PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Moreno?

Soul-Bronco
10-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Ive been reading a couple people on other boards who keep proclaiming that we wasted the 12th pick on moreno. I think he is a stud that is only going to get better.

With Buck out, knowshon was responsible for many diffrent roles in our offense. Blocking, recieving, running knowshon had a full plate vs a very good run stuffing defense. Thats alot of pressure for a ROOKIE. I think this kid is going to get better and better, he just needs to keep focus with those fumbles. Great pick up in the draft IMO

Your thoughts?

Taco John
10-12-2009, 02:29 PM
I think he's a rookie with promise, and he's showing both - sometimes one more than the other.

Pontius Pirate
10-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Buck is the better talent, IMO. Need both on the field though

Man-Goblin
Playing very well. Over 100 yards of total offense again. He needs to hold on to the damn ball, though.

Broncomutt
He scares me really. He is a kid and new to the league, but he has got to do alot better and stop fumbling the damn----

****, spilled my coffee all over the keyboard!!

cmhargrove
10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Great pick,
starter material,
already helping us win games,
should get even better.

How'z that? I would make a Haiku if I remembered how.

Master___Pain
10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I think he's so very close to having a monster, break out game, hell he's had over 100 yards from scrimmage in the last two games, just under that in games 2 and 3.

He's going to be a great weapon in this offense.

Beantown Bronco
10-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Love the way he runs the ball, but he definitely puts it on the ground too much for my liking. Hopefully, he figures out something to deal with that, because I'm sure people are going to be hacking away all the time and trying to force a fumble first and foremost every time he runs the ball.

Soul-Bronco
10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
A tremendous run in OT to get us better field position. I dont care who you are, running directly into wilfork is not going to get you alot of yards

Williams
10-12-2009, 02:35 PM
On draft day, I was pretty upset when GB selected BJ Raji. Now, I am very happy GB selected BJ Raji. :sunshine:

Moreno and Ayers are looking exceptional and improving weekly.

Doggcow
10-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Fumbles too damn much. On our last drive/OT I was hoping they would just put Hillis or Lamont in...

If he stops fumbling he could be insane.

NFLBRONCO
10-12-2009, 02:38 PM
He looks good but, not reach great until we beef up inside OL positions.

PRBronco
10-12-2009, 02:41 PM
I love the kid, possibly the most passionate on the team, after Dawkins. Always runs hard and makes great cuts. Also people already respect his receiving ability, you could see the Pats freak out when they split him out wide, I know it made them use at least one time out.

Broncosfreak_56
10-12-2009, 02:43 PM
IMO, the only thing he needs to work on is holding on to the ball. Once he does that, he will be even more of a beast. Can't blame him for not getting those short yardage situations when our oline is getting destroyd at the line of scrimmage. I love the pick.

Soul-Bronco
I think we burned two of there Time outs on plays moreno went out wide!!! Awesome!!

Cito Pelon
Agile, quick, reads well, strong, versatile, rookie.

gyldenlove
10-12-2009, 02:44 PM
The only people who should be upset about that pick are Charger fans.

Moreno is a stud who does everything you need of a RB, he is a team player and he fights for it all. There is nothing not to like about this guy, he can be a focal point of the offense for years to come, running behind guys like Kuper and Clady and having Royal and Marshall keeping the pressure off him.

bfoflcommish
10-12-2009, 02:45 PM
1 thing scares me and im surprised it hasnt been said yet. I get scared everytime he gets tackled, seems he comes up gimpy almost every other play. i just hope he wont be injury prone

SoDak Bronco
10-12-2009, 02:50 PM
I trust the experts. Charlie Casserly and Mike Mayock who i really respect felt Moreno was the best player available, and I think we hit on both Ayers and Moreno. Plus we kept SD from drafting Moreno who I think may have looked long and hard at him.

SoDak Bronco
10-12-2009, 02:51 PM
1 thing scares me and im surprised it hasnt been said yet. I get scared everytime he gets tackled, seems he comes up gimpy almost every other play. i just hope he wont be injury prone

I know what you are saying.. I think that can be said about most nfl RB's, those guys take a beating.

