PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like Broncofan7, Lex, and all the other haters?

errand
10-12-2009, 05:44 AM
I'm willing to bet the days after Bronco wins really suck for them......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0qNGYxUwmU

gunns
10-12-2009, 05:52 AM

Let it go dude. The Broncos have done their part to eliminate the negativity of the off season, why don't you do yours. And no, I was not a "hater". But I am beginning to hate posters who attempt to determine what other fans are.

lex
10-12-2009, 05:56 AM
Dumb. LOL.

errand
10-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Let it go dude. The Broncos have done their part to eliminate the negativity of the off season, why don't you do yours. And no, I was not a "hater". But I am beginning to hate posters who attempt to determine what other fans are.

I'm attempting to determine what they are? I know what they are...they're half-ased fans who do nothing but bitch about HOW we won 5 consecutive games and hold a two game lead in the AFC West.

You know damn good and well we'd have been spammed with nothing but negativity had the Broncos lost ANY one of the first 5 games by these clowns.

dude, I'm just calling these clowns out for all their negative **** they posted the past few months...and all of a sudden now they want to heap praise on this team, coach and QB?

If holding people accountable for their actions doesn't sit well with you, well i don't know what to tell you. These guys have been in here on a daily basis blasting McDaniels, Orton and anyone else that wasn't named Cutler, Shanahan, or Simms...and now they get a pass from you. well they don't get one from me.

errand
10-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Dumb. LOL.

cheesy maybe..but not dumb.

dumb is the **** you've been posting the past few months bitching about Bowlen, McDaniels and Orton...and now they have not only cornholed your ass...they broke it off in it......

but don't worry it's tough for ANY team to win all their games...I'm sure you'll have your time in the sun when we do finally lose a game.

broncofan7
10-12-2009, 06:36 AM

For you to think that any BRONCO FAN on this site feels BAD/DEPRESSED after a VICTORY--only confirms the fact that you are the last of dying breed Western North Carolina, Hillbilly 'intellectuals' --as I told you yesterday---go the the side of the hill where you keep your sheep, take a case of Pabst Blue ribbon and pretend it's Saturday night.........

lex
10-12-2009, 06:41 AM

dumb is the **** you've been posting the past few months b****ing about Bowlen, McDaniels and Orton...and now they have not only cornholed your ass...they broke it off in it......

but don't worry it's tough for ANY team to win all their games...I'm sure you'll have your time in the sun when we do finally lose a game.

No, it most certainly was as dumb as it was lame. LOL. Its like, "oh the boom town rats....not the boomtown rats...you really got me"...Lame

Youve become inane.

rastaman
10-12-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm attempting to determine what they are? I know what they are...they're half-ased fans who do nothing but b**** about HOW we won 5 consecutive games and hold a two game lead in the AFC West.

You know damn good and well we'd have been spammed with nothing but negativity had the Broncos lost ANY one of the first 5 games by these clowns.

dude, I'm just calling these clowns out for all their negative **** they posted the past few months...and all of a sudden now they want to heap praise on this team, coach and QB?

If holding people accountable for their actions doesn't sit well with you, well i don't know what to tell you. These guys have been in here on a daily basis blasting McDaniels, Orton and anyone else that wasn't named Cutler, Shanahan, or Simms...and now they get a pass from you. well they don't get one from me.

Well keep up the fight! Jack Azz! :wiggle:

rastaman
10-12-2009, 07:53 AM

dumb is the **** you've been posting the past few months b****ing about Bowlen, McDaniels and Orton...and now they have not only cornholed your ass...they broke it off in it......

GO TAR HEELS! What A Moron you truly are! 5 games into the season and you're jezzing in your pants already. Go clean up and learn some self-control.....Quick Release!!:P

SoDak Bronco
10-12-2009, 07:54 AM
People are always going to be critical of their teams...some fans are much more critical, and have less faith. Does this make them worse fans then you? I don't think so, but it is just how peoples personalities are. There will be ups and downs in the season, hopefully McDaniels has proved that we are on path and will be a tough team to play against each and every week. And in the end, thats really what we all want, is a winner.

bpc
10-12-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm attempting to determine what they are? I know what they are...they're half-ased fans who do nothing but b**** about HOW we won 5 consecutive games and hold a two game lead in the AFC West.

Hey jackass, not everybody has to agree with what the team is doing to be a fan. I think all parties involved will say that we're stoked to be 5-0 and watching Denver kick some serious ass.

People just need to stop throwing the "i'm a better fan than you" crap around just because you jumped in the pool with both feet. Some of the moves this offseason defied logic. Now it looks like they were brilliant. 4 months ago, 95% percent of football fans, analysts, reporters, whomever would have thought that Denver was going to suck this year.

But we don't. We're winning, playing great offense and defense and McDaniels has been true to his words. He looks like a QB guru.

Winning cures all ails.

GO BRONCOS!!!! I hope we're 6-0 next week.

Miss I.
10-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Oh fudge bunnies, I thought this was going to be some sort of orgy request.

Look, has there been negativity, yes, skepticisim is healthy (in the doses on this board perhaps not), but things are good, lets enjoy the ride. This thread only adds to the thing you are critiqueing.

If you want to combat the negative tide you see, dont' feed it, just put out well thought out, realistic posts. Create postive threads, like "Things I enjoyed most about Sunday's game" or something like that so its open to both constructive critiques and all out happy masturbation fests (sorry TJ, I would guess that comment might be a tad inappropriate, I blame Bill Belicheck).

Enjoy the Broncos because you enjoy football and enjoy the team (win, lose or draw).

Go Broncos! Go Broncos! Just say no to Crack (according to Whitney, it's Whack!).

;D

Broncos4tw
10-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Why are you so worried what other fans think or feel towards their team? Get the hell over it. People who spend $$$ on the Broncos via season tickets, gear, or even food and beer for their buds on Sunday have a right to their own opinion. And they also have the right to change it. And you have no say in this at all. You won't "allow" people to cheer for this team now? lmao? Who the hell are you again?

And it wasn't simply fans that were dubious. Many (i.e. most) analysts thought we were in for a very rough season. You are hardly some guru for being such a nut-sucking rose-colored-glass wearing homer. Get over yourself.

lex
10-12-2009, 08:09 AM
GO TAR HEELS! What A Moron you truly are! 5 games into the season and you're jezzing in your pants already. Go clean up and learn some self-control.....Quick Release!!:P

He's excited. They just got electricity where he lives. Give him a break.

Popps
10-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Hey jackass, not everybody has to agree with what the team is doing to be a fan. I think all parties involved will say that we're stoked to be 5-0 and watching Denver kick some serious ass.

Problem is, there's a difference between not liking some moves... and declaring the team dog**** and saying we'll be a failure for 50 years, etc.
Some people just turned straight-trolls.

No one begrudges anyone the right to complain about some personnel moves. That's not what any of the crow is being served up over.

My personal favorite is the new rash of "it's O.K. to be a fan again threads."
These idiots who barfed out non-stop hatred for the owner, coach and new players are now here to start threads to let us know that "Orton is one of us," and that there are "no doubters left."

Thanks guys, but most of us remained faithful through the off-season. We don't need to "re-fan" ourselves. Polls around here showed conclusively that the overwhelming majority of people were loyal and believed in our direction.

Winning cures all ails.

Again, I'm just not sure what ails needed curing... aside from a decade with only one playoff win. The forum was overwhelmingly in favor of the changes, so I don't get the "cures" reference. If you're referring to us being ineffective as a franchise the prior few years, then no doubt.

That, we'd all better agree on by now.

lex
10-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Problem is, there's a difference between not liking some moves... and declaring the team dog**** and saying we'll be a failure for 50 years, etc.

No one begrudges anyone the right to complain about some personnel moves. That's not what any of the crow is being served up over.

These idiots who barfed out non-stop hatred for the owner, coach and new players are now here to start threads to let us know that "Orton is one of us," and that there are "no doubters left."

Thanks guys, but most of us remained faithful through the off-season. We don't need to "re-fan" ourselves. Polls around here showed conclusively that the overwhelming majority of people were loyal and believed in our direction.

Again, I'm just not sure what ails needed curing... aside from a decade with only one playoff win. The forum was overwhelmingly in favor of the changes, so I don't get the "cures" reference. If you're referring to us being ineffective as a franchise the prior few years, then no doubt.

Once again, talking out of both sides of your mouth. If this were actually true, there'd be no need to try to frame a 4-12 scenario.

BABronco
10-12-2009, 08:29 AM

:thumbs:

baja
10-12-2009, 08:50 AM

Thanks guys, but most of us remained faithful through the off-season. We don't need to "re-fan" ourselves. <b>Polls around here showed conclusively that the overwhelming majority of people were loyal and believed in our direction.</b>

I got my share of "hate mail" about those polls. ;D

Hogan11
10-12-2009, 09:05 AM
There's something to be said for the "wait and see" approach to things.....just sayin'

DenverBrit
10-12-2009, 09:06 AM
I got my share of "hate mail" about those polls. ;D

Maybe you need a poll about your polls? ;D

DenverBrit
10-12-2009, 09:08 AM
There's something to be said for the "wait and see" approach to things.....just sayin'

But the Drama Queens have all those prom dresses burning a hole in their closets. ;D

Que
10-12-2009, 09:11 AM

Dude, just let it go. This isn't a job performance review and it shouldn't be a how orange is your blood inquisition. Just sit back and enjoy the win for Pete's sake.

McDman
10-12-2009, 09:39 AM
These threads are exactly why a lot of good posters don't come here anymore. It's like there is a constant feud going on over who is right and who is wrong.

Get over it. Both sides of the argument have their jack asses and both sides had some good points. It's just getting old now.

broncocalijohn
10-12-2009, 09:46 AM

No, you just protected those that were haters. Example would be protecting the one who made your avatar. You must be her big sister because BF hated on McDaniels as much as anyone here including Mock. Many had no reasons other than to hate w/o giving the team a chance. Now that the team is by far one of the best in the league, they either keep running their mouth for Cutler or try to hide from the board. Sorry, we had to put up with the negativity or the gutless drunk thread and it is now our turn. Those that gave this organization a chance to succeed and not doom it even before one snap, now get the chance to say, "Suck this!"

strafen
10-12-2009, 09:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0qNGYxUwmUWho are you?
The Broncos fan police? :)

chex
10-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Well, for me, if you want to disagree, that's what the board is for.

