PDA

View Full Version : High praise for Orton & Broncos D

Old Dude
10-13-2009, 10:05 AM
From Cold Hard Football Facts:

On Orton:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2892_All_hail_the_Horseshoe.html

Denver's D still #1 on defensive hog index:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_1135_Def._Hog_Index.html

Denver is the only team in the league with three wins vs. opponents with winning records.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_987_Quality_Standings.html

Old Dude
10-13-2009, 10:08 AM
They are also gloating over their prediction about an overhyped Jets D:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2894_%91Rex_Ryan_D%92_exposed_by_CHFF_Friday%2C _%91Fins_Monday.html

Paladin
10-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Sure sounds like a winner to me........

Also a lot of good information. Thanks for posting........

DenverBrit
10-13-2009, 10:16 AM
The D, ranked higher than the Ravens? Who could have known? ;D

Cito Pelon
10-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Denver is the only team in the league with three wins vs. opponents with winning records.

Wow. They're pretty good, eh? Naturally, they have to keep the solid work going. 5 wins is still only 5 wins.

BlaK-Argentina
10-13-2009, 10:25 AM
So the Broncos are clearly shaping up as the class of the NFL, with wins over the 4-1 Bengals, 3-2 Patriots and 3-2 Cowboys. Those are three teams who are a combined 0-3 against Denver, but 10-2 against the rest of the league.

ludo21
10-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Indy is the only team in the league that has not played a Quality Team... wow, did not know that.

gyldenlove
10-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Indy is the only team in the league that has not played a Quality Team... wow, did not know that.

How about Washington? Washington has yet to play a team that has won a single game before playing Washinton.

2KBack
10-13-2009, 11:09 AM
How about Washington? Washington has yet to play a team that has won a single game before playing Washinton.

they played the giants in week one

Old Dude
10-13-2009, 11:10 AM

They update the records each week, so it makes no difference what the teams record was when they played. It's what the team turned out to be at present. The Redskins played the Giants in week one (and lost).

baja
10-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Alec has been posting these links every week and they are great

Thanks Alec and thanks Old One. You both rock. ;D

Old Dude
10-13-2009, 11:17 AM
It will be interesting to see how the other "quality stats" look after they are updated this week.

The Chargers are currently favored to win Monday's game by 3 or 4 points. CHFF wil probably disagree, since the Chargers (before this week) rank 28th on the defensive hog index, 15th on the passer differential chart, 24th on the "bendability" chart, etc. Their overall ranking (before this past weekend) was 18th and that's mostly because of Rivers.

BroncoMan4ever
10-13-2009, 11:17 AM

Wow. They're pretty good, eh? Naturally, they have to keep the solid work going. 5 wins is still only 5 wins.

and the sad thing is everyone still says we are recipients of a weak schedule.

lex
10-13-2009, 11:18 AM
So the Broncos are clearly shaping up as the class of the NFL, with wins over the 4-1 Bengals, 3-2 Patriots and 3-2 Cowboys. Those are three teams who are a combined 0-3 against Denver, but 10-2 against the rest of the league.

Wow. Impressive.

lex
10-13-2009, 11:19 AM

But the Dolphins and Titans won their divisions last year. Meanwhile, Cincy sucked last year.

baja
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
I love this one

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_987_Quality_Standings.html

Take a look at san Diego - 0 & 2 against quality teams and giving up 34.5 points in the process.

HAT
10-13-2009, 11:42 AM

And on the other side of that....NE has yet to play a team that has lost a single game prior to kick-off.

Buff 0-0
NYJ 1-0
ATL 2-0
Bal 3-0
Den 4-0

Weird scheduling quirk for both. Although Washington's streak stays in tact through week 6 (KC) and NE's doesn't (Tenn)

Drek
10-13-2009, 11:46 AM

The '2' in that 10-2 line are the Jets and Giants, also quality teams themselves, FYI.

Doggcow
10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Only team 3 wins verses opponents with winning records, god, we've had such a weak schedule compared to the likes of Indy and NYG!

barryr
10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
The tough stretch for the Broncos is coming up. If they can survive it, like say a .500 record at least, they will make the playoffs of course and probably go on to win the division.

Broncos4tw
10-13-2009, 12:03 PM
I dunno what it is about Orton. I call it the Orton Factor. He isn't flashy, he can't scramble his way out of a wet paper bag, he doesn't have the zippiest fast, nor the deepest throw, but somehow, he keeps his passing rating high, he doesn't make mistakes (or they are flubbed repeatedly by defenses), and he keeps winning games.

I am not sure what it is, but I ain't gonna argue against it. Just keep doing it. He isn't Plummer or Griese or like anyone we have had. He isn't really like a Dilfer either. I have no idea what it is... but our team has the Orton Factor, and I'll not question it... just continue to love it.

Greatspirits
10-13-2009, 12:03 PM
The defensive Hog Index stat is the most impressive to me. Go Bronx!!

Pick Six
10-13-2009, 12:10 PM
The tough stretch for the Broncos is coming up. If they can survive it, like say a .500 record at least, they will make the playoffs of course and probably go on to win the division.

In my opinion, we are halfway through the tough stretch. I was looking at Dallas, New England, San Diego and Baltimore as the teams who could put a crimp in our plans for the playoffs. So far, we have survived two of the four tests...:thumbs:

barryr
10-13-2009, 12:18 PM
The next 8 games, they still have at the Chargers and Ravens, the Steelers at home, and the Giants at home and the Colts on the road. And have the Chargers again at home. Mixed in are games at the Skins and Chiefs and though they aren't very good, those games are away and won't be cakewalks either.

Rock Chalk
10-13-2009, 12:34 PM

Well we got SD who cant defend the run and cant run.
We got Baltimore who no longer looks all that great and after our game could be on a 4 game losing streak (NE, Cincy, Minnesota, Denver).
Then we get Pittsburgh at home who is looking better now that Mendenhall can run the ball, but their defense is still highly suspect.
Then we get to go to Washington.
Then we get SD at home.
Then we get the Giants at home and while the Giants are playing great, they are not overly spectacular either.
Off to KC for an easy win.
Then off to Indy, ugh.
Back home against the Raiders
Off to Philly, ugh again.
Then finish it off by polishing off KC.

14-2 is doable :)

****ing im getting even more optimistic these days.