PDA

View Full Version : Moreno still a bust?

Bronco Warrior
10-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Lot of people on other pages think Moreno is a bust! I have a visual aid to help define the difference for those still confused!

cutthemdown
10-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Moreno won't be as explosive as some of the top backs but he runs with power and has some good wiggle. He reminds me of Emmit Smith a little bit. He's going to have a productive career if he can stop fumbling the ball.

Popps
10-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Watermock says he's not fast enough.

BroncoMan4ever
10-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Moreno won't be as explosive as some of the top backs but he runs with power and has some good wiggle. He reminds me of Emmit Smith a little bit. He's going to have a productive career if he can stop fumbling the ball.

he is still suffering from missing a lot of time in the offseason and preseason.

the missed time is causing him to overthink things and prevents him from just playing football like he is used to.

he never fumbled in college, so he isn't a guy with fumble problems. he just needs to get back into the swing of things. he is going to be fine, and prove to be the best back out of this draft class.

Kaylore
10-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah, Watermock says a lot of things. He's still unhappy despite both his Vikings and Broncos being undefeated.

Houshyamama
10-16-2009, 01:58 PM
I don't understand that at all. Not every back is AP his first year.

Calling Moreno a bust is close to being retarded. It's right on the line.

Bronco Warrior
10-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah, Watermock says a lot of things. He's still unhappy despite both his Vikings and Broncos being undefeated.

There is no such thing as BOTH!! Is this Watermock Bi?
Bi-Franchisal? That's just wrong!!

Rocket 7
10-16-2009, 02:04 PM
There is no such thing as BOTH!! Is this Watermock Bi?
Bi-Franchisal? That's just wrong!!

Have much to learn Beavis.

UberBroncoMan
10-16-2009, 02:18 PM
I... like... Bust...

Master___Pain
10-16-2009, 02:21 PM
I must have missed it, who's calling Moreno a bust?

Pony Boy
10-16-2009, 02:24 PM
No.....this is a bust......

BlaK-Argentina
10-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Psst.

Bronco Warrior
10-16-2009, 02:32 PM
No.....this is a bust......

No that was a Watdaphuckwereyoutinking? 8')

gyldenlove
10-16-2009, 02:42 PM
How is the leading rookie rusher a bust?

ant1999e
10-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Didn't CP has a little bit of a fumbling problem when he first started?

McDman
10-16-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't understand this thread, who said he was a bust? Maybe some people did not want to draft him, but no one has said he's a bust.

Rocket 7
10-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Voted rookie of the week

http://www.nfl.com/partner/story?id=09000d5d8135dee5&partnerType=rookies

Bronco Warrior
10-16-2009, 03:14 PM
If you read the OP I said people on other threads , other boards said he was especially after just three games, the point was to see if he STILL is thought that way! I think my Graffic expresses my personal thoughts on it!

McDman
10-16-2009, 03:26 PM
If you read the OP I said people on other threads , other boards said he was especially after just three games, the point was to see if he STILL is thought that way! I think my Graffic expresses my personal thoughts on it!

I realize that, but I'm a member on three boards and I still haven't seen any bust talk. Where is it coming from?

Yes, the graphic was nice.

Bronco Warrior
10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Broncos Forum for one!

Rohirrim
10-16-2009, 04:47 PM
I just think he needs to get to the point where he's not thinking about what he's doing and just goes, like he did at Georgia. He's not quite in tune with the NFL game yet. I think once he gets to the point where he's "got it," he will explode.

DrFate
10-16-2009, 04:51 PM
If Moreno weren't even playing - 5 games is too soon to call a pick a bust.

But he IS playing. And except for his butter fingers, playing pretty well.

Bronco Warrior
10-16-2009, 04:56 PM
I agree, he hesitates sometimes and doesn't hit the hole as hard as he could, and openings in the second level he don't punch throufgh like he could but he is pretty damn good for this point in his career!! And all you pervs stop drooling over my EXGF's rack LMAO!! She's an Ex Charger Girl!! Imagine that!!

Hercules Rockefeller
10-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Broncos Forum for one!

And that's why you should never go there, anyone who calls a rookie a bust that early is a ****ing retard.