But why can't people do it without resorting to name calling? Sheep, homers, kool-aid drinkers, haters, etc. We're not in first grade for chrissakes. Eliminate that childish crap and there would be alot less of 'in yer face' type of stuff

Que
10-12-2009, 09:51 AM
No, you just protected those that were haters. Example would be protecting the one who made your avatar. You must be her big sister because BF hated on McDaniels as much as anyone here including Mock. Many had no reasons other than to hate w/o giving the team a chance. Now that the team is by far one of the best in the league, they either keep running their mouth for Cutler or try to hide from the board. Sorry, we had to put up with the negativity or the gutless drunk thread and it is now our turn. Those that gave this organization a chance to succeed and not doom it even before one snap, now get the chance to say, "Suck this!"

Sounds like someone has a case of the Monday's. Seriously dude, read what you just wrote.

brncs_fan
10-12-2009, 09:53 AM

This.

I never came out this offseason and made an official declaration on one side or the other. Iwas sad when Shanahan was fired but I understood the move. I was upset when Cutler was traded but I got over it and thought I would give Orton a chance (largely because I live in Bear Land and got to see him play quite a bit and didn't think he was all that bad). This offseason had its ups and downs and I most definately had questions and concerns as to how the season would turn out but I was determined to stick to the "wait and see" approach as well.

If you want to bang your drum about ho you were right all along...great. I have never understood the point of threads that call out other posters and launch into personal attacks agaianst them because they have a different opinion than you do. My 7th graders understand the concept of tolerance, maybe a few more people here should as well.

Paladin
10-12-2009, 10:05 AM
LOL!!!

Winning wounds all heels......

What galled me the most was the unending "contest" to see who cpould produce the "cutest" epithet to call McD. There were some really bad ones out there.

I understand why the "Wait and See" guys are jubilantly serving crow here. If you can't take the ribbing, don't dish it out. And ther are some in that bunch are still crawling around like boot lickers.

Now you say: "Hey, we're all fans. Let's just enjoy it."......

Yeah, right. I think the fist pumps were meant for the naysayers as in "up yours, beatch."........

broncocalijohn
10-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Sounds like someone has a case of the Monday's. Seriously dude, read what you just wrote.

I did again and enjoy it more the second time. If you were one of those that were all negative and then want some group hug, you arent getting it from me. If you want to talk about Xs and Os and something actually about the game, I would most likely discuss without ripping you a new one. There are threads for that type of action (like this one). I know those that were pro-McDaniels and pro-Broncos organization would be ripped big time by those like Mock, BF7, Lex, Blue Flame and the always retard Rastaman for being "sheep". Well, thank God it didnt happen. It is our turn to play since the start of the season. We put up with the crap since January and then big time in March. I think you (or those that are negative nancys) should get out of the sandbox for awhile and let us throw up the sand. Then again, you guys threw out all the sand in the first 8 months and left us little to use. We will make the best of it. Oh, let us not forget Steeledude who told a poster that he cant wait to prove him wrong, meaning he wants the Broncos to lose so he can be correct. That one is a beaut.

Paladin
10-12-2009, 10:18 AM
I did again and enjoy it more the second time. If you were one of those that were all negative and then want some group hug, you arent getting it from me. If you want to talk about Xs and Os and something actually about the game, I would most likely discuss without ripping you a new one. There are threads for that type of action (like this one). I know those that were pro-McDaniels and pro-Broncos organization would be ripped big time by those like Mock, BF7, Lex, Blue Flame and the always retard Rastaman for being "sheep". Well, thank God it didnt happen. It is our turn to play since the start of the season. We put up with the crap since January and then big time in March. I think you (or those that are negative nancys) should get out of the sandbox for awhile and let us throw up the sand. Then again, you guys threw out all the sand in the first 8 months and left us little to use. We will make the best of it. Oh, let us not forget Steeledude who told a poster that he cant wait to prove him wrong, meaning he wants the Broncos to lose so he can be correct. That one is a beaut.

Or how about all those "internet and forum experts" who told the rest of us that the signings were bad, that the D was going to suck bad because "they didn't fix the Dline", or similar "know it all" observations. I hope the Crow is tough......

But I am ready to move on, have been for a while, but I do wish the Smartarses would think a bit before they put out all the negative BS. Criticism is fine. Insults are not.

Kaylore
10-12-2009, 10:25 AM

I couldn't believe more people, especially some of the respected posters, wouldn't at least wait until the first game was played to see. Atlas is one example that many would consider a die-hard. Prior to this season he was really good about being patient and not getting bent out of shape before the truth is revealed. Well he pretty much gave up his fandom in April and has become a Bears fan. I think that's pathetic, frankly. And he is just one example. SoCal roots more for Cutler than the team. I'm hoping Blue will see that McDaniels being here was not an elaborate scheme to stop the one team that could always beat him, or if it was that it backfired severely.

The bottom line is People made up their minds in March - MARCH! We traded one QB and suddenly all three phases were "much worse than last year" despite adding pieces to all three phases and significantly upgrading our coaching staff. The whining was unbearable and frankly disappointing. It made me wonder how some of the people here behave in real crisis situations when things that matter are on the line.

TailgateNut
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM

Please don't omit the ever popular (genius in their own mind) jhns and the rev.

lex
10-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Its funny that a lot of the sheep are now couching it as "give it a chance" when those who were not sheep took a stance that can be described as "he needs to prove it" in many cases...."he needs to prove it" in reality, is probably more "wait and see" than the blind acceptance/sheep.

lex
10-12-2009, 10:29 AM

No, youre still sheep. As I mentioned previously, "he needs to prove it" is more "wait and see" than the stance the sheep were taking.

Que
10-12-2009, 10:30 AM

Look at my post count and how long I have been a member. You don't amass that sort of whopping ~300 posts in 4 years engaging in flame wars. Heh! While I had serious reservations and yes, even down right bouts of screaming "WTF??" when I heard about the Cutler trade, I'm not one of your Negative Nancies that you leading your jihad against. I'm just a lurker who like to come here and see good takes and great discussions around the X's and O's of football, namely the Broncos. All the emotional "I told you so" and "eat this biatch!" really kills the value of the OM. I didn't like it during the off season and didn't come here much. Now that we are in regular season mode, let's kill the grade school politics. That is what is driving a lot of posters away.

If you can't see fit to do that, let me ask another question - is there another forum without this much drama on it? Another forum that is more interested in talking Broncos football? I looked and didn't find much. If there is one, please tell me and I'll gladly let you guys throw sand in each other's faces to your heart's content.

Que

Popps
10-12-2009, 10:37 AM
I couldn't believe more people, especially some of the respected posters, wouldn't at least wait until the first game was played to see. Atlas is one example that many would consider a die-hard. Prior to this season he was really good about being patient and not getting bent out of shape before the truth is revealed. Well he pretty much gave up his fandom in April and has become a Bears fan. I think that's pathetic, frankly. And he is just one example. SoCal roots more for Cutler than the team. I'm hoping Blue will see that McDaniels being here was not an elaborate scheme to stop the one team that could always beat him, or if it was that it backfired severely.

Blueflame has a long history of rooting selectively for the team. She hated Shanahan from day one, hated Plummer and hated McDaniels. Basically, anyone who wins.. she can't stand.

The majority of us during the off-season were saying we just needed evidence before we made conclusive arguments. Yet, we were still told by the angry trolls that the team was doomed.

Naturally, you're seeing Lex, bronco"fan"7 and other scramble to save face... and tell the rest of us it's O.K. to be fans again.

As for SoCal, the last time I really remember seeing him around here was on a Jay Cutler thread where he was saying, "c'mon Jay... don't force it... be patient." He was talking Jay through his 4 INT game.

:spit:

Too bad, too... because unlike Lex, Rasta, brocohate7 and other trolls... SoCal was actually a quality poster before he went troll on us.

lex
10-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Blueflame has a long history of rooting selectively for the team. She hated Shanahan from day one, hated Plummer and hated McDaniels. Basically, anyone who wins.. she can't stand.

The majority of us during the off-season were saying we just needed evidence before we made conclusive arguments. Yet, we were still told by the angry trolls that the team was doomed.

Naturally, you're seeing Lex, bronco"fan"7 and other scramble to save face... and tell the rest of us it's O.K. to be fans again.

As for SoCal, the last time I really remember seeing him around here was on a Jay Cutler thread where he was saying, "c'mon Jay... don't force it... be patient." He was talking Jay through his 4 INT game.

:spit:

Too bad, too... because unlike Lex, Rasta, brocohate7 and other trolls... SoCal was actually a quality poster before he went troll on us.

Nice try. When are you going to stop talking out of both sides of your mouth? Ive been tweaking "believers" like you and playing with your anxieties because it needed to be done. Just like now Im not letting your bull**** slide where you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

broncocalijohn
10-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Que, I was stating "if" as in i didnt know what side you were on because you didnt stick your neck out like Aids thrower Reverend (See TGN, didnt omit) and the others listed. I did actually read through your posts and you dont have many and I didnt see any of those types. I take it then that you havent been ridiculed or quoted as being a kool aid drinker, sheep or whatever they wanted to call us before the season and even at the beginning. Read Lex's post above on his great comebacks and you tell me that he and those that cant take a clue doesnt deserve the beat downs. Personally, since you werent around to be labeled, I suggest you take a page from Mock, stay out of the dribble and STFU. On another note, welcome back to Broncos season and enjoy our ride :welcome:

Rohirrim
10-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I've always been right, and I'm still right. ;D

lex
10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Que, I was stating "if" as in i didnt know what side you were on because you didnt stick your neck out like Aids thrower Reverend (See TGN, didnt omit) and the others listed. I did actually read through your posts and you dont have many and I didnt see any of those types. I take it then that you havent been ridiculed or quoted as being a kool aid drinker, sheep or whatever they wanted to call us before the season and even at the beginning. Read Lex's post above on his great comebacks and you tell me that he and those that cant take a clue doesnt deserve the beat downs. Personally, since you werent around to be labeled, I suggest you take a page from Mock, stay out of the dribble and STFU. On another note, welcome back to Broncos season and enjoy our ride :welcome:

Beatdowns?

Paladin
10-12-2009, 10:52 AM

Except when you are so effing wrong on the Rox......

broncocalijohn
10-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Beatdowns?

actually, I just let you respond to our posts and laugh at your responses. You beat yourself down and not even know it. Do yourself a favor and stop defending yourself and just admit you were wrong.

lex
10-12-2009, 10:58 AM
actually, I just let you respond to our posts and laugh at your responses. You beat yourself down and not even know it. Do yourself a favor and stop defending yourself and just admit you were wrong.

Awesome. Im doing the same with yours. You try so hard.

27atwater
10-12-2009, 11:08 AM
If only we had hired the Rams coach...

lex
10-12-2009, 11:10 AM

LOL. Look at what Spags had to work with.

