PDA

View Full Version : Bears@Falcons

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Buff, how was Jay a stud? he played like ****.
Two 90+ yard drives in the 4th quarter = stud by definition in my book.

I watched the game with 6 bears fans and myself, they alllllllllllll said he played like crap and want him off the team. Two of them were even wearing Cutler bears jerseys, and at the end of the game wanted to wipe their *** with it.
I've spent the last 30 minutes on a couple Bears sites, and believe me: Your friends are in the tiny minority. Most of their posts are (correctly I think) blaming the two penalties at the end.

The Forte fumble was equally at fault as the Cutler red zone pick, obviously.

Check here: http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1851862.aspx

USMCBladerunner
10-18-2009, 11:16 PM

I've spent the last 30 minutes on a couple Bears sites, and believe me: Your friends are in the tiny minority. Most of their posts are (correctly I think) blaming the two penalties at the end.

Look I'll give you Forte's fumbles. Those are not on Jay, but here's the deal. What the Bears needed wasn't a 90+ yard drive. They needed a touchdown to tie the game. If Jay is celebrating himself even half as much as you are celebrating him in his failure to tie the game, I think the Broncos 1st round pick is looking good.

cutthemdown
10-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Yep, no second and third teams here.

No real fan would ever have a 2nd team let alone a 3rd.

Rasta thinks he's being progressive, that's what a fool he is.

baja
10-18-2009, 11:19 PM
You can't expect the Bears fans to figure out right away that jay is a fraud, hell Buff you watched him drag down the broncos for two years and still can't admit it. Takes time to come out of denial. Bear fans aren't ready yet.

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Anyone else notice that Bears game threads get more action than Bronco game threads?

bumping this post to show futility of this argument

azbroncfan
10-18-2009, 11:22 PM

Typical Jay Cutler excuse that was used for the loser when he was here. Some guys have a knack for winning and Jay has the knack for losing. When he was the QB here we all made excuses and deflection to the running back's fumbles and etc. Chicago should of been up at worse 13-0 at half but Cutler's two INT's moved Chicago out of the frontrunner in the game to behind the eight ball giving Atlanta the momentum. He move's the ball great between the 20's but still makes poor decisions in the redzone.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Look I'll give you Forte's fumbles. Those are not on Jay, but here's the deal. What the Bears needed wasn't a 90+ yard drive. They needed a touchdown to tie the game.

Jay got them one! Don't forget that ...

But then .... they needed a SECOND touchdown, he moved them 90 yards, but was pushed back by penalties and didn't get in.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Typical Jay Cutler excuse that was used for the loser when he was here. Some guys have a knack for winning and Jay has the knack for losing. When he was the QB here we all made excuses and deflection to the running back's fumbles and etc.

Another way to look at it: It was amazing he took us to 8-8 with the worst defense in the league.

Rock Chalk
10-18-2009, 11:34 PM
bumping this post to show futility of this argument

Inaccurate.

This is a Jay Cutler thread, not a Bears game thread.

TheReverend
10-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Inaccurate.

This is a Jay Cutler thread, not a Bears game thread.

Sorry, you're right. It's just the title of the thread that threw me off.

BroncoMan4ever
10-18-2009, 11:38 PM

so by that logic, since Orton actually got into the end zone both times on his pair or 90+ yard drives, how much of a stud is he?

he looks like the only franchise QB that was involved in the Bears - Broncos trade.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:41 PM
The good news is that the Bears has a QB that will make sure the spread of fail does get around. All around him and not a mirror in sight.

When did he do that? I watched the presser, and he did not do that.

I guess you missed the 90-yard 4th quarter drives, eh? Anybody who pretends those drives weren't clutch quarterbacking just isn't very smart.

azbroncfan
10-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Another way to look at it: It was amazing he took us to 8-8 with the worst defense in the league.

Not really as he played against some teams that had some pretty bad Defense's or Offense's of their own. San Diego early on was pretty bad, New Orleans couldn't stop anyone, Cleveland sucked, Oakland, Kansas City. There are five of you wins there and the guy is 0-5 in playoff clinching games in Denver and was 2-2 against Oakland and KC last year. He just doesn't have the win in him and loses in a flashy stat fashion.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Not really as he played against some teams that had some pretty bad Defense's or Offense's of their own. San Diego early on was pretty bad, New Orleans couldn't stop anyone, Cleveland sucked, Oakland, Kansas City. There are five of you wins there and the guy is 0-5 in playoff clinching games in Denver and was 2-2 against Oakland and KC last year. He just doesn't have the win in him and loses in a flashy stat fashion.

Now who's making excuses? :~ohyah!:

Rock Chalk
10-18-2009, 11:47 PM
so by that logic, since Orton actually got into the end zone both times on his pair or 90+ yard drives, how much of a stud is he?

he looks like the only franchise QB that was involved in the Bears - Broncos trade.

*sigh*

Orton had 2 90+ yard drives but will never have the love and affection of Cutler because he cant throw a red zone pick as pretty as Cutler.

It's just one of those things man.

BroncoDoug
10-18-2009, 11:49 PM

two 90+ yard drives = 7 points is not stud.

5 TD passes in 1 quarter = stud.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Defending Jay tonight is easy, despite all the nonsense in here.

