PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen Appreciation Thread

Merlin
10-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I hated his firing of Shanny, I thought he needed one more yr. I hated even more his decision on McD (loved him as an OC, much better than Bates, but HATED Belicheat's coaching tree). Well, Bowlen has proven once again he is a pretty good judge of coaches. Despite his limitations, I thought Reeves had been a good coach for the Broncos, he gave us many yrs of joy. I won't mention the coach that followed because that was not Bowlen's first choice. Then Shanny brought us to the promised land. And now he found one of the best young minds in the business. Great job! Drink as much scotch as needed!

Bronco Boy
10-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I need to buy a bottle of scotch to celebrate wins like this. Thanks Pat.

lazarus4444
10-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Yes, thank you, our own beloved "gutless drunk (thanks Taco!)"

Man-Goblin
10-11-2009, 05:50 PM
He knows he needs another ring to crown his legacy and get into the hall of fame. And he basically threw all his chips on the table and went all in with McDaniels and the all of the moves made since the hiring. Looks great, so far.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-11-2009, 05:58 PM
He knows he needs another ring to crown his legacy and get into the hall of fame. And he basically threw all his chips on the table and went all in with McDaniels and the all of the moves made since the hiring. Looks great, so far.

You gotta hand it to Bowlen for having guts and trusting his judgment despite the condemnation he knew would rain down. Lots of places won't fire the hero coach who is no longer effective. Look at FSU and Bobby Bowden. Look at the Atlanta Braves and Bobby Cox.

R8R H8R
10-11-2009, 06:30 PM
What is amazing is that he and Ellis have said that they were pretty much sold on McD after the very first meeting with him; he was their guy.

I wanted Spags at the time, who is the Rams coach now(0-5, ouch!), because he is a defensive guy.

Bowlen gets big-time credit for this hire for getting past all the cliche's--he's too young, he's an offensive coach, he's another Belichick failure to be, etc., etc. And he just got the best candidate period.

Props to Bowlen!

Bronx33
10-11-2009, 06:34 PM
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/250/makersmarkwhiskybourbon.jpg

NYBronco
10-11-2009, 06:36 PM
What is amazing is that he and Ellis have said that they were pretty much sold on McD after the very first meeting with him; he was their guy.

I wanted Spags, who is the Rams coach now(0-5, ouch!), because he is a defensive guy.

Bowlen gets big-time credit for this hire for getting past all the cliche's--he's too young, he's an offensive coach, he's another Belichick failure to be, etc., etc. And he just got the best candidate period.

Props to Bowlen!

No doubt... gutless drunk seems to know more then the general fanbase. Doesn't say much for the general fanbase.

Broncomutt
10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Hopefully somebody will start another "mane joke" about Bowlen that doesn't involve "Gutless Drunk" and has a positive spin to it.

For some reason I think the Bronco organization would agree.

But I do think Taco's rage may have been irrepairable. This is the internets1111111111111111!!!!!!!!

FWIW, One fan says' "Thank you, sir"

RhymesayersDU
10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
He's still a drunk. But he's like Peter Griffin when he gained magical piano playing abilities after getting tanked. Bowlen gets drunk and makes good football decisions.

Popps
10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Bowlen appreciation thread already exists... from before we needed wins to know that we had the best owner in football.

Merlin
10-11-2009, 07:03 PM
from before we needed wins to know that we had the best owner in football.
Yes, but there was some concern that he had become a gutless drunk ;D

DenverBrit
10-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Yes, but there was some concern that he had become a gutless drunk ;D

Yeah, but it was just the Drama Queens! :~ohyah!: