to start talking up my team for this season, there's still too many tough games left! ;)

The best 2-3 team ever in the universe ! ever

lex
10-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Welcome to the club Brother Lex.

What club? Ive been doting on the defense for a while.

boltaneer
10-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Like I said earlier, this wasn't a prediction thread. Just some speculative pre-game talk. :)

I think my Bolts played pretty well overall, and despite the craptacular job by Norv and his staff there were improvements in weak areas on both sides of the ball (run defense, running attack). Special teams, which is normally a strength of the Bolts, was surprisingly a huge letdown.

Good game, guys. Broncos are on a roll!

~Crash~
10-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Like I said earlier, this wasn't a prediction thread. Just some speculative pre-game talk. :)

I think my Bolts played pretty well overall, and despite the craptacular job by Norv and his staff there were improvements in weak areas on both sides of the ball (run defense, running attack). Special teams, which is normally a strength of the Bolts, was surprisingly a huge letdown.

hope you suck the last place flames of Kc

SonOfLe-loLang
10-20-2009, 01:01 AM
What club? Ive been doting on the defense for a while.

Yeah, you just hate giving full credit to McDaniels and what he's done. If they reach 10 wins (and they SHOULD... i know this was your expected number), will you finally man up and say "Im lex, and i was 100 percent ****ing wrong. I apologize" ?

cutthemdown
10-20-2009, 02:07 AM

Honestly for Broncos to beat them when SD had an extra week to prepare, and were at home, is really really huge.

Chargers can't run, they can't protect Rivers, at least not from us they can't.

Broncoman13
10-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Yeah, you just hate giving full credit to McDaniels and what he's done. If they reach 10 wins (and they SHOULD... i know this was your expected number), will you finally man up and say "Im lex, and i was 100 percent ****ing wrong. I apologize" ?

I apologize? Seriously? You expect somebody to apologize for having doubts/questions entering a season... SERIOUSLY? WTF is wrong with some of you people. Lex and many others had their doubts. They were slower in drinking the coolaid, big freaking deal. No need to apologize, that's absurd.

TailgateNut
10-20-2009, 06:52 AM
I apologize? Seriously? You expect somebody to apologize for having doubts/questions entering a season... SERIOUSLY? WTF is wrong with some of you people. Lex and many others had their doubts. They were slower in drinking the coolaid, big freaking deal. No need to apologize, that's absurd.

No, the dick doesn't have to apologize for having doubts. BUT, he and the others dicks (jhns, the rev, rasta, BF7) shouldn't expect anyone they berated to accept their aloof asses.

**** this shiate. Being labeled as stupid assholes by raiderfans is expected, but for your own fans base to attack you for months on end, is above and beyond acceptable.

**** this ****.

Lex should be busy planning for strategic losses at this point in the season.
BF7 and jhns can kiss my ass, and rasta needs to lay off the ganja.

baja
10-20-2009, 06:53 AM

What do you think that Shanahan & Slowick think when they watched this game?

cutthemdown
10-20-2009, 06:57 AM

I don't begrudge doubt. Like saying I'm not sure this player is good, we aren't talented enough etc. I think some of the talk went to being really disrespectful towards the owner and the new coach and had little to do with football or either of those 2 mens records.

It even got so bad that the sites access to training camp got revoked.

I think the fallout is sort of understandable. We keep winning and all will be rosy

Peoples Champ
10-20-2009, 06:58 AM

I like your sportsmanship, Chargers have dominated us for awhile, especially Rivers, they said he was 5-1 against the Broncos. So in Baseball terms, "we were due.' Let us have some fun for now, and lets all hope that we can destroy the Colts/Pats/Steelers, because I am sick of their dominance.

Merlin
10-20-2009, 07:11 AM
they said he was 5-1 against the Broncos.
I prefer to see it as being dominated for only 2 seasons. The last two seasons we have at the very least split with them ;D

Broncos4tw
10-20-2009, 07:14 AM
I had heavy doubt about Josh. However, his spirit and attention to detail every week has won me over. I still think he is inexperienced (for a HC), but he'll learn, and damn.. he is starting out strong. Can't ask for more than this. And even better.. he comes with playoff experience.

I DO still have doubts about Orton, but they are much lessened from preseason.