Guys please understand: Reality exists independently of your willingness to accept it. And the reality is Jay is an excellent quarterback. Most of what you guys are saying, all the Jay-hating ... this board is the ONLY PLACE ON EARTH it's being said. The fact you think otherwise is truly delusional.

I can't wait for tomorrow night, for something that really matters ;D

BroncoMan4ever
10-18-2009, 11:52 PM
*sigh*

Orton had 2 90+ yard drives but will never have the love and affection of Cutler because he cant throw a red zone pick as pretty as Cutler.

it is sad that it will take Orton ****ting the bed like Cutler for him to finally get the praise he deserves.

broncocalijohn
10-18-2009, 11:53 PM

while i totally believe you (Pace was brought in for Cutler's sake?), I am wondering what your moniker is over there? I know Cutlerfan was taken from that Cutler tool that used to be here, but am I close if I guess and say Spooge4Cutler ? :twokisses

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:54 PM

I wasn't talking about Orton ... Orton has been much better than Jay this year, no doubt. No argument here.

Maybe later, after I expand the delusional cortex of my brain like you ;D

BroncoBuff
10-18-2009, 11:55 PM
while i totally believe you (Pace was brought in for Cutler's sake?), I am wondering what your moniker is over there? I know Cutlerfan was taken from that Cutler tool that used to be here, but am I close if I guess and say Spooge4Cutler ? :twokisses

No, I just like Jay. I'm still a fan of his, I just like the way he plays, so sue me ;D

And unlike many in here, I can watch him play with an objective eye. And my objective eye says Jay was a stone-cold stud in the 4th quarter tonight. Surprised so many disagree ... it's not really debateable.

azbroncfan
10-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Now who's making excuses? :~ohyah!:

No excuses Jay just isn't a winner. It's hard to argue that he is. You have to be exhausted for constantly defending/sucking him off. All I want to know is how come he can't win a big game against a good team to save his life? Until you can answer that you should just quit.

BroncoMan4ever
I guess you missed the 90-yard 4th quarter drives, eh? Anybody who pretends those drives weren't clutch quarterbacking just isn't very smart.

i don't care if he takes his team 98 yards, if he doesn't get any points it doesn;t matter.

that is what separates the studs from the rest of the pack. when they take their team 90+ yards, they don't allow a drive to stall and come away with nothing

tsiguy96
haha, bears fans complaining about his post game pressers. sounds familiar...
http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1852602.aspx

broncocalijohn
When did he do that? I watched the presser, and he did not do that.

I see it when he throws in INT. It is their fault, not theirs. I think he has become a lot smarter to try to hide his emotions and not say anything in public. I think he is the type of player/man that would throw his teammates under a bus. You know i felt about this when he was with the Broncos so it isnt something I say because I dont like him now.... I pretty much didnt like his personality last few years.

azbroncfan
10-18-2009, 11:58 PM
No, I just like Jay. I'm still a fan of his, I just like the way he plays, so sue me ;D

And unlike many in here, I can watch him play with an objective eye. And my objective eye says Jay was a stone-cold stud in the 4th quarter tonight. Surprised so many disagree ... it's not really debateable.

He did play great in the 4th but it was his bonehead picks early in the game that cost his team a chance to be the frontrunners in the game.

HAT
10-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Jay got them one! Don't forget that ...

But then .... they needed a SECOND touchdown, he moved them 90 yards, but was pushed back by penalties and didn't get in.

Jay got them one when they needed two.

The second drive went 78 yards...Not 90.

So the penalties are the excuse for not scoring the second TD but no mention of the huge 3rd down PI calls that helped the Bears keep those drives alive?

Chicago - 9:39
1st-10, CHI8 9:39 J. Cutler rushed to the right for 30 yard gain
1st-10, CHI38 9:39 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, CHI38 9:02 J. Cutler passed to M. Forte to the right for 2 yard gain
3rd-8, CHI40 8:15 ATL committed 23 yard penalty
1st-10, ATL37 8:10 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, ATL37 8:03 CHI committed 10 yard penalty
2nd-20, ATL47 7:38 J. Cutler passed to G. Olsen to the right for 41 yard gain
1st-6, ATL6 6:54 M. Forte rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
2nd-2, ATL2 6:18 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the left
3rd-2, ATL2 6:14 J. Cutler passed to G. Olsen down the middle for 2 yard touchdown. R. Gould made PAT

Chicago - 2:55
1st-10, CHI12 2:55 J. Cutler passed to D. Hester to the right for 6 yard gain
2nd-4, CHI18 2:22 J. Cutler passed to D. Hester down the middle for 34 yard gain
1st-10, ATL48 2:13 J. Cutler passed to M. Forte down the middle for 13 yard gain
1st-10, ATL35 2:00 ATL committed 5 yard penalty
1st-5, ATL30 1:47 J. Cutler passed to D. Hester to the left for 6 yard gain
1st-10, ATL24 1:22 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, ATL24 1:17 J. Cutler sacked by J. Babineaux and J. Abraham
3rd-17, ATL31 1:07 ATL committed 17 yard penalty
1st-10, ATL14 1:05 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the left
2nd-10, ATL14 1:05 CHI committed 5 yard penalty
2nd-15, ATL19 1:01 CHI committed 10 yard penalty
2nd-25, ATL29 0:56 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the right
3rd-25, ATL29 0:49 J. Cutler passed to E. Bennett to the left for 24 yard gain
4th-1, ATL5 0:34 CHI committed 5 yard penalty
4th-6, ATL10 0:29 J. Cutler incomplete pass down the middle

Spin it how you want....But Cutler did what he does best:

Make some nice pretty throws, rack up lot's of yards that don't translate into points, lose a football game.