Bronco Yoda
10-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm happy with the pick. He's still a rook and not at the level of Buck yet... But I like him. Much upside in this kid.

Smiling Assassin27
10-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Dude runs confidently but I don't think he's anywhere near his full talent/potential. He's learning that he can play at this speed, and he's learning that holding the ball like he did at UGA will not work in the NFL. Once he gets that down, he will then dominate, IMO, because then he can work solely on reading blocks, which Bobby Turner will teach him better than anyone.

I'm trying to think of who he reminds me of...maybe Edgerrin James or Chris Johnson...

anon
10-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I would already declare him a stud if not for the ball security issue. I'm very happy with everything else...

bronclvr
10-12-2009, 02:59 PM
At this stage I like Buckhalter better, but am hoping Moreno will fourish into the Back we paid for-being a first round pick I guess I expected someone more along the lines of TD (and he hasn't shown me that yet)-

Tombstone RJ
10-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Moreno just needs to stay healthy and protect the ball. If he does those two things it's all good...

beanerbronco
10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Impressed with him; He had two 10+ rushes IN OT! Got to the right corner on one and the other one was to the left (The O-LINE n TEs did a great job on sealin the sides on both)!
I think the fumbling problem is not just him, though he seems to be the most obvious one because he handles it more than the others, but quite a few players have shown some problem with holding on to the ball. Perhaps it is something that needs to be addressed in practice?

Rabb
10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
he did not fumble once at Georgia...not once

he will be fine

Peoples Champ
10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
great pickup, I was a doubter at first, just because I wanted to buff up the Defense in the draft, but Moreno is proving me wrong. I love how he finishes runs and punishes defenders. Dude is a beast, with speed too.

rastaman
10-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Ive been reading a couple people on other boards who keep proclaiming that we wasted the 12th pick on moreno. I think he is a stud that is only going to get better.

With Buck out, knowshon was responsible for many diffrent roles in our offense. Blocking, recieving, running knowshon had a full plate vs a very good run stuffing defense. Thats alot of pressure for a ROOKIE. I think this kid is going to get better and better, he just needs to keep focus with those fumbles. Great pick up in the draft IMO

Your thoughts?

He's gotten off to a great start all things considered. He's close to breaking some long runs. I think Moreno would be even more effective if he was sharing the running load with Hillis. Hillis would add a change of tempo, provide key lead blocks from the FB position and helping Moreno bust off longer runs.

I believe Hillis is the missing ingredient for sustaining drives on 3rd downs and is a match up nightmare in the Red Zone. Teams having to account for Hillis would definitely free up opportunites for Moreno. And a RBBC of Hillis--Moreno would be a pretty nasty combo.

Bronco Yoda
10-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I agree. I really thought Hillis would be dusted off now and brought in now that Buck is dinged up. He must be in the dog house still.

Soul-Bronco
10-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I really think mcdainels doesnt wanna take the risk of losing our only starting FB. I know we dont use the I formation much, but having no full back really will limit what plays can be called. When larson comes back from injury, i think hillis will get more carries.

underrated29
10-12-2009, 03:10 PM
He is the best of the best. He is the guy i wanted us to draft and was stoked when we did.

The problem for those expecting td, is our scheme. IMO we have 3 running plays. guard pull trap to the right, pull to the left, and the draw.

Sooner than later the defense is going to see this and stuff the run. We hardley ever do any counter, sweeps, toss. And not a whole lot of the zbs.

The pull and trap are good plays and effective, but they take a while to develop and gives the LB and S time to get into position.

With the zbs we were used to and used to seeing td bust it. We could hit the hole right away and be gone. It was a bam bam play.

Still- Knowshon is a PIMP- he imo still hasnt put it all together. Not even close. He has a long ways to go, but it is coming. He will bust one to the house real soon. you can see it coming. Right now he is just running people down. (which i love), but he has the moves to make them eat dirt. Just hasnt combined everything yet.

Clockwork Orange
10-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Love him. Great vision, quick feet, outstanding balance, strong runner. Hell, McDaniels trusts him enough to break out the "Wild Horses" formation and let him take snaps from center. Ball security is about the only complaint I have about him and hopefully that gets corrected quickly.

