PDA

View Full Version : Delusional Chargers Fans

Old Dude
10-13-2009, 03:33 PM
It's never too early:

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72325

Statistical proof that they will beat Denver by 10 or more.

Not even counting home field advantage, Monday Night Mojo, the Rivers Charisma factor, or Denver's throwback road unis, which, if anything, are even uglier than the home throwbacks.

Flex Gunmetal
10-13-2009, 03:37 PM
lolz.

SCIENCE!

Los Broncos
10-13-2009, 03:37 PM
We lose by at least 8 scores, Norv has had forever to prepair, we are dooooomed!

Rabb
10-13-2009, 03:38 PM
I agree with them, we are going to lose by probably 80 or 90 points and Orton is going to die in a drunk surfing accident at half time while Knowshon gets eaten by Shamu at Sea World

if we score at all I will be shocked

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 03:38 PM
That guy put way to much work into that to be in a sucessful relationship of anykind.

Old Dude
10-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I always thought that passing yardage was a pretty meaningless stat unless you factored in the QB rating - which is why we have a QB rating formula.

But surely it wouldn't make any difference in the analysis. Or would prolly just make it even MORE apparent that we are teh doomed.

scorpio
10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
http://img.moronail.net/img/4/5/1245.jpg

Lev Vyvanse
10-13-2009, 03:45 PM
It's never too early:

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72325

Statistical proof that they will beat Denver by 10 or more.

Not even counting home field advantage, Monday Night Mojo, the Rivers Charisma factor, or Denver's throwback road unis, which, if anything, are even uglier than the home throwbacks.

After all that work his math was wrong.

DenverBrit
10-13-2009, 03:51 PM
"Fortunately, Norv has two weeks to prepare his team."

http://www.onlinecolleges.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mad-scientist.jpg

DeuceOfClub
10-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Statistical proof that they will beat Denver by 10 or more...

Sure they will, after all they are "Going 12-0 after the bye week (http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72277)"

The MVPlaya
10-13-2009, 03:55 PM
It's pathetic that people don't realize how far off base their logic is.

Let's take some other top defenses and see who they've played -

Eagles
Panthers - Saints - Chiefs - Bucs

Saints
Lions - Eagles - Bills - Jets

Giants
Redskins - Cowboys - Bucs - Chiefs - Raiders

Colts
Jags - Dolphins - Cards - Seahawks - Titans

Vikings
Browns - Lions - Niners - Packers - Rams

Redskins
Giants - Rams - Lions - Bucs - Panthers

Seriously - even analysts try to pull this bull****. This is one of the most common pathetic logical inferences people try to make... FAIL.

At least all the teams we've played have won a damn game...

Looking at that list - it seems as if the Broncos have one of the harder schedules of the top defenses now that Bengals have proven to be legit too.

Vegas_Bronco
10-13-2009, 04:03 PM
There will be no answer for our offense...their defense is horrible!

scorpio
10-13-2009, 04:05 PM
There will be no answer for our offense...their defense is horrible!

nah chargers still win by 10 touchdowns

ludo21
10-13-2009, 04:08 PM
we lose 100-3... Prater on a late FG as usual

Doggcow
10-13-2009, 04:16 PM
we lose 100-3... Prater on a late FG as usual

from 68+

Bronco LB52
10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
It's one thing to believe the Chargers will eek out a close win at home, but I don't understand all these fans who predict these ridiculous point outpoints in excess of 28 points.

Going back to the Raiders game, I have seen countless Oakland, Dallas and New England fans forecast 28+ points outpoints for their team only to get shutdown.

missingnumber7
10-13-2009, 04:20 PM
I love how they talk about all their fans and how they have dominated denver lately.

Time for some mile high west mojo

NYBronc
10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
This one is classic.

Denver is not for real and Monday night is going to prove that. They will look even worse in San Diego than they did at home against the Patriots in the worlds ugliest uniforms.

After the game you will hear people saying things about Denver like-Who have they really played anyway. Dallas really isnt that good. They should have lost to the Bengals. Tom Terrific isnt himself...etc...etc..etc....

Enjoy this part of the season Denver because its not gonna stay like this. Your players and coaching staff will get tired of your spastic little head coach and Kyle Orton will show you why he was traded. <B>Remember we can only get better on D while you can only get worse.</B> Once your team starts to slip a little bit and not get the usual bogus calls at home, it will become very difficult to win the close games. Not to worry though, this weeks game will not be close!!! .