His QBR was in the 70's tonight...The very definition of average.

BroncoDoug
10-18-2009, 11:59 PM
i don't care if he takes his team 98 yards, if he doesn't get any points it doesn;t matter.

that is what separates the studs from the rest of the pack. when they take their team 90+ yards, they don't allow a drive to stall and come away with nothing

this. being efficent in the red zone is HUGE!

look at the 2007 patriots stats in the red zone...scary good

tom brady = stud.

Popps
10-19-2009, 12:00 AM
We're still talking about The Franchise?

Look, the guy threw a couple of INTs off of his back foot. Business as usual. Then he moped around and finally had a decent drive or two. Business as usual. Then he pissed himself with the game on the line.

Business as usual.

Again, when Jay stops putting his team in two turnover holes and crapping himself at crunch time, we can start talking about "franchise" quarterbacks.

Right now, he's a loser with a losing record who has pretty yardage stats while again being 2nd worst in the league and taking care of the football.

Anyway, no one wants to talk to me today about how "****ed" we are to have Chicago's pick next year instead of ours. When are we going to talk about that!? That was a really popular topic of conversation around here in the off-season and now... not so much.

TheReverend
10-19-2009, 12:01 AM

Matt Ryan's was in the 60s and he left with a W.

Who cares?

Rock Chalk
10-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Rev, were you around when Taco tried to create some ridiculous QB formula to prove Plummer was bad even though Denver kept winning?

Point is, stats are pretty worthless except the turnover stat. It is the only consistent statistic that can give you a good idea of who wins ball games. Its not 100% but its upwards of 85%+.

If you take away the score and all the other stats and say this team had 1 turnover and this team had 4 turnovers. Most of the time you can safely assume team with 1 turnover won the game and team with 4 turnovers lost the game.

When turnovers are even, it comes down to WHERE the turnovers occurred. When team A has a turnover in the red zone and Team B did not, Team B wins over 90% of the time. (I dont remember the exact stat on this but I read this article on football outsiders a couple of years ago, about the correlation of turnovers to wins).

Not all wins are on the QB and not all losses are on teh QB. But with Cutler, its boom or bust. It almost always is on him because of his turnovers. When he played without turning the ball over, they won games. When he turns the ball over more than once in a game, Jay Cutler does not win. Period. And that,my friends, is why Jay Cutler is not a franchise QB. He does not take care of the ball and his talent is not enough to overcome his own idiocy.

BroncoDoug
10-19-2009, 12:09 AM
We're still talking about The Franchise?

Look, the guy threw a couple of INTs off of his back foot. Business as usual. Then he moped around and finally had a decent drive or two. Business as usual. Then he pissed himself with the game on the line.

Business as usual.

Again, when Jay stops putting his team in two turnover holes and crapping himself at crunch time, we can start talking about "franchise" quarterbacks.

Right now, he's a loser with a losing record who has pretty yardage stats while again being 2nd worst in the league and taking care of the football.

Anyway, no one wants to talk to me today about how "****ed" we are to have Chicago's pick next year instead of ours. When are we going to talk about that!? That was a really popular topic of conversation around here in the off-season and now... not so much.

yeah, even though its still fairly early, McD looks a little smarter every day for that move.

HAT
10-19-2009, 12:10 AM

Who cares?

Ummmm....I'm not the one littering this thread with a retarded notion that Ryan played great tonight am I?

TheReverend
10-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Rev, were you around when Taco tried to create some ridiculous QB formula to prove Plummer was bad even though Denver kept winning?

Point is, stats are pretty worthless except the turnover stat. It is the only consistent statistic that can give you a good idea of who wins ball games. Its not 100% but its upwards of 85%+.

If you take away the score and all the other stats and say this team had 1 turnover and this team had 4 turnovers. Most of the time you can safely assume team with 1 turnover won the game and team with 4 turnovers lost the game.

When turnovers are even, it comes down to WHERE the turnovers occurred. When team A has a turnover in the red zone and Team B did not, Team B wins over 90% of the time. (I dont remember the exact stat on this but I read this article on football outsiders a couple of years ago, about the correlation of turnovers to wins).

Not all wins are on the QB and not all losses are on teh QB. But with Cutler, its boom or bust. It almost always is on him because of his turnovers. When he played without turning the ball over, they won games. When he turns the ball over more than once in a game, Jay Cutler does not win. Period. And that,my friends, is why Jay Cutler is not a franchise QB. He does not take care of the ball and his talent is not enough to overcome his own idiocy.

Too tired to adequately respond. I agree with main theme.

Ummmm....I'm not the one littering this thread with a retarded notion that Ryan played great tonight am I?

