PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Fan Whines about Mile High Stadium

v2micca
10-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I loved this post over on the ESPN message forums.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=5609709&lid=9

Priceless.

Archer81
10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Make them dig up the stadium and put it at sea level...oh for ****'s sake...

:Broncos:

RMT
10-11-2009, 07:27 PM
i took my 12 year old today - and some loser patsy fan sitting directly behind us used the F-bomb about every 5 minutes ...

classless

SJ Bronco
10-11-2009, 07:30 PM
I loved this post over on the ESPN message forums.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=5609709&lid=9

Priceless.

That guy needs to douche or something...my goodness!

Tankgunner95
10-11-2009, 07:31 PM
i took my 12 year old today - and some loser patsy fan sitting directly behind us used the F-bomb about every 5 minutes ...

classless

Sounds like me at the Indy game two years ago!!! :)

cutthemdown
10-11-2009, 07:34 PM

classless

Can't you get them kicked out for obsessive vulgarity?

IMO you can scream, stand up, even get away with 1 or 2 fbombs. I mean I overlook that because it is a passionate game. But if it becomes 5-10 really loud ones I think the way to teach kids is to throw them out.

That way they see there is a repercussion to being vulgar.

One really I prefer to watch at home, instead of around rival fans, is because I am such a sore loser, and a gloating winner. Its a personality flaw I like to keep to myself.

manchambo
10-11-2009, 07:53 PM
He actually seems to think the altitude has an appreciable effect on passes, and somehow explains Brady's bad throws (of which I didn't see very many).

Never heard that one before.

v2micca
10-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I've never heard that excuse either. But it does make sense that the thinner air could affect the trajectory of passes, especially the deep passes. I remember noticing that Romo seemed really off on the deep ones last week as well. Of course, it hasn't seemed to affect Rivers the past couple of years, so take it as you will.

Pony Boy
10-11-2009, 07:59 PM

classless

That F-bombing sucks........:~ohyah!: Just kidding.............

Blueflame
10-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm sure the icy temperatures in January probably give the Packers an advantage over their competition, particularly teams from warmer areas like Miami and San Diego. They should make them dig up Lambeau and move it. :P

Too funny.

It's called home field advantage for a reason. Twit.

lex
10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
What a joke. The snow in the tuck rule game. Also, the playoff game where they beat Indy 22-3 in the snow. I kind of doubt any pats fan was lobbying to have new england build an indoor stadium to better accommodate the Colts when they played at new england. What a clown.

Dudeskey
10-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Choo Chooo... The excuse train has arrived...™

Natedog24
10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Yuck ESPN boards....

Clockwork Orange
10-11-2009, 09:08 PM
What I thought was funny was Pats fans whining about the OT format over on Patriots Planet and SOSH.

This was the first OT game Brady has ever lost, yet all of a sudden the OT format is a problem. Riiiiiiight.

Los Broncos
10-11-2009, 09:57 PM
What a clown how about you go **** yourself.

BroncoMan4ever
10-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Can't you get them kicked out for obsessive vulgarity?

IMO you can scream, stand up, even get away with 1 or 2 fbombs. I mean I overlook that because it is a passionate game. But if it becomes 5-10 really loud ones I think the way to teach kids is to throw them out.

That way they see there is a repercussion to being vulgar.

One really I prefer to watch at home, instead of around rival fans, is because I am such a sore loser, and a gloating winner. Its a personality flaw I like to keep to myself.

i understand what many are saying about the vulgarity and getting people kicked out of the stadium, but doing that just adds to the making the stadium more wine and cheese and less fun.

i have on multiple occasions had ushers or whatever they are called in the stadium come to myself and friends for being too loud and distracting to the other fans, no vulgarity we were just being too loud. it is Mile High Stadium, a place where the fans used to make the stadium pound like thunder and roar from the opening kickoff until the clock read 0:00, and i paid almost 100 bucks for my seat; if i want to holler and have a great time cheering on my team i should be able to. people complaining about fans having a good time is bull****, and i am even against it in the case of a fan of the team we are facing being told to quiet down or get out.

everyone is there to have a good time, and some of these white collar fans that are taking over the stadium are destroying the fun of Denver Broncos football at the stadium.

BABronco
10-11-2009, 11:32 PM
i understand what many are saying about the vulgarity and getting people kicked out of the stadium, but doing that just adds to the making the stadium more wine and cheese and less fun.

i have on multiple occasions had ushers or whatever they are called in the stadium come to myself and friends for being too loud and distracting to the other fans, no vulgarity we were just being too loud. it is Mile High Stadium, a place where the fans used to make the stadium pound like thunder and roar from the opening kickoff until the clock read 0:00, and i paid almost 100 bucks for my seat; if i want to holler and have a great time cheering on my team i should be able to. people complaining about fans having a good time is bull****, and i am even against it in the case of a fan of the team we are facing being told to quiet down or get out.

everyone is there to have a good time, and some of these white collar fans that are taking over the stadium are destroying the fun of Denver Broncos football at the stadium.
:thumbsup:

BroncoDoug
10-11-2009, 11:37 PM

this.

every game I go to a game, there is a older couple that sits behind me, and she is always tapping me on my back saying she can't see through me... I told her to get better seats then...

