PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels Wired...

TheDave
10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8133b2d8/Sound-FX-McDaniels-wired

He needs to work on his angry voice, but otherwise pretty cool.

Rock Chalk
10-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I was watching NFL network and they had Singletary wired. He's ****ing awesome. I love Mike Singletary.

Rock Chalk
10-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Bwahaha

"I know this is America's team but this is ridiculous"

TheDave
10-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Bwahaha

I loved that... :thumbs:

SureShot
10-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I gotta admit the dude is growing on me.

Archer81
10-07-2009, 03:01 PM
"We cant even see what we can do because of all the ****-ups"

:Broncos:

TheDave
10-07-2009, 03:01 PM

Trust me, I know exactly what you mean.

UberBroncoMan
10-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Holy **** o_o... really weird to hear that side of him. Even more weird to hear him curse.

When he was yelling about people doing their job he sounded like he was crying when he yelled it.

"I'm not talking about my bad" to Orton lawl.

Br0nc0Buster
10-07-2009, 03:11 PM
the little guy can get mad sometimes

The hug with Dawkins was awesome........I wish I could hug Dawkins......

Archer81
10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
the little guy can get mad sometimes

The hug with Dawkins was awesome........I wish I could hug Dawkins......

You would ignite and turn to dust. I hear its like hugging the sun, or looking inside the arc of the covenant.

:Broncos:

The Joker
10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
"That's what I'm talkin' about, ya gotta hit it."

"Yeah, I know, I know. My bad."

"I'm not talkin' about my bad anymore, just make the play."

Awesome. :~ohyah!:

UberBroncoMan
10-07-2009, 03:19 PM
The "Do Your Job" speech sounds like something strait out of Belicheat's book.

Orange_Beard
10-07-2009, 03:21 PM

yeap.

hambone13
10-07-2009, 03:26 PM

I was screaming some rendition of this at the television as well...I knew it would get there :giggle:

lex
10-07-2009, 03:27 PM

That was the best part. LOL.

Taco John
10-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Bwahaha

Hilarious!

Taco John
10-07-2009, 03:33 PM
http://fileserver.tinker.com/tinker/events/5/5830_main_image_1247267786.jpg

tsiguy96
10-07-2009, 04:18 PM

because it is.

anyway, mcdaniels angry voice doesnt come across well, but you know when hes pissed.

tsiguy96
10-07-2009, 04:21 PM
i think champ said "i got it for you" at the end to mcdaniels after he made the game winner..

Irish Stout
10-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Awesome!

theAPAOps5
10-07-2009, 04:27 PM
He definitely needs to find his big boy voice! But I love the intensity. Love the no more my bads, make the play!

55CrushEm
10-07-2009, 04:32 PM
That was awesome. McDaniels is totally on the ball and in control.....love it.

misturanderson
10-07-2009, 04:35 PM
It sounded like his voice was giving out by half time, he was yelling so much.

BigPlayShay
10-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I wonder if McD mandated that NFL Films edit out the chatter during the McMarshall Hug.

jacob2125
10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
It sounded like his voice was giving out by half time, he was yelling so much.

Mine would have too the way the offense was playing.

Broncos123
10-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Carries himself much older than he is, he is one hellva coach!

Popps
10-07-2009, 05:41 PM
How about the McD/Dawkins moment at the end. ****ing awesome. You can hear the happiness in Dawkins' voice, and the respect.

What a great start. People need to keep this all in perspective, but what a way to come out of the gate.

KipCorrington25
10-07-2009, 06:12 PM
I've ripped the guy a lot but it's great to see the fire, very refreshing and much needed after a decade of underachieving and sleep walking through games like this.

BlaK-Argentina
10-07-2009, 06:24 PM
How about the McD/Dawkins moment at the end. ****ing awesome. You can hear the happiness in Dawkins' voice, and the respect.

What a great start. People need to keep this all in perspective, but what a way to come out of the gate.

Dawkins' "Yes, sir" showed me that the team has a respect for McD that goes way beyond his years. This guy knows football, period.

I'm so glad he's our coach.

Go McD, go BRONCOS.

UberBroncoMan
10-07-2009, 06:27 PM
i think champ said "i got it for you" at the end to mcdaniels after he made the game winner..