No. I'm just trying in vain to point out this entire discussion is retarded. We're Broncos fans and football fans. It was an exciting game to watch and in the end Denver's draft status benefits. That's all I really care about.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:15 AM
No excuses Jay just isn't a winner. It's hard to argue that he is.
No it's not, it's easy to argue ... ready? Here we go: It's amazing Jay Cutler led us to an 8-8 record, despite us having the worst defense in the league and seven RBs on IR. Truly amazing. Most teams - teams with mere mortal quarterbacks, and 7 RBs on IR and the worst defense in the league would've finished 4-12, MAYBE 5-11.

See how easy? ;D

All I want to know is how come he can't win a big game against a good team to save his life? Until you can answer that you should just quit.His 4th quarter comeback against Cleveland last year was an historic comeback.

He beat the Jets and the Falcons, too ... despite 7 RBs on IR and the WORST DEFENSE In THE LEAGUE. And he put up BIG numbers in 2007 despite losing 35 pounds and sleeping 12 hours a day and having no energy ... what a courageous leader to soldier on through that condition, never once asked to be taken out of a game, either.

Maybe THAT'S why there was a feeding frenzy to throw 1st round picks at us to get him, ya figure? You think maybe that's what they were thinking? Hmmm?

Or do all the Jay-haters on this little site know something the rest of the world does not?

See now, that was an EASY argument!

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:15 AM
This is FUN!

azbroncfan
10-19-2009, 12:16 AM

Great post Alec. I always have stated that Cutler will win you 4 games but lose you 4 too which is similar to what you say there. He is too much of a turnover machine not with just INT's but Fumbles too.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:17 AM
He did play great in the 4th but it was his bonehead picks early in the game that cost his team a chance to be the frontrunners in the game.

Well one interception did definitely, as did the Forte fumble.

But those were very early in the game.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:18 AM

I miss the Plummer moving pocket :-(

azbroncfan
10-19-2009, 12:20 AM

Who cares?

Yep even though Ryan didn't play too great he didn't throw picks and doesn't take sacks. Guy is a the best young QB since Manning in my opinion.

TheReverend
10-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Yep even though Ryan didn't play too great he didn't throw picks and doesn't take sacks. Guy is a the best young QB since Manning in my opinion.

Didn't watch the game...?

BroncoDoug
10-19-2009, 12:22 AM
No it's not, it's easy to argue ... ready? Here we go: It's amazing Jay Cutler led us to an 8-8 record, despite us having the worst defense in the league and seven RBs on IR. Truly amazing. Most teams - teams with mere mortal quarterbacks, and 7 RBs on IR and the worst defense in the league would've finished 4-12, MAYBE 5-11.

See how easy? ;D

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but just wanted to play a little devils advocate. Look at NE just last year, they also lost 6 or 7 RB to injury/IR and had a very bad defense. They played the whole year with what I'll call a "mortal quarterback" in Matt Cassell and were 11-5...

continue, I'm officially done with anything that has to do with Cutler from this point on. Go BRONCOS 5-0 and in first place!!

azbroncfan
10-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Well one interception did definitely, as did the Forte fumble.

But those were very early in the game.

Your a waste of time to argue with. If Cutler doesn't throw those picks Chicago is probably up 13-0 and 10-0 at worse. See you Cutler homers just don't get it, you can't win with a turnover prone QB and Cutler is one. Ryan was off more than Cutler was but didn't make the 2 bad INT's or take sacks. The guy has it Jay does not. Jay has enough to be in the league for a long time but he fumbles and throw's INT's too much to win.

azbroncfan
10-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Didn't watch the game...?

Yeah he threw one pick but the other one was a great pass that the reciever popped up into the air. There is no comparison in these two QB's. One is a cocky diabetic drunk who is a loser and the other is a Top Notch Franchise QB who is a legit leader and has won in the NFL.

TheReverend
10-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah he threw one pick but the other one was a great pass that the reciever popped up into the air. There is no comparison in these two QB's. One is a cocky diabetic drunk who is a loser and the other is a Top Notch Franchise QB who is a legit leader and has won in the NFL.

Not getting sucked into another Cutler conversation.

Night guys.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Jay got them one when they needed two.

The second drive went 78 yards...Not 90.

So the penalties are the excuse for not scoring the second TD but no mention of the huge 3rd down PI calls that helped the Bears keep those drives alive?

Chicago - 9:39
1st-10, CHI8 9:39 J. Cutler rushed to the right for 30 yard gain
1st-10, CHI38 9:39 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, CHI38 9:02 J. Cutler passed to M. Forte to the right for 2 yard gain
3rd-8, CHI40 8:15 ATL committed 23 yard penalty
1st-10, ATL37 8:10 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, ATL37 8:03 CHI committed 10 yard penalty
2nd-20, ATL47 7:38 J. Cutler passed to G. Olsen to the right for 41 yard gain
1st-6, ATL6 6:54 M. Forte rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
2nd-2, ATL2 6:18 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the left
3rd-2, ATL2 6:14 J. Cutler passed to G. Olsen down the middle for 2 yard touchdown. R. Gould made PAT

