PDA

View Full Version : Orange Jerseys?

Captain Bronco
10-08-2009, 11:53 AM
In anticipation of any critics of this post, let me readily admit that this topic is both petty, and irrelevant to the big game against the Patriots. Anyway...

I've been giving this some thought recently, and I think the Broncos should keep the orange jerseys they wore against the Cowboys as their standard home uniform. Doing so would have the following advantages:

1. It's more in keeping with Bronco tradition. For the majority of their history, the Broncos have been associated with the color orange. Wouldn't you love to be give the defense an "Orange Crush" type nickname again?

2. It's more unique. The NFL is loaded with teams who use either blue or navy as their primary color. This includes the Giants, Bears, Bills, Colts, Lions, Cowboys, Patriots, Texans, Chargers, Seahawks, Titans, and Rams. Meanwhile, nobody uses orange as their primary color. The only places it's seen at all are the Browns, Bengals, and Dolphins. In all these cases it's secondary. We could be the exclusive orange team in the league.

3. Competitive advantage. Scientific research suggests that extended exposure orange makes viewers feel uncomfortable and disettled. We could use this against our opponents. Also, since orange stands out better than blue, Orton would be able to spot his receivers more easily as he scans the field.

4. Symbolism. Orange is associated with feelings of enthusiasm and energy. It is also the international color of hope. Isn't that something we should all encourage?

Punisher
10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rKF2JQ8rb-o&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rKF2JQ8rb-o&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pony Boy
10-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Orange is a power color. It is one of the healing colors. It is said to increase the craving for food. It also stimulates enthusiasm and creativity. Orange means vitality with endurance. People who like orange are usually thoughtful and sincere. Lady luck's color is orange. I have been told that if a change of any kind is need in life, just burn an orange candle for 7 nights.

So, I guess this means we are powerful and when were wear the orange jerseys we will heal our injured and Lady luck will be on our side. McDaniel's will be creative and the players will have super endurance. I need to pile the food high for the games and need to light some orange candles......Works for me .........

OBF1
10-08-2009, 12:56 PM
What does brown with vertical stripes tell you :)

tsiguy96
10-08-2009, 12:59 PM
i tried to twitter the bronco PR guys about this, predictably they did not respond. i totally, 100% agree however.

Pony Boy
10-08-2009, 01:03 PM
i tried to twitter the bronco PR guys about this, predictably they did not respond. i totally, 100% agree however.

I really like the orange jerseys and the dark blue pants ............

BroncoMan4ever
10-08-2009, 01:05 PM

someone pissed and **** down their legs?

Pony Boy
10-08-2009, 01:06 PM

Kind of reminds me of "fear" and something brown running down the legs........ Hilarious!

Bronco Boy
10-08-2009, 01:07 PM
17 post rule?

Eldorado
10-08-2009, 02:46 PM
hmm...

Tankgunner95
10-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Let me think there is a school oh yea Syracuse Orange Men, I dont excited when I watch them play, sorry maybe Im missing your point? Or do you have one?

Chris
10-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Orange is an aphrodisiac.

bombquixote
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
I love my Broncos, but orange is a terrible color. Yes, orange has historical significance for the Broncos, but they were super bowl losers until they switched to the blue jerseys. Blue is a much better color, and far less antagonizing to watch.

DBruleU
10-08-2009, 04:03 PM
I love my Broncos, but orange is a terrible color. Yes, orange has historical significance for the Broncos, but they were super bowl losers until they switched to the blue jerseys. Blue is a much better color, and far less antagonizing to watch.

Blasphemy! Orange is Denver. You hate Orange then you can see the door.

BroncoBuff
10-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Orange is an aphrodisiac.

Actually, orange has been proven to be anything but that.

Based on socio-psych research, many fast-food restaurants put lots of orange and bright red in their dining rooms to encourage patrons to eat and run ;D

DBruleU
10-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Actually, orange has been proven to be anything but that.

Based on socio-psych research, many fast-food restaurants put lots of orange and bright red in their dining rooms to encourage patrons to eat and run ;D

hhmm...maybe that's the problem with my bedroom wall paint. ;)

BroncoBuff
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
NFL Properties changed the rule recently .... teams are now allowed to wear alternate/third jerseys, at home only, once in pre-season and twice in regular season, at the team's discretion. Looks like Josh and Pat are going to max out ;D

Still, like I've posted a million times, what we REALLY need is fr Reebok to make up about 100 orange pants with the blue swoosh on the side, and twice a year come busting out in ....