27atwater
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
According to you, look at what McD had to work with after dismantling the team.

lex
10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
According to you, look at what McD had to work with after dismantling the team.

He still had the line. And I actually liked that they finally took a RB in round 1. I thought the team needed balance. Im still not sure how I feel about Orton and losing Cutler, but I felt the need for balance was paramount. Ive also liked the fact that much of our running game hasnt merely been not passing as was the case a lot in New England. He actually made tweaks that lined up with many of my gripes aside from losing Cutler. Josh did inherit a lot (namely the OLine and WRs) but he's also brought a lot to the table. There are still some things from the old regime I like better but all, in all, Josh hasnt been bad at all. Far from it.

OBF1
10-12-2009, 11:29 AM
This message is hidden because lex is on your ignore list.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-12-2009, 11:37 AM
i am not used to instant success with all the off season drama going on . i thought it would take years to get back to the way we was back in the superbowl years . gotta draft a kick ass qb draft kick ass D players and a few offensive players and line men ect. i was thinkin oh this season is gonna suck badly. thank god im wrong again i suk at predictions

Rohirrim
10-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Except when you are so effing wrong on the Rox......

What did I say about them? ???

McDman
10-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Well, for me, if you want to disagree, that's what the board is for.

But why can't people do it without resorting to name calling? Sheep, homers, kool-aid drinkers, haters, etc. We're not in first grade for chrissakes. Eliminate that childish crap and there would be alot less of 'in yer face' type of stuff

Pretty much how I feel, but with the people on this board it's not going to happen.

broncocalijohn
10-12-2009, 11:42 AM
This message is hidden because lex is on your ignore list.

Post 48 is probably one of his best. Without letting go of Mike totally, he actually did (and had to) say some positive things. Baby steps for him. I just hope he talks about winning the Super Bowl and not caring about the draft pick at the end of the 1st round. Then I know the season is going into January and everyone will have to be on board (except SoCal and Cutlerfan who are over at the Bears board).

27atwater
10-12-2009, 11:58 AM
He still had the line. And I actually liked that they finally took a RB in round 1. I thought the team needed balance. Im still not sure how I feel about Orton and losing Cutler, but I felt the need for balance was paramount. Ive also liked the fact that much of our running game hasnt merely been not passing as was the case a lot in New England. He actually made tweaks that lined up with many of my gripes aside from losing Cutler. Josh did inherit a lot (namely the OLine and WRs) but he's also brought a lot to the table. There are still some things from the old regime I like better but all, in all, Josh hasnt been bad at all. Far from it.

But don't you think that Spags also has SOME talent? Bulger is no slouch. Avery showed glimpses as a rookie last year. Steven jackson is Steven Jackson. I agree not the same weapons as Denver, others than Champ and DJ, or D had way less talent when the changeovers took place. On D he still has Little, Atogwe, Long and a few more pieces.

Broncomutt
10-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Please don't omit the ever popular (genius in their own mind) jhns and the rev.

Yah, that jhns a-hole bragged about the first home game that Orton got booed. I mean if you get frustrated and let out a boo, I suppose that's understandable. But that dude was posting how proud he was after we were 3-0. How ALL of Bronco nation was right behind him.

Lex and jhns and Blue are feeling pretty lonely right now. Just take solace in how pissed they must be. I am.:sunshine:

Hogan11
10-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Its funny that a lot of the sheep are now couching it as "give it a chance" when those who were not sheep took a stance that can be described as "he needs to prove it" in many cases...."he needs to prove it" in reality, is probably more "wait and see" than the blind acceptance/sheep.

Nice spin attempt. As far as proving it goes, I think the proof has been provided........weekly.

lex
10-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Nice spin attempt. As far as proving it goes, I think the proof has been provided........weekly.

Thats not spin. Nice try.

DenverBrit
10-12-2009, 12:18 PM
This message is hidden because Lex is back-peddling so fast he's a blur!

lex
10-12-2009, 12:20 PM

Youre wrong at an alarming rate when you chime in. Maybe you should sit this one out, chappy.

lex
10-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Yah, that jhns a-hole bragged about the first home game that Orton got booed. I mean if you get frustrated and let out a boo, I suppose that's understandable. But that dude was posting how proud he was after we were 3-0. How ALL of Bronco nation was right behind him.

Lex and jhns and Blue are feeling pretty lonely right now. Just take solace in how pissed they must be. I am.:sunshine:

Why do you like being a sheep? Is it the sex?

Popps
10-12-2009, 12:23 PM

You have to feel for guys like Lex. A whole off-season of trashing the team... and now this!

ROFL!

Not as if anyone takes him seriously, but it's still friggin' hysterical.

TailgateNut
10-12-2009, 12:23 PM

I give Blueflame a pass because she didn't BRAG about her "knowledge" of football and how the rest of us who were willing to give the team a chance to show us what they could accomplish,were just plain ignorant fools who knew nothing about the game.
She didn't resort to name calling like the geniuses: (Colonel "I have a constant beef", jhns, the rev, and BF7) who are SLOWLY AND QUIETLY backpeddling from their dire predictions of doom and gloom for decades to come.

As far as Lex is concerned, he is just a ****ing douchebag impostor who has masqueraded as a Bronco fan. His " should we lose a few games to better our draft position" takes, were just brilliant.:rofl:

lex
10-12-2009, 12:25 PM
You have to feel for guys like Lex. A whole off-season of trashing the team... and now this!

ROFL!

Not as if anyone takes him seriously, but it's still friggin' hysterical.

Friggin?

Do you have chickens in your front yard? LOL

BTW, why dont you tell us again how it would have been awesome to go 4-12.

broncocalijohn
10-12-2009, 12:25 PM
amazing we were wrong then, but Broncos cleared us of all wrong doings and putting the egg on Lex's face week in and week out and now he is trying to spin it another way and comment on everyone that is giving him sheat. This says a lot about his personality. Ive seen McBuff come around some and I know he supported the Broncos no matter what he felt. I cant say the same about you but I knew that when you wanted a higher draft pick for the loss and openly rooted for the Viks. Lex, every comment you make makes that hole even deeper where you wont be able to get out. No one will accept you. You are a tool for the old ways and your group is getting smaller. Que, now you know why this thread was made and is still acceptable to bash those that still dont get it. Lex is one that can never be wrong. Ever.

DenverBrit
10-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Youre wrong at an alarming rate when you chime in. Maybe you should sit this one out, chappy.

LOL Nope, I'm right yet again.

You're back peddling......as usual......it's what you do.

Stick to counting beans, or do you suck at that too??

lex
10-12-2009, 12:28 PM
amazing we were wrong then, but Broncos cleared us of all wrong doings and putting the egg on Lex's face week in and week out and now he is trying to spin it another way and comment on everyone that is giving him sheat. This says a lot about his personality. Ive seen McBuff come around some and I know he supported the Broncos no matter what he felt. I cant say the same about you but I knew that when you wanted a higher draft pick for the loss and openly rooted for the Viks. Lex, every comment you make makes that hole even deeper where you wont be able to get out. No one will accept you. You are a tool for the old ways and your group is getting smaller. Que, now you know why this thread was made and is still acceptable to bash those that still dont get it. Lex is one that can never be wrong. Ever.

What am I doing again?

lex
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
LOL Nope, I'm right yet again.

You're back peddling......as usual......it's what you do.

Stick to counting beans, or do you suck at that too??

You dont even know English AND YOU'RE English, yet that doesnt stop you from falling on your face and trying to correct me. There have been others as well. Im still laughing about that one. Haven't been able to take you seriously since. LOL. Good stuff.

Paladin
10-12-2009, 12:32 PM
What did I say about them? ???

j/k

rastaman
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM

Shanny left McD a nice little package of Offensive weapons and infrastructure to build upon....we can all agree this fact.

NYBronco
10-12-2009, 12:34 PM

...and the anticipation for that loss is killing them.

The Josh McDaniels fist pumps after the game yesterday had several meanings behind it. The more I listen to the McDaniels post game press conferences the more I get confirmation that the "franchise" QB was to blame for all the off season issues.

Popps
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Shanny left McD a nice little package of Offensive weapons and infrastructure to build upon....we can all agree this fact.

You worry about learning who's actually on our team. Maybe spend less time trashing the staff and front office, and more time reading the depth chart.

NYBronco
10-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Not to mention that defensive package. Thanks for that Shanahan.

lex
10-12-2009, 12:38 PM
You worry about learning who's actually on our team. Maybe spend less time trashing the staff and front office, and more time reading the depth chart.

He is discussing the personnel in the very post youre replying to.

Popps
10-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Friggin?

Do you have chickens in your front yard? LOL

BTW, why dont you tell us again how it would have been awesome to go 4-12.

Poor guy. I guess when you fall on your face as much as you have... you just have to start making things up, eh?

Don't worry, buddy. We'll lose soon. You'll have your day.

DenverBrit
10-12-2009, 12:39 PM
you dont even know english and you're english, yet that doesnt stop you from falling on your face and trying to correct me. There have been others as well. Im still laughing about that one. Haven't been able to take you seriously since. Lol. Good stuff.

LOL

Seriously, WTF are you rambling on about this time??

You never tire of making an ass of yourself. ROFL!

lex
10-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Poor guy. I guess when you fall on your face as much as you have... you just have to start making things up, eh?

Don't worry, buddy. We'll lose soon. You'll have your day.

Not making things up. You indeed were apologizing in advance for going 4-12. Funny. Now youre trying to deny this. LOL.

broncocalijohn
10-12-2009, 12:41 PM

if you want a little validation for something, sure. It is what you do with it that makes it count. The more I see of McDaniels, the more I think we should give some love to Wolf who couldnt shut up about firing Shanahan. It was annoying but if i can go back exactly one year, I would look at it more closely. Of course, we find out things after the fact but he and a few others dug deeper into it. Rasta, you will always suck Mike's gonads but I, one that defended Mike, saw the light. You can draft or trade for superstars but winning with them is only on paper. What you do with BOTH sides of the ball gets you the victories. Just dont be a Lex and come with us. We are still taking memberships if you denounce your past. Many have and it clears the mind real well.

Popps
10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
He is discussing the personnel in the very post youre replying to.

Yea, well... he told us that McDaniels didn't bring over anyone on offense. (WR or OL.) So, forgive us if we pay him even less credence than he had here in the first place.

Nice of you to stick up for your bashing brother, though.

Hey, you guys should call yourselves the Bash Brothers! You have a nick-name!

You're welcome.

lex
10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
LOL

Seriously, WTF are you rambling on about this time??

You never tire of making an ass of yourself. ROFL!