Chicago - 2:55
1st-10, CHI12 2:55 J. Cutler passed to D. Hester to the right for 6 yard gain
2nd-4, CHI18 2:22 J. Cutler passed to D. Hester down the middle for 34 yard gain
1st-10, ATL48 2:13 J. Cutler passed to M. Forte down the middle for 13 yard gain
1st-10, ATL35 2:00 ATL committed 5 yard penalty
1st-5, ATL30 1:47 J. Cutler passed to D. Hester to the left for 6 yard gain
1st-10, ATL24 1:22 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, ATL24 1:17 J. Cutler sacked by J. Babineaux and J. Abraham
3rd-17, ATL31 1:07 ATL committed 17 yard penalty
1st-10, ATL14 1:05 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the left
2nd-10, ATL14 1:05 CHI committed 5 yard penalty
2nd-15, ATL19 1:01 CHI committed 10 yard penalty
2nd-25, ATL29 0:56 J. Cutler incomplete pass to the right
3rd-25, ATL29 0:49 J. Cutler passed to E. Bennett to the left for 24 yard gain
4th-1, ATL5 0:34 CHI committed 5 yard penalty
4th-6, ATL10 0:29 J. Cutler incomplete pass down the middle
MY MISTAKE!

87 yard-drive, not 90+. From Bears 8 to Falcons 5 ... boy is my face red! :wave:

And 3 penalties on the last 4 plays? Man, Jay CHOKED! Any decent quarterback could push his team 92 yards for a TD and then 87 yards, and overcome 3 offensive penalties on the last 4 plays ... Jay is WEAK!

Kind of in the 70s .... 79.8 :spit:

This is just too easy.

Once again, you guys do realize that this little site is the only place on Earth where these opinions about Jay are taken even a tiny bit seriously ... I mean, you do realize that, don't you?

BroncoMan4ever
10-19-2009, 01:14 AM
He beat the Jets and the Falcons, too ... despite 7 RBs on IR and the WORST DEFENSE In THE LEAGUE. And he put up BIG numbers in 2007 despite losing 35 pounds and sleeping 12 hours a day and having no energy ... what a courageous leader to soldier on through that condition, never once asked to be taken out of a game, either.

sorry to burst your bubble but Hillis beat the Jets and also had 2 of our 3 TDs against Atlanta in one of the only games of the season that our defense actually showed up.

Archer81
10-19-2009, 01:25 AM
MY MISTAKE!

And 3 penalties on the last 4 plays? Man, Jay CHOKED! Any decent quarterback could push his team 92 yards for a TD and then 87 yards, and overcome 3 offensive penalties on the last 4 plays ... Jay is WEAK!]

Orton had 90 and 98 yard scoring drives against NE to force OT where he ultimately won...

just saying...

Hilarious!:curtsey:

:Broncos:

cutthemdown
10-19-2009, 02:13 AM
Cutler very talented. I think the point is more you don't really need to give up a good starting QB and 2 first round picks to get the production Cutler gives you. It makes more sense to grab qbs in the draft or through FA you feel you can win with, then coach them up, then give them an offense they can execute.

As good as Cutler is he can't win by himself. If you can't win by yourself then you aren't worth 2 first round picks and a solid NFL QB in a trade.

Cutler is probably being held to too high a standard. But it's because at this point Broncos traded quite a bit to move up and get him, then Bears gave a good player and 2 first round picks for him.

He compared himself to Elway, said he was on same level as Manning and Brady, demanded a trade, for those reason people expecting more then 3-2 2 1/2 games out of first place.

For Orton its the opposite. He expecatations were lower and is he is crushing them.

cutthemdown
10-19-2009, 02:18 AM
If you do make a big move for a QB it better work out how Elway did. Cutler has all the tools to get it done, but he just seems to be inconsistent. Every once in awhile he uncorks a pass that is just horrid. Then other times he doesn't seem like he is acting in a way that will make players want to follow him.

People tend to shy away from talented people who seem upset and uninterested.

Rohirrim
10-19-2009, 03:24 AM
I'm not sure why I love Jay so much, but I do.

Ewwwwww! That's just creepy.

rastaman
10-19-2009, 05:06 AM
No real fan would ever have a 2nd team let alone a 3rd.

Rasta thinks he's being progressive, that's what a fool he is.

Shhhhhhhh......okay one more time Cutty, I'm a Bronco fan and a Cutler fan. If you can't deal with that.....you got problems deeper than I thought. The Human brain is capable of so much more. Why limit freedom of choice!:peace:

Psst! Stay a narrow minded all or nothing Broncos Fan....no one will fault ya!:wiggle:

rastaman
10-19-2009, 05:12 AM
If you do make a big move for a QB it better work out how Elway did. Cutler has all the tools to get it done, but he just seems to be inconsistent. Every once in awhile he uncorks a pass that is just horrid. Then other times he doesn't seem like he is acting in a way that will make players want to follow him.

People tend to shy away from talented people who seem upset and uninterested.

Makes you wonder the implosion of the OM had this forum been around in the 80's and 90's when the Broncos were getting blown out in all those SB's. Of course Elway was getting the Lion share of the blame of being labeled as a poor leader, a choker, and loser! Anyone remember those times!

But getting back to Cutler. The Bears players believe that with Cutler they're in every game and have a chance to win all those games he's quarter backing. Cutler is keeping the Bears in every game, despite no running attack and opposing teams keying in on the pass.

