PDA

View Full Version : Who's the gutless drunk now?

crowebomber
10-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Just a little update on how other HC interviewees are doing around the league:

Raheem Morris - Tampa - 0-5 -already rumors of a coaching change
Steve Spagnuolo - Rams - 0-5 - Have only scored 34 points in 5 games.

Josh McDaniels - Broncos - 5-0, #2 ranked defense, #6 ranked offense

Ambiguous
10-13-2009, 08:51 AM
So what do you guys think our record would be with Shanny/Slowik? I'm guessing we're 4-1 with an impending collapse.

Mr. Elway
10-13-2009, 08:53 AM
We'd be 3-2 or 2-3 I think. Cincinatti and the Patriots would have blown massive holes in Slowick's defense.

tsiguy96
10-13-2009, 08:53 AM
also, rex ryan is 3-2, mangina is 1-4.

Dagmar
10-13-2009, 08:55 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/3/128675616384237469.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z241/jj_159/DaFonz.jpg

bronco militia
10-13-2009, 08:57 AM
I wonder if pat remembers Mike Shanahan

Jens1893
10-13-2009, 09:01 AM
I wonder if pat remembers Mike Shanahan

im fairly certain he does when he checks his bank statements

snowtrx
10-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Although there is some evidence against it, maybe Bowlen has plenty of cash? Either way the man deserves major props for willing to throw away 7 - 21 million $$$ for a chance to be better.

How about Fearless Drunk?

2KBack
10-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Hard comparison to make. So many changes were made in the offseason, this is not the team that Shanahan would be coaching. So there is no way to make an accurate comparison really.

I do think it's worth noting that Bowlen certainly seems to have chosen a great replacement. I am pretty sure that neither Morris or Spagulolo would be 5-0 right now.

bronco militia
10-13-2009, 09:08 AM
im fairly certain he does when he checks his bank statements

bwhaha

TheDave
10-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Hard comparison to make. So many changes were made in the offseason, this is not the team that Shanahan would be coaching. So there is no way to make an accurate comparison really.

I do think it's worth noting that Bowlen certainly seems to have chosen a great replacement. I am pretty sure that neither Morris or Spagulolo would be 5-0 right now.

In the early stages I wanted Spags... Then I flopped between Rex Ryan and Spags.

As far as the early results go... I'm glad I wasn't making the decision.

tsiguy96
10-13-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm glad I wasn't making the decision.

me too :curtsey: Hilarious!

TailgateNut
10-13-2009, 09:15 AM

Would that be the SAME Steve Spagetti BF7 wanted as our head coach?:spit:

2KBack
In the early stages I wanted Spags... Then I flopped between Rex Ryan and Spags.

As far as the early results go... I'm glad I wasn't making the decision.

I fell into the party that was calling for a defensive minded coach as well, and honestly knew very little about McDaniels. While I was taken back by the choice at first, I warmed up very quickly when researching him a bit further. Of course I am a kool-aid drinking homer without the proper level of individualist thinking, or dissension from the FO required to be a smart fan.

TheDave
me too :curtsey: Hilarious!

Hey a Rex Ryan led D with Cutler on offense might have been pretty good also... Spags looks like a complete fail.

TheDave
10-13-2009, 09:16 AM
I fell into the party that was calling for a defensive minded coach as well, and honestly knew very little about McDaniels. While I was taken back by the choice at first, I warmed up very quickly when researching him a bit further. Of course I am a kool-aid drinking homer without the proper level of individualist thinking, or dissension from the FO required to be a smart fan.

Boo Hoo... According to most here I'm a bears fan. ;)

2KBack
10-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Boo Hoo... According to most here I'm a bears fan. ;)

oh good, we are both crappy fans.

crowebomber
10-13-2009, 09:23 AM
I was pulling for McDaniels with Romeo Crennel as D coordinator. But I was also pretty big on bringing Pioli in to make personnel decisions. Yikes!

Kaylore
10-13-2009, 09:33 AM
If people would have listened to what McDaniels was saying and what the players (sans Cutler) were saying about him they would have seen he knew his stuff. I liked the McDaniels hire because you NEVER hire a coach to fix a team for the situation that they are in because their situation changes from season to season. You want someone there for the long term who understands everything and can deal with a team under a variety of circumstances.

DenverBrit
10-13-2009, 09:36 AM
if people would have listened to what mcdaniels was saying and what the players (sans cutler) were saying about him they would have seen he knew his stuff. I liked the mcdaniels hire because you never hire a coach to fix a team for the situation that they are in because their situation changes from season to season. You want someone there for the long term who understands everything and can deal with a team under a variety of circumstances.

