PDA

View Full Version : Good Job on the Legacy Game

Garcia Bronco
10-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Big props to the folks that put this on today. They played music from the 60's. Decked out the cheerleaders in 60's/50's outfits. All the staff had the Soxes on. They passed out 50th Ani tees in the traditional colors with the number 60 on it. Had the players break banners when the team and the defense came out on the field. Three B-52 Bombers did a fly over. And the Patriots all had sad faces.

Just a heck of a production. Good job to everybody.

Edit:

Congrats to the Hokies and Broncos for making the 'Boston BeatDown Weekend' a reality :)

Double Edit:

Sorry Beantown. I mean...I don't make the schedule. :)

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Three B-52 Bombers did a fly over.

That is awesome! I wish I'd been there.

Garcia Bronco
10-11-2009, 07:10 PM
That is awesome! I wish I'd been there.

It was nuts to see those quad engines. Another note was that they also did the in house monitiors in a 1960's TV skin. It was also in black and white. Just awesome.

jhat01
10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Big props to the folks that put this on today. They played music from the 60's. Decked out the cheerleaders in 60's/50's outfits. All the staff had the Soxes on. They passed out 50th Ani tees in the traditional colors with the number 60 on it. Had the players break banners when the team and the defense came out on the field. Three B-52 Bombers did a fly over. And the Patriots all had sad faces.

Edit:

Congrats to the Hokies and Broncos for making the 'Boston BeatDown Weekend' a reality :)

hey hey hey don't forget about the Angels.

Garcia Bronco
10-11-2009, 08:06 PM
hey hey hey don't forget about the Angels.

Not a good weekend for the sports loving chowder crowd.

Another funny thing to mention is at the end of halftime they played that Neil Diamond tune the Bostonians seem to like.

spdirty
10-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Man I debated whether I wanted to go to church this morning and miss 20 minutes of redzone channel, and decided to go to church this morning. Then after church, got an offer from one of our members whose had season tix since '82 if Id like to go with him and I decided to go.

Now Ive gone to over 100 games and am use to the east side, section 532 row 20 and Im fine with that.

These seats were 10 rows up on the first level at the 37 yard line behind the Broncos bench. I could see the DLine coach chewing ass in the first quarter. Dawkins pumpin himself up like an insane caged tiger (or wolverine). And then the extreme drama of the whole game with the Broncos winning. Right by McDaniels as he was pumping his fists and jumping on Peterson. Just a freaking amazing experience. Best $110 Ive spent in quite a while.

Man-Goblin
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
How did they honor the team at half time? Was everyone there?

hades
10-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Did anyone get the flyover on video? I love the flyovers before kickoff!

Garcia Bronco
10-11-2009, 08:28 PM

That was awesome as well. Some weren't there. Boss Bailey accepted for his brother. Elway wasn't there. And the place got real loud for Little and Randy.

spdirty
10-11-2009, 08:30 PM

The CSU band played for us.

Garcia Bronco
10-12-2009, 08:34 AM
bump for those that missed the game

Beantown Bronco
10-12-2009, 08:42 AM
That was awesome as well. Some weren't there. Boss Bailey accepted for his brother. Elway wasn't there. And the place got real loud for Little and Randy.

I heard that Boss injured himself on his way up to accept the award.

Broncoman13
10-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Those were C-130s not BUFFs... According to the news. Also a bit of bad news ... Ryan Clady got beat for the sack late in the 4th Quarter.

orangeatheist
10-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Three B-52 Bombers did a fly over.

Those things were buzzing over my house, circling the area, about a half-hour before the game. Kids and I had a great time sitting out on the deck watching them. Man, those things were flying low! Was awesome!

Garcia Bronco
10-12-2009, 08:59 AM
So I was wrong on the bombers. Those were in fact c-130s. Doh!

Hogan11
10-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Not a good weekend for the sports loving chowder crowd.

Another funny thing to mention is at the end of halftime they played that Neil Diamond tune the Bostonians seem to like.

What is that? Sweet Caroline? I always hated Neil Diamond anyways

Garcia Bronco
10-12-2009, 09:01 AM
What is that? Sweet Caroline? I always hated Neil Diamond anyways

Yeah...that one.

Hogan11
10-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Yeah...that one.

Ah, a good time to go take a leak

CEH
10-12-2009, 09:03 AM

Edit:

Double Edit:

Sorry Beantown. I mean...I don't make the schedule. :)

Also had the Jumbotron as a 50's Black and White televison set half the time
I thought that was cool as well

Garcia Bronco
10-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Also had the Jumbotron as a 50's Black and White televison set half the time
I thought that was cool as well

It was really cool. It reminded me of being alive in the 70's. The only thing missing was shag carpet.