ALL ORANGE!

delany
10-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Are there playoff rules to what you can wear? Orange in the P\Os would be epic.

Popps
10-08-2009, 04:18 PM
The alternates should be our main jersey. Plain and simple.

Bronco Yoda
10-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Those socks are going to be so butt ugly that they'll be mesmerizing. We could get some guys wide open just from busted-gut coverage from the laughter.

...just as long as we get the last laugh...

errand
10-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Discussing the Broncos uniform is OK, but I'm more concerned about the players wearing them.

Having said that, we've not fared too well wearing orange in the Super bowl.....losing 27-10 to Dallas, 42-10 to Washington, and 55-10 to SF.

We're 1-0 in the Navy and 1-1 wearing the road whites.

Hogan11
10-08-2009, 04:50 PM

+1

I hate the navy blue, I don't care what was won or lost in it.

TailgateNut
10-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Those socks are going to be so butt ugly that they'll be mesmerizing. We could get some guys wide open just from busted-gut coverage from the laughter.

...just as long as we get the last laugh...

I JUST BUSTED OUT LAUGHING JUST THNKING ABOUT IT
:spit:

Bronco Yoda
10-08-2009, 05:03 PM

I agree!

RhymesayersDU
10-08-2009, 05:46 PM
My take the situation:

1) Orange jersey/white pants should be our main uni
2) Blue jersey/blue pants should be our alternate uni

listopencil
10-08-2009, 05:56 PM

Absolutely.

listopencil
10-08-2009, 05:58 PM
NFL Properties changed the rule recently .... teams are now allowed to wear alternate/third jerseys, at home only, once in pre-season and twice in regular season, at the team's discretion. Looks like Josh and Pat are going to max out ;D

Still, like I've posted a million times, what we REALLY need is fr Reebok to make up about 100 orange pants with the blue swoosh on the side, and twice a year come busting out in ....

ALL ORANGE!

Al orange would be a fun alternate. I do like the blueberry uni look late in the year though. I wouldn't mind Navy/Navy being the alternate if Orange/Navy was our prime uni.

atomicbloke
10-08-2009, 06:24 PM
NFL Properties changed the rule recently .... teams are now allowed to wear alternate/third jerseys, at home only, once in pre-season and twice in regular season, at the team's discretion.

Why does the NFL have such stupid arbitrary rules?

I mean this doesn't affect the game itself in any way.

Why mess with uniforms and such?

Fusionfrontman
10-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I agree with this. Orange alt tops as home, Blue ones as alternates.

Circle Orange
10-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Orange PANTS, too!

With white cleats and helmets, numbers lined in blue. YES!!! Beat 'em and blind 'em. Works for me.

And the stadium should have "all orange" games for the fans, where you gotta wear something orange to get in. Free orange shades to first 500 fans!

Orange is the epitome of gorgeousity and uniquedness. Yeah, what I said. !Booya!

Los Broncos
10-08-2009, 06:37 PM

Yes, but I wish they would wear the D logos just once.

Circle Orange
10-08-2009, 06:38 PM
nfl properties changed the rule recently .... Teams are now allowed to wear alternate/third jerseys, at home only, once in pre-season and twice in regular season, at the team's discretion. Looks like josh and pat are going to max out ;d

still, like i've posted a million times, what we really need is fr reebok to make up about 100 orange pants with the blue swoosh on the side, and twice a year come busting out in ....

all orange!

dig it.

bombquixote
10-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Blasphemy! Orange is Denver. You hate Orange then you can see the door.

Once Elway won superbowls with the new unis, blue and the new logo became Denver, just as much as orange ever was. I'll stay right where I'm sitting, thank you very much.

listopencil
10-08-2009, 07:04 PM

Man, I bet the crowd would explode at New Mile High (yes, that's what I call it) if the Broncos came running out in that uniform.

BroncoBuff
10-08-2009, 10:39 PM

Massive amounts of money on apparel, souvenirs and especially licensing. They select logos and colors based on what guys want to wear. That's why everybody is dark now ... 80% of teams have black or navy as their main color now because they're the colors guys are comfortable wearing.