Crushisback
10-11-2009, 11:39 PM
i guess not tarping the field during an Ice storm prior to playing the Colts for AFC championship is fair????

cutthemdown
10-11-2009, 11:42 PM
this.

every game I go to there is a older couple that sits behind me, and she is always tapping me on my back saying she can't see through me... I told her to get better seats then...

They cant kick you out for standing up. They can't kick you out for cheering and yelling.

If they do that would be the weakest crap ever.

Miss I.
10-12-2009, 12:45 AM
my favorite response to the guy whining was this:

"Oh my goodness...Yes Briz let them do that and then maybe they can force players to have a tea party at the 50 yard line every 3rd down.

No your complaining over nothing"

Is NE playing Tampa over in England this month? I wonder if they will complain that Old England throws off New England's ability to play? Like the big bright shiny stadium distracts the players? Or they get confused by Wembley and went to O2 instead. ;D

Actually they probably will complain about it being on a soccer field which is a bit different than an American Football Field. That seems likely. Still I want to go to the game. even if the tickets are like almost $200 for cheap seats.

ZONA
10-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Uh, maybe that fan suggest we do something like this to our field. What a dolt.

http://www.caboose.org.uk/media/SAm/full/kh10-7_w.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
10-12-2009, 12:55 AM
this.

every game I go to a game, there is a older couple that sits behind me, and she is always tapping me on my back saying she can't see through me... I told her to get better seats then...

i keep trying to get tickets in the south stands. it's the only place in the stadium where the fans can have a good time with other like minded fans.

three times my friends and i have had to deal with an usher giving us a hard time because a few people watching the game in the vicinity of where we are complained we were to loud and rowdy.

i have gotten into arguments with supposed fans like that, and am always wondering why would you bother to go to the stadium if you are just going to sit and be quiet at a game, if you are going to do that save your money and watch at home.

it isn't like going to the movies, Mile High stadium is not a library or church, it used to be known as the loudest stadium in the league, the hardest place for an opponent to have to play, and if my friends and i are at the game we are going to do all we can to live up to that standard of what Mile High Stadium used to be.

BroncoDoug
10-12-2009, 12:56 AM
i keep trying to get tickets in the south stands. it's the only place in the stadium where the fans can have a good time with other like minded fans.

three times my friends and i have had to deal with an usher giving us a hard time because a few people watching the game in the vicinity of where we are complained we were to loud and rowdy.

i have gotten into arguments with supposed fans like that, and am always wondering why would you bother to go to the stadium if you are just going to sit and be quiet at a game, if you are going to do that save your money and watch at home.

it isn't like going to the movies, Mile High stadium is not a library or church, it used to be known as the loudest stadium in the league, the hardest place for an opponent to have to play, and if my friends and i are at the game we are going to do all we can to live up to that standard of what Mile High Stadium used to be.

yeah, my other set of tickets is 10th row in the South Stands. I miss those seats, always a fun time, I would get yelled at for NOT standing up sometimes!

BroncoMan4ever
10-12-2009, 12:57 AM
They cant kick you out for standing up. They can't kick you out for cheering and yelling.

If they do that would be the weakest crap ever.

they haven't kicked me and my friends out, but on a few occasions we have been told we need to quiet down so the rest of the so called fans in the section could enjoy the game or that we may be asked to leave if we don't quiet down

BroncoMan4ever
10-12-2009, 01:01 AM
yeah, my other set of tickets is 10th row in the South Stands. I miss those seats, always a fun time, I would get yelled at for NOT standing up sometimes!

that's what i love about those seats. the fans there all just have a great time and if you're loud the rest of them get louder, the only time you are ctiticized there is when you're the relaxed fan.

DBroncos4life
10-14-2009, 06:20 PM
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=5619682

DenverBrit
10-14-2009, 06:29 PM

Damn, they're funny when they lose. Ha!

Broncojef
10-14-2009, 06:34 PM
they haven't kicked me and my friends out, but on a few occasions we have been told we need to quiet down so the rest of the so called fans in the section could enjoy the game or that we may be asked to leave if we don't quiet down

I gave my overpriced club seats up this year because of that very fact. Don't need to drop $7K a year to be told to settle down and drink less.

SJ Bronco
10-14-2009, 06:35 PM
i didn't watch much of the game when the pats played at denver but after reading some of the threads i wanted to add my 2 cents.

If athletes train at higher levels like in denver and they live there and play there often then their body is going to create more epo, erythropoieten. So, all of the denver players are most likely going to have more epo than the other players around the league. Epo is pretty much a blood protein that is responsible for carrying oxygen. A lot of athletes, especially triathletes, take epo and a lot of athletes like to train at higher levels so their body will intrinsically make more epo.

If someone had more epo than an average healthy person, then their body isn't going to get as tired often. Their body will recover faster and most likely be able to sprint longer, maybe harder. Thing of everything that goes wrong in the body when you are tired or winded and struggling for breath and then just imagaine all of that happening less and occruing not as often and not as soon as someone with normal levels of epo.

