PDA

View Full Version : richard quinn thus far

tsiguy96
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM
hows he been doing? ive heard his name on a few good blocks so far in the red zone, but we still arent getting a push on 3rd and 4th and short. is he in on those plays and doing well blocking, or still adjusting? i havent seen any replays sooo

tsiguy96
10-08-2009, 01:39 PM
someone!

UberBroncoMan
10-08-2009, 01:44 PM
All I know is when Marshall caught the TD and everyone was celebrating he was standing right behind McDaniels completely oblivious to what was going on... he was just staring into oblivion.

outdoor_miner
10-08-2009, 01:47 PM
All I know is when Marshall caught the TD and everyone was celebrating he was standing right behind McDaniels completely oblivious to what was going on... he was just staring into oblivion.

LOL

I noticed that too. I was thinking - doesn't get much more exciting than this, Richard, you can at least break a smile or something. He seriously looked like he didn't care what happened.

NOTE - I am not saying that he did anything wrong, nor am I saying he does not care about the team. I just laughed because he looked totally clueless.

leon
10-08-2009, 01:53 PM
He is just a rookie!!!

Will Wayfarer
10-08-2009, 01:59 PM
This pick angered and confused me more than the cutler trade at the time.

I'd also like to know how we're using him. Does he come in on 2TE blocking sets? Or 1 blocking TE and one receiving TE sets? Have they thrown to him at all?

tsiguy96
10-08-2009, 02:01 PM
This pick angered and confused me more than the cutler trade at the time.

I'd also like to know how we're using him. Does he come in on 2TE blocking sets? Or 1 blocking TE and one receiving TE sets? Have they thrown to him at all?

he was brought in primarily as a blocker. dominant blocking TEs are NOT easy to find. GOOD ones are, great ones no. hes not really a receiver but i think he has teh capability to catch. hes clearly not our best option clearly. i know they are bringing him in in 2TE 2 RB sets, i just dont know how his performance has been in those situations.

BroncoBuff
10-08-2009, 02:02 PM

That's exactly what I saw ... I dunno what he was thinking ???

Beantown Bronco
10-08-2009, 02:07 PM
That's exactly what I saw ... I dunno what he was thinking ???

It's pretty clear to me what happened. He was just chillin, listening to some tunes. Didn't anyone else hear about him hiring someone to steal Cutler's Ipod before Jay's dad came by to clean out his locker?

ant1999e
10-08-2009, 02:28 PM
It's pretty clear to me what happened. He was just chillin, listening to some tunes. Didn't anyone else hear about him hiring someone to steal Cutler's Ipod before Jay's dad came by to clean out his locker?

You think Quinn is a Bette Midler fan? I heard that's the only artist jay listens to.

DBroncos4life
10-08-2009, 02:33 PM
he was brought in primarily as a blocker. dominant blocking TEs are NOT easy to find. GOOD ones are, great ones no. hes not really a receiver but i think he has teh capability to catch. hes clearly not our best option clearly. i know they are bringing him in in 2TE 2 RB sets, i just dont know how his performance has been in those situations.

The only thing Quinn is blocking is peoples view of the game from the sideline.

NYBronco
10-08-2009, 02:40 PM
He is just a rookie!!!

And playing behind an 8 year vet in Graham and 4 year vet in Scheffler. Two pretty good TE's.

cmhargrove
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Honestly, right now I don't care.

Graham has been doing great, and I want too see more Scheffler while he is still healthy. Quinn can just play ST for a while...

bap454
10-08-2009, 03:24 PM
its early ... however I dont see anything that justifies a Second round pick. A late round pick or free agent (as he was graded) sounds spot on. We should have traded up a bit more and just got Rey Rey and Alphonso. Its Ed Reed all over again.... ok maybe not.

USMCBladerunner
10-08-2009, 03:36 PM
The only thing Quinn is blocking is peoples view of the game from the sideline.

LOL...I'm sure that's not new, but I've never heard it before, and it's pretty damn funny. Nice one.Hilarious!

bronco0608
10-08-2009, 03:51 PM
A peek into Quinn's personality. Seems like a team player to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Vuuk_Y_fU

tsiguy96
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
keep in mind we did not give up a ton to move and get this guy. for our two thirds we got a 2nd and forth, sounds fair to me. hopefully his blocking is as good as grahams by next year or so, that would be a deadly goal line combo.

Natedog24
10-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Quinn is a project guy that is probably being developed to be Graham's eventual replacement.

Popps
10-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Quinn is a project guy that is probably being developed to be Graham's eventual replacement.

This...

and two and three TE sets.

We'll see more of him my season's end.

elsid13
10-08-2009, 04:27 PM

In the NFL there is premium on TE that can stretch the field and force the LBs away from the line of scrimmage. Blocking TEs, even "great" one, are latter round picks. Quinn, needs to shows that he is capable of being a complete TE for being drafting that high.

Right now, Quinn looks to be lost and so-so because his techinque is not up to NFL levels. That why you have haven't seen much of him. Maybe in year or two he will shows himself, but right he is rookie that needs time to develop.

Chris
10-08-2009, 05:03 PM
He's probably what's allowing Daniel Graham to come up and catch all those passes.

Bronx33
10-08-2009, 05:05 PM

This killed me Ha!

Dos Rios
10-08-2009, 05:22 PM
He's probably what's allowing Daniel Graham to come up and catch all those passes.

That and Scheffler's blocking more. Totally disagree with the premise that Quinn is being groomed to replace Graham. This offense uses 3 different tight ends a lot, and all three have to both block and catch. Quinn was drafted to complement Graham, not replace him.

PRBronco
10-08-2009, 06:25 PM
A peek into Quinn's personality. Seems like a team player to me.

Who the hell conducted that interview? It felt like some teenagers snuck into the broncos building and found a camera.

Also, I want some fried chicken so bad now, omg.