PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Rumor Terrell Owens to Bears?

HEAV
10-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Craig Kanalley on 10.13.09

The hottest NFL rumor this morning involves the Chicago Bears and Buffalo Bills wide receiver Terrell Owens.

The origin actually appears to be ESPN's NFL Rumors page and the idea has gathered plenty of steam since, appearing on multiple blogs, Twitter, and elsewhere.

ESPN's Adam Schefter said it makes sense for Buffalo to consider trading T.O. now that it's fallen to 1-4 after an ugly 6-3 home loss to the Cleveland Browns. Now is the chance for the team to get something in return by dealing him to a contender.

TailgateNut
10-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Two "overinflated heads" in one locker room. They could blame each other for their failures on the field.

TheDave
10-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Ehhh... Hope not, he would be a major upgrade in Chicago for this season. I like the thought of our pick being in the teens.

Next year he would probably implode the team.

Mogulseeker
10-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Please yes.

baja
10-13-2009, 09:23 AM
What do they have to give Buffalo?

TailgateNut
10-13-2009, 09:24 AM
What do they have to give Buffalo?

A QB.:rofl:

GoBroncos DownUnder
COOL!
That would be AWESOME!
TO ripping on his QB, as Cutler pulls the pouty face!
http://blithespirit.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/jay_20cutler_20sad.jpg

2KBack
Ehhh... Hope not, he would be a major upgrade in Chicago for this season. I like the thought of our pick being in the teens.

I would think so as well, except that would give Cutler a Target to force the ball to. He's played better as a manager these past few games, a TO ratio might just put Cutler back into throw into coverage mode.

I'd rather them not get the talent though. I could care less about the future of Cutler or the Bears, but I want them to crash and burn this season.

Popps
10-13-2009, 09:25 AM
That would be hysterical.

Would Chicago actually sell their souls TWICE in one season?

crowebomber
TO is terrible this year. He has aged out and has more interest in his reality show. Send him there and watch the implosion.

baja
Please yes.

This could go either way, might help might hurt but if I had to pick one I think it will help which is bad for us. Two talented gunslinger types can do some damage especially QB & WR

TheDave
10-13-2009, 09:27 AM
I would think so as well, except that would give Cutler a Target to force the ball to. He's played better as a manager these past few games, a TO ratio might just put Cutler back into throw into coverage mode.

I'd rather them not get the talent though. I could care less about the future of Cutler or the Bears, but I want them to crash and burn this season.

Yeah, I just hate the thought of him having another Brandon Marshall to throw to... At this point it's just a rumor, hope it doesn't materialize.

baja
A QB.:rofl:

LOL they already gave away their best QB to us.

HEAV
Reasons to trade TO: save $4-plus million and get back a draft pick for player in last year of deal who can walk away after season for zip.

4 minutes ago from UberTwitter RT @jrpaar You got everyone in Buffalo thinking TO is going to be traded. <---Let me repeat: I don't expect them to trade him but should.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Traveler
10-13-2009, 09:28 AM

Why not help them implode now?:~ohyah!:

TheDave
10-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Why not help them implode now?:~ohyah!:

'Cause he always seems to be on his best behavior for the 1st season...

TailgateNut
10-13-2009, 09:30 AM
LOL they already gave away their best QB to us.

The Cutlerites are heading to the shed to grab their pitchforks as we speak.;D

HEAV
I would have thought that the Bears would have got involved in the Braylon Edwards action.

T.O. would just be train wreck.

Traveler
'Cause he always seems to be on his best behavior for the 1st season...

That is true, but not so much for the Bills this year.

Rohirrim
10-13-2009, 09:31 AM
This could help our draft pick. ;D

baja
10-13-2009, 09:35 AM
I would have thought that the Bears would have got involved in the Braylon Edwards action.

T.O. would just be train wreck.

They probably wanted to but after giving up two 1sts and a starting QB they have nothing left to deal with.

I still can't believe they gave us 2 1STs, a 5th and our new franchise QB for Cutler. ;D

TheDave
10-13-2009, 09:36 AM
They probably wanted to but after giving up two 1sts and a starting QB they have nothing left to deal with.

I still can't believe they gave us 2 1STs, a 5th and our new franchise QB for Cutler. ;D

Orton, 2 #1's, and a 3rd

-for-

Cutler and a 5th (Johnny Knox)

Mogulseeker
10-13-2009, 09:42 AM
This could go either way, might help might hurt but if I had to pick one I think it will help which is bad for us. Two talented gunslinger types can do some damage especially QB & WR

Until TO blows an assignment that causes an INT. Cutler blames TO in the media. TO complains about a bad pass. Then TO complains that he isn't getting the ball enough, so Cutler continues to throw into triple and quadruple coverage. Meanwhile the INTs mount up. Bears morale and work ethic does down, and they're stuck in 6-10 limbo.

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Until TO blows an assignment that causes an INT. Cutler blames TO in the media. TO complains about a bad pass. Then TO complains that he isn't getting the ball enough, so Cutler continues to throw into triple and quadruple coverage. Meanwhile the INTs mount up. Bears morale and work ethic does down, and they're stuck in 6-10 limbo.

but ...

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/original/terrell_owens_little_t_learns_to_share.pg.jpg
He has changed! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

atomicbloke
10-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Orton, 2 #1's, and a 3rd

-for-

Cutler and a 5th (Johnny Knox)

That might be the most valuable part of the deal we gave up.

Know has really light it up, both receiving and returning.

TheDave
10-13-2009, 09:57 AM
That might be the most valuable part of the deal we gave up.

Know has really light it up, both receiving and returning.

I still wish we didn't do any of it... but that's just me.

now pardon me while I go back to my bears message board...;D

TailgateNut
10-13-2009, 10:00 AM
I still wish we didn't do any of it... but that's just me.

now pardon me while I go back to my bears message board...;D

Hey Dave. Just think of it as Pat just "stopped writing the checks".:wiggle:
to Shanny and Cutler.

TheDave
10-13-2009, 10:01 AM
to Shanny and Cutler.

Great... now Pat Bowlen is Ron Paul.

**** I really am going to become a bears fan Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
10-13-2009, 11:03 AM
to Shanny and Cutler.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/amVNMkhajiw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/amVNMkhajiw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

rastaman
10-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Two "overinflated heads" in one locker room. They could blame each other for their failures on the field.

Should Cutler and TO get along however with Forte starting to come on the Bears are good enough to beat the Vikings and make a trip to the SB!

Probably won't happen.

BroncoMan4ever
10-13-2009, 11:20 AM

i agree. i hope it doesn't happen. for the most part TO is a good guy to have around for a year before he rips the team apart. if they get him we won't see trouble brew until the middle of next season and he will be making them better this year which adversely affects the pick we get from them next year

Man-Goblin
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
This trade would raise the douchebag level on that team to twice the legal limit.

TailgateNut
10-13-2009, 11:25 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/amvnmkhajiw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/amvnmkhajiw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

^5

lex
10-13-2009, 11:27 AM
This is all a media creation. Ill believe it when I see it.

baja
10-13-2009, 11:34 AM

It looks like you have been following TO career.

The part that is of some concern to me is Cutler's strength is zipping the ball in there on 15 to 20 yard throws matches TO's strength of getting the ball and doing something with it after the catch and with Hester on the other side he (TO) would be hard to take away.