He didn't even sound like Champ when he said that... nor does Dawkins sound like Dawkins in game. It's like all these people have their own game voices.

BlaK-Argentina
10-07-2009, 06:27 PM
He didn't even sound like Champ when he said that... nor does Dawkins sound like Dawkins in game. It's like all these people have their own game voices.

Did Champ really say that? I couldn't hear.

Florida_Bronco
10-07-2009, 06:34 PM

Amen my friend.

I LOVE the way McDaniels has changed the culture of this team. I don't know how far we'll go this year, but it'll be a successful year regardless, simply because of the seeds it's planting for the future.

Chris
10-07-2009, 06:48 PM
That made me smile and laugh my ass off.

I ****ing love Josh Mcdaniels.

lex
10-07-2009, 06:49 PM
That made me smile and laugh my ass off.

I ****ing love Josh Mcdaniels.

...and then what happened?

hades
10-07-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm also LMAO, that was greatness!

Gcver2ver3
10-07-2009, 08:18 PM
that was good stuff...

count me in as another guy who liked the "i don't want to hear my bad just do your job"....

hold them accountable McD...

DivineBronco
10-07-2009, 08:34 PM
I urge everyone with access to watch "Inside The NFL" to watch the Broncos recap there is some more McD wired footage that was unused in the web clip

BroncoDoug
10-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Dawkins' "Yes, sir" showed me that the team has a respect for McD that goes way beyond his years. This guy knows football, period.

I'm so glad he's our coach.

Go McD, go BRONCOS.

no joke!!!

yes, sir. Thank you, sir. Yes, sir...

this coming from someone who is OLDER then the coach...

every night before i go to sleep I send out a little thank you prayer to philly for letting this guy go

BroncoBuff
10-07-2009, 09:39 PM

You, me and TheDave ...

Natedogg
10-07-2009, 09:56 PM
At training camp i remember a coach (thought it was nolan for some reason) yelling during field goal practice "Quit makinging **** up and do what we do every day!!!!"

Guess it was pry Josh. Still a ****ing great moto.

uplink
10-07-2009, 10:50 PM
He definitely needs to find his big boy voice! But I love the intensity. Love the no more my bads, make the play!

Yeah, he sounded like a chick having an orgasm during that Marshall TD play.
Maybe he could have off-season surgery to give himself a raspy voice like Eastwood or Bronson.

BroncoMan4ever
10-07-2009, 10:58 PM
it sounded like he was in puberty when he was yelling. his voice kept cracking.

i thought that was funny, but love that he is holding the players accountable for their own jobs, he is an intense little man, and he knows his ****.

azbroncfan
10-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Great stuff! Sounds like his nuts haven't dropped yet.

uplink
10-07-2009, 11:01 PM
I was watching NFL network and they had Singletary wired. He's ****ing awesome. I love Mike Singletary.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8133b564/Sound-FX-49ers-tough-love

troya900
10-07-2009, 11:05 PM
My favorite part is how he goes insane after the Marshall TD and high fives and pumps his fist saying "yes sir"! That has got to abso-f'ing-lutely excite any fan that lives and dies Broncos!!!

lex
10-07-2009, 11:24 PM
My favorite part is how he goes insane after the Marshall TD and high fives and pumps his fist saying "yes sir"! That has got to abso-f'ing-lutely excite any fan that lives and dies Broncos!!!

Speaking of the fans, did you see him thanking the fans as he left the field. Kind of cool.

Kaylore
10-08-2009, 01:07 AM
That's the guy I always saw. I never saw the conniving, lying, evil, stupid, idiotic, buffoon lacking personality skills that everyone insisted was coming here to ruin the franchise so Belichick could eliminate the one team that he had trouble against.

I think a lot of people got mad about the Cutler situation and turned him into something in their minds so they could hate him even it didn't have anything to do with reality.

Ratboy
10-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Sold.

This guy has been showing passion.

KCStud
10-08-2009, 03:36 AM
it sounded like he was in puberty when he was yelling. his voice kept cracking.

i thought that was funny, but love that he is holding the players accountable for their own jobs, he is an intense little man, and he knows his ****.

