PDA

View Full Version : Halftime adjustments and the Broncos in the 2nd half

KevinJames
10-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I heard this on MHR Radio but this is some amazing stats. I think it just shows how well coached we are.

teams have only converted 2 of 31 on third down in the 2nd half all season long.

no team against the Broncos haven't converted a third down in the second half in the last 3 weeks

in the 2nd half Broncos have outscored their opponents 59-7 and out gained them in yds 1,158 to 501.

outstanding :thumbsup::thumbs:

Paladin
10-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Smashing.

The MVPlaya
10-11-2009, 11:34 PM
I think Mike Nolan deserves a lot of props...

Bronco Yoda
10-12-2009, 12:10 AM
incredible

Doggcow
10-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah, our Defensive adjustments are just insane the past two weeks.

DivineLegion
10-12-2009, 12:14 AM
man...I sure do miss Mike..............hmmmm

ZONA
10-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Good coaching and a ton of http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tEZi5YvGlCA/SHmZFum8gbI/AAAAAAAABEU/XQa7iUT94CQ/s400/13%2Bheart%2Bshape.jpg

Bronco Yoda
10-12-2009, 12:19 AM
It's like bizarro world. We're so use to starting out fast and then trying to hang on while the other team out adjusts us at halftime.

BroncoMan4ever
10-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah, our Defensive adjustments are just insane the past two weeks.

quite a far cry from the last few years of hoping the **** that didn't work in the 1st half would start working in the 2nd half.

55CrushEm
10-12-2009, 07:45 AM
That is amazing to me......7 points allowed in the second half all year. And we only gave up the 7 points to Cincy b/c we decided to go prevent on that drive.....

KevinJames
10-12-2009, 04:05 PM
quite a far cry from the last few years of hoping the **** that didn't work in the 1st half would start working in the 2nd half.

exactly a huge step in the right direction :notworthy

Br0nc0Buster
10-12-2009, 04:16 PM
flat out dominance

I was hoping just for an average defense this year, instead we may have one of the best

lex
10-12-2009, 04:24 PM
This has been an area that has been a big upgrade over last year. It actually kind of saddens me because, it makes me realize how far removed from the process of winning Shanahan became. Its too bad Shanahan became such a figurehead and didnt demand accountability on top of that.

anon
10-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Shanny didn't think in terms of "complimentary" football. He was an offensive coach with an offensive bias. He got used to winning with dominant offenses and an adequate defense. That worked well in the SB years but then again we had Elway, TD, Rod Smith, and an exceptional O-Line. I actually think that our offensive dominance and ball control covered up how bad our defenses actually were, even in the glory years. I remember we would routinely get big leads on opponents by halftime, essentially making the opposing offense one dimensional and easier to defend. Then old Greg Robinson would dial up his sell-the-house blitz packages. Our special teams during Shanny's reign, except for Elam, were definitely sub-par.

Cito Pelon
10-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Good stuff.

baja
10-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Shanny didn't think in terms of "complimentary" football. He was an offensive coach with an offensive bias. He got used to winning with dominant offenses and an adequate defense. That worked well in the SB years but then again we had Elway, TD, Rod Smith, and an exceptional O-Line. I actually think that our offensive dominance and ball control covered up how bad our defenses actually were, even in the glory years. I remember we would routinely get big leads on opponents by halftime, essentially making the opposing offense one dimensional and easier to defend. Then old Greg Robinson would dial up his sell-the-house blitz packages. Our special teams during Shanny's reign, except for Elam, were definitely sub-par.

Wow there are my main elements of my old fire Greg Robinson arguments.

Jesterhole
10-12-2009, 06:42 PM
That is an amazing stat. Dawkins is looking like the best FA pick up in the NFL so far. Holliday was a signing too...big time play to force overtime yesterday. Love that we have NFL caliber starters in our backfield again.

mhgaffney
10-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Is this some kind of record?

It oughta be.

baja
10-12-2009, 06:56 PM
I heard this on MHR Radio but this is some amazing stats. I think it just shows how well coached we are.

teams have only converted 2 of 31 on third down in the 2nd half all season long.

no team against the Broncos haven't converted a third down in the second half in the last 3 weeks

in the 2nd half Broncos have outscored their opponents 59-7 and out gained them in yds 1,158 to 501.

Except for that brain fart TD we let Cinci score we have shout every team we have played in the second half that is off the chart coaching and players really stepping up.

mwill07
10-12-2009, 07:14 PM
flat out dominance

I was hoping just for an average defense this year, instead we may have one of the best

honestly, it almost brings a tear to my eye, thinking about how bad our D was last year and how average I hoped they would be this year...It's fair to say that this D has by far exceeded my wildest dreams.

Cito Pelon
10-12-2009, 07:23 PM
That is an amazing stat. Dawkins is looking like the best FA pick up in the NFL so far. Holliday was a signing too...big time play to force overtime yesterday. Love that we have NFL caliber starters in our backfield again.

Surprised me the impact Holliday has made. Not only has he made an impact on the field, but he's taken on the media as a spokesman and that means some other guys don't get hounded constantly.

R8R H8R
10-12-2009, 09:07 PM

I heard this also and was totally blown away. One thing that gets lost on all this is the fact that while our D is dominating the 2nd half, our offense is actually getting better too.

In all 4 games, the offense got stronger as the game went on, particularly in the 4th quarter when its money time. That is not only great coaching on both sides of the ball, its clutch players buying in. Superb!

BroncoMan4ever
10-12-2009, 10:27 PM
flat out dominance

i know what you mean. all offseason i kept thinking if we can et the defense to only allow on average 17-21 a game we will be fine and i will be happy with a mediocre defense as it would be improvement. and in a single offseason we frankenstein an awesome beast.