Now, epo is an illegal supplement to take in the nfl and pretty much all professional sports. Its not allowed in cycling or in the olympics. But what a lof of athletes, like olympians, do is spend their time training somewhere like denver or in the swiss alps for example. So, when they go to normal levels or normal sea levels they will almost always perform better than someone who trained at normal sea levels.

So, if two athletes of the exact same talent ran a 1 mile race and one athlete trained in miami while the other trained in denver, and they competed in say st. Louis, the denver athlete would win the majority of the time because his epo levels would be higher and he would literally have more oxygen in his body and have a greater potential to carry oxygen in his blood

lol!

Killericon
10-14-2009, 06:42 PM
This is ****ing hilarious.

"The Denver Broncos have the unfair advantage of being from Denver!"

DBroncos4life
10-14-2009, 06:44 PM
lol!

I always wondered why the Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, CU had so many championships. Its so clear now its because of the training in thin air.

theAPAOps5
10-14-2009, 06:55 PM

classless

Had the same where I sat. I didn't have my kid there but others around me did. They do have a snitchers line for future instances if you run into this. They are very quick to address issues reported, by the way we jokingly call it the snitch line, but it works well.

Not sure if you were aware of it as it was something new last year. I sometimes get caught up in the moment and drop an F bomb but a constant dialogue of them is not cool.

cutthemdown
10-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Had the same where I sat. I didn't have my kid there but others around me did. They do have a snitchers line for future instances if you run into this. They are very quick to address issues reported, by the way we jokingly call it the snitch line, but it works well.

Not sure if you were aware of it as it was something new last year. I sometimes get caught up in the moment and drop an F bomb but a constant dialogue of them is not cool.

I usually just tell people to knock out the language or there is going to be a problem. When your 6-5 285 that works well. If you have kids though then that not an option really. So I would use the snitch line, then walk over and tell the people I was the one who called.

Irish Stout
10-14-2009, 07:18 PM
At the bills game last year I had a bills fan in front of me who kept flipping off my wife and I the whole game. I didn't cuss at him I didn't do anything to him I cheered when we were doing good and booed when they were doing good. I asked him to stop flipping us off. The guy then started cussing us out. I sent a text to the snitch number and never had anyone show up. Eventually I lost it and pulled the glove off his hand (easy to do when its nothing but middle finger) and told him I wouldn't give it back unless he stopped.

Looking back I should have just ignored him. I could have gotten in a lot more trouble for my actions than his... but he was in an opposing team's stadium and it just started to burn me out.

Circle Orange
10-14-2009, 07:19 PM

If someone cusses too much, just turn around fast and reach into your jacket. Hold your hand there and give evil eye contact. It's thuggy, but it works. :approve:

theAPAOps5
10-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Rastaman is an e-thug we should ask his advice because behind the curtain he is one tough SOB.

So come on Rastaman educate us you are a big old tough guy.

DBroncos4life
10-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Rastaman is an e-thug we should ask his advice because behind the curtain he is one tough SOB.

I think Rastaman fighting his way out of wet paper bag would be the highest grossing fight of all-time.

theAPAOps5
10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
I think Rastaman fighting his way out of wet paper bag would be the highest grossing fight of all-time.

Yeah people would pay to see the paper bag win! :spit:

ZONA
10-14-2009, 07:31 PM
I always wondered why the Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, CU had so many championships. Its so clear now its because of the training in thin air.

That's like the funniest thing you have ever said. How of a sudden did you get so clever?

LOL

;D

DBroncos4life
10-14-2009, 07:38 PM
That's like the funniest thing you have ever said. How of a sudden did you get so clever?

LOL

;D

I stopped eating pant chips, and we moved from away from the nuclear power plant. ;D

ZONA
10-14-2009, 07:46 PM

Maybe our wise a$$ Doctor Broncostein can help straighten those two out in regards to the differences on EPO.

iDENVER
10-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Maybe our wise a$$ Doctor Broncostein can help straighten those two out in regards to the differences on EPO.

haha i read that whole thing a few seconds ago... they have a contest to see who sounds smarterHilarious!

rastaman
10-14-2009, 07:58 PM

You are beyond educating. Knuckle Dragging Neanderthal's like you and your ilk weren't meant to educated. Darwin had you pegged.ROFL!

rastaman
10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah people would pay to see the paper bag win! :spit:

My o My you're violent little coward aren't you. You probably never have played well with others and were the kid who played by themselves at recess. I bet you were a little bedwetting snitch as well.;D

snowspot66
10-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Uh, maybe that fan suggest we do something like this to our field. What a dolt.

http://www.caboose.org.uk/media/SAm/full/kh10-7_w.jpg

Dude we should. We could fit 200,000 people! The bowl would hold all of the sound. It would be epic! I can dream.

misturanderson
10-14-2009, 08:22 PM

I can absolutely assure you that the first one to bring up EPO is totally wrong and if he is in fact a medical professional, I hope he is never in charge of my care.

He sounded like he knows about as much about human physiology as this guy (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85604) knows about football.