Lol he did sound like an adolescent boy

TailgateNut
10-08-2009, 06:33 AM
no joke!!!

yes, sir. Thank you, sir. Yes, sir...

this coming from someone who is OLDER then the coach...

every night before i go to sleep I send out a little thank you prayer to philly for letting this guy go

Obviously McD (or McDouche as some were calling him) has EARNED the respect of his/our team.

Peoples Champ
10-08-2009, 06:44 AM

Me too, this was a great Video.

I mean of course we will miss Shanahan, but all good things gotta come to an end. This is the start of a new begining.

My favorite is "we havent even seen what we can do , because it doesnt even look like a football team out there."

and "no more my bad, just get it done"

It seems like right after he said that, the offense was motivated and we took over. This guy know how to motivate.

TailgateNut
10-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Me too, this was a great Video.

I mean of course we will miss Shanahan, but all good things gotta come to an end. This is the start of a new begining.

My favorite is "we havent even seen what we can do , because it doesnt even look like a football team out there."

and "no more my bad, just get it done"

It seems like right after he said that, the offense was motivated and we took over. This guy know how to motivate.

....whereas, if things weren't going well, Shanny would just walk the sidelines looking like someone kicked him in the JEWELS.

oubronco
10-08-2009, 06:55 AM
after watching that vid Marshall made one helluva play

dbfan21
10-08-2009, 07:19 AM

Exactly! I loved hearing McD mic'd up. That was awesome. His intensity has, without a doubt, rubbed off on every player and coach in that locker room. And I appreciate the fact he doesn't take excuses...MAKE THE PLAY!

Who else got goosebumps watching that video? I know I did.

Go Broncos!!

Smiling Assassin27
10-08-2009, 07:31 AM

Man, that was a thing of beauty. No way Bellicheat uses that much animation. Watching the dude after Marshall scored is probably like watching 90% of the posters on this board... Ha!

bronco militia
10-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Man, that was a thing of beauty. No way Bellicheat uses that much animation. Watching the dude after Marshall scored is probably like watching 90% of the posters on this board... Ha!

that was me after the Marshall TD!!

.....we had a good time watching how animated McDonk got after that play...I think he hi fived the entire offense

Paladin
10-08-2009, 07:49 AM
McDonk? Can you grow up and use his name?

Show us you can.

Same to ya......

strafen
10-08-2009, 07:54 AM
"Just make the play and stop saying my bad"

Orton is such a retard, it's not even funny! :rofl:

bronco militia
10-08-2009, 08:01 AM
McDonk? Can you grow up and use his name?

Show us you can.

Same to ya......

go **** yourself, a-hole Ha!

TailgateNut
10-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Forum: Orange Mane Central Discussion 09-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Replies: 148 what we thought about orton is right
Views: 1,736 Posted By TheReverend
Because our new coach is a jerk off lacking...

Because our new coach is a jerk off lacking management skills.

Just a little nugget from one of the boards' self proclaimed geniuses.

Mr.Meanie
10-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Hmm... Mock has been conspicuously absent. No more catty comments about "Beavis"?

Anaximines
10-08-2009, 09:01 AM
after watching that vid Marshall made one helluva play

Yeah, the video was really well put together in general and they did a great job with that play. Seriously exciting!!

TheReverend
10-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Forum: Orange Mane Central Discussion 09-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Replies: 148 what we thought about orton is right
Views: 1,736 Posted By TheReverend
Because our new coach is a jerk off lacking...

Because our new coach is a jerk off lacking management skills.

Just a little nugget from one of the boards' self proclaimed geniuses.

LOL

That's beautiful. I don't back down from that for one second. I definitely believe with Cutler this team is a Superbowl contender, and where we are now with Orton, we're one dimensional.

Can you please post the link? That thread is 6 pages and I don't wanna dig through to find it.

BroncoBrett
10-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Thats Awsome!!!!!!!!1

tsiguy96
10-08-2009, 09:40 AM
LOL

That's beautiful. I don't back down from that for one second. I definitely believe with Cutler this team is a Superbowl contender, and where we are now with Orton, we're one dimensional.

Can you please post the link? That thread is 6 pages and I don't wanna dig through to find it.

whos to say that if he backed down to cutlers demand the entire team would play as hard for him as they are, especially the defense? or whos to say that cutler doesnt lose us these close games by his awesome interceptions or fumble issues?

