PDA

View Full Version : Question about the last sack...

Rock Chalk
10-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I was watching the highlights and on the last sack on our last drive, two Patriot players went for the knees of Orton and that actually could very well have been a serious injury.

If you aren't supposed to go for the knees, why was roughing the passer not called?

Popps
10-12-2009, 11:14 AM
I was watching the highlights and on the last sack on our last drive, two Patriot players went for the knees of Orton and that actually could very well have been a serious injury.

If you aren't supposed to go for the knees, why was roughing the passer not called?

The obvious answer would be that he's not Tom Brady.

But, I'd need to see the play again. I have it at home. But, any vid to post?

Man-Goblin
10-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I think the rule is that you can't be on the ground and then lunge at the QB's (er Brady's) legs.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Plus, i think it only applies when the ball is outo f the QB's hands

Rock Chalk
10-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Plus, i think it only applies when the ball is outo f the QB's hands

I dont think so. I dont think you are allowed to lunge at the QBs legs whether he has the ball or not. ANd two Patriot players lunged at his legs and hit him in fact.

I dont know what the ruling really is or anything its why I was asking but it was reminiscent of what happened to Tom Brady last year against the Chiefs and it seems to me that they made the Brady Rule to protect a QBs legs.

*shrug* I was just wondering is all.

long beach bronco
10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
I was thinking that when I saw the replay, I was jumping up and screaming "why don't they call a flag on those guys going below the knees." But your'e right, he ain't Tom.

broncocalijohn
10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Awesome! They know Orton is talented enough that they want him out for the season. Well, it didnt happen and he will put another offensive beat down on them once they return to face us in round two of the playoffs. (was that me getting all gitty 5 weeks into the season?)

ColoradoDarin
10-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I was thinking that when I saw the replay, I was jumping up and screaming "why don't they call a flag on those guys going below the knees." But your'e right, he ain't Tom.

ditto

zdoor
10-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Saw that too... I guess Orton doesn't get the primadonna treatment...

Vegas_Bronco
10-12-2009, 11:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNVCg06qNY&feature=related

Go to 4:12 in the film...

Kno takes out both of them with a huge cut block.

Tombstone RJ
10-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Only the greatness of Tom Terrific gets those calls. Orton can't carry Tom's jock, so no flag on that play.

Rock Chalk
10-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I guess the one defender just jumps, falls on the ground and his momentum rolls into Orton's legs.

I can see the no-call there and probably a good one but that's far more dangerous than the call they had on Baltimore against Brady last week.

Kaylore
10-12-2009, 11:35 AM

I wondered the same thing. After the BS that Brady got and they dove at Orton's legs and the no-call I was pretty pissed off. Brady gets to make his own calls, I guess.