He and Buckhalter as a tandem is looking pretty nice.

BlaK-Argentina
10-12-2009, 03:30 PM
I would already declare him a stud if not for the ball security issue. I'm very happy with everything else...

This. There's nothing to dislike about him. Great hands, great acceleration, terrific balance, very athletic, blocks as well as any RB I've seen, very good vision, tough runner, and a great GREAT attitude to boot.

He just has to take care of the ball but once he stops fumbling he will be sick. A big part of why we won yesterday. :thumbsup:

BlaK-Argentina
10-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Impressed with him; He had two 10+ rushes IN OT! Got to the right corner on one and the other one was to the left (The O-LINE n TEs did a great job on sealin the sides on both)!
I think the fumbling problem is not just him, though he seems to be the most obvious one because he handles it more than the others, but quite a few players have shown some problem with holding on to the ball. Perhaps it is something that needs to be addressed in practice?

Yesterday it seemed that any time a Patriot touched one of our players we would drop the ball!! I was going crazy. McD needs to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Finger Roll
10-12-2009, 03:41 PM
I wish they would dump the ball off to him more because he is great at making people miss after the catch.

Baba Booey
10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Stud

bjeffrey
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
It's obvious he is still getting used to the NFL hits. Ball security is job #1 for him right now. That said, he has scary good physical skills. Anyone else notice how he muscles through traffic and then hits an extra gear almost instantly when he breaks free? If he stay's healthy, we're gonna love this pick.

Soul-Bronco
10-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I wish they would dump the ball off to him more because he is great at making people miss after the catch.

I agree, i think moreno in space is something scary. I also think we need to throw a couple of toss plays or sweeps TD style!!

But who knows, Maybe the McGenius is saving those plays for other foes?

Bronco Yoda
10-12-2009, 03:49 PM
I really think mcdainels doesnt wanna take the risk of losing our only starting FB. I know we dont use the I formation much, but having no full back really will limit what plays can be called. When larson comes back from injury, i think hillis will get more carries.

good point

AbileneBroncoFan
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
This guy's going to have a long productive career here. He's only going to get better. His uncanny ability to take a play that should be a one yard loss and turn it into a 3 or 4 yard gain is something that an offense going for efficiency over the big play needs. He helps us stay in position to be in 3rd and short, something we've sorely missed the past few years.

Drek
10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
He's just what I said he looked like before we drafted him (thanks to a smart breakdown by Pat Kirwan of NFLR though).

Tiki Barber 2.0. He's bigger and stronger than Tiki, at least as agile and explosive, and has that same speed that shows up on game day in pads but not on the track in shorts. He can block and catch well already.

Like Tiki he's got to learn how to take better care of the football, but that will come with time. Turner has fixed far worse cases of fumblitis.

What excites me the most is that he seems to have even more passion and love of the game than Tiki. He doesn't really watch football, talk football, etc., he just wants to play football. All day every day.

I like McDaniels working him in slower than what most teams do with their rookie backs. Moreno is such a versatile weapon that making him the bell cow at toteing the rock only takes away from his abilities to catch out of the backfield and pick up essential blocks on passing downs. As he gets into elite NFL conditioning and learns the speed of the pro game better he'll be able to play more and more snaps every Sunday, but for now he's best used in rotation as a ball carrier so we can still make use of his other talents and let them develop as well.

Broncoman13
10-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Buck is the better talent, IMO. Need both on the field though

Buck isn't the better talent he is the more seasoned veteran. Knowshon is the truth. He is incredible and when he stops having to think out there... WATCH OUT!!!

Broncos4tw
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Liking him so far. After the fumble, he started gripping that ball with both hands like they were superglued to it, so that was good. He is a rookie and will make some rookie mistakes, but I love his subtle cuts to make a few extra yards. And seeing him hit the wall and then bounce out for a solid run made me smile... would be nice to go to a mostly single back running game again, imo.

Broncoman13
10-12-2009, 04:28 PM
He's just what I said he looked like before we drafted him (thanks to a smart breakdown by Pat Kirwan of NFLR though).

