Old Dude
10-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Wow. Unanimous.

Garcia Bronco
10-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Nice!!!!

TailgateNut
10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Gotta love it. None of these experts' records come close to my "pick'em" score.

Experts, my ass

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Ha. Love it.

Flex Gunmetal
10-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Theisman is the only talking head I've heard pick the broncos. If we win I hope we stay under the radar.

chrisp
10-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm really glad none of the 'experts' are giving us a chance here. Frankly, at this stage, our biggest enemy is overconfidence. I mean I'm sure they team doesn't read this stuff anyway but I don't like the vibes when everyone's picking us to win..

Last year, even the haters conceded that we were unlikely not to win one with three to go.....that collapse still hurts....

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-09-2009, 10:48 AM
wow none of em think denver is for reals. well i hope they be proven wrong monday denver is in MILE HIGH the defense is no 1 ,we pwned the pats every year xcept last year, and yet they think the pats are better. oh pats 9999999999 den-0 we are not allowed to touch tom or even look at him mean

BroncoMan4ever
10-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Theisman is the only talking head I've heard pick the broncos. If we win I hope we stay under the radar.

we will, the excuse will be that Brady is still not all the way back to form and the offense isn't clicking yet, or that we got away with cheap shots on him because refs were afraid to throw the flag this week.

regardless of if we win, it is still going to be downplayed, and everyone will continue to swing from Brady's nuts.

Dukes
10-09-2009, 10:51 AM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/061121/061121_simpsons_vmed.widec.jpg

wolf754life
10-09-2009, 10:53 AM
respect is earned.............oh nevermind

TonyR
10-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Simmons picked the Broncos to cover.

BRONCOS (+3.5) over Patriots
Man, I hate going against old assistant coaches who know every single bad thing about every guy on their old roster. Think of it this way: Let's say you date a girl for two years. You break up. A few weeks later, if you knew someone who was going on a date with her, couldn't you tell that person every single thing good and bad about her? And if you wanted to mentally destroy her, couldn't you prepare the new guy to hone in on her nine weakest spots over that three hours? Stuff like, "When she mentions her golden retriever, tell her that your aunt used to breed goldens for a living and it's the most inbred dog. She's really sensitive about that." You could break her down pretty easily, right? Well ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnflpicks/091009

Also, in his mailbag:

Q: Isn't Josh McDaniels basically Norman Dale? He took over a for a team whose previous coach was very popular. His best player immediately quits the team. Another player acts up in practice, so McDaniels throws him out but then lets him back in. The whole town wants the new coach gone before the season even begins. And then the town turns after the coach shows that defense and fundamentals can win games, even with a no-talent white guy running the offense.
--Neal D., New York

gtown
10-09-2009, 01:26 PM
When it comes to picks, I rely on the "wisdom of crowds." See the yahoo users vs. the so called experts: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem?w=5 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem?w=5)

I think NE gives us a giant wake up call with the passing game. Welker looks 100%, no Taylor to run the ball, and Brady looks to be returning to form.

There are no moral victories in the NFL, but I think if we lose to NE, we come back even stronger against Marmalard in SD the week after.

bap454
10-09-2009, 01:29 PM
the **** in Norman Dale??

Hogan11
10-09-2009, 01:29 PM
I haven't seen any so called expert take Denver in this game yet....so yeah, Denver will win by a touchdown :thumbs:

TonyR
10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
the **** in Norman Dale??

The Gene Hackman character in Hoosiers.

Endy
10-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I listened to Jeremy Green on the NFL Today podcast say that the Broncos "just aren't that good". Say what you want about who they've played, not that they can help it. Even if the Bengals are 3-1 and Dallas had the league's best running game. But the Broncos have given up 26 points in four games. 26! Look at the expanded standings to see the points fielded and points allowed. Nobody is even close to 26 points. The next best teams are tied at 53 points allowed.

26 points is 8.5 points per game. And the four teams that Denver has played have averaged over 21 points per game when they are not playing the Broncos. And that includes the Browns and Raiders.

So, while Orton may not be Elway, the Broncos have been flat out dominant on defense.

If I were a Pats fan I'd be worried because if the Broncos win on Sunday, their team is officially not going to "be any good" just like the Bengals and the Cowboys.

TonyR
10-09-2009, 04:39 PM
26 points is 8.5 points per game.

Sassy
10-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Dukes picked the Broncos as his upset special.

broncogary
10-09-2009, 05:04 PM

Yeah, I just saw that. What a surprise.

Paladin
10-09-2009, 05:17 PM

Even better.

The Talking Heads are gettting bummed out about how to deal with teams like Denver. Last year, Miami surprised the h3ll out of them, and the loss of Tommy Boy threw them for a loop. Keep in mind these guys are in the East Coast markets, and anything in or from Denver - the flyover zone - is foriegn unless it is covered in snow. It is amazing to me that they paid little actual attention to Quitler when he was in Denver, but now he is quite the big deal. About a month ago, ESPN had a poll in which 67% of the respondents did not believe the Rockies would make the playoffs. The Rockies had a five game lead at the time. That is the power of misguided sports "reporting" and the power of East Coast TV media. They don't care. They get ratings in the NE and they make money.

tsiguy96
10-09-2009, 05:21 PM
theres like 15 people on this forum with better pickem records than those guys.

