PDA

View Full Version : Buckhalters injury?

iDENVER
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
anyone know if he will play monday night vs the chargers?

iDENVER
10-13-2009, 05:09 PM
anyone...

BlaK-Argentina
10-13-2009, 05:12 PM
I guess no one knows. I think we might hold him out seeing that the bye is just around the corner and we'll need him down the stretch.

Moreno will do just fine against that SD "D".

bombay
10-13-2009, 05:14 PM
What I've heard is high ankle sprain and gone until after the bye.

broncos-rock
10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Lower extremity!!!:clown:

DeusExManning
10-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Dave Logan mentioned during the game that he thought he would be back after the bye

cutthemdown
10-13-2009, 05:31 PM
I think Broncos will want to run it maybe 35 plus times Monday. Keep the ball away from Rivers and control the clock IMO will be the gameplan.

For one Chargers not near as good against the run as cowboys or Patriots. I don't know the excact numbers but I can say Chargers just not as big and physical upfront as Pats.

There is no Wilfork to blow up Hamilton. In fact I think Hamilton can easily handle the young SD NT. I also don't feel Clady will even have the slightest bit of a problem blocking any OLB they have including Merriman. I don't see one battle along the oline/dline we can't win.

For that reason, and the fact Bucky is out, I feel this will be Hillis big chance to have a role in the gameplan. I predict 10 carries for him, maybe 3-4 for Jordan, and then a big whopping 25 plus for Moreno.

I think you could see Broncos go big, 2-3 TE sets, and pound the ball right down the Chargers throats. Make Rivers watch game from the sidelines.

The fact Chargers haven't been running ball makes it even more likely. What do you do to 1 dimensional offense? If all the can do is run you try and score quick to make them throw. If all they do is throw, you play ball control and try and wear out there defense.

throwing the ball and not scoring, and the other team running the ball, is a recipe for a blow out IMO.

Majik
10-13-2009, 06:10 PM
For one Chargers not near as good against the run as cowboys or Patriots. I don't know the excact numbers but I can say Chargers just not as big and physical upfront as Pats.

They rank 27th in the league, 151 yds/gm, 4.6 avg, 6tds. I like your strategy.

azbroncfan
10-13-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't know why everyone thinks Hillis is suddenly going to get 20 plus carries. McD likes Jordan more toting the rock other than short yardage. I myself would rather see Hillis and think he is better by far but I trust MCD.

cutthemdown
10-13-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't know why everyone thinks Hillis is suddenly going to get 20 plus carries. McD likes Jordan more toting the rock other than short yardage. I myself would rather see Hillis and think he is better by far but I trust MCD.

no way 20 carries. More like:

Moreno-25
Jordan-4
Hillis-10

I just think Mcdaniels will want to run the ball more, but not want to give Moreno 30 carries.

That IMO points to the first Hillis being part of the gameplan.

azbroncfan
10-13-2009, 06:29 PM
no way 20 carries. More like:

Moreno-25
Jordan-4
Hillis-10

I just think Mcdaniels will want to run the ball more, but not want to give Moreno 30 carries.

That IMO points to the first Hillis being part of the gameplan.

I would think more in the lines of 20 for Moreno, 12-15 for Jordan and 2-4 for Hillis.

I like your scenerio better though.

lookin' glass
10-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Hillis' lack of playing time is disturbing. Didn't he suffer a concussion earlier 2-3 games ago?

baja
10-13-2009, 06:34 PM
I think Broncos will want to run it maybe 35 plus times Monday. Keep the ball away from Rivers and control the clock IMO will be the gameplan.

There is no Wilfork to blow up Hamilton. In fact I think Hamilton can easily handle the young SD NT. I also don't feel Clady will even have the slightest bit of a problem blocking any OLB they have including Merriman. I don't see one battle along the oline/dline we can't win.

For that reason, and the fact Bucky is out, I feel this will be Hillis big chance to have a role in the gameplan. I predict 10 carries for him, maybe 3-4 for Jordan, and then a big whopping 25 plus for Moreno.

I think you could see Broncos go big, 2-3 TE sets, and pound the ball right down the Chargers throats. Make Rivers watch game from the sidelines.

The fact Chargers haven't been running ball makes it even more likely. What do you do to 1 dimensional offense? If all the can do is run you try and score quick to make them throw. If all they do is throw, you play ball control and try and wear out there defense.

throwing the ball and not scoring, and the other team running the ball, is a recipe for a blow out IMO.

The thing I have noticed about our McDaniels coached team is the second half is very different than the first half. I expect us to come out passing in the first series because SD will expect the run, the idea is to get up a score or two than pound the ball but whet ever we do the first half expect something different the second half.

Sd is 12 in pass defense but only 27 in run defense.

ZONA
10-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Hillis>Jordon

But he's in the dog house right now and I don't know why. It's not like he's the only guy on the team with a fumble or penalty. He's going to need to earn his way back into the game plan. I thought it would be this week since Bucky was out but it looks more and more like that isn't going to happen until we have a large lead in the 4th. That sucks because Hillis is a very good player and Josh should give him another shot instead of keeping him on the pine.

cutthemdown
10-13-2009, 06:46 PM
The thing I have noticed about our McDaniels coached team is the second half is very different than the first half. I expect us to come out passing in the first series because SD will expect the run, the idea is to get up a score or two than pound the ball but whet ever we do the first half expect something different the second half.