Broncomutt
10-20-2009, 07:39 AM

Good game Bolt. The truth is San Diego doesn't really scare me, but Rivers does. You have a great QB, but there is something missing in your team chemistry. For awhile in the first half I thought he was going to shred us all night. Thank God we finally started getting to him.

See you when you come to Denver. We'll leave the light on for you.....until the whistle blows....and then it's lights out! :wave:

Peoples Champ
10-20-2009, 07:50 AM
I prefer to see it as being dominated for only 2 seasons. The last two seasons we have at the very least split with them ;D

Ya you are right, and in the history of the NFL, Denver has the edge for sure.

boltaneer
10-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Honestly for Broncos to beat them when SD had an extra week to prepare, and were at home, is really really huge.

Chargers can't run, they can't protect Rivers, at least not from us they can't.

This I disagree with for once. (And they haven't been protecting Rivers all year long, BTW.)

This was their best run performance of the year. I know it wasn't an oustanding rushing performance (3.5 YPC) but LT was running good out there. For the first time this year, the o-line was actually creating some running lanes for LT and getting some push on the defenders. They actually ran the ball better than their opponent in terms of YPC for the first time this year. To me, that signals an improvement in both the run offense and defense.

The problem is that Norv just won't commit to the run especially when it's actually working for once. And he seems content on continually dropping Rivers back on seven step drops when the o-line is obviously struggling is pass protection (they have been all year long).

IMO, this was a game the Chargers should have won if Norv would actually make some adjustments to what was happening in the game. And this is not a one time thing. This is becoming a pattern.

Oh well. My consolation is that this loss and every one after this just gets Norv closer to his pink slip.

Karenin
10-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Where did all the Chargers' trolls go? 400 HZ, Black96, bolt jolt, etc...? At least you're here, unlike the rest of your fairweather compatriots.

Peoples Champ
10-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Where did all the Chargers' trolls go? 400 HZ, Black96, bolt jolt, etc...? At least you're here, unlike the rest of your fairweather compatriots.

good call

SonOfLe-loLang
10-20-2009, 09:18 AM
This I disagree with for once. (And they haven't been protecting Rivers all year long, BTW.)

This was their best run performance of the year. I know it wasn't an oustanding rushing performance (3.5 YPC) but LT was running good out there. For the first time this year, the o-line was actually creating some running lanes for LT and getting some push on the defenders. They actually ran the ball better than their opponent in terms of YPC for the first time this year. To me, that signals an improvement in both the run offense and defense.

The problem is that Norv just won't commit to the run especially when it's actually working for once. And he seems content on continually dropping Rivers back on seven step drops when the o-line is obviously struggling is pass protection (they have been all year long).

IMO, this was a game the Chargers should have won if Norv would actually make some adjustments to what was happening in the game. And this is not a one time thing. This is becoming a pattern.

Oh well. My consolation is that this loss and every one after this just gets Norv closer to his pink slip.

If your idea of improvement is 3.5 YPC, thats sad. On LT"s longest run (which was like 12 yards), he strutted as if to say he was back. When a 12 yard gain is somethign to celebrate, that's sad. The chargers missed their window...it was open for 2-3 years, its closed. Too old, too slow, too injured

_Oro_
10-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Chargers are forever doomed by AJ. Chargers will never get the bad*** HC because AJ wants all the power. Maybe they will have talent but they'll always be soft because they can go over their coaches head to AJ. Sorry but Chargers are ******.

OABB
10-20-2009, 09:35 AM
The chargers are far from done...We have just gotten better. Do not underestimate what losing a probowl center and NT will do to you.

for all us bronco fans that bitched about 7 rb on IR last year is why we blew the 3 game lead, this is far worse to a team.

outdoor_miner
10-20-2009, 10:00 AM

This was definitely our best win. We took the Chargers best shot. It was easy to tell that the Chargers came out in "desperation mode"... Even more, they took an early lead, and were even leading going into the half. For our team to get a win, on the road, in such a key matchup was just awesome.

I even thought the Chargers played a good game... We were just better.

lookin' glass
10-20-2009, 10:04 AM
What do you think that Shanahan & Slowick think when they watched this game?