Tiki Barber 2.0. He's bigger and stronger than Tiki, at least as agile and explosive, and has that same speed that shows up on game day in pads but not on the track in shorts. He can block and catch well already.

Like Tiki he's got to learn how to take better care of the football, but that will come with time. Turner has fixed far worse cases of fumblitis.

What excites me the most is that he seems to have even more passion and love of the game than Tiki. He doesn't really watch football, talk football, etc., he just wants to play football. All day every day.

I like McDaniels working him in slower than what most teams do with their rookie backs. Moreno is such a versatile weapon that making him the bell cow at toteing the rock only takes away from his abilities to catch out of the backfield and pick up essential blocks on passing downs. As he gets into elite NFL conditioning and learns the speed of the pro game better he'll be able to play more and more snaps every Sunday, but for now he's best used in rotation as a ball carrier so we can still make use of his other talents and let them develop as well.

Damn, you mean we have to live with an upgraded version of Tiki Barber for the next 8-10 years... oh darn. ;D

Popps
10-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm impressed. Still a bit concerned about his durability, but his performances have been very encouraging. Still feels like he's due to have a breakout game, but the way we rotate our backs... he may never have that HUGE statistical game, but if he can continue running for over 4 yards a carry and ripping off those 10 yard gains a few times a game... we'll be in great shape.

I'm excited to get Buck back, though. It's totally obvious to me why McD wanted them both, now. They're great compliments to each other.

Que
10-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Great pick,
starter material,
already helping us win games,
should get even better.

How'z that? I would make a Haiku if I remembered how.

Knowshon shows promise,
helps us win yesterday's game,
needs to stop fumbling

Soul-Bronco
10-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Another thing i love about this kid is the consistant 10 yard pick ups. Since week two, moreno has been breaking off many 10 or 11 yard carries giving us a fresh set of downs.

Like i told some idiot on the DB.com forum stating knowshon was a waste of a pick, this isnt madden you cant just push A and throw to the A reciever, for a RB to get a 10 yard gain many things need to go right, From the play calling, to the line blocking, to the rusher!

RunSilentRunDeep
10-12-2009, 04:59 PM
He has a little habit of tripping for no apparent reason, but he's going to be scary second half of the season.

Cito Pelon
10-12-2009, 05:10 PM

He's so good naturally the D goes after his knees and ankles. That's how it goes for tailbacks. Tailbacks generally don't last long in the NFL.

It's kind of funny how DL and LB guys get mad when someone goes after their knees, but D guys have no problem going after any O skill players' knees.

Br0nc0Buster
10-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Hes been doing well so far

Orton started clicking yesterday with our receivers, once we get our passing game up to snuff it will really help Moreno IMO

He didnt fumble in college, so Im not too worried about that yet, but he does need to keep in mind how important securing the ball is

The combination of Buck and Moreno looks like a really good tandem, hopefully Buck can stay healthy for us

SportinOne
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Moreno is not like Chris Johnson. Chris Johnson has both acceleration and top end speed. Moreno lacks the latter, but he is very quick and has great vision. That goes a long way. Buckhalter is much much better than I thought he was. I guess I just don't watch Eagles games. If we get him back for San Diego I think we will be in great shape.

lex
10-12-2009, 05:19 PM

Your thoughts?

He's done a solid job so far. Upgrading the running game is how we've achieved more balance in the offense. Upgrading the running game, has also helped the defense by being able to chew up more clock.

Harvitz81
10-12-2009, 05:34 PM
He's gotten off to a great start all things considered. He's close to breaking some long runs. I think Moreno would be even more effective if he was sharing the running load with Hillis. Hillis would add a change of tempo, provide key lead blocks from the FB position and helping Moreno bust off longer runs.

I believe Hillis is the missing ingredient for sustaining drives on 3rd downs and is a match up nightmare in the Red Zone. Teams having to account for Hillis would definitely free up opportunites for Moreno. And a RBBC of Hillis--Moreno would be a pretty nasty combo.

Have you not watched the games this year. Hillis is a ****ing disaster everytime he gets a chance to play. From fumbling the kickoff, penalties on special teams, penalties on goal to go situations, having to waste a timeout last game when Orton called an audible and Hillis didn't know where to line up. There is a reason Hillis isn't playing and it is because he is a total disaster when he gets a chance this year.

