PDA

View Full Version : Heres hoping to good old fashioned phillis rivers BEAT DOWN!!

Soul-Bronco
10-12-2009, 07:18 PM
The season has been great so far!! but man o man, kickin the crap out of the chargers in SD would be better than my last one night stand!!

This game will not be easy!!! divison rivals always play tough!! I hope we kick the crap outta these guys in all phases of the game on monday!! it would be so sweet to beat them like the past regimes struggled to do!!

i can remember a 5 good minutes segment on PTI before the season started inwhich LT was claiming he is back and 100%. lol looks whos talkin now LT

Come on Mcd, the team! dont slip up and take this team lightly!!!

thoughts??

GO BRONCOS

Man-Goblin
10-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Wait, you're trying to trick me. I don't think the Broncos have ever stopped Rivers.

Kid A
10-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Come on Mcd, the team! dont slip up and take this team lightly!!!

thoughts??

GO BRONCOS

After an entire offseason of hearing how SD would lock up a division title by midseason? Not likely.

I think this is clearly the best offense we'll have faced, but their defense has been equally bad. I'd look for both teams to crack 20 pts. The Chargers are pretty much playing for their lives and will throw everything they've got at us.

Soul-Bronco
10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
if orton does not throw any picks, and we dont fumble we win this game. I believe our defense can stop those sproles screens that have killed us so much in the past. I also think our CB's > there WR's. We have to win the turn over battle

baja
10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Glad we got that extra day That was a hard game with NE.

Soul-Bronco
10-12-2009, 07:30 PM
they also will be fresh! conviently they get a bye right before us! but hopefully that gets them out of synch and cold. !!! Special teams must play better!!!

scorpio
10-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Chargers win 73-3 and we all look like this afterward

http://imgur.com/wj058.gif

Archer81
10-12-2009, 07:39 PM
This thread must be remojinated. How can we dare to compete with the mighty mighty chargers?

:Broncos:

DenverBrit
10-12-2009, 07:45 PM
they also will be fresh! conviently they get a bye right before us! but hopefully that gets them out of synch and cold. !!! Special teams must play better!!!

The more time Norv has to prepare, the better.

baja
10-12-2009, 07:45 PM
This thread must be remojinated. How can we dare to compete with the mighty mighty chargers?

Is that 18 or 81

Archer81
10-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Is that 18 or 81

81?

Los Broncos
10-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Of course ESPN will be picking SD to win so we might have a chance.

strafen
10-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Wait, you're trying to trick me. I don't think the Broncos have ever stopped Rivers.Rivers doesn't like to be hit
We may have not been able to stop him to a halt, but we've been able to get in his face a few times
Our defense this year will be something he's going to experience for the first time
He was used to our old defense of not putting pressure on the QB and our corners giving up 10-15 yards cushion to the recievers
This time, San Diego better have their OL ready to go because we will be going after Rivers

We're not going to be getting as many sacks as we've been getting, as we all saw against New England, but the continued pressure of the QB will eventually lead to good things at the moment we needed it the most

We sacked Brady once or twice?
I know for sure one of the sacks also created a fumble

Orange_Beard
10-12-2009, 09:53 PM
5 sacks, and a kick in the nuts.

strafen
10-12-2009, 09:55 PM
if orton does not throw any picks, and we dont fumble we win this game. I believe our defense can stop those sproles screens that have killed us so much in the past. I also think our CB's > there WR's. We have to win the turn over battleActually, I think Sproles will present a challenge for us. He's still a good back.
I'd like to see how we're going to prepare to stop him
Huge test for our defense yet again.
So far, they're doing a great job! 8')

JJJ
10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
The old-fashioned part implies it has happened before. It hasn't.

Rivers is really the Bolts only line of defense from getting that beat down delivered though. They are on shakey ground on all other fronts except special teams.

baja
10-12-2009, 10:02 PM
The old-fashioned part implies it has happened before. It hasn't.

Rivers is really the Bolts only line of defense from getting that beat down delivered though. They are on shakey ground on all other fronts except special teams.

Is your GM still calling out the team in the local media?

JJJ
10-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Is your GM still calling out the team in the local media?

For the most part yes but the fans are calling him out also. Most fans have seen him ignore the lines in the draft for three years running now and feel this is the root of their current problems. And of course his choice of Norv will never quite go away as an issue. AJ is losing his once very lofty status with the fans.

uplink
10-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Rivers doesn't like to be hit
We may have not been able to stop him to a halt, but we've been able to get in his face a few times
Our defense this year will be something he's going to experience for the first time

I hope the broncos do bring in the blitz against Rivers. I think it would work as long as Gates and the screen plays are covered.

c_lazy_r
10-13-2009, 08:29 AM
I think one of our biggest defensive weaknesses this year has been defending the screen. Hopefully Nolan and Co. get it worked out or Sproles could light us up.

Peoples Champ
10-13-2009, 08:31 AM
That would be sweet if we smoked him, Doomervill pankcakes him for 4 sacks.

Bronco Boy
10-13-2009, 08:36 AM
As long as Nate Webster's not playing we have a pretty good shot at stopping Sproles

55CrushEm
10-13-2009, 08:38 AM
The more time Norv has to prepare, the better.

:rofl:

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-13-2009, 08:43 AM
IMO: Denver's biggest problem will be the jump ball thrown to their WR's. But considering how much Rivers prefers to dump the short ball to his RB/TE, I really don't think they will have the QB-WR timing down!

Aside from that, I see this as a McDaniels v Norv game ... Josh is really showing how well he knows the game and can spread the ball around, ... while Norv hasn't shown us anything new in the past 3 seasons, all he has done is rely on the Chargers GLUT of offensive talent to win games.