I'm sure they both said "That's what I would have done!"

boltaneer
10-20-2009, 10:07 AM
This was definitely our best win. We took the Chargers best shot. It was easy to tell that the Chargers came out in "desperation mode"... Even more, they took an early lead, and were even leading going into the half. For our team to get a win, on the road, in such a key matchup was just awesome.

I even thought the Chargers played a good game... We were just better.

Agreed.

boltaneer
10-20-2009, 10:15 AM
If your idea of improvement is 3.5 YPC, thats sad. On LT"s longest run (which was like 12 yards), he strutted as if to say he was back. When a 12 yard gain is somethign to celebrate, that's sad. The chargers missed their window...it was open for 2-3 years, its closed. Too old, too slow, too injured

3.5 is a big improvement. Have you actually watched our o-line play this year?

Their run blocking was LIGHT YEARS better than the previous four games. Yes, that is improvement. The o-line was consistently getting pushed into the backfield. That didn't happen last night.

if LT is "too old" and "too slow", why wasn't Sproles (2.4 YPC) lighting it up during the two games where he was starting?

You can write off LT if you want but if he continues to actually get some holes to run though and more importantly, if Norv commits to the run, he will start putting up LT-like numbers.

Sadly, I don't think Norv gets it (taking LT out on 3rd and goal) so I wouldn't bet on it happening though.

azbroncfan
10-20-2009, 10:15 AM

San Diego got Norv'd last night. WTF was up with running Sproles up the gut from the 2 on 3rd and goal especially when you went away from the passing game which was working and is the strength of the team. Last night was an example of good coaching vs poor coaching. San Diego was a superbowl threat until they replaced Marty with Norv. How they hired Norv I would never understand but it was a good thing for the rest of the AFC west.

boltaneer
10-20-2009, 10:27 AM
San Diego got Norv'd last night. WTF was up with running Sproles up the gut from the 2 on 3rd and goal especially when you went away from the passing game which was working and is the strength of the team. Last night was an example of good coaching vs poor coaching. San Diego was a superbowl threat until they replaced Marty with Norv. How they hired Norv I would never understand but it was a good thing for the rest of the AFC west.

Don't start the Marty thing again. I've said many times that I'm a big Marty fan but it was time for Marty to go.

I'm not a Norv fan at all but I will give him his due. He did a hell of a job when it came to playoff time both in 2007 and 2008. He just got struck with horrible luck with the injuries in the AFC Championship game and they still almost pulled of a crazy upset.

But Norv had his chance and whether you excuse it with bad luck or not, he didn't get it done and just like Marty, it's time to move on. So, I happily await for his replacement next year.

OABB
10-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Don't start the Marty thing again. I've said many times that I'm a big Marty fan but it was time for Marty to go.

I'm not a Norv fan at all but I will give him his due. He did a hell of a job when it came to playoff time both in 2007 and 2008. He just got struck with horrible luck with the injuries in the AFC Championship game and they still almost pulled of a crazy upset.

But Norv had his chance and whether you excuse it with bad luck or not, he didn't get it done and just like Marty, it's time to move on. So, I happily await for his replacement next year.

AJ goes for chan gailey? what other whipping boy is out there?

azbroncfan
10-20-2009, 10:29 AM

I don't necessarily disagree with the firing of Marty but the replacement for him was a joke in Norv. He has sucked everywhere he has been and the Chargers were easily good enough to win it all.

OABB
10-20-2009, 10:33 AM

I don't wish to pile on, but not only did you guys get norved AND aj'd, you got martied.

Marty always builds a tough team that competes and blows it in the playoffs, and than when that team is taken over by another coach, they fall of the map.

Sorry man, but this is just history repeating itself.

boltaneer
10-20-2009, 10:38 AM
I don't necessarily disagree with the firing of Marty but the replacement for him was a joke in Norv. He has sucked everywhere he has been and the Chargers were easily good enough to win it all.

I can agree with this but it's all history now. I'm not gonna dwell on it. I'm just looking forward to his last day here. :sunshine:

boltaneer
10-20-2009, 10:40 AM
AJ goes for chan gailey? what other whipping boy is out there?

Actually AJ Smith is getting a lot of heat as well. But I doubt he gets fired.

I can see him going after a strong coach who isn't a "yes man" like Norv because of how Norv turned out.

azbroncfan
10-20-2009, 10:40 AM
I can agree with this but it's all history now. I'm not gonna dwell on it. I'm just looking forward to his last day here. :sunshine:

I have a feeling Shannahan will interview with the Chargers. I think Shanny and Rivers would be a scary combo.