And of course you dont remember. I guess if you pretend like you dont remember, it didnt happen. LOL. Nice try.

Broncomutt
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
I give Blueflame a pass because she didn't BRAG about her "knowledge" of football and how the rest of us who were willing to give the team a chance to show us what they could accomplish,were just plain ignorant fools who knew nothing about the game.
She didn't resort to name calling like the geniuses: (Colonel "I have a constant beef", jhns, the rev, and BF7) who are SLOWLY AND QUIETLY backpeddling from their dire predictions of doom and gloom for decades to come.

As far as Lex is concerned, he is just a ****ing douchebag impostor who has masqueraded as a Bronco fan. His " should we lose a few games to better our draft position" takes, were just brilliant.:rofl:

I'm with you Nut. The only reason I included her with the douchebags is because she has said that McDaniels will always be a Patriot long before he ever had a chance to play some football. Truth is I have always likeds her posts and her even-handedness. She was a good choice for a mod IMHO.

I guess in part, since I haven't seen her post lately I was kinda hoping she would read something I wrote, get pissed and let it all out. I can't imagine that she is seething like Lex and jhns and some of the others, but I haven't seen her. Maybe she's got real life **** going on. Hope she is OK.

Not really mad at her, just a little perplexed and disappointed.

DenverBrit
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
And of course you dont remember. I guess if you pretend like you dont remember, it didnt happen. LOL. Nice try.

Use a spell checker before correcting my English..........psst, that way you won't look more stupid than usual.

By all means roll out the big thing you claim I don't remember, obviously you think you got one right.

Well done, blind squirrel. Hilarious!

lex
10-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Yea, well... he told us that McDaniels didn't bring over anyone on offense. (WR or OL.) So, forgive us if we pay him even less credence than he had here in the first place.

Nice of you to stick up for your bashing brother, though.

Hey, you guys should call yourselves the Bash Brothers! You have a nick-name!

You're welcome.

Do you refer to yourself as one of the Felatiating Flock? Just curious. Because you should. It fits.

My biggest gripe was with Bowlen. As far as McDaniels is concerned, my concern with him was that he'd be too pass happy. Ive been pleased with the dedication to the running game and being more balanced. I hated that last year was made to be all about Jay. I wasnt convinced it would be much better than 2007 though. Ive been very open about being pleased with this but I also had every reason to be concerned about it considering NE lost a SB because of this.

I also didnt like him forcing NE in our faces all the time like we should be in awe of them. I still feel that way. But, yesterday he did what he needed to do where that is concerned. Some of the felatio from some of you for all things new england was disgusting.

lex
10-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Use a spell checker before correcting my English..........psst, that way you won't look more stupid than usual.

By all means roll out the big thing you claim I don't remember, obviously you think you got one right.

Well done, blind squirrel. Hilarious!

OK, you really got me. I clearly dont know they need apostrophes as opposed to maybe being too lazy. Good point.

DenverBrit
10-12-2009, 12:55 PM
OK, you really got me. I clearly dont know they need apostrophes as opposed to maybe being too lazy. Good point.

You're lazy about a lot of things.

So, again, instead of ducking and deflecting, explain this:

You dont even know English AND YOU'RE English, yet that doesnt stop you from falling on your face and trying to correct me. There have been others as well. Im still laughing about that one. Haven't been able to take you seriously since. . Good stuff.

Popps
10-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Not making things up. You indeed were apologizing in advance for going 4-12. Funny. Now youre trying to deny this. LOL.

Really? Better link that, son. (Of course, you can't.)

What I said was, there were scenarios where we could have won 6 games... and it could have been a productive season as long as we made progress from start to finish.

My actual prediction was anywhere around 7-9.

But, turns out we'll be better than that... and I'm sorry. I know that hurts you.
You've still got your Bears, bro. Keep the faith!

Popps
10-12-2009, 01:16 PM
By the way, this isn't about what people's "predictions" were.

This is about f#ck-bags who turned on the team and went troll on us, only to now return to tell the rest of us faithful that it's O.K. to like the Broncos again.

Sorry... didn't need your permission before and certainly don't need it now.

baja
10-12-2009, 01:22 PM

Dude I think you could kill yourself then defend yourself against murder in court and win. That's some nifty spin.

SureShot
10-12-2009, 01:30 PM
I think we need an "I told you so!" crow eating sub forum.

Miss I.
10-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I think we need an "I told you so!" crow eating sub forum.

Also an "I'm Rubber, You're Glue Forum" ;D

rastaman
10-12-2009, 01:43 PM
if you want a little validation for something, sure. It is what you do with it that makes it count. The more I see of McDaniels, the more I think we should give some love to Wolf who couldnt shut up about firing Shanahan. It was annoying but if i can go back exactly one year, I would look at it more closely. Of course, we find out things after the fact but he and a few others dug deeper into it. Rasta, you will always suck Mike's gonads but I, one that defended Mike, saw the light. You can draft or trade for superstars but winning with them is only on paper. What you do with BOTH sides of the ball gets you the victories. Just dont be a Lex and come with us. We are still taking memberships if you denounce your past. Many have and it clears the mind real well.

Hey Chuckle Nutzs! You seem to have your mouth full sucking on McD's nuts thus far. Nothing wrong with that I guess whatever floats your boat! But the facts still remains! That Shanahans Off. Line and the WR's drafted or signed by Shanahan are responsible for 3 wins thus far. It was Stokely (signed by Shanny) who caught the deflected pass to score the game winning TD aganist Cincy.

It was a WR named Brandon Marshalls (drafted in the 4th round by Shanny) that is responsible for our last TWO wins. The O Line drafted and developed by Shanny is responsible for our consistent running attack thus and looks protect Orton well enough to get him to the Pro Bowl. Both Shanahan's OL and his WR's are the difference btwn McD's Broncos being 2-3 vs the 5-0 record we see right now.

And Screw you with your Monolithic Goose Stepping Fan Membership Bull-shiat....does that clear the air and your warped since of fanship!

You have a nice McD nut sucking day.....Alright!:thumbs:

baja
10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Nice try. When are you going to stop talking out of both sides of your mouth? <b> Ive been tweaking "believers" like you and playing with your anxieties because it needed to be done. </b> Just like now Im not letting your bull**** slide where you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

damn just when I was starting to think there was hope for you. ;D

baja
10-12-2009, 01:49 PM

That's not right.

~Crash~
10-12-2009, 01:54 PM

People just need to stop throwing the "i'm a better fan than you" crap around just because you jumped in the pool with both feet. Some of the moves this offseason defied logic. Now it looks like they were brilliant. 4 months ago, 95% percent of football fans, analysts, reporters, whomever would have thought that Denver was going to suck this year.

But we don't. We're winning, playing great offense and defense and McDaniels has been true to his words. He looks like a QB guru.

Winning cures all ails.

all not realy he still is a jack ass .

Miss I.
10-12-2009, 01:59 PM
In case you are taking this too seriously, a little levity (be grateful, I was going to post Barney's TV theme)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wf2mGDrkX9g&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wf2mGDrkX9g&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blueflame
10-12-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm with you Nut. The only reason I included her with the douchebags is because she has said that McDaniels will always be a Patriot long before he ever had a chance to play some football. Truth is I have always likeds her posts and her even-handedness. She was a good choice for a mod IMHO.

I guess in part, since I haven't seen her post lately I was kinda hoping she would read something I wrote, get pissed and let it all out. I can't imagine that she is seething like Lex and jhns and some of the others, but I haven't seen her. Maybe she's got real life **** going on. Hope she is OK.

Not really mad at her, just a little perplexed and disappointed.

There has been too much flaming going on lately... it seems that the "I-told-you-so's" are overshadowing celebration of our wins. One can pretty much take my less-frequent posting of late as a "conscious decision to not add fuel to any more fires"...

Go Broncos! :Broncos:

OH... and may the Raiders and Chiefs continue to suck.

broncocalijohn
10-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey Chuckle Nutzs! You seem to have your mouth full sucking on McD's nuts thus far. Nothing wrong with that I guess whatever floats your boat! But the facts still remains! That Shanahans Off. Line and the WR's drafted or signed by Shanahan are responsible for 3 wins thus far. It was Stokely (signed by Shanny) who caught the deflected pass to score the game winning TD aganist Cincy.

It was a WR named Brandon Marshalls (drafted in the 4th round by Shanny) that is responsible for our last TWO wins. The O Line drafted and developed by Shanny is responsible for our consistent running attack thus and looks protect Orton well enough to get him to the Pro Bowl. Both Shanahan's OL and his WR's are the difference btwn McD's Broncos being 2-3 vs the 5-0 record we see right now.

And Screw you with your Monolithic Goose Stepping Fan Membership Bull-shiat....does that clear the air and your warped since of fanship!

You have a nice McD nut sucking day.....Alright!:thumbs:

Didnt you say that the first 3 were "no big deal" as anyone could have won those. Real test after the first three? If looking at team that was supposed to suck (in your eyes and many others), I will take the McDaniels koolaid and drink it. Taste like a winner to me. Some day, you might come around for your crow-aid. It taste bad only in the mind and first sip. Once you accept it, it is all golden from there. First thing is to admit your wrong and know that the success of the season is based on the NOW, not the past.

BroncoInSkinland
10-12-2009, 02:22 PM
If it were anyone but Lex (and a few others) making this argument there would be fairly relevant point behind it.

TSIguy---"Wait and see"---Midline---"He needs to prove it"---Lex

"Wait and see" (AKA the nut hugging cool-aid brigade), and "he needs to prove it" (refered to as Cutler loving Bears fans) weren't actually all that far removed in many instances. But thanks to the modern marvel of internet idiots who take things to extremes and mankinds basic nature of grouping things into categories so that we can establish rules to make complex situations simpler, alot of quality posters got tagged with the Bronco versions of pinko commie liberal, or baby killing conservative. I think we can all be happy with the Broncos winning games now and have some productive Broncos discussions if we just remember to tell the extremist douchebags on BOTH sides of the argument to STFU and enjoy the season.

TonyR
10-12-2009, 02:27 PM
...But the facts still remains! That Shanahans Off. Line and the WR's drafted or signed by Shanahan are responsible for 3 wins thus far. It was Stokely (signed by Shanny) who caught the deflected pass to score the game winning TD aganist Cincy.

Well, rasta, Shanahan didn't get it done with these players. Time to give McD a shot.

Drek
10-12-2009, 02:43 PM

Winning cures all ails.

What moves defied logic?

I can't think of any. I saw the rationale behind every last one of them.

Sign Andre Goodman, Renaldo Hill, and Brian Dawkins, then draft Alphonso Smith, Darcel McBath, and David Bruton?

