PDA

View Full Version : did clady give up a sack?

tsiguy96
10-13-2009, 01:38 AM
someone said something that he finally gave up a sack, did he give one up and when was it?

lex
10-13-2009, 01:40 AM
someone said something that he finally gave up a sack, did he give one up and when was it?

It was on that last play on offense near the end of regulation.

You didnt read about this in jail?

tsiguy96
10-13-2009, 01:43 AM
yes, i was in jail lex.

BMarsh615
10-13-2009, 01:44 AM
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8789&team=7

This doesn't say he gave up a sack.

lex
10-13-2009, 01:45 AM
yes, i was in jail lex.

You should really stop purging the ammonium tanks in your neighbors front yard.

ZONA
10-13-2009, 01:45 AM
at some point, the sack must be taken from the linemen and put on the receivers. Seemed like it was a coverage sack to me. Wasn't like Clady got beat flat out and the sack happened in 3 seconds.

tsiguy96
10-13-2009, 01:46 AM
at some point, the sack must be taken from the linemen and put on the receivers. Seemed like it was a coverage sack to me. Wasn't like Clady got beat flat out and the sack happened in 3 seconds.

yea i dont know exactly, not saying he deserved it or it was a bad play on his part, just statistically if he was credited with allowing a sack or not or if his record continues.

lex
10-13-2009, 01:47 AM
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8789&team=7

This doesn't say he gave up a sack.

I think I remember seeing that it becomes official on Wed.

BroncoMan4ever
10-13-2009, 02:55 AM

i hate that coverage sacks go against the linemen. that is a sack that should Not be added to Clady's total.

until he flat out just gets beat and allows the sack like that, i say personally i believe his streak continues.

Gort
10-13-2009, 04:23 AM
who cares? it's stupid to "create" silly individual stats like these for lineman. for the record, i think sacks are a dumb stat to record also. ask deacon jones how many sacks he had... he couldn't tell you because they didn't obsess over mindless stats back in his day and they didn't even invent the "sack" until the 80's. it's a team game. everybody does their part to help the team win. that's what matters. look at how the invention of the "save" has f'ed up major league pitching. we now have designated setup men and closers who only pitch when they have a chance to record a "save". it's beyond stupid to take one of your best pitchers and hold him in reserve to only pitch the 9th and only if leading by 3 or fewer runs or if the opposing team has the potential tying run on base, at bat, or on deck.