TheReverend
10-08-2009, 10:03 AM
whos to say that if he backed down to cutlers demand the entire team would play as hard for him as they are, especially the defense? or whos to say that cutler doesnt lose us these close games by his awesome interceptions or fumble issues?

You've seen this past off-season BOTH prior defensive captains refer to Jay as a top 5 QB, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

As for the turnovers, you've seen 4 in game one (in which I credited 2 to miscommunication with WRs, and 1 to Clark quitting his route, and the last a "wtf man?" throw). He had chemistry here and an OL.

Regardless, he's still made WRs out of nothing in Chicago, despite the line, and from week 2-4 has 7 TDs and 1 Int. I think with a better offensive supporting cast here, he'd be just fine.

azbroncfan
10-08-2009, 10:08 AM
As for the turnovers, you've seen 4 in game one (in which I credited 2 to miscommunication with WRs, and 1 to Clark quitting his route, and the last a "wtf man?" throw). .

Are you crediting the one's dropped by the defense? They easily dropped 2 early on.

TheReverend
10-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Are you crediting the one's dropped by the defense? They easily dropped 2 early on.

No, I don't do that. It wouldn't be fair to take away a TD from Orton and Knowshon because the D didn't make a play, nor would it be fair to take away an entire win in the Cinci game.

chaz
10-08-2009, 10:31 AM
it's weird hearing Dawkins call McD "sir"...almost should be the other way around

alkemical
10-08-2009, 11:10 AM
go **** yourself, a-hole Ha!

haha

bronco militia
10-08-2009, 11:26 AM
haha

how dare someone tell me to grow up!

never!

azbroncfan
10-08-2009, 12:35 PM
No, I don't do that. It wouldn't be fair to take away a TD from Orton and Knowshon because the D didn't make a play, nor would it be fair to take away an entire win in the Cinci game.

Why are you making excuses for the ones that were INT's then?

TheReverend
10-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Why are you making excuses for the ones that were INT's then?

Listen, if you have a different analysis on them, please post it.

I said one was a "wtf was that?" throw and all on him, one had Clark give up on the route, and two saw young receivers make poor reads and run the wrong route. That's how I saw it.

I dislike Orton and love Marshall, but you can be damn sure that if the team turned the ball over because Marshall quit on a route, I'd defend Orton and blame the crap out of Marshall.

It's not making excuses, it's putting the blame where it belongs. If you analyze those plays differently, please feel free to post your analysis.

TailgateNut
10-08-2009, 12:42 PM
LOL

For the reading impaired(the Rev), this post was about our "jerk" coach.

TheReverend
10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
For the reading impaired(the Rev), this post was about our "jerk" coach.

For the reading impaired(TailgateNut), this post was about our "jerk" coach in regards to Jay Cutler. Feel free to post the links, because that's exactly what it was about. A discussion between Argentina-Blak and I about Cutler-McD. So yes, I absolutely still feel that way.

gyldenlove
10-08-2009, 01:08 PM
He sounds like a kid when he is angry, but he knows his stuff and the players love him.

He needs a 7'2 guy to do all the yelling.

leon
10-08-2009, 01:13 PM
I love big mc!! Thats my man!!

HEAV
10-08-2009, 01:21 PM
That's the guy I always saw. I never saw the conniving, lying, evil, stupid, idiotic, buffoon lacking personality skills that everyone insisted was coming here to ruin the franchise so Belichick could eliminate the one team that he had trouble against.

I think a lot of people got mad about the Cutler situation and turned him into something in their minds so they could hate him even it didn't have anything to do with reality.

Coach McDaniels is the kinda leader this franchise has been lacking for years. I'd run threw a wall for a coach like that and it looks like Marshall will now do the same.

It's a shame Cutler didn't have the guts to stick it out and learn to be a leader and a team.

broncofan7
10-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Bwahaha

Cosign! I also enjoyed the a$$ chewing he gave to that imposter of a starting Qb that he puts out there every week--Kyle 'MY BAD' Orton..."you gotta hit it, gotta hit it--I'm not talking about MY BAD anymore and just make the play!' Sounds like me yelling at my 65" DLP last Sunday...........

