PDA

View Full Version : Chargers cut safety Clinton Hart

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-14-2009, 10:58 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4558801&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Source: Hart informed he's being cutComment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

In a surprise move Wednesday morning, the San Diego Chargers informed starting safety Clinton Hart that he is being released, according to a source.

Hart had spent six years with the Chargers, starting in 33 games over the past three seasons. He started three games for San Diego this season.

According to a source, Hart was surprised by the move. But the decision may have been foreshadowed in the past few weeks, as Chargers coaches were removing him from some of the team's nickel packages for passing situations.

Hart's departure would mean rookie sixth-round pick Kevin Ellison would get more playing time.

Hart, 32, started his career with the Philadelphia Eagles before moving on to the Chargers.

ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton, ESPN.com AFC West reporter Bill Williamson and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter contributed to this report.

Inkana7
10-14-2009, 11:04 AM
lolololol

gtown
10-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Hart sucks. He was surprised by the move because everything surprises him. Surprise ,the opponent is throwing the ball near your area. Surprise, they are running the ball directly at you cuz you suck.

It's too bad that the Chuggers are doing this mid-season. I wanted them to bleed out slowly.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-14-2009, 11:37 AM
sounds like us last year.

Traveler
10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Guess AJ found his scapegoat to try and send a message to their team.

BroncoDoug
10-14-2009, 12:01 PM
we should sign him up for this week, get all their Defensive calls and whatnot, he's probably pissed at em..

broncocalijohn
10-14-2009, 12:18 PM
we should sign him up for this week, get all their Defensive calls and whatnot, he's probably pissed at em..

.....get the info we need, keep him until Tuesday and then cut his ass. Also, look for McDaniels to exploit that 6th round pick that will probably be starting or at least in a ton of plays.

ward63
10-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Luckily shanny isn't here b/c he'd sign him and start him this week.

rovolution
10-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Tony Scheffler abused him in that Week 2 game last season.

MechanicalBull
10-14-2009, 04:26 PM
ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton, ESPN.com AFC West reporter Bill Williamson and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter contributed to this report.

I can't believe they needed 3 guys to report that Hart was cut.

lookin' glass
10-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Maybe Clayton and Burger Bill wised up and asked Schefter if it was true and how they should write it.

DenverBrit
10-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I can't believe they needed 3 guys to report that Hart was cut.

And they might still get it wrong. ;D

Bronx33
10-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Guess AJ found his scapegoat to try and send a message to their team.

He should have told merriman to shave that stupid ***** mohawk off if he wants to sent a message.

cutthemdown
10-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Yep this is how it begins. Cutting players midseason, trying to fix things midseason, we have been there before and it rarely works.

Chargers are in trouble. They need a win really bad and I don't think they come back this time if they lose again.

Last couple yrs Chargers have depended on the division stinking to make playoffs. Then they turn it on and win a game etc. I don't think that works this yr because Broncos probably be going 11-5 or better.

boltaneer
10-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Hart should have been cut LAST season so I don't really read much into this.

They have options with Oliver and Ellison behind them. I think Oliver is ready to step in if they choose. Ellison not so sure if he'd be ready to go yet. He didn't look good in pre-season while Oliver did. I like both options though. Oliver deserves a shot based on the limited chances he's cashed in on and Ellison would bring a hard hitting safety into the lineup. And if they play poor, it really could not get much worse than it was with Hart.

This was not really a move about the safety position though. They could have kept Hart on as a backup but they have too many safeties on the roster. This is about bringing in more depth for the DL, which is where help is needed.

MechanicalBull
10-14-2009, 05:53 PM
And they might still get it wrong. ;D

Guess they did get it wrong. Here is the title of the article. So not only did they spell "Starting" wrong but they also got the player wrong. Hart was waived to make room for Ian Scott.

Sarting safety Scott waived Comment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

In a surprise move Wednesday morning, the San Diego Chargers waived safety Clinton Hart in order to sign defensive tackle Ian Scott.

The Chargers need depth on the defensive line due to the loss of tackle Jamal Williams, who is out for the season with a triceps injury

boltaneer
10-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Guess they did get it wrong. Here is the title of the article. So not only did they spell "Starting" wrong but they also got the player wrong. Hart was waived to make room for Ian Scott.

In general, ESPN ignores the Chargers and the AFC West so this is not a surprise to me.

DenverBrit
10-14-2009, 06:11 PM

Too funny!!