PDA

View Full Version : fred taylor out against us

tsiguy96
10-08-2009, 01:00 PM
thank god, the rest of their RBs suck. but when we win, its because he was out, not because we played good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4542936

Old Dude
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Sammy Morris should get more carries, and he's a fine RB.

Man-Goblin
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Fragile Freddy isn't playing? I guess Sammy Morris and "Dive into the line for 2 feet" Maroney it is.

TheReverend
10-08-2009, 01:07 PM
thank god, the rest of their RBs suck. but when we win, its because he was out, not because we played good.

Who cares? If we win ugly/on technicalities/because someone was hurt/officials, etc... who cares? I'll take it all the way to the playoffs, and if it happens, fly to Denver to kiss McDaniel's ass.

Beantown Bronco
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM
This guy has made Boss Bailey look like Cal Ripken for the majority of his career.

2KBack
10-08-2009, 01:11 PM
At this point, running backs aren't really a concern for me. I still think the defense's weak spot is intermediate over the middle passes, which are huge for the patriots.

That and showing consistent improvement on offense are my concerns with Denver.

tsiguy96
10-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Who cares? If we win ugly/on technicalities/because someone was hurt/officials, etc... who cares? I'll take it all the way to the playoffs, and if it happens, fly to Denver to kiss McDaniel's ass.

hey i agree. as they say, rather lucky than good, allllll day. you think the pats care that brady got a BS call against the ravens? they still won. if i was a pats fan id agree.

just saying, now the media has another built in excuse for why tehy suck. our secondary matches up very, very well against their WRs as they have no depth. we match up better here than we did against the bengals as they have legit 3rd and 4th options. pats have watson as their third best receiver, and welker has been out awhile not even sure if hes playing.

TheReverend
10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
hey i agree. as they say, rather lucky than good, allllll day. you think the pats care that brady got a BS call against the ravens? they still won. if i was a pats fan id agree.

just saying, now the media has another built in excuse for why tehy suck. our secondary matches up very, very well against their WRs as they have no depth. we match up better here than we did against the bengals as they have legit 3rd and 4th options. pats have watson as their third best receiver, and welker has been out awhile not even sure if hes playing.

I don't necessarily agree about that whatsoever.

Welker played a good bit last week and should be fine this weekend. Also, his replacement got a lot of good reps and chemistry with Brady while he was out. I'm very concerned about them going 4 wide, double slot with those two.

Regardless, if we can get another tipped ball for a 90 yard TD, let it ride baby. Frankly, I agree with the media. I think we got lucky as hell to beat the Bengals. I think we pulled a squeaker out against the Cowgirls because Romo couldn't hit the broad side of a barn on Sunday. But keep showing the media and I that you can win ugly every week, and who cares. I'll love it everytime.

tsiguy96
10-08-2009, 01:26 PM
romo couldnt hit **** partially because of the pressure we applied,thats what a constant pass rush does, and we havent seen it for so many years we arent used to playing QBs who have an entire bad game. they get jumpy and force stuff.

i didnt even watch the pats so i didnt even know if welker played. i know his replacement did alright, which makes you think its not the player its the scheme. but either way, we have the talent there to make them have a very long day on offense. we just have to score to capitalize. hopefully orton and eddie have the breakout game weve been waiting for.

broncofan2438
10-08-2009, 01:27 PM

Not really sure thats accurate. I wouldnt say they suck. Broncos should have their hands full period

Broncos4tw
10-08-2009, 01:29 PM
We need to give them much less cushion, and make them pay for catching the ball over the middle.

It's simple with the pats... be very, very physical, blitz often, and we have a real shot imo.

tsiguy96
10-08-2009, 01:30 PM
they have maroney, the guy with four names (BJGE i think), and kevin faulk. faulk is a good third down back and in the open field, BJGE showed flashes and maroney is basically a bust. no one whos a sure thing good back...they havent been able to rush well and their oline is questionable, we could force them one dimensional really fast. also heard they have playcalling problems too since mcdaniels left.

cabronco
10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
We have a good Rb out too. So..

azbroncfan
10-08-2009, 01:32 PM
There second tier sh&tty backs seem to do okay against Denver. Either way it is Brady I am worried about.

TheReverend
10-08-2009, 01:33 PM
romo couldnt hit **** partially because of the pressure we applied,thats what a constant pass rush does, and we havent seen it for so many years we arent used to playing QBs who have an entire bad game. they get jumpy and force stuff.

i didnt even watch the pats so i didnt even know if welker played. i know his replacement did alright, which makes you think its not the player its the scheme. but either way, we have the talent there to make them have a very long day on offense. we just have to score to capitalize. hopefully orton and eddie have the breakout game weve been waiting for.

I'd love to see Eddie break out, but I'm starting to get skeptical that it just can't happen with KO under certain currently. He doesn't seem like a whiner about touches so let the current formula roll.

Yes, we're consistently pressuring the QB. I want to see what happens when we do it to a very good cerebral passer though. A Brady or Manning. We get a good luck Sunday, but as you said as the excuses are rolling it, it then could get blamed on Brady's injury, lol.

Will Wayfarer
10-08-2009, 01:52 PM
The Pats have never lived and died by the run, so this isn't going to make too much difference. Maroney is just as good as an old ass Fred Taylor anyways.

If we don't get consistent pressure Tom Brady it's going to be a nightmare for the Broncos, simple as that.

DBroncos4life
10-08-2009, 01:56 PM
they have maroney, the guy with four names (BJGE i think), and kevin faulk. faulk is a good third down back and in the open field, BJGE showed flashes and maroney is basically a bust. no one whos a sure thing good back...they havent been able to rush well and their oline is questionable, we could force them one dimensional really fast. also heard they have playcalling problems too since mcdaniels left.

Or they could always turn to the guy that lead the team last year in rushing.

Beantown Bronco
10-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Maroney is just as good as an old ass Fred Taylor anyways.

Oh really?

27 carries for 78 yards
2.9 yards per carry
0 TDs

vs.

45 carries for 201 yds
4.5 yds per carry
2 TDs

Taylor is playing waaaaay better than Maroney right now. AND he's doing it against defenses geared up for the run and short yardage situations. Maroney is mostly out there against nickel defenses geared up for the pass.

tsiguy96
10-08-2009, 02:02 PM
forgot about sammy morris...

Smiling Assassin27
10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Sammy Morris should get more carries, and he's a fine RB.

Correct. Dude certainly has made a nice career out of running against Denver's defense in the past.

HEAV
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM
I'd rather face teams at full strength only way to prove how real or unreal this team is to everyone.

Will Wayfarer
10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Oh really?

27 carries for 78 yards
2.9 yards per carry
0 TDs

vs.

45 carries for 201 yds
4.5 yds per carry
2 TDs

Taylor is playing waaaaay better than Maroney right now. AND he's doing it against defenses geared up for the run and short yardage situations. Maroney is mostly out there against nickel defenses geared up for the pass.

Yeah, Maroney is probably struggling with a lingering injury, but when he's healthy he's been effective. But after looking at those horrendous stats, I imagine we'll be seeing more Sammy Morris.

NFLBRONCO
10-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I'd rather face teams at full strength only way to prove how real or unreal this team is to everyone.

TY I feel same way

Peoples Champ
10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
not to wish bad on Freddy, but i was sick of him running all over us with Jacksonville.