TailgateNut
10-20-2009, 11:38 AM
I have a feeling Shannahan will interview with the Chargers. I think Shanny and Rivers would be a scary combo.

another old worn out shoe/primadonna combo:wiggle:

cabronco
10-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I like how Jaws & Gruden were gushing on LT. Yup he's back folks, you can tell he's got his bounce back and his cut-backs. He's ready to break one at any time here....chirp chirp.....not ! Baahaaha idiots.

Bronco Yoda
10-20-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't begrudge doubt. Like saying I'm not sure this player is good, we aren't talented enough etc. I think some of the talk went to being really disrespectful towards the owner and the new coach and had little to do with football or either of those 2 mens records.

It even got so bad that the sites access to training camp got revoked.

I think the fallout is sort of understandable. We keep winning and all will be rosy

who got the OMs access revoked?

Rock Chalk
10-20-2009, 01:17 PM
who got the OMs access revoked?

Doesn't matter. We dont need to rehash that.

Bronco Yoda
10-20-2009, 01:19 PM
The chargers are far from done...We have just gotten better. Do not underestimate what losing a probowl center and NT will do to you.

for all us bronco fans that b****ed about 7 rb on IR last year is why we blew the 3 game lead, this is far worse to a team.

Very true. The Chargers are still a very dangerous team that still demands respect for their talent. Thhis is what makes this victory that much more impressive.

Bronco Yoda
10-20-2009, 01:20 PM

Yes it does. Someone send me a pm then. I'm not trying to embarrass anyone but I want to know.

boltaneer
10-20-2009, 01:39 PM

I was initially against Shanahan or Gruden because of the WCO but listening to Gruden last night, it almost seemed like he was lobbying for the job next year.

I'm on the Gruden kick right now. I think his intensity is something that could work for this team. I knocked him because his offenses haven't that impressive but he really didn't have much to work with in Tampa. I think he would be like a kid in a candy store with the talent on the offense here.

Ultimately, I just don't see it happening because of the WCO though. That's not what they want to run here.

As for Shanahan, no thanks.

gyldenlove
10-20-2009, 01:46 PM
I was initially against Shanahan or Gruden because of the WCO but listening to Gruden last night, it almost seemed like he was lobbying for the job next year.

I'm on the Gruden kick right now. I think his intensity is something that could work for this team. I knocked him because his offenses haven't that impressive but he really didn't have much to work with in Tampa. I think he would be like a kid in a candy store with the talent on the offense here.

Ultimately, I just don't see it happening because of the WCO though. That's not what they want to run here.

As for Shanahan, no thanks.

Gruden could work if he stays with Rivers, his big problem in Tampa was always finding a QB who could execute, if he sticks with Rivers that part of the equation is solved.

He would need a good DC, I don't know of any good defensive coaches who are likely to get axed. Maybe Crennel would come back?

TheReverend
10-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Gruden could work if he stays with Rivers, his big problem in Tampa was always finding a QB who could execute, if he sticks with Rivers that part of the equation is solved.

He would need a good DC, I don't know of any good defensive coaches who are likely to get axed. Maybe Crennel would come back?

The return of Wade Phillips, imo

baja
10-20-2009, 01:54 PM

Oh so it was you. ;D

Broncoman13
10-20-2009, 01:55 PM
The return of Wade Phillips, imo

Not with AJ Smith there he wouldn't!

I think you could see Gruden bring in a guy like Lovie Smith after he gets fired in Chicago.

cutthemdown
10-20-2009, 02:06 PM
I like how Jaws & Gruden were gushing on LT. Yup he's back folks, you can tell he's got his bounce back and his cut-backs. He's ready to break one at any time here....chirp chirp.....not ! Baahaaha idiots.

What's funnier is florio over at pro football talk. He hates the Broncos. Dude usually runs updates during Monday Night Football. His observations etc etc. Nothing about MNF today on his site.

I love it, the haters don't know what the **** is going on.

cutthemdown
10-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Yes it does. Someone send me a pm then. I'm not trying to embarrass anyone but I want to know.

To be honest I can't remember exactly who it was.