Cutler and the Bears have a bright future. Just gotta fix the O Line and get Forte rolling up some 100 yard games.

rastaman
10-19-2009, 05:18 AM
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but just wanted to play a little devils advocate. Look at NE just last year, they also lost 6 or 7 RB to injury/IR and had a very bad defense. They played the whole year with what I'll call a "mortal quarterback" in Matt Cassell and were 11-5...

continue, I'm officially done with anything that has to do with Cutler from this point on. Go BRONCOS 5-0 and in first place!!

NAW you'll be back! The hatred for Cutler is so addicting its like CRACK!:sunshine:

cutthemdown
10-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Shhhhhhhh......okay one more time Cutty, I'm a Bronco fan and a Cutler fan. If you can't deal with that.....you got problems deeper than I thought. The Human brain is capable of so much more. Why limit freedom of choice!:peace:

Psst! Stay a narrow minded all or nothing Broncos Fan....no one will fault ya!:wiggle:

I can deal with it fine I will always be a diehard Broncos fan. You're just a pathetic excuse for a fan and everyone on the board agrees. Go up to a Broncos player and ask them if the fact Broncos only one of your favorite teams makes you a weak ass fan. Tell them you like to see Cutler play well because you are still a fan of his. Tell them how if Broncos lose instead of being a diehard you just flip the channel to another team you like and start pulling for them.

Go ahead, see what they say.

rastaman
10-19-2009, 06:34 AM
I can deal with it fine I will always be a diehard Broncos fan. You're just a pathetic excuse for a fan and everyone on the board agrees. Go up to a Broncos player and ask them if the fact Broncos only one of your favorite teams makes you a weak ass fan. Tell them you like to see Cutler play well because you are still a fan of his. Tell them how if Broncos lose instead of being a diehard you just flip the channel to another team you like and start pulling for them.

Go ahead, see what they say.

Oh I see now......if you're not a fanantical die-hard Kamakze Bronco fan in your narrow minded limited way of thinking---I'm not a fan! How far you are from the truth. But then again the truth and freedom of choice is ignored and not important to "Mob Rule" and "Fanatical Group Think"!

All you Mob Rule Bronco fans need some serious counseling. Take care!:giggle:

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Why not just add like 5-6 more teams to your fandom? That way you better your chances at being happy.

You progressive thinker you!!! You are out to change everything that makes sports popular. You think those rabid fans you see at the games all over the country have 2nd favorite teams? You think those Raider fans that continue to dress up and make the black hole what it is care about any other team? Hell I have more respect for a rabid loyal Raider fan then I do you.

You are a pathetic excuse for a fan.

^this!!!

Rep!

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 07:36 AM
This is a good one:

haha, bears fans complaining about his post game pressers. sounds familiar...
http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1852602.aspxIf he wants to win he can start but not throwing red zone picks and overthrowing open wr's.

McCutler/ err McBroncoBuff?

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 07:41 AM

You can have your "freedom of choice". No one can nor will take that from you.

How many different team jerseys do you have in your closet?

Rohirrim
10-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Makes you wonder the implosion of the OM had this forum been around in the 80's and 90's when the Broncos were getting blown out in all those SB's. Of course Elway was getting the Lion share of the blame of being labeled as a poor leader, a choker, and loser! Anyone remember those times!

But getting back to Cutler. The Bears players believe that with Cutler they're in every game and have a chance to win all those games he's quarter backing. Cutler is keeping the Bears in every game, despite no running attack and opposing teams keying in on the pass.

Cutler and the Bears have a bright future. Just gotta fix the O Line and get Forte rolling up some 100 yard games.

By this time in his career, Elway had conducted The Drive. I don't care how long Cutler's career goes. He'll never do the same. He is not a leader. He has a good arm.

rastaman
10-19-2009, 08:49 AM
You can have your "freedom of choice". No one can nor will take that from you.

How many different team jerseys do you have in your closet?

Why buy team Jersey's....they're too freaking expensive. Besides, Bowlen is rich enough! :sunshine:

Don't worry, as you get older, you'll see the futility and waste of it all.LOL

But Bowlen thanks you all the way to the BANK!

rastaman
10-19-2009, 08:51 AM
By this time in his career, Elway had conducted The Drive. I don't care how long Cutler's career goes. He'll never do the same. He is not a leader. He has a good arm.

Cutler managed to duplicate the Elway Helicopter for a TD two weeks ago!:sunshine:

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Cutler managed to duplicate the Elway Helicopter for a TD two weeks ago!:sunshine:

With that, a buck and a coupon you can get yourself a McCafe.LOL

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Why buy team Jersey's..... !

....especially if you have numerous "favorite" teams.....

Broncoman13
10-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Cutler very talented. I think the point is more you don't really need to give up a good starting QB and 2 first round picks to get the production Cutler gives you. It makes more sense to grab qbs in the draft or through FA you feel you can win with, then coach them up, then give them an offense they can execute.

This!

But tell me, if we're drafting at #19 (Bears pick) and Sam Bradford has slipped there... do you take him?

As good as Cutler is he can't win by himself. If you can't win by yourself then you aren't worth 2 first round picks and a solid NFL QB in a trade.