BroncoBuff
10-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Definitely the right idea ... unless we're traveling to a dome that week, or even a warm weather game ???

listopencil
10-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Massive amounts of money on apparel, souvenirs and especially licensing. They select logos and colors based on what guys want to wear. That's why everybody is dark now ... 80% of teams have black or navy as their main color now because they're the colors guys are comfortable wearing.

Well...about 10 years ago my workplace started allowing tank tops. They had to be an appropriate size though, and I didn't have any that fit me properly. I went looking at Wal-Mart and found the clearance rack. It was full of polyester tank tops in NFL colors. The only ones left were Seattle green, San Diego blue and Denver orange. They were $3. I'm thinking, "Great. I work ten hour shifts, four a week. Twelve dollars and I have my work shirts."

I work in Raider/9er country so you can imagine how displeased my coworkers were, to say the least. I had so much fun annoying the living crap out of people that I bought matching orange shorts. Four pair. I wore nothing but orange to work for ten years, buying new shirts and shorts as the old ones wore out. Annoying the living **** out of everyone just by getting dressed in the morning.

I eventually got bored with it. Heh, SEVEN YEARS LATER. I just changed to Navy blue a couple of years ago. Funny thing is that people would come up to me, upset, that I wasn't wearing orange. I still break out the orange every once in a while-like last year when we opened up by beating the Raiders. I'm thinking if we make the playoffs...orange.

Rock Chalk
10-08-2009, 11:47 PM

Money. Duh.

Primary uniforms are to be worn for (in normal seasons) 6 home games minimum a year. Because the clothing manufactures (REebok) spend a great deal of money advertising these uniforms and that's what they want to see.

The alternates are a way for teams to show some variety (or throwbacks) and for the clothing manufacturer (Reebok) to make some extra money.

EVERYTHING revolves around money.

We will not switch back to the Orange as our primary color AT LEAST until Pat Bowlen passes away. I promise you that. He doesn't like the Orange, he is the owner. Deal with it.

Buy the alternates, thats what my family does. I wasn't a fan of the old orange uni's but I like the new alternate uni's.

The Moops
10-10-2009, 06:03 AM
I think the new uniforms (from 1997) should have always been orange jerseys to keep with the tradition. Blue jerseys should be secondary . . . .

What I'm looking to see now is orange jerseys with orange pants!

That would be cool.

lex
10-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Its amazing that Pat buys a team and he hates their colors. Thats part of their identity. Why does he hate the Broncos?

lex
10-10-2009, 06:27 AM
I think the new uniforms (from 1997) should have always been orange jerseys to keep with the tradition. Blue jerseys should be secondary . . . .

What I'm looking to see now is orange jerseys with orange pants!

That would be cool.

The 1965 jerseys were the best. If they could have matched the current helmet log with those jerseys it would have been all kinds of awesome.

Rock Chalk
10-10-2009, 08:55 AM
What I wanty to know is why change from the Royal Blue?

Everyone has Navy, that Royal Blue we had was awesome.

BroncoBuff
10-10-2009, 08:58 AM

Post #35, above....

lex
10-10-2009, 08:59 AM

They most likely changed it to navy blue because Bowlen listens to what Nike tells them, which is the same reason everyone else has navy blue. Its about selling shirts. The thinking is that they sell more fan gear if its navy because if goes with, say, blue jeans.

--Just saw Buffs post. This is kind of silly. You have to think this is more for the marginal fan. Most men, wouldnt have a problem wearing gear with more garish colors since they most likely grew up wearing it. So, you have to wonder if this is for the marginal/next fan. Like everything else the NFL does.

BroncoBuff
10-10-2009, 09:01 AM
All of these classic uniforms have been junked for NAVY or BLACK:

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/7514/unis19hh.jpg

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/8630/unis29rt.jpg

BroncoBuff
10-10-2009, 09:02 AM
They most likely changed it to navy blue because Bowlen listens to what Nike tells them, which is the same reason everyone else has navy blue. Its about selling shirts. The thinking is that they sell more fan gear if its navy because if goes with, say, blue jeans.

Exactly ... we crossed posts, but #35 above.

lex
10-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Exactly ... we crossed posts, but #35 above.

I added more.

Its unfortunate that teams are willing to lose their brand. Now, instead of buying Broncos team colors, youre buying Nike team colors.

BTW, did anyone else notice how many of these people were wearing at the Cowboys game:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/lexlucid/7e37_1.jpg

g00fyfoot
10-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Both orange and blue look good to me, but keep the white pants. No all-one-color stuff. Looks terrible. I don't like the blueberry look and all orange would be hideous. Have you ever seen the Texans all-red? Egads.

