PDA

View Full Version : Teams don't get any money from ticket sales for playoff games? WTF? Really?

PaintballCLE
10-11-2009, 05:44 AM
is this right?

"Making the playoffs boosts fan morale and team profits. Even though the NFL pockets all ticket revenue for playoff games, teams get to keep the profits from parking, concessions and sponsorships. That can mean about $2 million in net profits per home playoff game, plus higher ticket and sponsorship prices the following year."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-forbesskeds100809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Tailgater
10-11-2009, 06:15 AM
In the playoffs, all ticket revenue is split evenly among the 32 teams. In the regular season, ticket revenue is split between the two teams playing each other.

PaintballCLE
10-11-2009, 06:22 AM
ok thats kinda what i thought, but they said they dont get any of the revenue, and i didnt think that was right.

cutthemdown
10-11-2009, 12:21 PM
You just hit one of the reasons the Owners are about to fight overr revenue sharing. Big owners like Jerry Jones, Robert Kraft, Pat Bowlen don't feel some of the small markets do enough to try and win and fill stadium. They feel they like a low bottom line, then feast off revenue sharing.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-11-2009, 12:35 PM
You just hit one of the reasons the Owners are about to fight overr revenue sharing. Big owners like Jerry Jones, Robert Kraft, Pat Bowlen don't feel some of the small markets do enough to try and win and fill stadium. They feel they like a low bottom line, then feast off revenue sharing.

True. But I think the parity that comes from revenue sharing makes for a better on-the-field product. Look at baseball, where 65% of the teams start the season with no realistic chance of making it to postseason.

Bronx33
10-11-2009, 12:52 PM
In the playoffs, all ticket revenue is split evenly among the 32 teams. In the regular season, ticket revenue is split between the two teams playing each other.

So when the raiders play a regular season away game they are stealing:P