PDA

View Full Version : Merriman promises the world, on monday things will be different

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 12:21 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/17/merriman-promises-people-will-see-a-difference-monday/

The injury report for Monday night's Broncos-Chargers was released Saturday, without any major surprises.

Broncos running back Correll Buckhalter is listed as probable with an ankle injury, and will return to the lineup after missing last week's game. It's uncertain if he'll start.

The Chargers center Nick Hardwick and linebacker Antwan Applewhite are listed as out, while five players, including linebacker Shawne Merriman are listed as probable.

Merriman has been a league average linebacker at best thus far this season, with virtually no production and injury troubles.

He promises that "people will see a difference" in his play Monday night. He practiced twice this week, something he was unable to do before San Diego's bye.

"I feel good, ready to go," Merriman said. "More time to prepare, more time to rest up."

If San Diego loses Monday night, the Chargers will be three and a half games behind Denver in the AFC West.

bowtown
10-18-2009, 12:27 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/17/merriman-promises-people-will-see-a-difference-monday/

He promises that "people will see a difference" in his play Monday night. He practiced twice this week, something he was unable to do before San Diego's bye.

Looks like his supplier finally called him back.

Hey Shawne, this cup's for you...

http://www.drugtesting-kits.com/items/lg/90ml_Sterile_urine_cup.jpg

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Chargers are 100% sure the real season starts monday. Broncos go on losing streak, they go on winning streak, and by end of yr it will be same as last season.

This is a big game chance for the Broncos. If they can somehow beat the might invincible Chargers, rulers of the AFC West, maybe we can win this division.

bap454
10-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Everthing I have seen leading up to this matchup.... reaks a loss. If some how we pull this one out, there will be no more of this overachiever bs. Superbowl contenders.

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Everthing I have seen leading up to this matchup.... reaks a loss. If some how we pull this one out, there will be no more of this overachiever bs. Superbowl contenders.

The reason you feel like that is because every time Broncos get in a huge game they don't get it done. It's been like that since Elway retired. We win a big game, only to lose a bigger game later on.

Time to make it stick. The Chargers have more holes on the Oline then we have. They have bigger problems on the front 7 then we have. They don't have Dawkins, they Don't have Bailey.

Really everything should point to a Bronco win. It's only our history of letting Chargers back in it that really makes us feel leery.

How huge would it be to smack then hard in the chops?

Broncojef
10-18-2009, 01:16 AM
The reason you feel like that is because every time Broncos get in a huge game they don't get it done. It's been like that since Elway retired. We win a big game, only to lose a bigger game later on.

Time to make it stick. The Chargers have more holes on the Oline then we have. They have bigger problems on the front 7 then we have. They don't have Dawkins, they Don't have Bailey.

Really everything should point to a Bronco win. It's only our history of letting Chargers back in it that really makes us feel leery.

The last few years every big game such as the one this Monday in primetime we've not only lost but been thoroughly embarrassed, think the Patroit and Charger games last year. People around here have been making excuses for the embarrassments for too long. Time to come out Monday and show things are different, payback is a bitch Merriman you're gonna take it in the chops.

JJJ
10-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Merriman needs to shut up and play.

KipCorrington25
10-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Greatest 2-2 team in the history of Earth.

BroncoMan4ever
10-18-2009, 02:00 AM

that right there is the reason i don't think we lose this game. this team is not the team that rolls over or plays weak in the 2nd half or when we are playing from behind. we seem to be thriving on adversity.

these aren't the Shanahan and Co. produced Broncos anymore. and i don't think we lose this game.

atomicbloke
10-18-2009, 02:08 AM
The last few years every big game such as the one this Monday in primetime we've not only lost but been thoroughly embarrassed, think the Patroit and Charger games last year. People around here have been making excuses for the embarrassments for too long. Time to come out Monday and show things are different, payback is a b**** Merriman you're gonna take it in the chops.

Also the Buffalo game and the San Francisco game, both at home, both weaker teams, and both times a win would clinch a playoff berth.

Both times the Broncos had a double digit lead going in to the 3rd quarter.

And lost both times.

Clockwork Orange
10-18-2009, 02:13 AM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9687/cladyhandmedium.jpg

Lights out, mother****er.

ZONA
10-18-2009, 03:05 AM

What exactly reaks, other the San Diego's 32nd ranked run stopping and their 27th ranked rushing attack?

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 03:14 AM
Man I hope Mcdaniels didn't blow his coaching wad last week. We should be saving some of our stuff for this game.

I'm looking for some new plays off the wildhorse that involve something different from last week.

CEH
10-18-2009, 07:39 AM
From his coaches show:

"I really don't care what San Diego thinks or feels about this game" - Josh McDaniels when ask about the perception in SD that their season is on the line

I love his attitude. I have a feeling we are not reading our press clipping.

I expect a close game. We need to show the Bolts we are here for the long haul

dbfan4life
10-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Merriman needs to shut up and play.

