PDA

View Full Version : Peter King talks about the Jared Allen trade, lol

Jesterhole
10-12-2009, 08:43 AM
2. I think if you're a Chiefs' fan, you might want to skip this section. Kansas City refused to give Jared Allen a top-tier defensive end contract 18 months ago, instead shipping him to Minnesota for what appeared to be fair compensation three days before the 2008 draft. Here's how the deal looks today:

What the Chiefs got:

1st round (15th overall) Branden Albert, OT -- Starting LT has a chance to be good. In-and-out work ethic.

3rd round (73) Jamaal Charles, RB -- Change-of-pace back averaging five carries a game in 21 pro games.

3rd round (82) DaJuan Morgan, S -- Sub safety who still has to prove self to new coaching staff.

6th round (182) Kevin Robinson, WR -- Cut by Chiefs in '08. Never played for them.

What the Vikings got:

Jared Allen, DE -- The league's best all-around defensive end has 21 sacks and three safeties in 22 Viking games.

6th round (187) John Sullivan, C -- First-year starting center on one of NFL's best lines.

It's not certain, but it's possible that history will show that the Vikings got a more productive player at 187 (Sullivan) than the Chiefs got at 15 (Albert). Ouch.

Dukes
10-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Where's that Clady vs Albert thread?

SoDak Bronco
10-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks for getting rid of Allen and Tony Gonzo, to Hall of Famers that are still very productive. At least the Raiders try and keep their good players, they just don't have any.

BABronco
10-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks for getting rid of Allen and Tony Gonzo, two Hall of Famers that are still very productive. At least the Raiders try and keep their good players, they just don't have any.

I hate to do this. I really do. However, it is my largest pet peeve.

Not a spelling nazi by any means, nor grammar. Just people messing up on the too, to, and two irks me for some reason.

Mr. Elway
10-12-2009, 09:37 AM

Not a spelling nazi by any means, nor grammar. Just people messing up on the too, to, and two irks me for some reason.

Nazi should be capitalized. :sunshine:

Miss I.
10-12-2009, 09:48 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fs1lCnJHINA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fs1lCnJHINA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I wonder if KC ever misses Jared Allen. ;D

BABronco
10-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Nazi should be capitalized. :sunshine:

IN MY WORLD CAPITALIZATION IS EARNED. JUST BE GLAD I DIDN'T DO NaZiS OR nAzIs .... OR nazi

delany
10-12-2009, 10:20 AM
The Chiefs are 2-28 in their last 30 games. That ties them with the expansion Bucs (yes, those Bucs) for the worst 30 game stretch in NFL History.

Even the Raiders, with all their ineptitude, can't say that.

Man-Goblin
10-12-2009, 10:22 AM
How great for Jared Allen though? He has apparently cleaned up his personal life AND he was pardoned from football Siberia. Good for him.

lookin' glass
10-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks for getting rid of Allen and Tony Gonzo, to Hall of Famers that are still very productive. At least the Raiders try and keep their good players, they just don't have any.

You just wait in two years you'll be singing a different tune. Yeah, two years...... that'll learn ya.... two years....... Kansas City Chefs champions of the Universe!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoDak Bronco
10-12-2009, 12:49 PM

Thanks NaZi

boltaneer
10-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Allen is a fun player to watch. The guy is dominant!

Once again, thanks to King Carl for dumping Allen and keeping LJ!