PDA

View Full Version : QB Kyle Orton: saved his best for the Patriots

bronclvr
10-15-2009, 08:27 AM
QB Kyle Orton has been pretty impressive picking up the complexities of coach Josh McDaniels' offense. Orton felt comfortable with Sunday's gameplan and executed it almost flawlessly. McDaniels said he didn't think Kyle Orton missed a read the entire New England game. Orton spread the ball around, with six receivers catching at least three passes.

"It certainly felt like this was the best I have seen the field and the most prepared I have been," Orton said. "(I was) able to take the game plan and actually execute it the best. I should, and it should be the same next week and the week after. The more I am in this system, the more comfortable I should be, along with everyone else."

http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=9&c=2&cid=909359&nid=4379666&fhn=1

Smiling Assassin27
10-15-2009, 08:29 AM
not only mentally, but physically. His ball rarely fluttered and losing the glove seemed to put some zip back into this throws, receivers didn't have to wait as long for the ball to arrive.

gyldenlove
10-15-2009, 08:39 AM
not only mentally, but physically. His ball rarely fluttered and losing the glove seemed to put some zip back into this throws, receivers didn't have to wait as long for the ball to arrive.

Exactly, he also seemed to get the ball out a bit quicker so he could hit his WRs coming out of their breaks instead of after the defender had time to adjust. That is the one thing that benefits Royal more than anyone and I believe that is the main reason he had such a good day.

Hopefully it will keep up and he will be able to play like this consistently, he really had only one really bad pass, the batted one on 3rd and a mile that Gaffney got after it had been batted twice.

OABB
10-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Do you hear that League? A collective gasp is heard throughout the afc. Orton is coming. Orton. Is. coming.

and Hell is coming with him.

Doggcow
10-15-2009, 08:44 AM

I think waiting for the ball to arrive really was more of him getting used to the system.

He was seriously throwing balls like 3-4 seconds before receivers even turned around most of the time (especially to Eddie). The TD to Marshall was also thrown on a timing route.

lazarus4444
10-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Do you hear that League? A collective gasp is heard throughout the afc. Orton is coming. Orton. Is. coming.

and Hell is coming with him.

QFT! & rep'd.

BlaK-Argentina
10-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Exactly, he also seemed to get the ball out a bit quicker so he could hit his WRs coming out of their breaks instead of after the defender had time to adjust. That is the one thing that benefits Royal more than anyone and I believe that is the main reason he had such a good day.

Hopefully it will keep up and he will be able to play like this consistently, he really had only one really bad pass, the batted one on 3rd and a mile that Gaffney got after it had been batted twice.

The LB made a great play on that tackle. Looked to me that Gaff was going to catch it. (prolly short of the 1st though) Couldn't see much on TV though.

I'd say his only bad throw was the one where Marshall turned into a CB, in the redzone. I think it was in OT. It was the same play that we scored on but he threw it way too low and to the inside.

atomicbloke
10-15-2009, 11:28 AM
How the hell did he manage to play so bad in that 49ers pre-season game?

That really threw a lot of us off in regards to his true potential.

Even JeLardAss would be challenged to throw 3 INTS in a single half.

baja
10-15-2009, 11:48 AM

You should have reminded yourself of his record as an NFL starter and you would have realized what some of us did realize, that game was a aberration of Orton's skill level.

baja
10-15-2009, 11:51 AM
QB Kyle Orton has been pretty impressive picking up the complexities of coach Josh McDaniels' offense. Orton felt comfortable with Sunday's gameplan and executed it almost flawlessly. McDaniels said he didn't think Kyle Orton missed a read the entire New England game. Orton spread the ball around, with six receivers catching at least three passes.

"It certainly felt like this was the best I have seen the field and the most prepared I have been," Orton said. "(I was) able to take the game plan and actually execute it the best. I should, and it should be the same next week and the week after. The more I am in this system, the more comfortable I should be, along with everyone else."

http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=9&c=2&cid=909359&nid=4379666&fhn=1

That's worth repeating...

BroncoMan4ever
10-15-2009, 11:52 AM

that was his 1st time with live competition in the system. and everyone knows, sometimes a QB just has 1 of those days where nothing goes right.

dude just needed a little bit of experience in the system to get his timing and reads correct. also in the preseason we weren't playing watered down basic gameplans. McDaniels threw everything at Orton from day 1 and basically put him in a sink or swim situation.

azbroncfan
10-15-2009, 11:59 AM

You think a QB should light it up the first game in a new complex timing system?

LongDongJohnson
10-15-2009, 12:04 PM

i remember the 3 picks but he didnt play that bad.

he moved the ball pretty good in that game. same thing in seattle.

Crushaholic
10-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Preseason was just PRACTICE. So far, the practice has paid off in games that actually matter...