Or not. Wouldn't bother me either way...

rbackfactory80
10-18-2009, 08:13 AM
He is right, it has been a long time since we won in SD.

baja
10-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Man I hope Mcdaniels didn't blow his coaching wad last week. We should be saving some of our stuff for this game.

I'm looking for some new plays off the wildhorse that involve something different from last week.

I don't know about that Cut. My hope is we line up and beat the Chargers straight up with power football. I hope we beat those little soft California boys so bad that they are watching the clock in the 4th quarter counting the minutes until the game is over so they can get the hell out of there.

Bronco Warrior
10-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Merriman could actually get one tackle or a QB pressure and his game would be hugely improved! lol! He Has been a post steriodal girly man this year. Maybe he secretly choked out a small Vietnamese skank again to boost his confidence!

MerriRoids will get no play agains Clady and Harris! Did you here the audio of Big Ben wired in their last game? After a pass play Ben was chatting him up "He Shawne, you ok? You healthy? You good? I wasn't sure you were out here with us, I was worried about you!" It was priceless and Appropriate!:~ohyah!::militia:

gunns
10-18-2009, 09:25 AM

Haven't we heard that from Cromartie for the last several years? Meh..

Sure I would love to win this game but there has to be a loss eventually. I, personally, don't think this is it. My hope comes from excellent coaching vs Norv.

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 09:45 AM
It's all on the Neckbeard

tsiguy96
10-18-2009, 09:53 AM
he had to pick the week he goes against clady to promise a big game. gotcha.

broncofan2438
10-18-2009, 09:57 AM

Yes it has, but I think we can turn that around on Monday.

Special teams, clock mngmt, and the turnover battle is very important in this game

baja
10-18-2009, 10:08 AM
It's all on the Neckbeard

ThaT IS THE THING I LOVE ABOUT THIS TEAM it's not ever on one player or position.

baja
10-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Why is it that the only time "caps" work on this site is when you accidentally hit the caps lock key? Try to make a caps post and it get changed.

How does it know the difference of intention ???

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 10:15 AM

Not THAT long. It's only been 3 games.

Our back ups won there in 2005. The game where Lynch ripped Brees' shoulder out of it's socket and Rivers pro career really started.

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 10:18 AM
ThaT IS THE THING I LOVE ABOUT THIS TEAM it's not ever on one player or position.

But it IS on him.

Our OL is consistently outstanding. Our defense has been the same this year. If Buck or Knowshon are playing poor, we can rotate.

However, Kyle needs to play a good or better game to win. Period. If he doesn't, then he doesn't allow Brandon, Eddie, Scheff, Gaffney, Stokely, etc even the OPPORTUNITY to play a good game.

rbackfactory80
10-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Not THAT long. It's only been 3 games.

Our back ups won there in 2005. The game where Lynch ripped Brees' shoulder out of it's socket and Rivers pro career really started.

Nah Rev that was Warren. Lynch did have a huge game though.

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Nah Rev that was Warren. Lynch did have a huge game though.

It's definitely not easy to pin point. The only time he gets hit in that shoulder is when Lynch sacks him. However, when Warren dives on him, it forces his shoulder into the ground hard. The recap consensus is that it was hurt trying to recover the ball, so I'll credit ya. If you want to see it again...

...Thirty seconds into this video:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2005123100/2005/REG17/broncos@chargers/analyze/box-score#tab:watch

baja
10-18-2009, 10:45 AM
But it IS on him.

Our OL is consistently outstanding. Our defense has been the same this year. If Buck or Knowshon are playing poor, we can rotate.

However, Kyle needs to play a good or better game to win. Period. If he doesn't, then he doesn't allow Brandon, Eddie, Scheff, Gaffney, Stokely, etc even the OPPORTUNITY to play a good game.

Well when you put it that way that holds true for every QB on every team in every game.

The point I want to make is with this team it is more about taking what the defense gives us so one game it might be Orton and the passing game while it could just as well be the running game, it is dependent on what the opposing defense does.

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Well when you put it that way that holds true for every QB on every team in every game.

The point I want to make is with this team it is more about taking what the defense gives us so one game it might be Orton and the passing game while it could just as well be the running game, it is dependent on what the opposing defense does.

Never said it wasn't.

Regardless of what the defense gives us, Kyle will HAVE to make throws to win, and up until last Sunday, he was the weak link. Was that the start of a consistent Kyle Orton, or not? Tune in Monday to find out.

Anaximines
10-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Merriman has been a league average linebacker at best thus far this season, with virtually no production and injury troubles.

"virtually no production and injury troubles" qualifies as average?

baja
10-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Never said it wasn't.

Regardless of what the defense gives us, Kyle will HAVE to make throws to win, and up until last Sunday, he was the weak link. Was that the start of a consistent Kyle Orton, or not? <b>Tune in Monday to find out.

I sure hope I can there is a category 5 hurricane sitting off the coast of Baja so my reception is iffy right now.