BigBad
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Honestly I would be shocked if Denver doesn't win this. It always seems to take the so called analysts a while to realize what is ACTUALLY happening THIS SEASON. They hold on to reputations too long. The Ravens D is not great anymore. Still above average but not great. The Pats D is only about average especially in the secondary. As much as I hate to say it the Broncos D is at this point is good to VERY good. Add to that your rush offense is actually existent this year and my beloved Chargers run defense is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, I see you guys winning. Honestly if Rivers were to get hurt we would struggle to win again this year, except maybe @ Cleveland.

I guess Im not a delusional Charger fan.???

BlaK-Argentina
10-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Honestly I would be shocked if Denver doesn't win this. It always seems to take the so called analysts a while to realize what is ACTUALLY happening THIS SEASON. They hold on to reputations too long. The Ravens D is not great anymore. Still above average but not great. The Pats D is only about average especially in the secondary. As much as I hate to say it the Broncos D is at this point is good to VERY good. Add to that your rush offense is actually existent this year and my beloved Chargers run defense is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, I see you guys winning. Honestly if Rivers were to get hurt we would struggle to win again this year, except maybe @ Cleveland.

I guess Im not a delusional Charger fan.???

We know what you are trying to do here. Chargers win by 72 points.

Mr.Meanie
10-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm thinking McD gets fired after the worst blowout in modern NFL history this Monday.

ScottXray
10-13-2009, 06:16 PM
We know what you are trying to do here. Chargers win by 72 points.

Yes. remember the game at Cinn 3-4 years ago. Fans begging the Broncos
not to embarass their sorry ass team on national TV.

Please go easy on us poor old fans ... We are just happy to be here.

SD 34-7

RhymesayersDU
10-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Best part of those threads is the following. This is actually somebody's signature over there:

-----------------------
REMINDER: When at the games, get loud for OUR defense...especially on 3rd downs......QUIET, when our QB is try'n to work (pre-snap).

AND FOR PETE'S SAKE, DON'T BOO YOUR OWN TEAM JUST BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T DO WHAT YOU WANTED EVERY DRIVE!!! (u probably don't realize what a group of a-holes it makes ya look like)....that is all.
-----------------------

ROFL @ having to explain to bandwagon fans how to act at a football game.

NYBroncoManiac
10-13-2009, 06:37 PM
from 68+

Nah... on yet another fluke lucky play, the broncos are down by 6 million points, but get to within 80 yards of a field goal before the last play of the game. McD realizes that 3 points will make all the difference in the world and puts Prater in for an 80 yard FG.

The ball is snapped, Kern flubs the snap, prater picks it up and, amidst a sea of Chargers defenders, places the ball on its side at the 10 yard line and kicks it straight down the middle of the goal posts... proving that all that "kicker prep" that goes on before each field goal is total BS.

Prater then grabs the nearest official and throws him to the ground (using his best Dragon Warrior impression). He places his little toe against the ref's temple and says "Sir... unless you want your family to see what my foot looks like inside your head, you better find a way to call this game for the Broncos.

The ref throws the flag and declares the Chargers ineligible for the game because Rivers is actually a professional rodeo clown and rule 217-A specifically states that the NFL can never compete with PBR.

And the Broncos become the first team in NFL history to win a game even though they were outscored by 5,999,997 points.

Boo YAH!!!

Garcia Bronco
10-13-2009, 06:51 PM
The Chargers make great second half adjustments and they are a 4th quarter team. This will be a tough game to win in any venue.

Archer81
10-13-2009, 07:01 PM
The Chargers make great second half adjustments and they are a 4th quarter team. This will be a tough game to win in any venue.

Broncos defense has allowed 7 points and 2 first downs in the second half of games...guessing our adjustments are not too shabby either.

:Broncos:

ZONA
10-13-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm dying here. My gut has already split open from laughing so hard.

The original post by that dolt was so funny because his math was not only wrong, it has us winning. What a stupid clown.

Original Math:

SD -43.4 below opposing teams avg
Head to Head = DEN +67.4yds advantage over our D
SD scores 1 point per every 13.83yds gained
DEN scores 1 point per every 19.03yds gained
SDís O avg ypg minus DENís advantage is 317.75yds for SD
DENís O avg ypg plus DENís advantage is 444.3yds for DEN
Final score for Monday Nightís game?

SD = 30
DEN = 23

Fixed Math:

I can appreciate the unbiased statistical analysis, but I think your arithmetic is wrong. If I'm following correctly, you are calculating the score by taking the projected total yards and dividing it by the average yards per point value.