McDman
10-16-2009, 06:57 PM
I agree, he hesitates sometimes and doesn't hit the hole as hard as he could, and openings in the second level he don't punch throufgh like he could but he is pretty damn good for this point in his career!! And all you pervs stop drooling over my EXGF's rack LMAO!! She's an Ex Charger Girl!! Imagine that!!

Hahahaha, you wish.

extralife
10-16-2009, 07:21 PM
He doesn't look like a first round back to me, but we wouldn't be 5-0 without him.

rastaman
10-16-2009, 07:22 PM

Meh! Its still a bit early yet, however, if Moreno continues to have fumble issues and can't convert 3rd and inches/short, McD has gotta give PEYTON HILLIS a look at least by the 8th game of the season.:strong:

rastaman
10-16-2009, 07:23 PM
He doesn't look like a first round back to me, but we wouldn't be 5-0 without him.

Actually our Defense and the WR's are the main reasons we are 5-0.

extralife
10-16-2009, 07:26 PM
yeah, but we still wouldn't be 5-0 without Knowshon

*WARHORSE*
10-16-2009, 07:29 PM
My only concern to this point is him running like a Tatum Bell with more power.

Moreno, to this point, has shown none of the vision he had on display in college. And he fumbles.

I have no complaints about anything else.

He runs nervous................at full speed.

He needs to slow down when he gets the ball a little. Instead of taking the handoff and heading full speed into the area of the hole, he needs to go 3/4 speed, wait till he sees the hole, sometimes letting it develop, then gassing it up in there.

Once hes in the secondary, keep heading downhill, but OPEN YOUR EYES DUDE!

azbroncfan
10-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Watermock says he's not fast enough.

Watermock's posting keeps getting less and less the more the Bronco's win.

SoDak Bronco
10-16-2009, 08:31 PM

you're an idiot

WABronco
10-16-2009, 08:35 PM

My first reaction was to be all "WTF WHY YOU HATIN'"...but ya I kinda see your angle. He's definitely not the fastest player on the field (not a slug, though). But you can see why McD is so enamored with him--he literally does everything well (aside from securing the ball, lately). His total value when he's on the field is worth that high pick.

I was thinking who he compares to in recent history, and while it's hard to compare too much because he's yet to prove durable, I thought maybe a slower, shiftier Edgerrin James? IDK...

As far as the OP is concerned, no one who isn't a bumbling idiot thought Moreno was a "bust"...

mhgaffney
10-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Moreno showed terrific vision in OT against the Pats -- when he made that amazing cut back for 10-12 yards and a first down in the final drive.

That was something to see.

But apparently some in here were asleep.

Man-Goblin
10-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Wow. Tough crowd.

BroncoDoug
10-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Wow. Tough crowd.

yeah no joke.

a rookie after 5 games doesn't look like LT in his prime!?!?!?!?!?! CUT HIM!!!!

baja
10-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Moreno showed terrific vision in OT against the Pats -- when he made that amazing cut back for 10-12 yards and a first down in the final drive.

That was something to see.

But apparently some in here were asleep.

That's what I was thinking. This kid is gonna get better every week. This whole team grows every week. Fun to watch..

Sassy
10-16-2009, 11:10 PM
This team believes they can win.

Bronco Yoda
10-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Will he live up to his billing? who know... but I'm sure glad we have him right now. I can't believe anyone would even whisper bust at this point. He's barely even played yet and when he has he's winning player of the week awards. Hasn't he won awards last two weeks now?

Popps
10-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Watermock's posting keeps getting less and less the more the Bronco's win.

I actually like that strategy more than the history revisionists posting threads that it's O.K. to be fans now.

cutthemdown
10-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Meh! Its still a bit early yet, however, if Moreno continues to have fumble issues and can't convert 3rd and inches/short, McD has gotta give PEYTON HILLIS a look at least by the 8th game of the season.:strong:

Yeah they can't wait to roll out the 4th string RB. Your football takes are just lame.

The only way Moreno will learn and get better in short yardage is by getting repetitions. Coaches think beyond the next game to the point where he knows that if Moreno gets 10-15 really big short yardage carries between now and playoffs he will be that much better off.

Some of the team still really young and learning.

The problem with Hillis is he's a straight line runner, can't break big plays, and honestly looks confused when he is in the game.

Having said that I am on record as saying if there isn't a role for Hillis in this game, there might never be.