+1

baja
10-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Although there is some evidence against it, maybe Bowlen has plenty of cash? Either way the man deserves major props for willing to throw away 7 - 21 million $$$ for a chance to be better.

How about Fearless Drunk?

I cast my vote for fearless genius

baja
10-13-2009, 10:02 AM
<b>If people would have listened to what McDaniels was saying and what the players (sans Cutler) were saying about him they would have seen he knew his stuff.</b> I liked the McDaniels hire because you NEVER hire a coach to fix a team for the situation that they are in because their situation changes from season to season. You want someone there for the long term who understands everything and can deal with a team under a variety of circumstances.

This is a very good point Kaylore. I thought there was a lot of early evidence that Josh was a multi talented young man who deserved a chance to prove himself.

TheDave
10-13-2009, 10:06 AM
This is a very good point Kaylore. I thought there was a lot of early evidence that Josh was a multi talented young man who deserved a chance to prove himself.

To me the biggest shock has been his ability to do what he does at his age.

So far my almost 40 years life has taught me that experience and age matter.

So far, not for him.

As far as what he said... who cares? All these guys generally say the right thing. The difference is, he has managed to make what he said come true.

Paladin
10-13-2009, 10:07 AM
"PAAAATTTTT.......Come back Pat....... The Dave needs you........"

(along with several others)

Mogulseeker
10-13-2009, 10:17 AM

Eric Mangini - Browns - 1-4

When the Bucs fire Morris, we should pick him up as a DBs coach.

DenverBrit
10-13-2009, 10:19 AM

Apparently, Bowlen knew what he was doing and those who described him as a 'gutless drunk' were clueless drama queens.

Go figure! ;D

Crashman44b
10-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey a Rex Ryan led D with Cutler on offense might have been pretty good also... Spags looks like a complete fail.

I agree. Rex's D got beat up last night, but he'll get it fixed. I like him alot.

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
"PAAAATTTTT.......Come back Pat....... The Dave needs you........"

(along with several others)

You are pathetic

Seriously

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4grwcnJcpRA/SDhz85rNHHI/AAAAAAAAAFE/ib1LUzoaxMA/s400/waste_of_time.jpg

OBF1
10-13-2009, 10:41 AM
You are pathetic

Seriously

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4grwcnJcpRA/SDhz85rNHHI/AAAAAAAAAFE/ib1LUzoaxMA/s400/waste_of_time.jpg

Go post another poll about waste of time

Rock Chalk
10-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Spagnuolo in his defense, inherited an all time epic failure of a team. FO rated the Rams defense from last year one of the worst in HISTORY.

That and the offense is not what it was.

Spags truly has a long term rebuilding project on his hands.

McD really did have a lot of talent to work with at least in some areas. Most of the offense, and a piece here or there on Defense. Spags has a RB, thats it.

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Go post another poll about waste of time

I'm on it.

Popps
10-13-2009, 10:52 AM
So what do you guys think our record would be with Shanny/Slowik? I'm guessing we're 4-1 with an impending collapse.

:spit:

Good stuff, but highly unlikely we would have gotten out of the past couple of games with wins. Defensive breakdowns and sloppy QB play would likely have us at 3-2 right now, or worse.

crowebomber
10-13-2009, 10:56 AM
:spit:

Good stuff, but highly unlikely we would have gotten out of the past couple of games with wins. Defensive breakdowns and sloppy QB play would likely have us at 3-2 right now, or worse.

I just keep picturing Jamie Winborn chasing Jason Witten down the field over and over.

Crushaholic
10-13-2009, 12:31 PM

McDaniels has added plenty of pieces, but Nolan's scheme has made Shanahan holdovers like DJ, Dumervil, and even Kenny Peterson, better players...

ScottXray
10-13-2009, 01:09 PM
McD's coaching philosophy is what has made those players better.

Preparation and teaching as well as getting rid of club med camps.

He don't know , indeed!

Drek
10-13-2009, 01:26 PM

So far, not for him.

As far as what he said... who cares? All these guys generally say the right thing. The difference is, he has managed to make what he said come true.

How so?

He was raised by one of the best high school football coaches of all time and spent every waking free moment since early childhood involved with his father's coaching, up to and including playing QB for him.

He then played QB in college, after which he was a graduate assistant for Nick Saban at Michigan State. From there he went straight to work for the Patriots, where he'd been until he came here.

How long have you done your job? Josh McDaniels has been learning how to be a football coach for nearly his entire life, about three decades worth, and he's done it around three of the most successful people to ever do the job at each respective level (Thom McDaniels - high school, Nick Saban - college, Bill Beilichick - NFL).