Nobody can win by themselves. Kind of a weak argument. You put Peyton Manning in Oakland and they'd win more games... agree?

Cutler is probably being held to too high a standard. But it's because at this point Broncos traded quite a bit to move up and get him, then Bears gave a good player and 2 first round picks for him.

Cutler is being held to a high standard b/c he is POTENTIALLY a great QB. He hasn't lived up to that potential yet, but with the right coaching he has the ability to be special. Shanny could have been that coach had he held Cutler accountable. The way Shanny was with Jake Plummer would have resulted in Cutler being a much more efficient QB and protecting the ball.

He compared himself to Elway, said he was on same level as Manning and Brady, demanded a trade, for those reason people expecting more then 3-2 2 1/2 games out of first place.

Bingo, Cutler doesn't lack confidence and he is a proven moron when it comes to opening his mouth and comparing himself to NFL greats.

For Orton its the opposite. He expecatations were lower and is he is crushing them.

I agree 100%... so why is everyone so upset that the media doubts the Broncos even now?

Good post.

Broncoman13
10-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Oh if I were you I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up at CU. But Coach Talkins has to stop winning!

He not only gets to keep his house but he also has business interest around Denver. He can get his son to come back. Kyle always wanted to play at CU but ended up in NC. My best friend played football with him at Creek and I hung out with him so I can say that with some certainty.

The problem is the public perception of buying out Talkins in this economy and then paying Shanny what he is worth.

Kyle ended up at NC? Northern Colorado? I don't know where he was before his time at UT, but I do know he went to Texas for at least two years.

theAPAOps5
10-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Kyle ended up at NC? Northern Colorado? I don't know where he was before his time at UT, but I do know he went to Texas for at least two years.

Yeah I misspoke don't even ask where NC came from but it wasn't Northern Colorado. LOL good catch

rastaman
10-19-2009, 10:27 AM
With that, a buck and a coupon you can get yourself a McCafe.LOL

None the less, the Cutler Helicopter was Elway Esque! And he showed his desire and grittiness to win. Now all that needs to happen is the Bears O Line plays with the same determination. Say what you will about Cutler, but he doesn't quit. He wants to win so bad he's willing to make ill-adviced throws and throw the ball in tight windows all in the name of winning.

rastaman
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
....especially if you have numerous "favorite" teams.....

Whatever floats your boat dude. Go ahead and buy as many Bronco Jersey's until your is content! Bowlen says thank you very much.:~ohyah!:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-19-2009, 10:32 AM
None the less, the Cutler Helicopter was Elway Esque! And he showed his desire and grittiness to win. Now all that needs to happen is the Bears O Line plays with the same determination. Say what you will about Cutler, but he doesn't quit. He wants to win so bad he's willing to make ill-adviced throws and throw the ball in tight windows all in the name of winning.

Which is stupid. When he plays within himself and takes what the defense gives, he wins games. When he drives the bus (like Kyle Orton), he wins games. Last night, he turned it over, crashed the bus, and lost.

Kyle Orton does what it takes to win games too. Sometimes you have to throw the ball away and live to take another shot.

orangeatheist
10-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Say what you will about Cutler, but he doesn't quit. He wants to win so bad he's willing to make ill-adviced throws and throw the ball in tight windows all in the name of winning.

It may all be "in the name of winning" but as last night proved, it results instead in losing. We saw plenty of that in Denver last year.

Rasta, I've always wondered what causes some people to be trolls. You must be abundantly aware that few on this board --if any-- agree with your split loyalty. A majority of us are Broncos fans first, player fans second (if at all). So, knowing that few agree with you, and realizing the animosity your particular views cause, why have you decided to turn to trolling by continuing to stir the pot? Maybe if you can explain the joy you take from being labeled the village idiot --the Richard Henne of the Orangemane-- it will go a long way to explain the appeal of trolling in general.

Thank you in advance for explaining your odd behavior.

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Whatever floats your boat dude. Go ahead and buy as many Bronco Jersey's until your is content! Bowlen says thank you very much.:~ohyah!:

Huh?

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 11:18 AM
It may all be "in the name of winning" but as last night proved, it results instead in losing. We saw plenty of that in Denver last year.

Rasta, I've always wondered what causes some people to be trolls. You must be abundantly aware that few on this board --if any-- agree with your split loyalty. A majority of us are Broncos fans first, player fans second (if at all). So, knowing that few agree with you, and realizing the animosity your particular views cause, why have you decided to turn to trolling by continuing to stir the pot? Maybe if you can explain the joy you take from being labeled the village idiot --the Richard Henne of the Orangemane-- it will go a long way to explain the appeal of trolling in general.

Thank you in advance for explaining your odd behavior.

:spit:

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 11:21 AM

:spit:

USMCBladerunner
10-19-2009, 11:29 AM
he wants to win so bad, he loses.

what's so hard to understand about that? right rasta?

BroncoMan4ever
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM

he quits all the time. when a game turns bad or he is off his game and the team is behind he starts moping and basically shows through his body language, this game is over, we have lost.

his throwing stupid passes has nothing to do with wanting to win. it has to do with his ego telling him he can thread the ball through 3 defenders, and his stupid decision making.

look at Peyton Manning. one of the most competitive, hate to lose, loves winning players in the league. he doesn't have that stupidity in him saying i want to win so badly i am going to throw this ill advised pass into triple coverage to give us a chance, he finds the open guy or throws it away. lives to fight another in another down.

