PDA

View Full Version : JMFW and Fonzie Smith

Doggcow
10-12-2009, 02:42 PM
What did you guys think of their performances? I thought they did an amazing job containing one of the leagues best QB's and definately one of the leagues best passing games. They did show signs of youth throughout the game, but they also made some solid tackles and kept Welker under control.

I specifically remember one JMFW TFL on 2nd down that was just huge on one of their RBs!

Cito Pelon
10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Those two had their moments. They play within the system, they know they have a role to play, are drilled that is their role and to stay within it. That's what makes this D good, they play their roles and everybody trusts the other guy to be where he is supposed to be. They talk and they pinch down on what the O wants to do.

outdoor_miner
10-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Did Smith really play much? I remember him being in on one play (he was beat on a Welker catch I believe), but I didn't see much of him beside that. I wonder if his ankle is still hurting him.

So far this season - I've been impressed with both. Smith was great the first two games (he looked like a future stud to me), and JMFW was really good against Dallas.

Doggcow
10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
JMFW also had a huge pass break up on Welker too

Vegas_Bronco
10-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Just goes to show that if you have heart and want to compete...good things will happen. I'm sure he wanted to beat Smith out for the Nickel spot, but he's been making his case loud and clear in practice and with a huge day for Denver.

The Joker
10-12-2009, 03:07 PM
JMFW has been a real pleasant surprise the last couple of games.

Our depth in the defensive secondary looks very nice for this year, all hungry young guys who'll learn a lot from the vets in front of them.

Cito Pelon
10-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Did Smith really play much? I remember him being in on one play (he was beat on a Welker catch I believe), but I didn't see much of him beside that. I wonder if his ankle is still hurting him.

So far this season - I've been impressed with both. Smith was great the first two games (he looked like a future stud to me), and JMFW was really good against Dallas.

He played and pretty much just got in the way. But that's his role. I don't want to downplay it or make a big deal of it. He just got in the way of completing passes, and that's a big deal sometimes. And JMFW has filled in admirably also.

LittleFloyd
10-12-2009, 03:26 PM
JMFW is playing very well. But clue me in, why is he MF? It's hilarious, I just don't understand the reason.

jebures
10-12-2009, 04:09 PM
What did you guys think of their performances? I thought they did an amazing job containing one of the leagues best QB's and definately one of the leagues best passing games. They did show signs of youth throughout the game, but they also made some solid tackles and kept Welker under control.

I specifically remember one JMFW TFL on 2nd down that was just huge on one of their RBs!

JMFW getting a bonus check or a contract extension?

got some good news dis mornin. im bout to get a lil check. yessir. they owe me.

from his twitter page.

Houshyamama
10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
JMFW is playing very well. But clue me in, why is he MF? It's hilarious, I just don't understand the reason.

Don't look now, but Jack MF Williams is standing behind you.

UberBroncoMan
10-12-2009, 04:18 PM

He's Jack Mother ****ing Williams because of his INT return vs the Cardinals two preseasons ago.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XshLcT_0yM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XshLcT_0yM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Punisher
10-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Jack is good but i think A.Smith is better than him by far,but There both good so yea...

Ironlung
10-12-2009, 06:18 PM
A. Smith scared the sh!t outta me when he fielded the punt while running into the other bronco trying to field it.

*Famous*
10-12-2009, 07:25 PM
a healthy A. Smith shuts down welker a little better. I'm glad JMFW has been stepping up and I've bee impressed with his tackling especially. We will need them both when we play the colts!!