Years do not equal experience, just time to potentially gain experience. McDaniels has crammed every last bit of experience with regards to coaching football that he could into his comparatively short time on this planet.

baja
10-13-2009, 01:40 PM

So far, not for him.

<b>As far as what he said... who cares? All these guys generally say the right thing. The difference is, he has managed to make what he said come true.

It wasn't only what he said, Team first etc, it was what other players and coaches were saying about him and his accomplishments also it was about his (non Cutler) personal moves. There was plenty early indication that he was a solid young man. Couple that with the fact that Bowlen has made good decisions since he has owned the Broncos and that should have been enough to atleast realize we were on the outside looking in and were not in a position to really know anything so taking a wait and see position would have been the wise choice.

baja
10-13-2009, 01:49 PM

I think we lose to Cinci Dallas and NE

Killericon
10-13-2009, 01:53 PM
I was against the firing of Mike, but very happy with the hiring of Josh.

Arkansas Bronco
10-13-2009, 01:55 PM
On Sundays im usually drunk but sorry to say never gutless. So do I get half the credit?

bpc
10-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Bowlen has completely proven me wrong on the coaching front, it is still early though.

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
On Sundays im usually drunk but sorry to say never gutless. So do I get half the credit?

All I can tell you for sure is if you didnt swing from McD's nuts the day he arrived you are a bad fan :peace:

Arkansas Bronco
10-13-2009, 02:09 PM
All I can tell you for sure is if you didnt swing from McD's nuts the day he arrived you are a bad fan :peace:

:pray: Im sorry it had to be proven before i believed please forgive me. I believe now, but still give me my whiskey.

baja
10-13-2009, 02:11 PM

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/10/54/30/the-broken-ceiling-fan.jpg

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 02:12 PM
:pray: Im sorry it had to be proven before i believed please forgive me. I believe now, but still give me my whiskey.

You will have to go before the noob alliance of judgement and seek their forgiveness.

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 02:13 PM
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/10/54/30/the-broken-ceiling-fan.jpg

Actually as long as its mechanically sound that fan might actually work better

Beantown Bronco
10-13-2009, 02:16 PM

If your name is Alphonso Smith or Josh McDaniels maybe. Might be cutting it close for a lot of other folks though.

Depends on how tall the guy is in the photo.

Arkansas Bronco
10-13-2009, 02:16 PM
You will have to go before the noob alliance of judgement and seek their forgiveness.

Noob my ass 24 years of standin by my team serves me justice.

P.S.- Go HOGS

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Noob my ass 24 years of standin by my team serves me justice.

P.S.- Go HOGS

Does not matter Ark if you stood with them for 24 years or 24 minutes. If you didnt jump on McD's nuts day 1 the noob population will attempt to crush your soul.

Arkansas Bronco
10-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Does not matter Ark if you stood with them for 24 years or 24 minutes. If you didnt jump on McD's nuts day 1 the noob population will attempt to crush your soul.

Yea but you got crushed by swine. I have better chances.

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Yea but you got crushed by swine. I have better chances.

All ****ing pigs must die. No lie that **** is nasty I was stuck in bed for days.

http://2yen.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/1314this-little-bastard-killed-us-all-swine-flu.jpg

Paladin
10-13-2009, 02:29 PM
You are pathetic

Seriously

Suck it, sheephead.....

baja
10-13-2009, 02:32 PM

http://moomookau.org/memories/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=452&g2_serialNumber=2

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Suck it, sheephead.....

You missed me and you know it.

Arkansas Bronco
10-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Pal youve been here enough you really think arguing with him will help. :)

Paladin
10-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Nah, you're right. He's a worthless diseased skank hunter......

This message is hidden because McDortoh is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM

This message is hidden because McDortoh is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Damn it now what will I do :rofl:

Arkansas Bronco
10-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Lets trade Champ 4 Favre. Championship.

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 02:44 PM
PS diseased skanks need love to

Arkansas Bronco
10-13-2009, 02:46 PM
PS diseased skanks need love to

Uh lets keep that to yourself bro, you never know who the hell seen that and needs lovin.

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Uh lets keep that to yourself bro, you never know who the hell seen that and needs lovin.

Are you saying I should expect a call from a short frenchmen? :giggle:

Paladin
10-13-2009, 03:45 PM

From the Broncos Forum

"#1 09-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Dortoh
self appointed expert Join Date: May 2008
Adopted Bronco: Mike Nolan

This is going to suck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm here for my crow. I thought about waiting to see how we play against better teams but thats not the point really. Regardless of how many W's/L's we get this year I love the direction McD is taking the team. I was so sick of the finese soft team. This team plays hard and smart thats nice to see around here for a change.