Sd is 12 in pass defense but only 27 in run defense.

I think Mcdaniels may tell offense it doesn't matter what they expect. We can line up and shove it down there throats. Just a feeling based on looking at the Charger front 7. IMO they are almost as bad as us last yr.

Pony Boy
10-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Hillis' lack of playing time is disturbing. Didn't he suffer a concussion earlier 2-3 games ago?

The lack of playing time for Hillis is disturbing for me also... but I have learned my lesson and won't second guess McDaniel's. If McD is not playing him there must be a good reason......

cutthemdown
10-13-2009, 06:48 PM
I also think though if we spread the field we could get some sweet matchups, but IMO we will want to play keep away with Rivers.

The last thing Chargers want it a long drawn out ground attack that keeps ball moving. They would love to make it Orton vs Rivers.

Pony Boy
10-13-2009, 07:04 PM
I also think though if we spread the field we could get some sweet matchups, but IMO we will want to play keep away with Rivers.

The last thing Chargers want it a long drawn out ground attack that keeps ball moving. They would love to make it Orton vs Rivers.

What's sweet is going into this game with a defense, I'm sick of scoring on the Bolts and then watching them answer back... bing ..bing..bing.. down the field........

bronco militia
10-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Try asking again tomorrow and be sure to make another thread

cutthemdown
10-13-2009, 07:25 PM
This is going to be the most physical you have seen Broncos play. This is going to be smash it out football from the Broncos. The smart thing to do is make them do what they aren't good at.

Thats stop the run and run the ball. Broncos are going to drop people into coverage and make the Chargers prove they can run the ball.

iDENVER
10-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Try asking again tomorrow and be sure to make another thread

stfu.

baja
10-13-2009, 07:54 PM
I think Mcdaniels may tell offense it doesn't matter what they expect. We can line up and shove it down there throats. Just a feeling based on looking at the Charger front 7. IMO they are almost as bad as us last yr.

If Buckhalter was healthy (and maybe he is) I would be more inclined to agree with you but we got Moreno, Jordan and Hillis.

I'm hoping this week Hillis gets Bucks carries if he can't go and your scenario is what we see but if Buck can't go and McD still can't trust Hillis do we have the backs to run your game plan?

cutthemdown
10-13-2009, 09:27 PM
If Buckhalter was healthy (and maybe he is) I would be more inclined to agree with you but we got Moreno, Jordan and Hillis.

I'm hoping this week Hillis gets Bucks carries if he can't go and your scenario is what we see but if Buck can't go and McD still can't trust Hillis do we have the backs to run your game plan?

Hmm if they don't have Buck, don't feel Hillis is viable, then I would have to say no.

cutthemdown
10-13-2009, 09:28 PM
My whole theory based on it seems like a good time to get hillis involved if he is actually in coaches plans. If he's not I think we could see some of the screens we worked on so hard in preseason. Chargers are going to be pursuing and attacking, so we will want to slow that down somehow.

Who knows maybe we go deep on them. The coach will for sure do something we don't expect.

baja
10-13-2009, 10:30 PM
My whole theory based on it seems like a good time to get hillis involved if he is actually in coaches plans. If he's not I think we could see some of the screens we worked on so hard in preseason. Chargers are going to be pursuing and attacking, so we will want to slow that down somehow.

<b>Who knows maybe we go deep on them. The coach will for sure do something we don't expect.

Isn't it great to be able to say that while being 5 & 0.

That flexibility is a big advantage.

bronco militia
10-13-2009, 10:37 PM
stfu.

Ha!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83102&highlight=buckhalter

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85242&highlight=buckhalter

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85041&highlight=buckhalter

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85057&highlight=buckhalter

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85039&highlight=buckhalter

Cito Pelon
10-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Hillis>Jordon

But he's in the dog house right now and I don't know why. It's not like he's the only guy on the team with a fumble or penalty. He's going to need to earn his way back into the game plan. I thought it would be this week since Bucky was out but it looks more and more like that isn't going to happen until we have a large lead in the 4th. That sucks because Hillis is a very good player and Josh should give him another shot instead of keeping him on the pine.

I think Hillis is in Bobby Turner's doghouse. Turner is the coach he has to please.

maher_tyler
10-14-2009, 02:25 AM
I think Doom could be in for another 2-3 sack day!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-14-2009, 04:34 AM
Make Rivers watch game from the sidelines.

And when he's not watching from the sidelines, hopefully he'll be watching Elvis coming at him like a freight train. :thumbs:

fontaine
10-14-2009, 04:40 AM
I would run the ball all day long against the front 7 and throw in a couple of wild horses formations and screens if the defense cheats up to the line to run blitz.

Combine that with play action passes and I think our OL is good enough to give them serious problems.

BroncoDoug
10-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Well he is practicing today, for what thats worth...

crush17
10-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Well he is practicing today, for what thats worth...

Sa-weeeeet!