CEH
10-19-2009, 02:39 PM

Thats Cutler's problem, he doesn't know how to manage his weaknesses and throwing in tight windows is not always necessary. Throwing it away especially in the red zone when you know you're D will keep the other team under 24 is his problem.

After 3 1/2 years he has yet to figure out how to manage his weaknesses and he has several. It's not even up to a NFL coach to teach him. This is all on Cutler to grow up

cutthemdown
10-19-2009, 02:46 PM
So is Rasta saying that Cutler wants to win more, and is more competitive than Orton? College and his record in the pros would seem to counter that argument.

Ortons teammates always love him, that doesn't happen when your not competitive.

HAT
10-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Once again, you guys do realize that this little site is the only place on Earth where these opinions about Jay are taken even a tiny bit seriously ... I mean, you do realize that, don't you?

Just ran across this little gem on a handicapping site. LOL

Unread 10-19-2009, 12:45 PM #34
JinnRikki
Back In Black

Again, no respect for Orton and all the guy has ever done is win. I'm a
Bears fan I loved him when he was with Chicago and I'd trade ****ler right
now for him. He got the shaft in the Windy City taking the Bears to the
playoffs then being yanked because Grossman was off IR. Bears fans paid
for that bit of coaching wisdom and we continue to pay. Orton is not a
pretty boy, he's a get'r dun sort of player. I'll take a whole team of Kyle
Ortons any day.
Denver + whatever.
JinnRikki is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

rastaman
10-19-2009, 03:39 PM
So is Rasta saying that Cutler wants to win more, and is more competitive than Orton? College and his record in the pros would seem to counter that argument.

Ortons teammates always love him, that doesn't happen when your not competitive.

Where have I ever stated that Cutler wants to win more than Orton or is/was more Competitive than Orton!!! You are just adding unecessary fuel to the fire. Besides it was just last week that the Bears players believe they are in every game with Cutler behind center and believe Cutler gives them the best chance to win. Don't you think its a bit foolish to believe Cutler will continue to play this way his entire career!

Right now Cutler is forcing the issue/passes b/c the O Line can't get Forte untracked and opposing team are cheating on the pass b/c they know the Bears have no running attack. Cutler is going to turn the corner and stop making mistakes and the Bears will improve their running attack and offensive line woes. Will it happen this year, probably not.

Will the Bears make the playoffs with a lousy line and no running attack to speak of..I doubt it. But hey there's always next year. You guys are behaving as though Cutler is in his 30's and over 10 years in the league and will continue to make rookie bone headed mistakes. I can't see this scenario coming to fruition...but it could, I just have my doubts.

cutthemdown
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Where have I ever stated that Cutler wants to win more than Orton or is/was more Competitive than Orton!!! You are just adding unecessary fuel to the fire. Besides it was just last week that the Bears players believe they are in every game with Cutler behind center and believe Cutler gives them the best chance to win. Don't you think its a bit foolish to believe Cutler will continue to play this way his entire career!

Right now Cutler is forcing the issue/passes b/c the O Line can't get Forte untracked and opposing team are cheating on the pass b/c they know the Bears have no running attack. Cutler is going to turn the corner and stop making mistakes and the Bears will improve their running attack and offensive line woes. Will it happen this year, probably not.

Will the Bears make the playoffs with a lousy line and no running attack to speak of..I doubt it. But hey there's always next year. You guys are behaving as though Cutler is in his 30's and over 10 years in the league and will continue to make rookie bone headed mistakes. I can't see this scenario coming to fruition...but it could, I just have my doubts.

After this yr I could care less. I only care because I want Broncos pick to be better. And your right I don't understand how you can be a Broncos fan and a Bears fan. Your line to me that one is your favorite, and the other you pull for only if not playing number 1 is a joke to me.

You kiss Cutlers ass while finding every little thing wrong with Orton you can.

It's obvious that Jay is not 2 first round picks more valuable then Orton. Orton can make all the throws you need to have a great offense. Also Orton has fewer what the hell was that type throws.

If you watch Cutler he's bailing out on his backfoot again and its making his throws sail on him. 3 yrs into it and still his mechanics have not improved.

rastaman
10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
After this yr I could care less. I only care because I want Broncos pick to be better. And your right I don't understand how you can be a Broncos fan and a Bears fan. Your line to me that one is your favorite, and the other you pull for only if not playing number 1 is a joke to me.

You kiss Cutlers ass while finding every little thing wrong with Orton you can.

It's obvious that Jay is not 2 first round picks more valuable then Orton. Orton can make all the throws you need to have a great offense. Also Orton has fewer what the hell was that type throws.

If you watch Cutler he's bailing out on his backfoot again and its making his throws sail on him. 3 yrs into it and still his mechanics have not improved.

Well Cutty, points well taken. At this stage you and I have just agreed to disagree. We view and see Cutler differently. Cutler will have a long distinguish career as the Bears QB IMHO. Sure he has gotten off to a rough start but that doesn't say for the remainder of his career it will be unsuccessful and a failure.