PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary Team -- What did they do at half-time?

The Moops
10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Anyone go to the game?

I heard they celebrated the 50th Anniversary team at half-time . . . what did they do, announce them all and bring them on the field?

theAPAOps5
10-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Yes they had all of them who came come out. People who have been season ticket holders since the 60's gave out the 50 year commemorative plaques. Was pretty cool, some great Broncos were there!

Best part, Boss Bailey accepted the award in place of Champ!

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Anybody got a link to the 50th Anniversary Team Roster?

The Moops
10-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Should be on the Broncos web site . . .

DivineBronco
10-12-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/newsarchive/20930989/detail.html

Cito Pelon
10-12-2009, 03:59 PM
All the ESPN crew clapped for Tom Jackson. I thought that was classy.

Rigs11
10-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Moses, Atwater, Elway, Mecklenburg,Stinky and many more were there. I'll post some pics soon.

The Moops
10-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Sounds like it was a low-key event. Were they wearing their throwback jerseys? Did they announce each player individually? I heard some of them, like Elway, didn't even walk out on the field . . . true?!?

With all the build up, I thought it was going to be a much bigger event.

bronclvr
10-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Sounds like it was a low-key event. Were they wearing their throwback jerseys? Did they announce each player individually? I heard some of them, like Elway, didn't even walk out on the field . . . true?!?

With all the build up, I thought it was going to be a much bigger event.

They didn't wear Jerseys (that I could see anyway), and they did announce each Player (whether they were there or not). Elway was not there-it was good to see Little, Mecklenberg, Atwater and all-Ed Mccaffrey was on a crutch (I wonder why?). With everything you hear about Players injuries and aging, I was surprised to see that not one (other than Mccaffrey) was limping or appeared to be disabled in any way-

The Moops
10-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Except for Little, offensively anyway, most of those players picked for the 50th Anniversary team were from the 1997-98 Super Bowl team. I think Floyd and Keith Bishop were the exceptions. They are still young. Floyd has kept himself in amazing shape. Remember him playing in the flag football game a few years ago? He was 60 then . . .

The hobbling and injuries show up for many when they turn 60, still relatively young for this day and age. Maybe some of the older defensive players on the 50th anniversary team, like Rich Jackson, were slow footed?

I can't believe they weren't given jerseys to wear or were announced individually. Usually the Broncos organization is better than that!