Simple. The key to a quick turnaround is fixing what you can (the secondary) and not wasting money on a hope and a prayer (the DL). So we brought in two guys who helped turn Miami around last year (Goodman and Hill) and have always been solid players, as well as a vocal team leader at safety. That strategy often leads to a let down when those vets begin to decline though, so we've drafted a bunch of young, talented comps behind them. Our secondary should be solid at worst for the next 5+ years.

Draft Knowshon Moreno? Best HB in the class with as versatile a skill set as any back before him. No history of injury. Low mileage. What's not to love there? You can't grossly over pick and pass up a difference maker just because you need help on the defensive side more than the offensive side.

Trading a 1st for an early 2nd to grab Alphonso Smith? Have you looked at the CB class for next year? Alphonso Smith is better than any of them. If you want to you can view it as taking the best CB in next year's draft and getting him a year early.

Bringing in Paxton, Gaffney, Hochstein, LeKevin Smith, and LaMont Jordan? Sure did help install the locker room mindset of "everyone just do your jobs" that McDaniels was shooting for. Got some solid role players in the mix there too.

Signing Corel Buckhalter? Guy was always productive in Philly, just never healthy. For short money why not role the dice on him giving you 10+ healthy games?

And I'm sure the biggest "WTF?" move for most, trading Jay Cutler. For anyone who listened to the words coming out of Cutler's own mouth that should be pretty obvious. He had his own skills grossly overvalued (compared himself to championship winning QBs) and he expected special treatment (a guarantee he wouldn't be traded). That is not the rock you can build a franchise on. Football teams don't have room for a Barry Bonds or Manny Ramirez, guys who get special treatment just because they're talented. It takes 45 guys to win on Sundays, 53 or more guys to win over the course of a regular season. One guy no matter how talented is not worth tearing up that team unity, especially when he thinks he's a lot better than he really is.

Not a whole lot of things defying logic in there. Of course this is just a repeat of what I said all off-season.

GreatBronco16
10-12-2009, 03:10 PM
What moves defied logic?

Sign Andre Goodman, Renaldo Hill, and Brian Dawkins, then draft Alphonso Smith, Darcel McBath, and David Bruton?

Simple. The key to a quick turnaround is fixing what you can (the secondary) and not wasting money on a hope and a prayer (the DL). So we brought in two guys who helped turn Miami around last year (Goodman and Hill) and have always been solid players, as well as a vocal team leader at safety. That strategy often leads to a let down when those vets begin to decline though, so we've drafted a bunch of young, talented comps behind them. Our secondary should be solid at worst for the next 5+ years.

Draft Knowshon Moreno? Best HB in the class with as versatile a skill set as any back before him. No history of injury. Low mileage. What's not to love there? You can't grossly over pick and pass up a difference maker just because you need help on the defensive side more than the offensive side.

Trading a 1st for an early 2nd to grab Alphonso Smith? Have you looked at the CB class for next year? Alphonso Smith is better than any of them. If you want to you can view it as taking the best CB in next year's draft and getting him a year early.

Bringing in Paxton, Gaffney, Hochstein, LeKevin Smith, and LaMont Jordan? Sure did help install the locker room mindset of "everyone just do your jobs" that McDaniels was shooting for. Got some solid role players in the mix there too.

Signing Corel Buckhalter? Guy was always productive in Philly, just never healthy. For short money why not role the dice on him giving you 10+ healthy games?

And I'm sure the biggest "WTF?" move for most, trading Jay Cutler. For anyone who listened to the words coming out of Cutler's own mouth that should be pretty obvious. He had his own skills grossly overvalued (compared himself to championship winning QBs) and he expected special treatment (a guarantee he wouldn't be traded). That is not the rock you can build a franchise on. Football teams don't have room for a Barry Bonds or Manny Ramirez, guys who get special treatment just because they're talented. It takes 45 guys to win on Sundays, 53 or more guys to win over the course of a regular season. One guy no matter how talented is not worth tearing up that team unity, especially when he thinks he's a lot better than he really is.

Not a whole lot of things defying logic in there. Of course this is just a repeat of what I said all off-season.

Rep to you sir.:thumbsup:

Rohirrim
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
What moves defied logic?

I would really like to disagree with this post...

but I can't.

Althought I still think I would have preferred Rey over Fonzie. Sorry. :sunshine:

lex
10-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Dude I think you could kill yourself then defend yourself against murder in court and win. That's some nifty spin.

If the tone from the sheep would have only been, "wait and see" it would be one thing. But since much of the noise was apologizing in advance, they really have no high ground. If you truly believed there would be success, there would be no need to address that possibility. Thats where Popps ****ed himself. He's no better than the anyone else.

I also want to say the sentiment has been raised that some people were painted with a broad brush through all of this. This is fair. Some people were actually in the "wait and see" camp and not in the apologize in advance camp.

lex
10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Really? Better link that, son. (Of course, you can't.)

What I said was, there were scenarios where we could have won 6 games... and it could have been a productive season as long as we made progress from start to finish.

My actual prediction was anywhere around 7-9.

But, turns out we'll be better than that... and I'm sorry. I know that hurts you.
You've still got your Bears, bro. Keep the faith!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2451199&postcount=29

OK, Poser. Here is one instance of you getting in front of the 4-12 possibility.

BTW, everyone, I just want to go on record as saying that I predicted the team will go either 4-12, 5-11, 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7, 10-6, 11-5, or 12-4. This way I cant be wrong and can simultaneously justify every outcome.

Everyone's cool with that right?

Youre such a fraud Popps. Just STFU.

Popps
10-12-2009, 04:21 PM
If the tone from the sheep would have only been, "wait and see" it would be one thing. But since much of the noise was apologizing in advance, they really have no high ground. If you truly believed there would be success, there would be no need to address that possibility. Thats where Popps ****ed himself. He's no better than the anyone else.

Again, you don't have your head around the issue. No surprise, but you're arguing the wrong topic.

This topic isn't about who is the best prediction-maker. No one said that's what it was about.

This thread is about the difference between...

A. People who stood behind the changes the organization was making and predicted future success... be it this year, next year or whenever.

and..

B. People who turned trolls, haters, bashers and deemed this team a failure before ever hitting the practice field. (Like yourself.)

See the difference? So, quit confusing yourself. You're a troll and everyone knows the truth. No one is taking any "high ground," except to call you pussies out that couldn't stand behind the team during tough times.

If we were 2-3 right now, I wouldn't be any less enthusiastic about the moves we've made. Turns out, good play and a couple breaks have us even better than that. Great!

But, hey... I'm a fan. I like it when we win.

You'll have to find a way to deal with your emotions here, kid. Maybe we'll go on a losing streak and you'll be "justified."

Again, this was never about record-predicting... it was about "are we doing the right thing or not."

This is evident by the forum's overwhelming choice of this answer in the poll...

"It may be rocky and take time, but this franchise is headed for good things."

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83742

See boss? Plenty of us were prepared to stick by this team, even if it took a while to rebuild. In other words, we had a spine.. and some faith.

Do I think there were scenarios where a losing record this year could have still yielded a positive result in our rebuilding process? Sure.

Turns out, we may not have to worry about that.

Sorry bro. Good luck to your bears.

Popps
10-12-2009, 04:23 PM
It really doesn't matter. We're not going to win the Superbowl this year, or probably even make the playoffs. But, I do expect to see a foundation for success forming for this team.

If by the end of the season, we're not making any progress... I'll be as critical as anyone. But, I'm going to give this franchise a chance to put what I believe to be the proper philosophy in place before I start making rash judgments.

From the VERY post you referenced, Lex.

Wow. You really are a dumb mother****er.

DenverBrit
10-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I keep asking you to explain this incoherent rant.

You dont even know English AND YOU'RE English, yet that doesnt stop you from falling on your face and trying to correct me. There have been others as well. Im still laughing about that one. Haven't been able to take you seriously since. LOL. Good stuff.

But this is all you can come up with??

Originally Posted by lex
And of course you dont remember. I guess if you pretend like you dont remember, it didnt happen. . Nice try.

Translation: I've got nothing, I was just running my big mouth as usual. Ha!

watermock
10-12-2009, 04:37 PM
meh-McD celeberated too much.

That is all for now...

lex
10-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Again, you don't have your head around the issue. No surprise, but you're arguing the wrong topic.

This topic isn't about who is the best prediction-maker. No one said that's what it was about.

This thread is about the difference between...

A. People who stood behind the changes the organization was making and predicted future success... be it this year, next year or whenever.

and..

B. People who turned trolls, haters, bashers and deemed this team a failure before ever hitting the practice field. (Like yourself.)

See the difference? So, quit confusing yourself. You're a troll and everyone knows the truth. No one is taking any "high ground," except to call you pussies out that couldn't stand behind the team during tough times.

If we were 2-3 right now, I wouldn't be any less enthusiastic about the moves we've made. Turns out, good play and a couple breaks have us even better than that. Great!

But, hey... I'm a fan. I like it when we win.

You'll have to find a way to deal with your emotions here, kid. Maybe we'll go on a losing streak and you'll be "justified."

Again, this was never about record-predicting... it was about "are we doing the right thing or not."

This is evident by the forum's overwhelming choice of this answer in the poll...

"It may be rocky and take time, but this franchise is headed for good things."

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83742

See boss? Plenty of us were prepared to stick by this team, even if it took a while to rebuild. In other words, we had a spine.. and some faith.

Do I think there were scenarios where a losing record this year could have still yielded a positive result in our rebuilding process? Sure.

Turns out, we may not have to worry about that.

Sorry bro. Good luck to your bears.

LOL

Wow, someone had a lot of splainin' to do. Too bad, Im still not buying what youre selling.

Just know that as long as you try to claim the high ground, youre going to get your balls busted for predicting every scenario.

DenverBrit
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM

That is all for now...

Running out of steam?? ;D

watermock
10-12-2009, 04:43 PM
No, just watchin...

TonyR
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
...we had a spine.. and some faith.

That about sums it up. Well said.

Drek
10-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Althought I still think I would have preferred Rey over Fonzie. Sorry. :sunshine:
I sure wouldn't.

We don't get an Alphonso Smith ball hawk in 2010. Unless Joe Haden comes out early there probably isn't a CB in all of the 2010 draft as talented as Smith, and if Joe Haden comes out he's probably not within our reach.

We already have Woodyard and Larsen backing up the ILB spot, and a standout ILB is easier to get than a standout CB in the draft (hence my a CB/S tweener like Malcolm Jenkins went so early but Laurinaitis and Maualuga, two standout ILBs, slid to the second round).