Another issue is the now very dated-looking nike swoosh stripes. High school. I wish they'd ditch that and go with something more classic.

strafen
10-10-2009, 10:39 AM

Lol!!! LOL

errand
10-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Its amazing that Pat buys a team and he hates their colors. Thats part of their identity. Why does he hate the Broncos?

He doesn't hate their colors as much as he believed that Navy blue was a more intimidating color for the team to wear.

bpc
10-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Thread of the week right here. BRING BACK THE ORANGE DAMMIT!

I do consider it a positive sign that we've worn the Orange 2 or 3 times this year already though from preseason until now.

All Orange would look sick! DO IT!

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-10-2009, 11:46 AM

Amen.

I really would like to know whether orange jerseys help our quarterback more than they help the other side's quarterback. I have always wondered if anybody has ever looked into uniform color contrast with regard to competitive advantage.

RhymesayersDU
10-10-2009, 11:46 AM
I do wonder what would happen if all of us made an effort to only buy orange and "boycott" if you will the blue jerseys.

I know something like that can never happen, just from a pure logistics standpoint, but I wonder if enough people bought only orange jerseys if Pat would have to go orange as the main jersey from both a a sports and business standpoint.

BroncoBuff
10-10-2009, 11:48 AM
All of these classic uniforms have been junked for NAVY or BLACK:

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/7514/unis19hh.jpg

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/8630/unis29rt.jpg

It's no accident that every single one of the 14 new and re-designed NFL uniforms over the past 15 years are either BLACK or NAVY: Jags, Panthers, Ravens and Texans new; Broncos, Seahawks, Bills, Patriots, Bucs, Rams, Eagles, 49ers and Oilers-Titans re-makes. The Lions have added black to their existing design, and black is even creeping into the chefs, Redskins and Vikings color schemes.

It's kinda amazing the Packers, Giants, Jets, Browns and Colts have held out. Those are the ONLY FIVE TEAMS left without some black or navy.

Oh well....c'est la vie

BroncoBuff
10-10-2009, 11:58 AM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc48/jamesu7777/namath_rams_3x.jpg

Joe Willie stylin' old school ....

BroncoBuff
10-10-2009, 12:04 PM

Uniforms for this year are set, but I'll bet we could start some kind of online petition to break out the 'D' uniforms once a year ... there's a lot of power in an 11,000 person fan site like this one.

I'll bet we could get more than 5,000 signatures here, and round up a few thousand more elsewhere. Maybe get permission to set up tables at the main entrances to Invesco and have people sign. And we could definitely get publicity, both locally and maybe even nationally.

It could be done, but people would have to get off their asses to do it ... ya think maybe ???

ScottXray
10-10-2009, 12:11 PM
As far as I remember Denver tried an all orange alternate uni back in the
late 70s. Orange pants with the old style orange tops.
It might have been the 80s though.

They also wore orange pants with the white tops in some of the road games.

Orange pants seemed to be a jinx , as we lost pretty much EVERY time they wore them. (in addition they looked like ****, and were pretty ugly)

They scrapped them after the second year, I think. And it was celebrated as a GOOD thing.

Frankly, I like the old style orange unis, but I always hated the D logo on the helmets. The logo itself is fine...but isn't symmetrical, so that the logo is backwards facing on one side of the helmet

Even sent a Letter to the Broncos in 75 or 76 suggesting a helmet design similar to the current one.

Anyway , I for one would not welcome an all orange Uni.

We just recently finally broke the Orange alternate jinx that haunted us for a few years. Don't tempt fate.

Los Broncos
10-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Uniforms for this year are set, but I'll bet we could start some kind of online petition to break out the 'D' uniforms once a year ... there's a lot of power in an 11,000 person fan site like this one.

I'll bet we could get more than 5,000 signatures here, and round up a few thousand more elsewhere. Maybe get permission to set up tables at the main entrances to Invesco and have people sign. And we could definitely get publicity, both locally and maybe even nationally.

It could be done, but people would have to get off their asses to do it ... ya think maybe ???

I'm pretty lazy but I would sign something to see them one more time.

BroncoDoug
10-10-2009, 04:32 PM
arent the bengals jerseys orange?

edit: I guess they are more black then anything, but they too have dominate orange alternates