PDA

View Full Version : FFL Trade?

Broncoman13
10-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Should I give up DeSean Jackson and Steve Slaton for Brian Westbrook and Greg Jennings?

Popps
10-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Should I give up DeSean Jackson and Steve Slaton for Brian Westbrook and Greg Jennings?

Yes. Westbrook will have injury issues before the season is out, but that's potentially an upgrade at both spots.

Mr. Elway
10-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Hmm, I probably wouldn't - the Packers OL is a mess, Jennings is publically complaining about his lack of opportunities. Plus with McNabb back Jackson seems like a great play.

maher_tyler
10-15-2009, 05:27 PM

No...Westbrook will be hurt again at some point again in the season and the Packers O line can't block long enough for Jennings to get open.

DBroncos4life
10-15-2009, 05:34 PM
No...Westbrook will be hurt again at some point again in the season and the Packers O line can't block long enough for Jennings to get open.

Chad Clifton is coming back. So the hole starting left side goes back to what it was to start the year. I know it was a mess but when Chad went out the LG moved to LT the C moved to LG and they brought in the back up C. Jennings stats will improve.

Drek
10-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Chad Clifton is coming back. So the hole starting left side goes back to what it was to start the year. I know it was a mess but when Chad went out the LG moved to LT the C moved to LG and they brought in the back up C. Jennings stats will improve.

They've resigned Tauscher as well, who will almost definitely replace Barbre on the right side and Barbre is easily their weakest link.

Its hard to see how DeSean Jackson's value isn't negatively impacted by Maclin's emergence in Philly. Your best bet is to probably take the deal and then try to flip Westbrook for a back who will get you more consistent production. That or pick up LeSean McCoy as a backup RB so that if Westbrook goes down long term you can replace him with McCoy (who Philly really likes and has looked good in limited action this season).

TheDave
10-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Let me roll my 10 sided dice...

DBroncos4life
10-15-2009, 05:54 PM
They've resigned Tauscher as well, who will almost definitely replace Barbre on the right side and Barbre is easily their weakest link.

Its hard to see how DeSean Jackson's value isn't negatively impacted by Maclin's emergence in Philly. Your best bet is to probably take the deal and then try to flip Westbrook for a back who will get you more consistent production. That or pick up LeSean McCoy as a backup RB so that if Westbrook goes down long term you can replace him with McCoy (who Philly really likes and has looked good in limited action this season).

I saw that. Tauscher should be starting in a couple of weeks, or that's the plan anyways. Sure the line had been playing bad but what line wouldn't if they had all that change.

Broncoman13
10-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Alright, I just countered with this:

I give up DeSean Jackson, Fred Jackson and Steve Slaton

I get Brian Westbrook, Greg Jennings, and Willis McGahee

underrated29
10-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I would take your last trade. But know this.

I have westy in one of my leagues and He has said that he is going to get a 50/50 split of reps from here on out with lesean mccoy. So westy is not the primary ball carrier anymore.

Proof of this is evident even in the last game. They both had exactly 6 carries each. So dont expect guady numbers.

Now westy is a savvy vet so he will push harder to get more reps and keep mccoy on the pine. So i suspect somewhere down the road it will get more like 60/40.

But getting jennings,mcgahee and westy is def worth desean,slaton and jackson.

Plus- in the unlikely, but most plausable scenario that Steven Jax gets traded to Houston, slatons value just took an enormous dump.

SoDak Bronco
10-15-2009, 08:08 PM
So three weeks ago, I asked if I should trade Desean Jackson and Donald Brown for Cedrick Benson and Brandon Marshall...wow I took him to the cleaners!!! haha I've been dominating my league ever since.

gunns
10-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Hmm, I probably wouldn't - the Packers OL is a mess, Jennings is publically complaining about his lack of opportunities. Plus with McNabb back Jackson seems like a great play.

I wouldn't either. Westbrook is an injury waiting to happen and Jennings hasn't done much so far this year. I should know, HE'S KILLING ME! So is Slaton but I have enough backs to compensate.

Br0nc0Buster
10-15-2009, 09:03 PM
While we are at it, I cant decide if I should bench Chris Johnson this week or not

I have him against NE
Cedric Benson agaisnt Hou
Knowshon against SD
Mendenhall against Cleveland

Only got 1 response in the FF section

I only get to start 2, and I am seriously considering benching CJ and starting Moreno and Mendenhall

Broncoman13
10-15-2009, 09:58 PM
While we are at it, I cant decide if I should bench Chris Johnson this week or not

I have him against NE
Cedric Benson agaisnt Hou
Knowshon against SD
Mendenhall against Cleveland

Only got 1 response in the FF section

I only get to start 2, and I am seriously considering benching CJ and starting Moreno and Mendenhall

Mendenhall is injured and Buckhalter is coming back... I'd go with Benson and CJ and hope for a big run from CJ. That's your best bet, IMO.