PDA

View Full Version : Doom on PTI...right now!

Jerry Curl
10-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Watch.

Baba Booey
10-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Watching.

Baba Booey
10-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Only caught the last minute or so...what did he say before the Brady talk?

maher_tyler
10-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Only caught the last minute or so...what did he say before the Brady talk?

Basically how much Nolan has helped with himself and the rest of the D. Very positive and i loved all the answers he had. We better lock this guy up long term ASAP!!!

DBruleU
10-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Tulo was on Rome earlier too. Good day for Denver sports on national sports shows.

Garcia Bronco
10-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Basically how much Nolan has helped with himself and the rest of the D. Very positive and i loved all the answers he had. We better lock this guy up long term ASAP!!!

We will. But not this year. We can tender him and keep him.

Garcia Bronco
10-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Tulo was on Rome earlier too. Good day for Denver sports on national sports shows.

Thiank about it. A basketball team that performs. A baseball team that can perform. And a football that is performing.

Jerry Curl
10-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Word, saw Tulo on Rome and then saw the Broncos in the spot where it's usually good five minutes and was surprised when they showed, in-between commercials, Doom. Awesome.

El Guapo
10-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Word, saw Tulo on Rome and then saw the Broncos in the spot where it's usually good five minutes and was surprised when they showed, in-between commercials, Doom. Awesome.

Yup, I caught everything too. Good stuff today! Go Broncos!

UberBroncoMan
10-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Thiank about it. A basketball team that performs. A baseball team that can perform. And a football that is performing.

Don't forget our hockey team... they should be 3-0 right now :(!

Peoples Champ
10-09-2009, 04:28 PM

Ya, is this the first time Denver has had 3 playoff worthy teams?

It seems like in the 90s when Broncos/Avs were good Nugs and Rockies stunk. Then 2007 when the nuggs/rockies were good, the broncos and Avs stunk

maher_tyler
10-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Ya, is this the first time Denver has had 3 playoff worthy teams?

It seems like in the 90s when Broncos/Avs were good Nugs and Rockies stunk. Then 2007 when the nuggs/rockies were good, the broncos and Avs stunk

the 06-07 Avs season they were like 2 points out of the final playoff spot and in the 07-08 season they made the playoffs! :approve:

Peoples Champ
10-09-2009, 05:14 PM
the 06-07 Avs season they were like 2 points out of the final playoff spot and in the 07-08 season they made the playoffs! :approve:

good call , but the Broncos missed the playoffs, and thats our team that supposed to Rock

goldengopher1976
10-09-2009, 05:38 PM
So...did anyone actually hear the whole interview so they can give us a summary?

maher_tyler
10-09-2009, 05:47 PM
So...did anyone actually hear the whole interview so they can give us a summary?

Gave Nolan a lot of props for the D's success and his personal success this season. They asked if he'll basically tone it back because of the roughing the passer rule and because it's Brady, he said no and that he'll give it his all. Said he's been fined before but rules are rules. Asked him about the Marshall situation and said that BM had a lot going on and is glad he is on board with the team! Really good interview!!

Hogan11
10-09-2009, 06:17 PM
The big news here is that Kornheiser actually got Brady's nuts out of his mouth long enough to conduct the interview

frerottenextelway
10-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I wonder if teams will go after Nolan for HC next year...

Hogan11
10-09-2009, 06:44 PM

Doubt it...he's destined to be one of those "great coordinator/lousy HC" guys

baja
10-09-2009, 06:57 PM

Young coordinators will be all the rage for HC going forward.

Nolan = too old

Killericon
10-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Doubt it...he's destined to be one of those "great coordinator/lousy HC" guys

That hasn't stopped those types of coaches from being hired before.

maher_tyler
10-09-2009, 06:59 PM

He didn't do so well in San Fran!

frerottenextelway
10-09-2009, 07:02 PM
He didn't do so well in San Fran!

I agree with the previous posters that said p'bly not, but I don't think that alone would stop teams from taking a look. Many coaches get second chances if they redeem themselves as co-ordinators afterwards.

Of course, there's also the chance that Nolan might not be interested anyways. He has a good paying job doing what he does best without the stress of a HC position.

Hogan11
10-09-2009, 07:14 PM
That hasn't stopped those types of coaches from being hired before.

True, but it'll take more than one season in Denver for that to happen methinks, the memory of his SF debacle is still too fresh.

Drek
10-09-2009, 07:59 PM
True, but it'll take more than one season in Denver for that to happen methinks, the memory of his SF debacle is still too fresh.

Especially with how much of a turnaround Singletary has performed there. Its going to be regarded as Nolan lacking the HC skills to get those guys to play for him.

His tenure with the Broncos previously as the LB coach under Reeves shouldn't be understated either. It was six seasons, the longest single stop he's had yet in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if coming back to Denver long term was something he was keen on, and if he up and left for a different HC job just a couple years after helping us right the ship there is a good chance that job wouldn't be open should he fail as a HC again.

maher_tyler
10-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Especially with how much of a turnaround Singletary has performed there. Its going to be regarded as Nolan lacking the HC skills to get those guys to play for him.

His tenure with the Broncos previously as the LB coach under Reeves shouldn't be understated either. It was six seasons, the longest single stop he's had yet in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if coming back to Denver long term was something he was keen on, and if he up and left for a different HC job just a couple years after helping us right the ship there is a good chance that job wouldn't be open should he fail as a HC again.

Exactly what i was thinking!!