PDA

View Full Version : So Let's Talk Throwback Uniforms

RhymesayersDU
10-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Your thoughts?

Edit: I didn't realize they'd get so much run today in the media. Count me in as one of the "they're so freakin' ugly that I actually kind of dig them."

My sister said "it was all about the super socks. That was the key to victory." Maybe!

Rock Chalk
10-12-2009, 05:15 PM
The socks completely destroy what is otherwise an OK throwback.

I completely understand why they were burned in teh first place after having seen them in full HD.

baja
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
My thoughts

make public polls

I love the unis and wish we could wear them every week.

RhymesayersDU
The socks completely destroy what is otherwise an OK throwback.

I completely understand why they were burned in teh first place after having seen them in full HD.

See I think the socks are in that "so ridiculous/ugly that they're actually awesome" category. I don't know. I don't care for the colors at all, for the jersey or pants or socks... But again, they were so ridiculous that I couldn't help but love them.

RhymesayersDU
My thoughts

make public polls

I love the unis and wish we could wear them every week.

My bad; I usually do but forgot to click the button apparently.

mr007
10-12-2009, 05:18 PM
As long as you twist the socks so it looks like you're trippin' ala Jabar Gaffney, they're cool.

crawdad
They look awesome in person. I was really amazed!

Rock Chalk
Your poll options suck.

And Public polls are for pussies who need validation.

2KBack
I really enjoyed them. Honestly the only part of the uni that is that bad is the socks, and I even enjoyed them for just a game. I'm personally glad I got to see a game played in those uniforms.

spdirty
10-12-2009, 05:24 PM
We are 1-0 in 2009 in them so yes, I love em.

baja
10-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Your poll options suck.

<b>And Public polls are for pussies who need validation.

One could say that about message boards too.

Especially sig lines.

labronx
10-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I've fallen in love again....with the Denver Broncos...I fell in love with them as a kid because of the Orange and Blue...and because they were the opposite of the Raiders...Those Mustard and Brown uniforms felt like I was watching something...not from this life...seriously...the win and the way we won...made it all that more inspiring...On Saturday night I started planning a weekend escape to go watch a game sometime this year...sensing something good was coming on.... I feel like something really special is happening and want to be part of it...I love that uniform...

Jerry Curl
10-12-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm trying to decide which one to buy...

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I want to see the 1980's style uniforms in a throwback game. That's the team I grew up with. Lots of memories of me and my dad rushing my mom out of post-church socializing so we could get home and watch the team.

If I saw the Broncos come out in those uniforms, I would definitely tear up a bit. I wasn't born during the era of the mustard unis, but those orange jerseys and the big D logo... they are etched into my soul.

Blueflame
10-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I love orange n' blue. Brown and yellow? Not so much.

socnorb777
10-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Although I know they are ugly, they are a cool part of Broncos history and I totally dig em. In fact, when I started my blog back in November, I used them for the name of it and registered www.verticallystripedsocks.com (http://www.verticallystripedsocks.com) because I liked em so much as a goofy historical footnote. When they announced the legacy games, I was over the moon.

BroncoBuff
10-17-2009, 09:51 AM
I love them, love them, love them.

I was surprised just how much ... even loved the socks, the whole look was wonderful I thought :thumbs:

bronco militia
10-17-2009, 09:57 AM
the old school look/style is great.....

but the worst color combination ever

RhymesayersDU
10-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Did anybody buy the socks? The store apparently sold out and is getting another shipment. I will be buying a pair.

Miss I.
10-17-2009, 09:59 AM
I liked the socks as bizarre as they were. The colors brown and yellow not so much, seriously, they made me think of Peanut M&Ms in those uniform which may just be something in my psychology, a weird oral fixation or something (shut up, I can hear your commments already smarties).
I like the orange jersey's though which is odd because I really think orange is not one of my favorite colors except for the Broncos.

socnorb777
10-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Did anybody buy the socks? The store apparently sold out and is getting another shipment. I will be buying a pair.

I got a pair back in August, I wore them to the Pats game as when else will it be appropriate to wear em? I posted some photos of em and the Pats game here...

http://www.verticallystripedsocks.com/2009/10/my-nfl-network-audition-tape-and-photos.html

BroncoBuff
10-17-2009, 10:05 AM
They looked goofy when just one person wore them, modeled them.

But when the whole team came running out wearing them, I freaking LOVE that uniform.

I'm gonna order a copy of that game from Atlas so I can always have that ;D

SportinOne
10-17-2009, 10:19 AM
I like them. A lot. They are bold, so I think you either love 'em or hate 'em.