PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the Cowboys

kamakazi_kal
10-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Anyone notice that after Denver beat the Cowboys that all the news outlets (nfl net, espin, fox etc.)

all have the same question and it's not, "how good are the Broncos playing" it's "what's wrong with the Cowboys"

Is it so hard to believe that they just got their asses kicked? They were 2-1 going into that game.

I guess flying under the radar is still a good thing but cmon. What's next "what's wrong with the Patriots?"

.... hmm I guess maybe that could be the topic next week. Choppin down giants I guess.

The Joker
10-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Denver are getting plenty of love as far as I can see.

The Charger midair buttsecks pic saves the thread though.

jmz313
10-08-2009, 08:25 AM
they're America's team. if we do beat the Pats, it will not be about the Pats loosing and not us winning. But, it will be all about McD and Belicheat. how their handshake looked, the press confrence and nothing about what happened on the field between players.

kamakazi_kal
10-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Denver are getting plenty of love as far as I can see.

The Charger midair buttsecks pic saves the thread though.

yep .... their going to hand us the division. Even their GM is calling them out.

Not saying that Denver "don't get no love" just saying I think it's funny that somehow it's a problem other then just getting their asses handed to them.

HILife
10-08-2009, 08:28 AM
lol, I never get tired of that picture.

Peoples Champ
10-08-2009, 08:34 AM
ya i noticed this on TV, but I would rather have it like this. Us fly under the radar all year, people picking against us. Haters gonna hate, but we will shock the world

jhns
10-08-2009, 08:37 AM
It is because that team does have problems. Romo has not looked very good and their pass defense has been pretty bad. People expected them to be good so they talk about how they are suprised that they are bad. They really need a new o-coordinator or head coach though. This past game proves it. Throwing at Champ should never be that much of the game plan...

People have been giving this team respect now though. Some won't for a while until they are fully convinced. Some just don't like being wrong so they avoid admitting it for as long as possible. It isn't like we even know how good we are yet. We know we aren't a bad team but we haven't played a top team to see if we can hang with the best. We know now that the Cowboys are not one of the better teams and not just from our win.

Ambiguous
10-08-2009, 08:48 AM
I think the media by and large feels like I do - I've seen too many collapses to fully put my stock in this team just yet.

That said, if we beat the Patriots this Sunday then there are no excuses - we are a playoff caliber team and deserve respect.

Mr. Elway
10-08-2009, 08:48 AM
It is because that team does have problems. Romo has not looked very good and their pass defense has been pretty bad. People expected them to be good so they talk about how they are suprised that they are bad. They really need a new o-coordinator or head coach though. This past game proves it. Throwing at Champ should never be that much of the game plan...

People have been giving this team respect now though. Some won't for a while until they are fully convinced. Some just don't like being wrong so they avoid admitting it for as long as possible. It isn't like we even know how good we are yet. We know we aren't a bad team but we haven't played a top team to see if we can hang with the best. We know now that the Cowboys are not one of the better teams and not just from our win.

The Cowboys are one of the better running teams though, and Romo can certainly light it up at times. I think we got in his head, and that was as much to blame for their offensive woes as anything you mentioned. Stopping their offense was, I think, a true test of the defense. To beat the best teams in the league though I think we need to get it done better with the offense for 60 mins. Loving the way we won the game, but we left points on the board for sure and if we can put together a truly complete game then we will be "for real." I think all the pieces are there.

Taco John
10-08-2009, 09:02 AM
This thread doesn't reflect the coverage that I've seen. We just got a sports illustrated cover story and everywhere you look the Broncos are getting all sorts of love. I can't say how many times I've seen the Brandon Marshall play and its significance rehashed.

jhns
10-08-2009, 09:13 AM
The Cowboys are one of the better running teams though, and Romo can certainly light it up at times. I think we got in his head, and that was as much to blame for their offensive woes as anything you mentioned. Stopping their offense was, I think, a true test of the defense. To beat the best teams in the league though I think we need to get it done better with the offense for 60 mins. Loving the way we won the game, but we left points on the board for sure and if we can put together a truly complete game then we will be "for real." I think all the pieces are there.

Yeah, that game convinced me this defense is for real. I am excited to see how it holds up the rest of the season. If we can beat the pats, even if the offense is still having some problems, it will show this team is for real and ready to hang with the big boys. I would still like to see the offense imrpove though.