Look, I loved Hillis as much as everyone else for what he did for the team last year. But at this rate, if he doesn't improve on the little things and stop ****ing up, he doesn't deserve to be in there.

FireFly
10-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I just can't understand why hillis didn't get the ball at all!?

rastaman
10-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Have you not watched the games this year. Hillis is a ****ing disaster everytime he gets a chance to play. From fumbling the kickoff, penalties on special teams, penalties on goal to go situations, having to waste a timeout last game when Orton called an audible and Hillis didn't know where to line up. There is a reason Hillis isn't playing and it is because he is a total disaster when he gets a chance this year.

Look, I loved Hillis as much as everyone else for what he did for the team last year. But at this rate, if he doesn't improve on the little things and stop ****ing up, he doesn't deserve to be in there.

Well I slightly disagree with you. Hillis isn't a special teams player anymore than Moreno is. The audible situation is probably due not getting enough time to practice with the first team offense b/c McD has got Hillis on Special Teams. Hillis is a much stronger runner in short yardage and with his receiving skills out of the back field in the Red zone would be a mis-match nightmare. Hillis should be utilize as a lead blocker for Moreno as well.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-12-2009, 06:35 PM

McDaniels is a very conservative coach in the sense that if he feels good and sees success with the offensive personnel on the field, he's hesitant to change them out anymore than he has to with different packages. I don't have the slightest problem with that approach.

Hillis will get some touches in mop-up time, and once McDaniels gets comfortable with him (if he does well), he will be back in.

mhgaffney
10-12-2009, 08:05 PM
No one has mentioned it - so I repeat:

Moreno now leads all rookies in rushing yards by a wide margin.

When you consider he has hands like Royal - it's obvious he is already an incredible weapon out of the backfield -- and will only improve.

As re the fumbling. Just for comparison -- A Peterson has something like 14-15 fumbles the last two years. Moreno will be fine.

BMarsh615
10-12-2009, 08:15 PM
He doesn't look like a rookie to me. Except for his two fumbles he is doing everything well.

baja
10-12-2009, 08:18 PM
McDaniels is a very conservative coach in the sense that if he feels good and sees success with the offensive personnel on the field, he's hesitant to change them out anymore than he has to with different packages. I don't have the slightest problem with that approach.

Hillis will get some touches in mop-up time, and once McDaniels gets comfortable with him (if he does well), he will be back in.

I think McD is basically the opposite of what you claim

Soul-Bronco
10-12-2009, 08:20 PM
fact is moreno is a better back than hillis, thats why he is in the game. KM has the ability to take it the distance on any play. It just makes sense, even though i still love hillis

Chris
10-12-2009, 08:30 PM
He is our Marshall faulk and that's exactly what this offense needs.

anon
10-12-2009, 08:31 PM
McD isn't conservative. He seems to do whatever it takes to win, adapting his schemes and strategy to the specific opponent. The Wild Horse formation is a great example. But he does put a premium on not f***ing up when you're out there on the field. He likes players who are dependable. I would imagine Hillis has not demonstrated this quality yet, despite his talent.

lostknight
10-12-2009, 08:33 PM
The problem for those expecting td, is our scheme. IMO we have 3 running plays. guard pull trap to the right, pull to the left, and the draw.

Sooner than later the defense is going to see this and stuff the run. We hardley ever do any counter, sweeps, toss. And not a whole lot of the zbs.
With the zbs we were used to and used to seeing td bust it. We could hit the hole right away and be gone. It was a bam bam play.

I agree completely. If there is one systematic weakness with the NE system, it's always been the rushing game. I would have hoped that we would have kept more of the Shanny system here. The lack of 3rd and 4th down and short conversions also worries me about the existing system.

I don't think anyone would disagree that if Moreno was with last year's broncos, he would have several 100+ yard games under his belt. Of course, the other side of the scoreboard would be much more lopsided. The only lever Shanahan ever had to slow and control the game was the running game, since the passing game was built for home runs.

