PDA

View Full Version : Matt Ryan vs. Cutler

Williams
10-18-2009, 12:02 AM
...is the current poll on ESPN.com. Some maners may appreciate this, I thought it was pretty funny.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/broncoking16/illinois.jpg

KipCorrington25
10-18-2009, 12:05 AM
That's hilarious. If moles were counted Cutler might win Wisconsin.

baja
10-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Lol

orangemonkey
10-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Lol

add great Orton to that poll.

Anaximines
10-18-2009, 12:54 AM
:spit: LOL

azbroncfan
10-18-2009, 01:26 AM
It's not even really close. Ryan went to the worst team in the league(even though KC and OAK argue that) and got them to double digit wins. Ryan wins games and isn't a turnover machine and is the best young Q I have seen in awhile.

Rock Chalk
10-18-2009, 01:58 AM
I'd take Matt Ryan over most of the QBs in the league.

Except: Peyton, Healthy Brady, healthy McNabb, and Brees. Thats it. Id take Matt Ryan over anyone else.

That's how good I think that cat is. In 3 years he is going to be the best QB in the league.

BroncoMan4ever
10-18-2009, 02:06 AM
It's not even really close. Ryan went to the worst team in the league(even though KC and OAK argue that) and got them to double digit wins. Ryan wins games and isn't a turnover machine and is the best young Q I have seen in awhile.

Ryan is the guy that i can see taking Peyton's throne in the next few years.

i know there are a lot of quality young starters in the league, Rodgers, Ben, Flacco, Cutler(if he pulls his head out of his ass), Orton(making a solid case for himself), and Rivers, but he is the guy i just watch play and just see becoming the best of the bunch.

rmsanger
10-18-2009, 08:20 AM
I'd take Cutler in a hearbeat over Matty Ice... People will see by the end of the season that he has matured into a top tier quarterback. This will be on display tonight!

Go Bears!

bpc
10-18-2009, 08:22 AM
I think they both have bright futures.

I like Jay to win tonight, much to the dismay of the haters around here.

_Oro_
10-18-2009, 08:23 AM

Except: Peyton, Healthy Brady, healthy McNabb, and Brees. Thats it. Id take Matt Ryan over anyone else.

That's how good I think that cat is. In 3 years he is going to be the best QB in the league.

Healthy McNabb - that doesn't exist.

elsid13
10-18-2009, 08:25 AM

I think you giving to much credit to Ryan not enough to Michael Turner. The Falcons ability to run the ball, made it extremely easy for Ryan to be a good QB. Ryan is very good young QB, but having effective running game has made him a better player.

azbroncfan
10-18-2009, 10:32 AM

I second that and I'd take him over McNabb even. He is number 4 under the big three in my opinion.

azbroncfan
10-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I think you giving to much credit to Ryan not enough to Michael Turner. The Falcons ability to run the ball, made it extremely easy for Ryan to be a good QB. Ryan is very good young QB, but having effective running game has made him a better player.

Turner has helped but why are there other QB's that have great running games that can't win ball games? Ryan probably had as good of a rookie year as anyone ever has. It wasn't like he was winning games like Orton and Big Ben did as rookies he threw the ball around a lot and had to be accounted for. He will kill you if you put 8 in the box.

BroncoDoug
10-18-2009, 10:57 AM
not only does Ryan have everything you want in a franchise QB on the field, this guy is the perfect tole model off the field. he used to study postgame interviews of Tom Brady while at BC, to see how to take the rigors of the NFL. This guy get it more then Cutler at this point.

elsid13
10-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Turner has helped but why are there other QB's that have great running games that can't win ball games? Ryan probably had as good of a rookie year as anyone ever has. It wasn't like he was winning games like Orton and Big Ben did as rookies he threw the ball around a lot and had to be accounted for. He will kill you if you put 8 in the box.

If you watch some of the games last year, much like Flacco, the coaching staff made sure that Ryan had very simple reads (only one side of the field) and asked him to either go to the first read or to the check down. If either wasn't there throw it away. With offense line giving him time, defense playing running first that successfully formula for any QB.

Ryan is very good young QB, but the success of the Falcons is because of underrated o-line and commitment to run game.

baja
10-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Two of the best O lines in football were birthed by Gibbs, us and Atlanta.

elsid13
10-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Two of the best O lines in football were birthed by Gibbs, us and Atlanta.

Atlanta no longer use the ZBS, that Gibbs installed. They gone to power blocking scheme.