Smith was obviously the highest guy left on their board, they had him ranked as a 1st, he fills a need position, and he's a better talent than what was available the next year. You don't trade up just to trade up, you trade up because someone in particular seems like a steal where they're at. Smith was that steal.

errand
10-13-2009, 09:37 AM
I also didnt like him forcing NE in our faces all the time like we should be in awe of them. I still feel that way.

Yeah imagine Josh trying to turn us into what is arguably the greatest team in the free agency era. no wonder they call you Lex, Lex, the big Kotex

errand
10-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Both Shanahan's OL and his WR's are the difference btwn McD's Broncos being 2-3 vs the 5-0 record we see right now.

:

Really? I thought it was the Defense that produced our exceptional W-L record this season...and with 8...that's right EIGHT new starters on defense....the credit must go to the guy who got them to come to Denver...and that would be Josh McDaniels.

But, for ****s and giggles...we'll pretend that you're right about it being Mike's OL and WR's that have us sitting pretty at 5-0.... explain why you were so bitchy and doom and gloom about the team if the only thing changed was RB and QB?

errand
10-13-2009, 09:59 AM
One can pretty much take my less-frequent posting of late as a "conscious decision to not add fuel to any more fires"...

...or that you're silently admitting you were wrong about McDaniels and the direction this team was headed in.

Look, the thing that I don't understand is how so-called fans can come in here and b**** about a head coach before he'd even coached one game that counted. One of these idiots called him the "worst coach ever"

It's beyond me how a true fan would b**** about a QB that did an exceptional job considering the talent his former team gave him...who also had a 64% winning pct as an NFL starter. Who led his team to a division title and a playoff appearance.

It's amazing how a true fan would b**** about the owner who's desire to be the owner of a championship franchise was the driving force in us actually becoming champions. A man who's not only been a great owner, but a pillar of the community.

for the past several months this board had been subject to guys like Lex, broncofan7, rastaman, and the rest of their clown posse basically calling everyone stupid for not seeing how all the offseason moves were mistakes of collosal proportions....and well, now we see that they were the stupid ones...and now they're being called onto the carpet for it.

I'm sorry...but when you throw stones at people....sometimes they throw them back at you.

Popps
10-13-2009, 10:16 AM
LOL

Wow, someone had a lot of splainin' to do. Too bad, Im still not buying what youre selling.

Just know that as long as you try to claim the high ground, youre going to get your balls busted for predicting every scenario.

No need to "claim" any high ground.

I simply believed it was time for a change and liked the direction we were going... and you were an attention-whore troll.

No real news, here.

TailgateNut
10-13-2009, 10:19 AM
I wont continue to throw stones at those who were so "intelligent" that they were able to predict complete and utter failure for our team, but will leave you with SOME of the terms used to describe those who didn't see all of the changes as being negative.

We were.

Inept
Dumbasses
Ignorant
Morons
Not intelligent
Trolls
Kool aid drinkers
Irrational Bafoons
The least knowledgeable fans
A$$holes
Retarded

and we had:
Problems with logic and reasoning,
and Inferior minds

.....and that's just a few of the constant insults.....from a select few. (all are on my ignore list and will remain there until hell freezes over).

That said, I also believe to continue the "I told you so" posts makes us no better than those who insulted us without merit. The ones' who now must live with their "better than thou attitudes" are scrambling in their futile attempts to water down their previous comments and predictions.

The way things are progressing now, a few of the "pro crowd" is venturing toward the ignore list.

Give it a ****ing break.

broncocalijohn
10-13-2009, 11:02 AM

That is all for now...

Is that all you got left? Better to not say anything. We already suspect your a moron with this whole discussion. Once you post, it removes all doubt. But kudos for calling the coach McD. That is getting closer to respect. :thanku:

lex
10-13-2009, 11:06 AM
No need to "claim" any high ground.

I simply believed it was time for a change and liked the direction we were going... and you were an attention-whore troll.

No real news, here.

No, you are a sheep who secretly wanted the team to go 4-12 just so you can "show your faith." My expectations were for the team to win. Im not the one who was apologizing or making excuses in advance for 4-12. People like you who were doing this needed to be tweaked and still do, especially when you predicted a variety of scenarios. If theres anyone who should be upset about the winning its you. Ive said I expect the team to win 10 games. I wasnt at all down with losing and certainly wasnt making apologies for it in advance.

broncocalijohn
10-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Really? I thought it was the Defense that produced our exceptional W-L record this season...and with 8...that's right EIGHT new starters on defense....the credit must go to the guy who got them to come to Denver...and that would be Josh McDaniels.

But, for ****s and giggles...we'll pretend that you're right about it being Mike's OL and WR's that have us sitting pretty at 5-0.... explain why you were so b****y and doom and gloom about the team if the only thing changed was RB and QB?

Yeah, Rastaman, try explain this one! If we were still using so many players from Shanahan's regime, how could it be so bad. After all, Orton isnt doing it. It is the leftovers from Mike's regime. Try explaining how you were doom and gloom, WITH YOUR GUYS FROM LAST YEAR, but now give credit to those same guys for being 5 and 0. Every time you post, it just evaluates that you might be the biggest tool of Mile Shanahan. That is saying a lot with Lex and the anti McDaniels crowd here at the Mane.
Great response Errand. REP!

Paladin
10-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Well, all I know is that Shanahan didn't win shyte with (his) team last year. Even lost to Faids, Carolina, Buffalo and SD. Three game lead and blew it.

I don't give a crap how many "carryovers" there are. McD leading the team to wins.

oubronco
10-13-2009, 11:43 AM
No, just watchin...

pretty funny stuff huh

broncocalijohn
10-13-2009, 11:44 AM
No, you are a sheep who secretly wanted the team to go 4-12 just so you can "show your faith." My expectations were for the team to win. Im not the one who was apologizing or making excuses in advance for 4-12. People like you who were doing this needed to be tweaked and still do, especially when you predicted a variety of scenarios. If theres anyone who should be upset about the winning its you. Ive said I expect the team to win 10 games. I wasnt at all down with losing and certainly wasnt making apologies for it in advance.

What the hell do you get that? You are a total revisionist. Popps never said anything like that just that you want him to be shown in a bad light. You arent getting out of this one and never will. I dont bag on Bronco Buff or Steven anymore because they know when to cool it and realize they are fans first that wants their team to win. Buff didnt have to go to OM weekend if he thought we would lose. You deserve these replies as you just cant let go of your hard headed remarks , opinions and lies. No one believes you except your smaller and smaller posse of rastaman and whoever secretly gives you PMs and reps. I bet Mock doesnt even call McDaniels "Beavis" anymore. Then again, he is probably watching Favre and his Vikings to comfort his soul.

Broncos4tw
10-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Huh? How is thinking the team was going off the deep end make one a troll? This is very confusing to me.

I was thinking 7 wins there or there abouts, so I'm damned pleased with the success so far. And while I still think McD is learning, I am loving his strong desire to win, and he isn't as dumb as a bucket of bolts. And he knows football. So all good there.

But still not sold on Orton, I am waiting to see what happens if our D gives up say, 31 points in a game. Do we have a chance at all? Only time will tell.

But saying someone is a troll because they thought our team was making some dumb decisions is ridiculous. Not only did many fans feel this way, many analysts did. There were not many sites or shows that supported our team winning more than a handful of games. Hell, fans from other teams felt SORRY for us, go figure.

I guess there may have been a couple who posted in a troll-like manner, but get off yoru stupid high-horses and get over yourselves. Blind allegiance and serious sack-sucking doesn't make you a "better" fan.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-13-2009, 11:45 AM
i was wrong about mc D i mean tradin ya hissy fit throwing qb to chicago for some qb you never herd of cmon that was crazy mho i thought my god this mcdaniels guy has lost his mind bowlen should bring back shanny. and then with the D i thought we are gonna have to go thru a few lousy years til we get nuff guys to make it better same with the offense. i never dreamed we would be 5-0 atm it takes years and years to rebuild and i thought this is a rebuilding year .well remind me not to question a coaching change ever again.
so will all of you mcdaniels coach fans be upset if 10 years from now McDaniels loses his magic and have to be replaced? im hopin McDaniels be our coach for the next 100 years minus the al davis senility. but if he loses his magic then im sorry he has to be replaced .

TonyR
10-13-2009, 11:48 AM

Is it possible to be any more phony than this? Popps certainly never wanted the team to go 4-12, that's just pure stupid. And your stated "expectation" that the team go 10-6 was a setup so you could complain if the team did worse than that and you could declare how right you were. You didn't think for a second that 10-6 was possible. Give it a rest.

jhat01
10-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Huh? How is thinking the team was going off the deep end make one a troll? This is very confusing to me.

I was thinking 7 wins there or there abouts, so I'm damned pleased with the success so far. And while I still think McD is learning, I am loving his strong desire to win, and he isn't as dumb as a bucket of bolts. And he knows football. So all good there.

But still not sold on Orton, I am waiting to see what happens if our D gives up say, 31 points in a game. Do we have a chance at all? Only time will tell.

But saying someone is a troll because they thought our team was making some dumb decisions is ridiculous. Not only did many fans feel this way, many analysts did. There were not many sites or shows that supported our team winning more than a handful of games. Hell, fans from other teams felt SORRY for us, go figure.

I guess there may have been a couple who posted in a troll-like manner, but get off yoru stupid high-horses and get over yourselves. Blind allegiance and serious sack-sucking doesn't make you a "better" fan.

I don't really get this "sold on" stuff. Any qb in the league would have a hard time when his defense gives up 31. The dude led this team on several long sustained drives in this game. I think it goes to show what the mentality of the team is, do you think they'll go to seven step drops and go routes all day?
No they won't. They qb has played very well so far, I don't think "sold on" is the way to look at it.

broncocalijohn
10-13-2009, 11:50 AM

"Trolls" were being thrown out by the pro Shanahan/Cutler crowd to the Pro Broncos organization crowd, not the other way around. Please, please, please stop the "Im going to make another line in the sand so I can be correct" posts. I see you want to give Orton a grade based on our stellar defense giving up 31 points and to see if we can beat that opponent. Are you nuts? If this defense gives up 31 points, it isnt on Orton, but the defense! Are you really expecting our team to score that many points? It could happen but it really doesnt need to. He already proved two 90 yard plus drives plus the overtime drive to be a winner...... as he has been his career. Here is a scoop. We will lose games this year. It might be on the defense and it might be on the offense. But the guy deserves the respect. Stop "waiting and see" on him. He is going on his 6th game and improved every one!

jhat01
10-13-2009, 11:52 AM
"Trolls" were being thrown out by the pro Shanahan/Cutler crowd to the Pro Broncos organization crowd, not the other way around. Please, please, please stop the "Im going to make another line in the sand so I can be correct" posts. I see you want to give Orton a grade based on our stellar defense giving up 31 points and to see if we can beat that opponent. Are you nuts? If this defense gives up 31 points, it isnt on Orton, but the defense! Are you really expecting our team to score that many points? It could happen but it really doesnt need to. He already proved two 90 yard plus drives plus the overtime drive to be a winner...... as he has been his career. Here is a scoop. We will lose games this year. It might be on the defense and it might be on the offense. But the guy deserves the respect. Stop "waiting and see" on him. He is going on his 6th game and improved every one!

yep

TailgateNut
10-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Blind allegiance and serious sack-sucking doesn't make you a "better" fan.
But blind hatred does???