Bronco Boy
10-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I think Moreno will end up being a very complete player. Not awesome at any one thing, but sold at everything. Think Brian Westbrook, hopefully without the injuries. If that's his ceiling, its a pretty nice 1st round pick.

bronco militia
10-12-2009, 10:40 PM
I think he has improved every week

KevinJames
10-12-2009, 10:40 PM
was a big reason we beat the Patriots in OT.

Kid is looking better every week.

weapon in the run game and as a receiver also great pass protection.

waste of a pick I think not dudes a beast!

sisterhellfyre
10-12-2009, 11:44 PM
weapon in the run game and as a receiver also great pass protection.

One play at the end of the 4th quarter told me everything I wanted to know about Moreno. On that last third down, the Patriots threw a jailbreak blitz at Orton. Two defensive backs (sorry, don't remember their names) came clean through a hole between Clady and Hochstein. Knowshon was already moving up and timed his block perfectly. Both of "his" blitzers ended up face down on the turf at Orton's feet. Someone else got through for the sack, but that was a veteran block thrown by a rookie.

Here's to a long, long career in Denver for Knowshon. Cheers!

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-13-2009, 12:05 AM
McD isn't conservative. He seems to do whatever it takes to win, adapting his schemes and strategy to the specific opponent. The Wild Horse formation is a great example. But he does put a premium on not ****ing up when you're out there on the field. He likes players who are dependable. I would imagine Hillis has not demonstrated this quality yet, despite his talent.

That's what I meant. He's not conservative in gameplanning but he seems to be very conservative in use of personnel.

Cito Pelon
10-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Moreno is not like Chris Johnson. Chris Johnson has both acceleration and top end speed. Moreno lacks the latter, but he is very quick and has great vision. That goes a long way. Buckhalter is much much better than I thought he was. I guess I just don't watch Eagles games. If we get him back for San Diego I think we will be in great shape.

Moreno is certainly not like Chris Johnson. Moreno attacks.

Cito Pelon
10-13-2009, 12:44 AM

Bobby Turner makes the decisions. So I guess he's in Turner's doghouse for some reason.

Arkansas Bronco
10-13-2009, 12:46 AM
I aint readin through all this but he is a hell of a runner and Rec. just needs to hang onto the ball.

KevinJames
10-13-2009, 02:57 AM

he keeps making mistakes.

this week early in the game he was lined up wide but I guess in the wrong spot it seemed so he moved over late and clock was winding down Orton had to call a timeout.

and after that I didn't see much of him other than at fullback.

Drek
10-13-2009, 04:56 AM
Bobby Turner makes the decisions. So I guess he's in Turner's doghouse for some reason.

Probably because he keeps ****ing up.

rastaman
10-13-2009, 05:09 AM
fact is moreno is a better back than hillis, thats why he is in the game. KM has the ability to take it the distance on any play. It just makes sense, even though i still love hillis

I don;t think its an issue of which back is better. Its all about schemes and mis-matches. Having Hillis and Moreno in the backfield at the same time gives Orton more flexibility and weapons. Imagine Moreno having Hillis lead blocking for him! And we all know Hillis is a stronger runner in short yardage situations than Moreno. Point is Hillis could be the key factor with extending drives by converting the 3rd and inches or actually scoring the much needed TD on the goal lines. Lets not forget that Hillis is an outstanding receiver coming out of the back field.

Now had Hillis been screwing up during the aforementioned instanes, then I say yes keep in on the bench! But we know this isn't the case. Hillis is in the dog due to special teams performances. I haven't seen Hillis fumble the ball on 3rd and short or during crucial downs in the RED ZONE. I haven't see Hillis miss lead blocking assignments or drop passes thrown to him.

Hillis has way too much talent to rot a way on the bench b/c he screwed on special teams.

rastaman
10-13-2009, 05:11 AM
he keeps making mistakes.

this week early in the game he was lined up wide but I guess in the wrong spot it seemed so he moved over late and clock was winding down Orton had to call a timeout.

and after that I didn't see much of him other than at fullback.

So he makes one mistake and that lands him on the BENCH! Give me a break! If thats the case....then Moreno should be on the Bench as well.