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 11:26 AM
I sure hope I can there is a category 5 hurricane sitting off the coast of Baja so my reception is iffy right now.

Why don't you head up to SD and just go to the game?

Chargers stadium is probably back to being empty.

Archer81
10-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Lot of talk coming out of SD...

:Broncos:

Los Broncos
10-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Tough game to win for sure but Merriman will be owned.

Harris or Clady will lock him down.

Orange_Beard
10-18-2009, 12:34 PM
is he going to heal his knee this weekend? He is dragging that leg all over. Clady going to turn his lights out.

baja
10-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Why don't you head up to SD and just go to the game?

Chargers stadium is probably back to being empty.

Not a bad idea but Hurricane "Rick" is a level 5 storm right now and is heading for Cabo so I need to stay here.

Bronx33
10-18-2009, 01:40 PM
His tattoo artist also said his lights out tattoo would come out wicked bad.

DomCasual
10-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Looks like his supplier finally called him back.

Hey Shawne, this cup's for you...

http://www.drugtesting-kits.com/items/lg/90ml_Sterile_urine_cup.jpg

Dude had to lay low for awhile. After his main customer dropped off so much after the positive steroid test, the police were all over him.

LongDongJohnson
10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9687/cladyhandmedium.jpg

Lights out, mother****er.
haha!

am i the only one that liked this post?

Kaylore
10-19-2009, 12:34 AM
On noes! Shawne "my-lack-of-steroids-has-exposed-my-mediocrity" Merriman promises things will be different!

Bronx33
10-19-2009, 11:10 PM
too funny..

80smith
10-19-2009, 11:12 PM
I think, deep down we all new this was going to backfire....

Bronx33
10-19-2009, 11:13 PM
tila tequila says HI!

Popps
10-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Wow, so... the no-roids no-sacks streak continues, huh?

HEAV
10-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Without the "Juice" Merriman's lights are out.

I haven't seen a player fall this fast since Mandarich...

HEAV
10-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Wow, so... the no-roids no-sacks streak continues, huh?

He's not even average NFL player. Dude wll be looking so new way to hide the drugs or try and find a newer drug.

He's borderline scout team player now.

Bronco Warrior
10-19-2009, 11:21 PM
MerriRoids Is Done! Clady rode him like a rented mule! Dominated him! How pathetic!!

Paladin
10-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Without the "Juice" Merriman's lights are out.

I haven't seen a player fall this fast since Mandarich...

Boswick.....

Los Broncos
10-19-2009, 11:28 PM
MerriRoids Is Done! Clady rode him like a rented mule! Dominated him! How pathetic!!

I was laughing everytime he lined up on him.

Bronco Warrior
10-19-2009, 11:29 PM
He's not even average NFL player. Dude wll be looking so new way to hide the drugs or try and find a newer drug.

The reason he shook and choked Tila Tequilla was she found his Roids stash and was gonna tell! Well that's a local rumor..GF's family lives there...lol!

Popps
10-19-2009, 11:40 PM

Pretty amazing what drugs can do for you. Honestly, he's absolutely invisible.

Bronx33
10-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Pretty amazing what drugs can do for you. Honestly, he's absolutely invisible.

That stupid f**** mohawk stands out pretty good.

Clockwork Orange
10-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Don't worry about it Shawne, there's no shame in getting owned by Ryan Clady. Happens to pretty much everyone who lines up against him.

HEAV
10-19-2009, 11:44 PM
That stupid ***** mohawk stands out pretty good.

Easy dare! D.J. was sporting one tonight;D

Bronco Warrior
10-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Remember when the reason ChargeS Efense sucke_ was because thier Savior Merriman was out? What is the Excuse this time?

Bronx33
10-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Easy dare! D.J. was sporting one tonight;D

DJ actually did something though :wiggle:

NFLBRONCO
10-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Lights Out Crisis Line

1-800-56roids

WABronco
10-19-2009, 11:51 PM
I was almost hoping he did his stupid dance when he tackled Buck for a 1 yard gain...

Archer81
10-19-2009, 11:56 PM
They did roll protection to his side...but watching the game...I honestly dont think Clady needed the help.

BowlenBall
10-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Merriman was absolutely correct.

Things are different now....

Cito Pelon
10-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Cromartie had a good game. Dude was on.

azbroncfan
10-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Merriman and LT are washed up. Makes me a happy man.

Kaylore
10-20-2009, 12:14 AM
You gotta love how they linebackers were talking trash all before the game and then during the game they were absolute horse crap. You suck, San Diego, you suck.

Archer81
10-20-2009, 12:15 AM
You gotta love how they linebackers were talking trash all before the game and then during the game they were absolute horse crap. You suck, San Diego, you suck.

**** you, San Diego.

TheReverend
10-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Clady > Tila Tequila apparently.

Clockwork Orange
10-20-2009, 12:16 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/reflolz.gif

He's even getting punked by the officials.

SureShot
10-20-2009, 12:25 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/reflolz.gif

He's even getting punked by the officials.

haha sweet.