ScottXray
10-09-2009, 05:33 PM
When it comes to picks, I rely on the "wisdom of crowds." See the yahoo users vs. the so called experts: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem?w=5 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem?w=5)

I think NE gives us a giant wake up call with the passing game. Welker looks 100%, no Taylor to run the ball, and Brady looks to be returning to form.

There are no moral victories in the NFL, but I think if we lose to NE, we come back even stronger against Marmalard in SD the week after.

Notice that of the teams predicted to lose by the GREAT MASSES we and Jax have the highest amount of picks in our favor. Us at 27% (NE@ 73%) and Jax at 28% (Seattle (yeah...Seattle) @72%.

Also keep in mind that the great masses read the MSM to get their info and mostly don't have a clue.

I think the lower mass percentages picking against us is a clue that the public is waking up to the fact that we have a good shot to outright win the game (Jax too), despite what the MSM says.

Anyway, we obviously have NO shot since all the EGGSPURTS are saying NE brings us down to earth.

Maybe theyr'e right....but if we get hits on Brady we may as well make em count. If he gets 15 yds, it should be PAID for.

Pontius Pirate
10-09-2009, 05:33 PM

I keep wondering who this Wes Welker guy is. Is he the guy on my FF bench who hasn't done **** all year?

Dedhed
10-09-2009, 06:04 PM
That's almost good enough to offset the SI curse!

Los Broncos
10-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I checked them yesterday, I will laugh forever if we win.

Rock Chalk
10-09-2009, 06:43 PM

Really? He just changed it then because I was watching and he picked the Patriots "reluctantly".

Sassy
10-09-2009, 06:45 PM
hMMMM...broncogary saw it too...at 6 on playbook

Rock Chalk
10-09-2009, 06:48 PM
hMMMM...broncogary saw it too...at 6 on playbook

What a flaker, on Total Access he picked the Pats.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-09-2009, 06:52 PM
The "experts" were unanimously against us on Week 1 and nearly unanimous last week. Screw them!

maher_tyler
10-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Notice that of the teams predicted to lose by the GREAT MASSES we and Jax have the highest amount of picks in our favor. Us at 27% (NE@ 73%) and Jax at 28% (Seattle (yeah...Seattle) @72%.

Also keep in mind that the great masses read the MSM to get their info and mostly don't have a clue.

I think the lower mass percentages picking against us is a clue that the public is waking up to the fact that we have a good shot to outright win the game (Jax too), despite what the MSM says.

Anyway, we obviously have NO shot since all the EGGSPURTS are saying NE brings us down to earth.

Maybe theyr'e right....but if we get hits on Brady we may as well make em count. If he gets 15 yds, it should be PAID for.

Matt Haselback is back form injury and will be playing, that team is night and day with him at QB...but that seems a bit high anyway!

Beantown Bronco
10-11-2009, 08:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

good. i'm glad.

Big time bump!

Bronx33
10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Allen Golic Hoge Jaworski Mortensen Schefter Schlereth Wickersham **** all of ya!!

they almost all picked jacksonville too ROFL!

Sassy
10-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Deion already picked the Broncos to beat the Chargers!

Orange4Life
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Hahaha all those stupid SOB's can piss off

cutthemdown
LOL upset special. Broncos ain't no upset baby. We don't get tested, we give a test. So far 5 teams have failed the test.

Up next the Chargers. The single biggest road game of the yr.

Monday night football.

It doesn't get any bigger then this when it comes to regular season. Broncos win this game and Chargers will be reeling.

Bronx33
Iam disapointed with stinky..

cutthemdown
10-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Deion already picked the Broncos to beat the Chargers!

are you serious or is this just a great joke.

He's not even going to wait for practice this week?

Beantown Bronco
10-11-2009, 08:39 PM

She's not joking. He mentioned it during the post game wrap up. Already said we win the division going away too.

Bronx33
10-11-2009, 08:41 PM
somebody tweet shefter and give him shyt...

Sassy
10-11-2009, 08:43 PM

nope

fdf
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
If I were a Pats fan I'd be worried because if the Broncos win on Sunday, their team is officially not going to "be any good" just like the Bengals and the Cowboys.

Nah. The Pats would have to go 0-16 for two seasons in a row before the sports experts started questioning them.

UberBroncoMan
10-11-2009, 08:59 PM

Cincinnati is a lot like us. They get zero respect either.

ZONA
10-12-2009, 01:36 AM

I watched that game today and man was that a fantastic game. Looking more and more like the most difficult part of our schedule was week 1......................hahahahahaha. This is too frickin killer man.

Doggcow
10-12-2009, 02:10 AM
Shefter is always good

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Broncos win this game and Chargers will be reeling.

Yep.

After our defense held Tom Brady and the Patriots scoreless for the entire second half today, I like our chances. :thumbsup:

BTW, I noticed some of those "experts" on BSPN proclaimed the Raiders the worst team in the NFL today.

What awesome day. ;D:thumbs:

atomicbloke
10-12-2009, 02:54 AM

What about them Bengals.... if not for a tipped pass, they would be 5-0 now....

OBF1
10-12-2009, 03:30 AM
So much for the experts, they are all full of shiat

gunns
10-12-2009, 05:35 AM

He just wants to be the first one to jump on the bandwagon so he can say he knew it all along.