Just a strong smart team thank you Mr. McD. Nolen who I dont have to eat crow for should be getting his share of props also. 16 total points is a Bronco record for the first 3 games of any season for anyone who loves stats.

I'm on the coach McD bandwagon........better late then never right

Anyone else wanna join me and take their beating this is your chance. Again I'm not ready to start talking playoffs or winning record but after 3 games I simply love the direction McD is taking my Broncos

Ouch my first mistake ever. I guess it was bound to happen someday

Ok day 1 supporters of McD can flame me, shoot me, razz me, flat out assult me and I wont take it personal or fire back (maybe )"

And a hypocrite, too. The picture with the crow in your mouth didn't transfer, That was cute.

:D :thumbsup: :P

Hotrod
10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
"#1 09-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Dortoh
self appointed expert Join Date: May 2008
Adopted Bronco: Mike Nolan

This is going to suck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm here for my crow. I thought about waiting to see how we play against better teams but thats not the point really. Regardless of how many W's/L's we get this year I love the direction McD is taking the team. I was so sick of the finese soft team. This team plays hard and smart thats nice to see around here for a change.

Just a strong smart team thank you Mr. McD. Nolen who I dont have to eat crow for should be getting his share of props also. 16 total points is a Bronco record for the first 3 games of any season for anyone who loves stats.

I'm on the coach McD bandwagon........better late then never right

Anyone else wanna join me and take their beating this is your chance. Again I'm not ready to start talking playoffs or winning record but after 3 games I simply love the direction McD is taking my Broncos

Ouch my first mistake ever. I guess it was bound to happen someday

Ok day 1 supporters of McD can flame me, shoot me, razz me, flat out assult me and I wont take it personal or fire back (maybe )"

And a hypocrite, too. :D :thumbsup: :P

This guy is getting pissed LOL

Arkansas Bronco
10-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Pal - Dortoh has been texting me 19-0 from pre-season, calm down some and member how the mane use to roll

Cito Pelon
10-13-2009, 05:45 PM

Agreed.

Mr. Elway
10-13-2009, 07:42 PM

So far, not for him.

Have you considered the possibility that you are an underachiever?

BroncoInSkinland
10-13-2009, 07:50 PM
You missed me and you know it.

F you, you prick. You go and lead a rebellion about a basketball thread getting locked, then just ditch out? F you again. ......oh and Baja has been making some goofy polls, you might want to check them out.

Hotrod
10-14-2009, 06:59 AM
F you, you prick. You go and lead a rebellion about a basketball thread getting locked, then just ditch out? F you again. ......oh and Baja has been making some goofy polls, you might want to check them out.

I still have my people working on the basketball thread Ha!

TheDave
10-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Have you considered the possibility that you are an underachiever?

Nope...

barryr
10-14-2009, 07:38 AM
The Browns and Rams both look worse this year than they did with their previous coaches. Tampa isn't doing much better either.

Interestingly the Bills, Chiefs, and Tampa all fired their offensive coordinators just before the regular season started(they had been new hired too during the offseason) and all 3 are still horrid offensively.

The way it looks, Dallas, Skins, Bills, maybe Browns, maybe Tampa, Raiders(as usual), maybe Chargers(depending how far they go), maybe Bears if they don't make the playoffs, and maybe Carolina could be looking for new coaches next year.

Hotrod
10-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Pal - Dortoh has been texting me 19-0 from pre-season, calm down some and member how the mane use to roll

This place has certainly changed thats for sure Ark.

Yes, I start a **** load of silly, funny possibly annoying threads but for those that act like little bitches about it take a closer look. I dont spam the main forum or start retarded threads during the football season........thats right my tom foolery is only in the offseason.

Was I wrong about McD? It sure looks like it and I unlike some here can and have admitted when I was wrong. How exactly does that make me a hypocrite as the little frenchmen claims? Or a bad fan as some of the anal retentive assholes that have invaded this message board claim?

Either Way GO BRONOCOS

Hotrod out

DenverBrit
10-14-2009, 07:51 AM

So far, not for him.

Age really doesn't mean much.

Experience? Bowlen has enough to know what he was doing with his franchise and to recognize a talented, young coach. :thumbsup:

TheDave
10-14-2009, 07:54 AM
This place has certainly changed thats for sure Ark.

Yes, I start a **** load of silly, funny possibly annoying threads but for those that act like little b****es about it take a closer look. I dont spam the main forum or start retarded threads during the football season........thats right my tom foolery is only in the offseason.

