PDA

View Full Version : New draft with franchise Qb

Elway777
10-16-2009, 08:20 PM
I think Mallet ,Clausen ,Looker and Bradford enter next years draft and next year will be the best time to get a franchise Qb. I think Mallet will go first then Clausen, Bradford and Looker.
The Broncos also trade Marcus Thomas for 3 round pick.

The Broncos draft

1. Jake Locker, The broncos get the right handed Steve Young . Locker in the wild horse formation would be crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FFC35A907680C989&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&v=BMfiq9CXss8

[2. Vince 0ghobasse, 6-5 AND 305 Pounds. He replaces Marcus Thomas.

3a. Maurkice Pauncey, I watched the Florida and LSU game and Pauncey was fast off the line in run blocking and has expeniance playing center for shootgun team spread offence. Future Pro bowler.

3b Mike Williams, this guy has first round tallet but will drop because of character issues over cheating in school.

4. Daryll Washington, Super fast middle linebacker from TCU that might replace Andre Davis someday.

6. Jeffery Fitzgerald, under rated defensive end prospect.

7. Joique Bell , leading rusher in college .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cOboBsqTvY&feature=related

lex
10-17-2009, 08:42 PM
I dont know about Locker but it looks like this might be a QB rich draft between Pike, Lefevour, Hiller, Bradford, Tebow, Locker, McCoy, Clausen(?). It just seems like there are more prospects this year and in particular 2nd roundish guys who could be really good.

Doggcow
10-17-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm getting more and more worried about Bradford... He keeps getting hurt...

nickademus
10-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Im not a huge fan of nd but clausen has really looked pretty good this year in previous years you could see the talent but he hadnt really put it all together but he was looking great against usc today almost beat them.

Rohirrim
10-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Clausen is a whiny punk like Theismann was. I would hate to see that punk on the Broncos.

Traveler
10-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Considering the play of our defense, I'm not quite sure what our most pressing team need is anymore.

I'd still like a more dominant DE or maybe look for a franchise QB. Anyone know who is the best DE coming out this year?

elsid13
10-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Considering the play of our defense, I'm not quite sure what our most pressing team need is anymore.

I'd still like a more dominant DE or maybe look for a franchise QB. Anyone know who is the best DE coming out this year?

- Dunlap (JR) from Florida has best physical talent but has yet to flash it.
- Boo Robinson (SR) Wake Forest is DT that would push to DE in 3-4. Solid player that will hold the line, but will not attack the QB
- Brandon Deaderick (bama) (SR) doesn't get a lot face time playing next to Cody but a very very good DE
- Jared Odrick, Penn State (SR), DT that could also move to DE in 3/4 similiar to Marcus Thomas
-Vince Oghobaase, Duke , (SR) similar to Fields and Thomas able to play both DT/DE
- Arthur Jones Syracuse, (SR) DT/DE that very physical gifted and would be able to attack the line of scrimmage
- Corey Wootton (SR)- Northwestern, most complete DE in the pack reminds of Chris Canty coming out of UVA
- Allen Bailey (JR) -DT out of the U. Very raw started as MLB and moved to DT, physical freak but super strong and fast. He reminds of Seymour or Pryce. He will take a year or two to develop but he shows that flash, when talk about special players.

elsid13
10-22-2009, 04:57 PM
BTW Locker is a top 8 pick if he comes out. He won't be available in latter part of the 1st round

Pick Six
10-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Umm...I don't know if you've heard or not, but the QB we currently have is pretty good....:welcome:

Elway777
10-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Umm...I don't know if you've heard or not, but the QB we currently have is pretty good....:welcome:
Yes Orton is having a great season behind a offensive line that gives him 8 seconds to throw the ball .I just don't know if Orton has what it takes to lead the Broncos to the promise land.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Maybe you should give him the benefit of a full season first before you declare that he'll never lead them to a SB victory?

Bronco Warrior
10-24-2009, 06:25 PM
BrandStater is a big guy with mobility and a Big Arm, but Locker has really impressed me. He is my pick of QBs in the draft! A perfect QB for this system..since it was invented at BYU would be Max Hall. Great stats..but has choked some in big games!

Bronco Warrior
10-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Orton is funtional but doesn't have the physical tools of Brandstater, Locker or Even Max Hall..who would be a perfect fit for the system

iforgotmypassword
10-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Clausen? atleast similiar offense right? does anyone know the major differences in a 3-4 DE and a NT, seems to me your looking for A. size, B. Gap responsibility, and then C. get to the QB.... just seems like NT's are bigger, better DE's... anywho, what pick would we need to land either Cody or Suh, and if we got Cody could/would Feilds be an effective DE???