This could be a game were the coach feels we can push the other team around. If he's going to run a ton you might see all 4 of the rbs get carries, but I doubt it. With Bucky back Hillis probably has to wait.

mhgaffney
10-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Please remember -- Moreno would only be a junior this year IF he had stayed in college. The kid is only what? 21 years old -- going on 22.

Heck -- he's still growing!

He'll probably top out at 220+ pounds.

Most importantly, he has the desire- - just like TD.

He's gonna be great.

So is Hillis. This team is now a work in progress. All in time.

BroncoBuff
10-17-2009, 08:16 AM
I must have missed it, who's calling Moreno a bust?

Good question.

Bronco Warrior
10-17-2009, 12:19 PM
OK for the phonicly challenged that missed it on the OP OTHER PAGES on in particular a couple of weeks ago had a post that was calling Moreno a Bust..anybody STILL think that? Who said it originally isn't the point! Any possibility any one is dumb enough to say that now?

Bronco Warrior
10-17-2009, 12:22 PM
For the record here is one of the links!
www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60131

Bronx33
10-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Wayyy to early to determine if mereno is a bust...

rastaman
10-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah they can't wait to roll out the 4th string RB. Your football takes are just lame.

The only way Moreno will learn and get better in short yardage is by getting repetitions. Coaches think beyond the next game to the point where he knows that if Moreno gets 10-15 really big short yardage carries between now and playoffs he will be that much better off.

Some of the team still really young and learning.

The problem with Hillis is he's a straight line runner, can't break big plays, and honestly looks confused when he is in the game.

Having said that I am on record as saying if there isn't a role for Hillis in this game, there might never be.

This could be a game were the coach feels we can push the other team around. If he's going to run a ton you might see all 4 of the rbs get carries, but I doubt it. With Bucky back Hillis probably has to wait.

Naw.....couldn't disagree with you more "Dumb Billy". Hillis will make his mark and prove his importance before the season is over. Besides, McD is sly as a Fox! Ole Josh knows he need Hillis especially in the Red Zone and goal line running plays. Perhaps next season Moreno will be better runner btwn the tackles and learn to run thru arm tackles. You can't bring Hillis down with arm tackles thats for sure.

cmhargrove
10-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Please remember -- Moreno would only be a junior this year IF he had stayed in college. The kid is only what? 21 years old -- going on 22.

Heck -- he's still growing!

He'll probably top out at 220+ pounds.

Most importantly, he has the desire- - just like TD.

He's gonna be great.

So is Hillis. This team is now a work in progress. All in time.

I didn't know this, for some reason, I thought he skipped his senior year, I didn't know he came out that early.

He will continue to get better throughout this year, and should be a real beast after an NFL offseason program.

I looked at some of his other info - 128 TD's in high school. damn, I wish my son's team had a guy like that!

giveemlove
10-21-2009, 11:03 PM

One thread starter stated that and then went through about 15-20 pages of having his ass handed to him because of it and finally came out and said he was wrong and apologized.

:welcome:

Pontius Pirate
10-22-2009, 05:57 AM
I'd prefer for Buck to get the bulk of carries - maybe have him on 1st and 2nd down, with Moreno on 3rd.

barryr
10-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Labeling Moreno a bust at this point is beyond stupid.

c_lazy_r
10-22-2009, 07:35 AM
OK for the phonicly challenged that missed it on the OP OTHER PAGES on in particular a couple of weeks ago had a post that was calling Moreno a Bust..anybody STILL think that? Who said it originally isn't the point! Any possibility any one is dumb enough to say that now?

Now that is funny **** right there.

Paladin
10-22-2009, 07:47 AM
O. Wat due u meen?

frauschieze
10-24-2009, 02:21 PM
For the record here is one of the links!
www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60131

I see you are just as reading comprehension and grammatically challenged here as you were over there.

Maybe if you donated blood like Kyle Orton, you wouldn't be so full of fail. :welcome:

lex
10-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Its not THAT unusual for rookie RBs to not see significant playing time until around week 5-8. It kind of depends on the team and circumstance but even though the learning curve is relatively small, there typically is one. Its also not unusual to see rookie RBs hit their stride in the 2nd halves of seasons. Tony Dorsett is one instance of this and Dorsett was one of the best running backs in the history of college football. Im not saying Moreno is Dorsett or anyone else but its way too early to write him off.