Was I wrong about McD? It sure looks like it and I unlike some here can and have admitted when I was wrong. How exactly does that make me a hypocrite as the little frenchmen claims? Or a bad fan as some of the anal retentive a-holes that have invaded this message board claim?

Either Way GO BRONOCOS

Hotrod out

My hope is that things level off as the season goes on...

Right now we are on pace for a 16-0 season so people like myself who doubted this team look to be so horrifically wrong it's easy pickings for most.

As the season wears on and the team starts trending towards an eventual 9-7 to 12-4 record the "Shun the disbelievers of happy Unicorn Land" attitude will quite down... maybe.

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 07:55 AM

:thumbsup:

Experience, mgt. skills and drive trump age every time.

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 07:58 AM
My hope is that things level off as the season goes on...

Right now we are on pace for a 16-0 season so people like myself who doubted this team look to be so horrifically wrong it's easy pickings for most.

As the season wears on and the team starts trending towards an eventual 9-7 to 12-4 record the "Shun the disbelievers of happy Unicorn Land" attitude will quite down... maybe.

Did you read what you wrote?

"an eventual 9-7 to 12-4 record" is awesome IMO. Much better than the 3-13 and 4-12 predictions of impending doom posted here after the hiring of Josh and the QB cleansing.

TheDave
10-14-2009, 08:01 AM

Experience? Bowlen has enough to know what he was doing with his franchise and to recognize a talented, young coach. :thumbsup:

Experience comes with age...

Look I'm impressed as hell with what this kid is able to do at such a young age.

I'm sure you and most others could head up a $100+ million organization while doing constant pressers, working 100 hours per week, and having people in the press and on the internets publicly doubt every move you made... all at 33 years old.

But for mere mortals like myself... I'm shocked at his ability to do so.

TheDave
10-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Did you read what you wrote?

"an eventual 9-7 to 12-4 record" is awesome IMO. Much better than the 3-13 and 4-12 predictions of impending doom posted here after the hiring of Josh and the QB cleansing.

Yep... I might have doubted the coach, but my math skills remain.

5-0 makes 4-12 very tough. ;D

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 08:07 AM

Look I'm impressed as hell with what this kid is able to do at such a young age.

I'm sure you and most others could head up a $100+ million organization while doing constant pressers, working 100 hours per week, and having people in the press and on the internets publicly doubt every move you made... all at 33 years old.

I don't think anyone aside from jhns and the rev have claimed to be able to handle the duties of an NFL head coach. What we are attemting to point out, is that, age doesn't guarantee success.

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Yep... I might have doubted the coach, but my math skills remain.

5-0 makes 4-12 very tough. ;D

It could happen, given the current NFL attitude against our team.ROFL!

TheDave
10-14-2009, 08:12 AM
I don't think anyone aside from jhns and the rev have claimed to be able to handle the duties of an NFL head coach. What we are attemting to point out, is that, age doesn't guarantee success.

Nothing "Gaurantees" success... Unfortunately, it takes most people more than 3 decades on this planet to acquire the skill set and maturity to do what he is doing.

Mr. Elway
10-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Spagnuolo in his defense, inherited an all time epic failure of a team. FO rated the Rams defense from last year one of the worst in HISTORY.

Wasn't ours rated a close second?

DenverBrit
10-14-2009, 08:28 AM

Sometimes.

Other times when someone says they have 20 years experience, they often mean 5 years experience repeated four times.

The most important individual in the whole off season was Bowlen.
His experience allowed him to recognize, what might turn out to be, a unique talent.
He went from one of the best owners in sports to WTF?? OMG!!! just because some of the drama queens didn't understand.

The moral is: When in doubt, look at the person we know and admire and see what moves they're making. ;D

TheDave
10-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Sometimes.

Other times when someone says they have 20 years experience, they often mean 5 years experience repeated four times.

LOL ... Very true.

Mr. Elway
10-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Common sense + experience = wisdom.
Stupidity + experience = stubborness.

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Common sense + experience = wisdom.
Stupidity + experience = stubborness.

or Stubborness +Experience= Stupidity.;)

tsiguy96
10-14-2009, 09:00 AM

That and the offense is not what it was.

Spags truly has a long term rebuilding project on his hands.

McD really did have a lot of talent to work with at least in some areas. Most of the offense, and a piece here or there on Defense. Spags has a RB, thats it.

we have 7/8 new starters on defense depending on package, if mcdaniels and nolan managed to find all these guys to play, spags should have ben able to as well...