27atwater
11-01-2009, 07:38 AM
I dont know about Locker but it looks like this might be a QB rich draft between Pike, Lefevour, Hiller, Bradford, Tebow, Locker, McCoy, Clausen(?). It just seems like there are more prospects this year and in particular 2nd roundish guys who could be really good.

The coaches may actually like Brandstater and that Orton dude, so I'd hate to take a QB too highly this year. I LOVE Lefevour if we go QB at all.

Elway777
11-03-2009, 12:18 AM
The coaches may actually like Brandstater and that Orton dude, so I'd hate to take a QB too highly this year. I LOVE Lefevour if we go QB at all. I still want to keep Orton but would draft Qb if one fall to Broncos. Locker going to need a couple of years to adjust to NFl. The Broncos having Orton ,Locker and Bradstater at QB would be nice.

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Locker is the best for a Spread offense like ours and is a better passerr then Tebow by a mile!. I would rather see something from Brandstater who was very Lockeresque at Fresno and is a fiery competitor with great size and a Cannon arm. Would like to see what we have there before we go for Locker, and don't hink there is another 1st round grade QB that matches up with the system we run.

Bronco Warrior
11-03-2009, 10:19 AM
I still want to keep Orton but would draft Qb if one fall to Broncos. Locker going to need a couple of years to adjust to NFl. The Broncos having Orton ,Locker and Bradstater at QB would be nice.

BrandStater, Simms and Locker would be better ;)

Baba Booey
11-12-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm hoping we go QB, then in the second round if Bailey from Miami drops we pick him. I'm a Miami fan and let me tell you, once this kid picks up an NFL system he is going to be a monster. Almost 300 pounds of solid muscle.

Paladin
11-12-2009, 11:22 PM
If the Broncos' pick is in the top ten in the Draft, I would not be surprised if the pick were traded, and the top pick would be a big Guard or a big Dlineman. Even a LB. The second pick could be a CB. After that, I'd see another big lineman....

I just think McD will develop Brandstater before he drafts another QB.....

Just MO.....

elsid13
11-13-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm hoping we go QB, then in the second round if Bailey from Miami drops we pick him. I'm a Miami fan and let me tell you, once this kid picks up an NFL system he is going to be a monster. Almost 300 pounds of solid muscle.

Bailey isn't going to last to the second, to much potential upside. I like him too, but like you stated he raw, and need a good d-line coach to make great.

27atwater
11-18-2009, 03:59 PM
BrandStater, Simms and Locker would be better ;)

Ummmm...

Cleo McDowell
11-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Clausen's got talent but whats up with him and his boys?

http://206forthetwenties.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/jimmy-clausen.jpg

http://frattinghard.com/wp-content/uploads/hotti.jpg

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/8462/lee_hotti_list_view.jpg

Broncos_OTM
11-19-2009, 02:41 PM
dude are they wearing lipstick... dude whats up with qbs and ND.. well i guess they are in indiana which makes alot of sense.

ward63
12-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Why do you want to replace Thomas? He's been solid all year?

bpc
12-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Locker has a lot of potential but he's going to take awhile to make pro ready. He has the arm, the athletic ability but his game experience is severely lacking. He reminds me of McNabb's raw potential coming out but even he was more polished. Anybody taking Locker needs to sit him for at least a year, maybe more to teach him how to read defenses and such.

I like Jimmy Clausen. I think he has a live arm, can move in the pocket when needed. He varies his throws between short and long but has great touch on the football. His skills are similar to Sanchez last year but better IMO. He'll have to work on his 3 quarter delivery throwing the football. That will be getting a lot more play by analysts over the coming weeks.

This draft is deep at QB. If Bradford had not been hurt, I like his skills a lot. Now people have to wonder about his shoulder and if he can take a hit. I wouldn't bet money on his shoulder though. Wait on damaged goods. Besides this draft is deep enough... a guy like Pike compares closely to his skills. I also like Mallett for the record from Arkansas.

The guy rising up my board is Derrick Morgan. The guy is a fabulous player, great pass rusher, attacks blockers vs. the run and pass. He knows how to move. I think he could be a stand up OLB at the next level, that's how fluid his hips are. It will take him some time but I think he has the goods to be a great pass rusher at the next level and I don't see anything wrong with us investing more resources to make sure we keep getting after the QB in a major way.

We're finding out that when teams scheme around Elvis, they have more time to pass. A great pass rusher offsetting him would be an excellent addition to us, and a smarter addition than reaching for a QB early just because we need one.

I like Derrick Morgan if we can stay at #9 or #10 in this draft.

BTW, Vince Ogabasse isn't that good from Duke. I watched him and he's like a watered down Trevor Pryce. He doesn't handle blockers real well, plays high and gets blown off the ball on running downs. I wouldn't touch that guy before the 3rd or possibly even the 4th round. His upside might be good but he already has the look of a bust attached to him in my eyes. He doesn't bring it like it would need to come on the nfl level.