PDA

View Full Version : You just made the list, buddy!

DomCasual
10-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Add one more person to the list of "people not welcome at Raiders HQ." Seriously, have you ever seen a franchise, in any sport, more miserable and pathetic than the Raiders right now?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/11/dungy-told-vick-to-stay-away-from-raiders/

Dungy told Vick to stay away from Raiders

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 11, 2009 11:05 PM ET

During the long, painful period known as the NFL offseason, PFT and plenty of other football outlets spent a lot of time guessing where Michael Vick might land. (How many said Philadelphia?)

The Raiders were at the top of many lists, but nothing came of it.

Now we know one reason why.

NBC analyst Tony Dungy said Sunday that he advised Vick not to go to Oakland.

"I advised Michael Vick not to go there. I said, 'Mike, you might be able to start there but that is not a good place for you.'"

It's unclear how far along Oakland got in talks with Vick, but Dungy's comments indicate there was a level of interest. PFT reported on August 10 that at least five teams spoke to Dungy about Vick.

And Dungy's conversations with interested NFL teams came at the time that Jeff Garcia was reportedly making it clear to those around him that he wasn't the happiest camper at Raiders camp.

It would have been interesting to see Vick in Silver and Black and he certainly would have had the opportunity to see more playing time than he is in Philadelphia.

Vick was an afterthought once again in his action with the Eagles Sunday, rushing four times for ten yards. He completed one of three passes for three yards.

Rohirrim
10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm guessing there are FAs who would choose to play in Cleveland over Oakland right now. Or even Kansas City! That's how bad it is.

broncocalijohn
10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Jaba is going places. In fact, I saw that he got over 100 yards in passing. Actually, it was EXACTLY 100 yards in passing. I am sure Garcia couldnt accomplish that. I am believing (ok, ive always thought this) that Cable is just another Davis puppet playing Jaba based on what Al wants not what talent is there. Long live Al!

Clockwork Orange
10-12-2009, 11:37 AM
You know you're the anus of the league when a guy who just spent a year and a half in prison is being told to steer clear of your team.

TailgateNut
10-12-2009, 11:42 AM
You know you're the anus of the league when a guy who just spent a year and a half in prison is being told to steer clear of your team.

:spit:

It always make my day when the faid fades.

OBF1
10-12-2009, 11:50 AM
:spit:

It always make my day when the faid fades.

You have to agree with me TGN, it is not as much fun bashing faiders and faider fan anymore.... they just start bashing the team with you, No longer an arguement. Sad really^5

atomicbloke
10-12-2009, 11:55 AM
What does it say about your team when your opponent starts pulling starters even before half-time?

27atwater
10-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Jaba is going places. In fact, I saw that he got over 100 yards in passing. Actually, it was EXACTLY 100 yards in passing. I am sure Garcia couldnt accomplish that. I am believing (ok, ive always thought this) that Cable is just another Davis puppet playing Jaba based on what Al wants not what talent is there. Long live Al!

Granted, I'm a Tennessee homer, but this is another reason I love Lane Kiffin. He's one who actually called Al on his crap.

Hogan11
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
NBC analyst Tony Dungy said Sunday that he advised Vick not to go to Oakland.

"I advised Michael Vick not to go there. I said, 'Mike, you might be able to start there but that is not a good place for you.'"

Oakland is not a good place for anybody.....even Mike Vick.

TailgateNut
10-12-2009, 12:30 PM
You have to agree with me TGN, it is not as much fun bashing faiders and faider fan anymore.... they just start bashing the team with you, No longer an arguement. Sad really^5

My buddy (the one who had the modified "Homonowski" jersey) has taken all of his Raider **** out of his office and put it in storage. He told me he was leaving it there until Al croaks.:spit:

Gort
10-12-2009, 01:12 PM

isn't he on some sort of probation as well. i'm sure part of his probation is to not associate with other convicts. that's why he couldn't play in OAK. it would be a violation of his probation.