317.75 / 13.83 = 22.9 projected points for san diego
444.3 / 19.03 = 23.3 projected points for denver

cutthemdown
10-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Better then stats is to look at matchups.

When I look along the front 7 (chargers) Oline (Broncos) I don't see any favorable matchups for the Chargers.

Clady and Merriman to me is not a matchup they can win either.

That tells me Chargers can't stop our running game. Mcdaniels 100 times smarter then me, he's going to exploit that fact big time.

Look for some big plays out of the passing game, but maybe only 20-25 attempts.

cutthemdown
10-13-2009, 07:13 PM

Can they matchup with our oline? How do they approach that? Adding players to the box is dangerous with Royal and Marshall heating up.

I just feel even though it will be a tough game, that we have more mismatches to use then they do.

I do feel they have a big one in Gates vs any of our linebackers, sproles in passing game vs linebackers.

Our saftey's are really helping out inside though because our corners are playing so well.

kamakazi_kal
10-13-2009, 07:16 PM
5-0 is good but don't take them lightly ...... it's a division game ... those are always tough, always.

It's still a very talented team. Talented but, very beatable. The Cuggers in recent years have been very slow to start. Polar opposite to our fast starting teams. That being said if Rivers has a meltdown from getting hit to much I'll be very pleased.

Run the ball with Moreno hit Marsh and Royal and good things will happen.

Oh and Nolan ..... just keep doing your thing buddy..... it's magic.

azbroncfan
10-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't know why people think this will be an easy game. Division game for one which is always tough no matter what. San Diego has been using Denver to wipe their A## recently and til Denver does something about it it makes me nervous. San Diego is also in need of this game more than Denver and they have had an extra week to prepare. This game reminds me and gives me the feeling of the Oakland/Denver monday night in 2002 when Oakland came into Denver and Gannon made us look terrible and Denver never recovered while they took off and didn't lose til the superbowl or something like that.

SD 24

DEN 23

I have a bad feeling that Denver lose's on a late FG.

ZONA
10-13-2009, 07:37 PM
5-0 is good but don't take them lightly ...... it's a division game ... those are always tough, always.

Broncos 23
Raiders 3

Yup, they are always tough.............lol

scorpio
10-13-2009, 07:38 PM

Maybe even impossible.

DenverBrit
10-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Can they matchup with our oline? How do they approach that? Adding players to the box is dangerous with Royal and Marshall heating up.

I just feel even though it will be a tough game, that we have more mismatches to use then they do.

I do feel they have a big one in Gates vs any of our linebackers, sproles in passing game vs linebackers.

Our saftey's are really helping out inside though because our corners are playing so well.

SD miss Jamal Williams, the Broncos O line won't.

Covering Jackson and Gates will be a challenge, at least their run game has faltered, has LT finally hit the wall?

Punisher
10-13-2009, 07:48 PM
SD fans have been Norved

DeuceOfClub
10-13-2009, 07:52 PM
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1381/314q7w2.jpg

Garcia Bronco
10-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Broncos 23
Raiders 3

Even in the 90's and early 2000's they had a stout defense despite their offense.

Archer81
10-13-2009, 07:55 PM

Jesus...Eli looks like a stick figure next to Jabarcus...

:Broncos:

azbroncfan
10-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Broncos 23
Raiders 3

I surely hope you remember our record against the Raiders the past few years even as bad as they have been.

snowspot66
10-13-2009, 09:39 PM

Is that a real picture? No photoshop?

Irish Stout
10-13-2009, 09:57 PM
I like this snipit:

I don't care if the Chargers are up against the 85 Bears' defense, the Chargers' offense can put up points.

outdoor_miner
10-13-2009, 10:14 PM
That original post is great! It's statistics, fellas... Can't argue with that. He's done the math and the math don't lie.

BroncoDoug
10-14-2009, 01:12 AM

like really...no homo... but look at jabarcus' a** compared to eli...jehebus...no homo

Old Dude
10-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Had to bounce this since their score predictions are rolling in:

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72372

I don't give Denver much of a chance.

Rivers owns us, they are a lot healthier than they''ve been in a few weeks, they've had an extra week to prepare, it's in their house, they have a lot more on the line.

Denver did get a little lucky last week. The bounces have been going our way all year and it's a matter of time before they go the other way. The team is way too fat and happy with all their recent accolades, so here comes a big let-down.

The balloon pops. Bob gets to pee his pants in delight. Chargers 30, Broncos 13. Better than last year but it will still sting. Maybe it will help motivate the club to keep working through the bye, though.