View Full Version : NFLN's Top 10 Gutsiest Performances

Sassy
10-09-2009, 11:26 AM
#7 Terrell Davis in SB 32
I miss TD!
What a run he had!

orangeatheist
10-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Did they list Griese against the Raiders? You know...the one where Brian came off with what looked like a blood-bib?

Garcia Bronco
10-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Unless Brian Griese is on there it's not a complete list. He beat the Raiders with a 3rd degree sep shoulder.

Garcia Bronco
10-09-2009, 11:30 AM
did they list griese against the raiders? You know...the one where brian came off with what looked like a blood-bib?

rep!!!

BroncoBuff
10-09-2009, 11:49 AM
It's not NFL, but I was never quite sure if Byron Leftwich's "gutsy" performance in college at Marshall - where his teammates carried up the field after each play - whether that was gutsy or drama queen ???

Peoples Champ
10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I loved that, I have watched that on the SB video many times. "i cant see coach, I cant see" ...........shanny says "well dont worry about seeing on this play because we are just going to fake it to you, and if youre not in there they wont believe it"

Paladin
10-09-2009, 11:59 AM
It's not NFL, but I was never quite sure if Byron Leftwich's "gutsy" performance in college at Marshall - where his teammates carried up the field after each play - whether that was gutsy or drama queen ???

I remember a Sandy Eggo QB name of Harris being carried by team mates to the next play. I think he hurt a knee. That was the game that a Denver LB name of Ray separated his shoulder spiking the ball.....

Peoples Champ
10-09-2009, 12:31 PM
what was #1?

Flex Gunmetal
10-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Prolly Jack Youngblood's broken leg.

Sassy
10-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Yep....

Rohirrim
10-09-2009, 01:11 PM
#7 Terrell Davis in SB 32
I miss TD!
What a run he had!

Yep. I watched a film on SBXXXII last weekend. TD is narrating parts of it. Very cool. Just such a classy guy. Still my all time favorite Bronco. Funny how I mixed things up over time. I thought John's famous "helicopter" happened near the end of the game. It happened in the third quarter. And I had forgotten that triple knock out hit of Atwater's. Still get choked up at the end of that one. One of the most unforgettable nights of my life to go out into the street howling with all the Broncos fans. :)

Pony Boy
10-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I loved that, I have watched that on the SB video many times. "i cant see coach, I cant see" ...........shanny says "well dont worry about seeing on this play because we are just going to fake it to you, and if youre not in there they wont believe it"

Just try to imagine hitting the hole full blast with your eyes closed........

bpc
10-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Don't be throwing TD any praise from the Shanny years or you'll get the whole McDaniels contingent coming after that ass.

BroncoBuff
10-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Don't be throwing TD any praise from the Shanny years or you'll get the whole McDaniels contingent coming after that ass.

:spit:

Que
10-09-2009, 02:57 PM

Who is this "Shannahan" person you speak of? Sounds fascinating. I must learn more....

Garcia Bronco
10-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Yep. I watched a film on SBXXXII last weekend. TD is narrating parts of it. Very cool. Just such a classy guy. Still my all time favorite Bronco. Funny how I mixed things up over time. I thought John's famous "helicopter" happened near the end of the game. It happened in the third quarter. And I had forgotten that triple knock out hit of Atwater's. Still get choked up at the end of that one. One of the most unforgettable nights of my life to go out into the street howling with all the Broncos fans. :)

I get that way too. Atwater was coming for death and took himself and hillard out. Plus the receiver was knocked out as well. That gets glossed over so often in recounts of the day.

2KBack
10-09-2009, 03:05 PM

ummm that's bull****

listopencil
10-09-2009, 04:21 PM
What was that Shanny quote? Something like, "We're up by 7 in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl, and I just lost my starting Corner and Safety? Great."

Mogulseeker
10-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Did they list Griese against the Raiders? You know...the one where Brian came off with what looked like a blood-bib?

Beat me to it... I though for sure this thread was about Griese and his separated shoulder against the Raiders.

Sassy
10-09-2009, 04:40 PM
They had RIVERS playing with an acl and Favre against the Fade.

BroncoMan4ever
10-09-2009, 04:53 PM

never liked the guy, but he some major balls in that game.

BroncoInferno
10-09-2009, 05:11 PM
A gutsy performance that seems to have been forgotten in Broncos lore was Olandis Gary playing the entire second half of the 2000 opener against the Super Bowl champion Rams with a torn ACL. And played well, too. Maybe because we lost the game, but it still deserves a mention.

frerottenextelway
10-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Just try to imagine hitting the hole full blast with your eyes closed........

I think most of us would have our eyes closed.. :thumbsup:

BroncoBuff
10-09-2009, 05:42 PM
ummm that's bull****

I thought it was kinda on the mark ... a tad sarcastic maybe, but a point well taken nonetheless.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but my favorite part of Super Bowl XXXII was McCaffrey's crushing downfield block on Brian Williams after Elway's pass to Howard Griffith on the last Bronco drive, where Ed points at Williams lying on the field. That was AWESOME.

BroncoMan4ever
10-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but my favorite part of Super Bowl XXXII was McCaffrey's crushing downfield block on Brian Williams after Elway's pass to Howard Griffith on the last Bronco drive, where Ed points at Williams lying on the field. That was AWESOME.

awesome and surprising we didn't get a taunting penalty

bronco0608
10-09-2009, 07:49 PM

Sounds like your ass is sore. Go cry yourself to sleep in your Cutler jersey.

(Thinking out loud: When will these fools understand they have no control over what happens with their team and might as well enjoy the ride instead of bitching and moaning the whole way through? Why even be a fan?)