Blueflame
10-13-2009, 03:02 PM
...or that you're silently admitting you were wrong about McDaniels and the direction this team was headed in.

Look, the thing that I don't understand is how so-called fans can come in here and b**** about a head coach before he'd even coached one game that counted. One of these idiots called him the "worst coach ever"

It's beyond me how a true fan would b**** about a QB that did an exceptional job considering the talent his former team gave him...who also had a 64% winning pct as an NFL starter. Who led his team to a division title and a playoff appearance.

It's amazing how a true fan would b**** about the owner who's desire to be the owner of a championship franchise was the driving force in us actually becoming champions. A man who's not only been a great owner, but a pillar of the community.

for the past several months this board had been subject to guys like Lex, broncofan7, rastaman, and the rest of their clown posse basically calling everyone stupid for not seeing how all the offseason moves were mistakes of collosal proportions....and well, now we see that they were the stupid ones...and now they're being called onto the carpet for it.

I'm sorry...but when you throw stones at people....sometimes they throw them back at you.

If that was my meaning, I daresay I'd have been totally capable of expressing it every bit as eloquently as you just did. ::) No.... the flame wars will most likely continue. But they will not have me at the epicenter, that's all.

baja
10-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Just ask yourselves one question;

Would our Bronco players be selling themselves out for each other if Cutler was still our QB.

baja
10-13-2009, 03:41 PM

Given enough rope.....

Cito Pelon
10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
LOL!!!

Winning wounds all heels......

What galled me the most was the unending "contest" to see who cpould produce the "cutest" epithet to call McD. There were some really bad ones out there.

I understand why the "Wait and See" guys are jubilantly serving crow here. If you can't take the ribbing, don't dish it out. And ther are some in that bunch are still crawling around like boot lickers.

Now you say: "Hey, we're all fans. Let's just enjoy it."......

Yeah, right. I think the fist pumps were meant for the naysayers as in "up yours, beatch."........

This is true.

rastaman
10-13-2009, 04:15 PM

But, for ****s and giggles...we'll pretend that you're right about it being Mike's OL and WR's that have us sitting pretty at 5-0.... explain why you were so b****y and doom and gloom about the team if the only thing changed was RB and QB?

Give a rest and admit that the players brought in by McD while they have had an impact....did not score the TD's that have allowed Denver to have a 5-0 record! Stokely's hail mary tipped pass TD beat Cincy, and Brandon's TD beat the Cow Girls, and Brandon's 2 TD's against NE allowed the Broncos to go into overtime and win that game as well. Orton is a having a Pro Bowl season thanks in part to McD's schemes, but more importantly due to the O Line Shanny left for McD to utilize and Orton has utilize to manage games effectively! McD didn't bring the current Bronco O line with him....that O L was already here!!!

Now even though Orton manages a game really well, had Stokely and Brandon dropped those 4 TD passes, Orton would be sporting a 2-3 record. Now, I'll be the first to admit Mike Nolan's Defense has kept Denver in games long enough for Shanahan's WR's to pull games out with late 4th Qtr TD's, but we must admit it took an effort by both offense and defense, but the edge goes to the Offense b/c the offense scored the points!

This isn't to take away any of McD's achievements this season but at the same time you can't ignore what McD had to work with when he took over as HC for the Broncos! I mean come on its not like McD was taking over at Detroit.

baja
10-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Give a rest and admit that the players brought in by McD while they have had an impact....did not score the TD's that have allowed Denver to have a 5-0 record! Stokely's hail mary tipped pass TD beat Cincy, and Brandon's TD beat the Cow Girls, and Brandon's 2 TD's against NE allowed the Broncos to go into overtime and win that game as well. Orton is a having a Pro Bowl season thanks in part to McD's schemes, but more importantly due to the O Line Shanny left for McD to utilize and Orton has utilize to manage games effectively! McD didn't bring the current Bronco O line with him....that O L was already here!!!

<b>Now even though Orton manages a game really well,</b> had Stokely and Brandon dropped those 4 TD passes, Orton would be sporting a 2-3 record. Now, I'll be the first to admit Mike Nolan's Defense has kept Denver in games long enough for Shanahan's WR's to pull games out with late 4th Qtr TD's, but we must admit it took an effort by both offense and defense, but the edge goes to the Offense b/c the offense scored the points!

This isn't to take away any of McD's achievements this season but at the same time you can't ignore what McD had to work with when he took over as HC for the Broncos! I mean come on its not like McD was taking over at Detroit.

Are you aware Orton was voted Offensive player of the week?

lex
10-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Is it possible to be any more phony than this? Popps certainly never wanted the team to go 4-12, that's just pure stupid. And your stated "expectation" that the team go 10-6 was a setup so you could complain if the team did worse than that and you could declare how right you were. You didn't think for a second that 10-6 was possible. Give it a rest.

Youre another one of the apologists. If I were you, I woudnt even bother guessing on the level you are. Youre way off. This notion of losing at the expense of moving forward just wasnt going to work and guys like you were building in excuses before the season. My expectations would have been 10-6 and I wasnt lowering them. Guys like you were making excuses for losing in advance.

I wasnt into making predictions so your whole point about not thinking it was possible really isnt one. 10-6 wasnt an unreasonable expectation at all given the amount of young talent left behind.

Bronx33
10-13-2009, 04:38 PM
give a rest and admit that the players brought in by mcd while they have had an impact....did not score the td's that have allowed denver to have a 5-0 record! Stokely's hail mary tipped pass td beat cincy, and brandon's td beat the cow girls, and brandon's 2 td's against ne allowed the broncos to go into overtime and win that game as well. Orton is a having a pro bowl season thanks in part to mcd's schemes, but more importantly due to the o line shanny left for mcd to utilize and orton has utilize to manage games effectively! Mcd didn't bring the current bronco o line with him....that o l was already here!!!

Now even though orton manages a game really well, had stokely and brandon dropped those 4 td passes, orton would be sporting a 2-3 record. Now, i'll be the first to admit mike nolan's defense has kept denver in games long enough for shanahan's wr's to pull games out with late 4th qtr td's, but we must admit it took an effort by both offense and defense, but the edge goes to the offense b/c the offense scored the points!

This isn't to take away any of mcd's achievements this season but at the same time you can't ignore what mcd had to work with when he took over as hc for the broncos! I mean come on its not like mcd was taking over at detroit.

if

TonyR
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
My BS-o-meter is going off again. Hmmm. Oh, look, post #137. That explains it!

DenverBrit
10-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Youre another one of the apologists. If I were you, I woudnt even bother guessing on the level you are. Youre way off. This notion of losing at the expense of moving forward just wasnt going to work and guys like you were building in excuses before the season. My expectations would have been 10-6 and I wasnt lowering them. Guys like you were making excuses for losing in advance.

I wasnt into making predictions so your whole point about not thinking it was possible really isnt one. 10-6 wasnt an unreasonable expectation at all given the amount of young talent left behind.

Again?? Hilarious!

Main Entry: expectation
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: belief, anticipation
Synonyms:
apprehension, assumption, assurance, calculation,
chance, confidence, conjecture, design, expectancy, fear,
forecast, hope, intention, likelihood, looking forward,
motive, notion, outlook, possibility, prediction,
presumption, probability, promise, prospect, reliance,
supposition, surmise, suspense, trust, view

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/154/2/c/Denial_by_Mechis.jpg

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-13-2009, 05:21 PM

Now even though Orton manages a game really well, had Stokely and Brandon dropped those 4 TD passes, Orton would be sporting a 2-3 record. Now, I'll be the first to admit Mike Nolan's Defense has kept Denver in games long enough for Shanahan's WR's to pull games out with late 4th Qtr TD's, but we must admit it took an effort by both offense and defense, but the edge goes to the Offense b/c the offense scored the points!

Ok, so Shanahan wasn't a TOTAL failure in recent years. Agreed.

rastaman
10-13-2009, 05:31 PM

Are you aware the award could have gone to either Brandon or Orton? Some would argue the award should have gone to Marshall especially since his TD receptions the last two weeks won those games.

Both players should have shared the award IMHO!

rastaman
10-13-2009, 05:35 PM
if

If What!......If you had common sense no one would be required to assist you with crossing the street! Ha! Can't say I disagree.:approve:

rastaman
10-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Just ask yourselves one question;

Would our Bronco players be selling themselves out for each other if Cutler was still our QB.

The Broncos are selling themselves out for one another b/c winning exudes confidence and comradere! The Bronco players believe in Orton and the Defense to give them a chance to win in the 4th qtr.

The Bears are exhibiting the same type of behavior with Cutler. The players feel they are never out of a game b/c they believe Cutler can bring them back!

baja
10-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baja

rastaman - Are you aware the award could have gone to either Brandon or Orton? Some would argue the award should have gone to Marshall especially since his TD receptions the last two weeks won those games.

My reminder was directed to a post of yours calling Orton no more that a game manager. Game managers do not win player of the week awards regardless if you approve the award choice or not.

Do you really wonder why almost every poster on this board continually comes down on you?

kamakazi_kal
10-13-2009, 05:51 PM
We just can't seem to get over the offseason now, can we.

I HATED allot of the moves that happened in the offseason. McD has shown me why I'm a fan and not a coach ..... yes I'm a fan of the broncos. I never wanted this team to fail.... that being said I did think we would not be very good at all.

It's intresting how even the people that also didn't think we would be good but agreed with the moves somehow think they predictied we would start 5-0.

I was wrong ... period. When Mcd was able to get Marshall back into the fold I was plain in awe. Matter of fact most of the people spouting "were real fans" on this thread wanted Marshall gone to for not being "team" enough .... where's that crowd after 3 td's in 2 weeks.

All in all we can only go by what we feel...... Really that trade has worked out for both teams. you don't hear Chicago crying for orton back and you don't hear denver fans crying about losses.

