PDA

View Full Version : "The Band That Wouldn't Die" on ESPN (Baltimore Colts Band)

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Anybody catch this? It's part of the "30 for 30" series on ESPN (http://30for30.espn.com/) and is very much worth watching. It really shows what NFL fans are all about. Those guys still--to this day--choke up over the old Baltimore Colts fight song.

I also couldn't stop thinking about how Elway's refusal to play for the Colts may have had a lot to do with the Colts leaving in the first place and how Bronco domination of the Browns in those AFC Championship Games had a lot to do with Baltimore getting the Ravens.

Awesome documentary. I guarantee you will enjoy watching it if haven't seen it yet.

broncocalijohn
10-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Good documentary and shows how much a team means to a city and its fans. It sucks for a city to lose a team as I know this when Frontiere made sure the Rams sucked out loud so she can bolt the team out of Orange County to St. Louis. Owners should know the passion that their team provides and yet sometimes their ownership is not based on wins and losses but the almighty dollar.

cutthemdown
10-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Good documentary and shows how much a team means to a city and its fans. It sucks for a city to lose a team as I know this when Frontiere made sure the Rams sucked out loud so she can bolt the team out of Orange County to St. Louis. Owners should know the passion that their team provides and yet sometimes their ownership is not based on wins and losses but the almighty dollar.

The Rams would be huge in OC and LA had they stayed. In the long run she made a horrid decision. She left a huge huge market and a much richer fan base then St Louis.

cutthemdown
10-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Rams are 23-25 in revenue depending what yr you look at. They are bottom feeders basically.

You leave southern california to end up 23rd in revenue, I call that an epic fail.

Hogan11
10-14-2009, 06:25 AM

No city should lose it's team. I remember when the Browns first pulled out of Cleveland for Baltimore, none of the Browns fans I knew followed them there, they just turned their back on the league till the franchise was reborn in 1999.