Popps
10-13-2009, 05:57 PM
It's intresting how even the people that also didn't think we would be good but agreed with the moves somehow think they predictied we would start 5-0..

Yea, that seems to be the Bulls#it Du Jour being served up by everyone who was on the wrong side of this thing.

No one (or almost no one) said anything in the off-season about us going 5-0. In fact, even those of us who stuck by the team thought it might be a struggle.

The difference is, we didn't turn into full-time bashers and trolls, insisting that our team was doomed... McDaniels was "McDouche" and Orton was a piece of ****.

See the difference?

No one is saying "I knew we'd be 5-0." What people are saying... is that some of you trolls DEEMED US A FAILURE without so much as seeing ANY evidence on the field.

What the 80% of us who voted "positive on our future" in the poll were saying is... "hey, we're headed in the right direction, here."

See the difference? So, let's kill the little charade about people predicting we'd be 5-0. No one said any such thing. It's about believing in the moves or not.... and a lot of you trolls were ABSOLUTELY ****ING RELENTLESS about ****ting on any shred of optimism anyone showed around here.

So, don't piss and moan now that those optimistic folks are handing it back to you. If you can't take it, don't spend all off-season dishing it out.

I never saw a single supporter say we'd play in the Superbowl, yet... I saw countless idiots claim we were doomed for 15-50 (yes, 50) years.

kamakazi_kal
10-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Dude, your going to injure your heart with these rants.

An opinion is just that, you don't really need a side to have personal feelings about somthing.

BTW, I still don't think Orton is the long term awnser.

(start personal attack
.now)

errand
10-13-2009, 07:15 PM

again, yet another example of why i felt the need to create this thread...

those that were negative "might have (he said might have).... posted in a troll like manner"....

those that were positive need to now "get over ourselves", "get off our high horses"....have "blind allegiance" and are "serious sack-suckers"

now can anyone else understand the difference in the tone coming from those who were called out and their cronies?

SJ Bronco
10-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Can't we all just get along? your guys are sucking the fun out of 5-0. I mean, most people here apologized or admitted they were wrong if they were. What do you want? I can't remember the last time Errand admitted he was wrong. Or has he ever. Or is he just never wrong? Look, we all had our thoughts. If everyone here were just massaging each others ego's and slapping five, I wouldn't be here. Our beloved broncos were the talk of the league this off season. I can't tell you the amount of CRAPPOLLA I had to endure from every Niner and raider (yes I said raider) fan talking smack about my team and berating our draft. I had one charger fan dancing with glee, Literally, right in front of me! So here I am, trying to give honest analysis my team, and fend off all the negativity, while having to come here and be called a bad fan for having some small doubts? Someone was going to be wrong. Now you want to go around rubbing it in so that you can prove your what? Better than us? Fine. Errand, your the greatest bronco fan ever. Your the only one that deserves to root for the team. Good luck posting to no one and sitting in the stands alone oh great one. Sheesh! What a crock! your a jerk

Cito Pelon
10-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Can't we all just get along? your guys are sucking the fun out of 5-0. I mean, most people here apologized or admitted they were wrong if they were. What do you want? I can't remember the last time Errand admitted he was wrong. Or has he ever. Or is he just never wrong? Look, we all had our thoughts. If everyone here were just massaging each others ego's and slapping five, I wouldn't be here. Our beloved broncos were the talk of the league this off season. I can't tell you the amount of CRAPPOLLA I had to endure from every Niner and raider (yes I said raider) fan talking smack about my team and berating our draft. I had one charger fan dancing with glee, Literally, right in front of me! So here I am, trying to give honest analysis my team, and fend off all the negativity, while having to come here and be called a bad fan for having some small doubts? Someone was going to be wrong. Now you want to go around rubbing it in so that you can prove your what? Better than us? Fine. Errand, your the greatest bronco fan ever. Your the only one that deserves to root for the team. Good luck posting to no one and sitting in the stands alone oh great one. Sheesh! What a crock! your a jerk

You're.

Jesus, you went through that big rant and you can't even write proper English. If you're gonna go to the trouble to rant at least get your grammar correct.

SJ Bronco
10-13-2009, 07:51 PM
You're.

Jesus, you went through that big rant and you can't even write proper English. If you're gonna go to the trouble to rant at least get your grammar correct.

:pimp: Seriously? Typo smack? You suck at this

Cito Pelon
10-13-2009, 08:06 PM
:pimp: Seriously? Typo smack? You suck at this

J/k, relax.

SJ Bronco
10-13-2009, 08:14 PM
J/k, relax.

So am I. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it. Your good for some better stuff than that though. There were a whole bunch of incomplete thoughts in that rant. You could have gotten me for any of them.;)

Popps
10-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Dude, your going to injure your heart with these rants.

I've got a heart full of love for my fellow Broncos fans.

I've also got a little somethin' for the trolls. Just doing a little house-keeping, that's all.

BTW, I still don't think Orton is the long term awnser.

(start personal attack
.now)

Hey, I'm not 100% convinced he's the long-term answer, either. But, I like him and I think we can win a championship with him if he plays as he has and the proper team is put in place. He's an easy guy to root for and just might prove a lot of people wrong. He's off to a good start.

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Again?? Hilarious!

Main Entry: expectation
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: belief, anticipation
Synonyms:
apprehension, assumption, assurance, calculation,
chance, confidence, conjecture, design, expectancy, fear,
forecast, hope, intention, likelihood, looking forward,
motive, notion, outlook, possibility, prediction,
presumption, probability, promise, prospect, reliance,
supposition, surmise, suspense, trust, view

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/154/2/c/Denial_by_Mechis.jpg

Lex= a new and "improved" troll.

TailgateNut
10-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Are you aware the award could have gone to either Brandon or Orton? Some would argue the award should have gone to Marshall especially since his TD receptions the last two weeks won those games.

^one reason animals eat their young.

errand
10-14-2009, 10:39 AM

[] You don't think the aforementioned trolls like rastaman, lex, and broncofan7 finding any little thing to b**** about whether it be Orton's completion % on Sunday games played in Sept. when the score is tied and the stock market is down doesn't count as "sucking the fun" outta being 5-0 ?

[] And while it is a rare occasion when i am actually wrong, i have admitted it when it has happened. Just because you can't recall it ever happening doesn't mean it hasn't. The older i get the more my memory gets clouded.

[] I find it amazing that you seethed when the fans of other teams spewed their doom & gloom about the Broncos...but here you are defending bronco fans that spewed trash about the very team you love. That's like getting mad at strangers for poking fun at you...but not getting upset when your wife and kids do the same thing.

[] And you're claiming you're in here fending off negativity? Well where were you when your cronies were doing their best to undermine the fun of others being an optimistic fan? did you jump all over them and b**** about how they were acting superior to those of us who had opposing thoughts on the direction the team was headed?

[] And for the record I never called anyone a bad fan...I have however held them accountable for their deeds and words. I will however say that I personally find it odd for someone to claim they love this team when all they do is trash it. Let me put it into perspective for you -

If you're spouse, or significant other, life partner, whatever you call them.... constantly nitpicked at all your faults, had little if anything positive to say about you, and even tried to find a way to discount your accomplishments.....would you believe they truly loved you?

....and yes, I AM the greatest Bronco fan ever. but that's just one man's opinion.

Spider
10-14-2009, 10:47 AM
[] You don't think the aforementioned trolls like rastaman, lex, and broncofan7 finding any little thing to b**** about whether it be Orton's completion % on Sunday games played in Sept. when the score is tied and the stock market is down doesn't count as "sucking the fun" outta being 5-0 ?

[] And while it is a rare occasion when i am actually wrong, i have admitted it when it has happened. Just because you can't recall it ever happening doesn't mean it hasn't. The older i get the more my memory gets clouded.

[] I find it amazing that you seethed when the fans of other teams spewed their doom & gloom about the Broncos...but here you are defending bronco fans that spewed trash about the very team you love. That's like getting mad at strangers for poking fun at you...but not getting upset when your wife and kids do the same thing.

[] And you're claiming you're in here fending off negativity? Well where were you when your cronies were doing their best to undermine the fun of others being an optimistic fan? did you jump all over them and b**** about how they were acting superior to those of us who had opposing thoughts on the direction the team was headed?

[] And for the record I never called anyone a bad fan...I have however held them accountable for their deeds and words. I will however say that I personally find it odd for someone to claim they love this team when all they do is trash it. Let me put it into perspective for you -

If you're spouse, or significant other, life partner, whatever you call them.... constantly nitpicked at all your faults, had little if anything positive to say about you, and even tried to find a way to discount your accomplishments.....would you believe they truly loved you?

....and yes, I AM the greatest Bronco fan ever. but that's just one man's opinion.

;D how is that book called how to make friends and influence people coming along ?

errand
10-14-2009, 11:06 AM
;D how is that book called how to make friends and influence people coming along ?

I don't wake up next to anyone on here...nor do they pay my bills. I care less what they think of me personally.

It's amazing how everyone is coming in here saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion.....and yet they bitch about mine.

Bottom line is I have my doubts about a person loving something they trash almost all the time. If that's somehow hard to understand then i don't know what to tell anyone......

tsiguy96
10-14-2009, 11:08 AM

dont know if i could possibly agree with any post more than this...

Bob
10-14-2009, 11:21 AM

I know I was very negitive about the decisions that were being made, I didnt post about it every day, but couldnt see how getting rid of Cutler and Shanny made us a better team. But 5-0 rightfully shuts up the critic...

tsiguy96
10-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I know I was very negitive about the decisions that were being made, I didnt post about it every day, but couldnt see how getting rid of Cutler and Shanny made us a better team. But 5-0 rightfully shuts up the critic...

shoulda gave mcdaniels the benefit of the doubt, ie let him coach a single game first.

errand
10-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Popps has pointed it out numerous times. There is a difference in how you describe your issues with the team.

Criticizing a certain player like Orton by saying you think he's not that accurate is one thing...saying he sucks ass and is a complete failure as a human being is another.

Criticizing McDaniels for not being a good manager of the clock or drafting poorly is one thing...saying he's "the worst coach ever" when he's not coached a solitary game is another.

It's Ok to be critical of the team when the results are in...but to do it before they have had a chance to prove themselves is another. this thread is for those who did exactly that.

Spider
10-14-2009, 05:36 PM
I don't wake up next to anyone on here...nor do they pay my bills. I care less what they think of me personally.

It's amazing how everyone is coming in here saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion.....and yet they b**** about mine.

Bottom line is I have my doubts about a person loving something they trash almost all the time. If that's somehow hard to understand then i don't know what to tell anyone......

:D relax .......for a change Iam agreeing with ya ;D