TheReverend
10-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Cosign! I also enjoyed the a$$ chewing he gave to that imposter of a starting Qb that he puts out there every week--Kyle 'MY BAD' Orton..."you gotta hit it, gotta hit it--I'm not talking about MY BAD anymore and just make the play!' Sounds like me yelling at my 65" DLP last Sunday...........

Jealous of your tv

jrmarden
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
when he was reeming into the offense on the sideline, he sounded like he was going to break down.. kinda funny...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8133b2d8/Sound-FX-McDaniels-wired

He needs to work on his angry voice, but otherwise pretty cool.

broncofan7
10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Jealous of your tv

you oughta' see the size of my remote!

Jerry Curl
10-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Awesome.

Los Broncos
10-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm trying to figure out what Champ says to him after the INT?

"I did it for you"?

HEAV
10-08-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm trying to figure out what Champ says to him after the INT?

"I did it for you"?

Do you mean after the 4th down pass breakup?

I hear him say "I got it for you!"

Drunk Monkey
10-08-2009, 08:57 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8133b564/Sound-FX-49ers-tough-love

Singletary was good but McDanniels audio was better. Since the 49er were blowing them out he didn't have much reason to get to animated but Mcd was inspiring. I was giving him a 8 game evaluation period but I may move that up.

BroncoDoug
10-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Thats what she said!

BroncoDoug
10-08-2009, 09:29 PM

I believe he said that after the INT, they just cut it to make it seem like it was after the pass break up...

MplsBronco
10-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I can't help it but he reminds of a young Shanahan, just more animated. During the SB years, Shanny was into every aspect of the game, very involved with the players on the sideline. Towards the end he just seemed disconnected. This team is going places for years to come.

I believe that you have to suffer through tough times to truly enjoy success and I am hoping the past 10 years serves that purpose. I fully expect the playoffs this year and winning a game once we get there. Anything beyond that would just be a bonus.

If this team can get through this stretch of the schedule at 5-3, they will be so battle tested that it can only help them.

Kaylore
10-08-2009, 09:34 PM

Compensating for something, no question...

Los Broncos
10-08-2009, 09:42 PM

On the pick I think it was, they kind of embraced on the sideline.

WABronco
10-08-2009, 09:51 PM
PUT ME IN COACH

So much embracing, and sh-ite.

BroncoBuff
10-08-2009, 10:16 PM

What a smart person you are :~ohyah!:

j/k

hambone13
10-08-2009, 11:03 PM

Well, NO ****! People are going to be pissed. It would be pretty boring reading **** here if I was just reading all your super calming, judo yoga, kung fu McD faith comments. Nice to have ya back...every society needs a Broncos Buddha

TailgateNut
10-09-2009, 06:48 AM
Well, NO ****! People are going to be pissed. It would be pretty boring reading **** here if I was just reading all your super calming, judo yoga, kung fu McD faith comments. Nice to have ya back...every society needs a Broncos Buddha

It is a lot better than attempting to watch the Bronco games with both eyes covered with Cutlers' asscheeks.

Drek
10-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Jealous of your tv

Why? Its a DLP. Plasma > LCD > DLP.

chrisp
10-09-2009, 07:04 AM
The thing I love about McDaniels, is that he actually comes accross as a little geeky, but you get the feeling that although there isn't a single player on the squad who thinks he's a cool guy, they all totally respect his knowledge and his passion.

It goes to show - you can rule by fear for a time, but if that's all you've got you will get shown up eventually. Running a team is about being able to teach, and make the right decisions, and so far McDaniels has shown that he is able to do that.

It will be interesting to see what happens during the tough times (hopefully many years away!) but when you bear in mind the baptism of fire that he went through in the offseason, and he stuck to his guns and won the team over, so perhaps he's already proved he can deal with that too?

TheReverend
10-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Why? Its a DLP. Plasma > LCD > DLP.

Raw size. It's like playing life size video games. I've got a 50 LCD, but I'm moving that to my room and getting a bigger one after I move.

Drek
10-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Raw size. It's like playing life size video games. I've got a 50 LCD, but I'm moving that to my room and getting a bigger one after I move.

Life size video games with washed out colors, weak black definitions, and bleeding reds.

56" Pioneer Kuro for the win every time.

Beantown Bronco
10-09-2009, 08:57 AM

I'm definitely a plasma guy, but the bang for the buck on some of the newer DLPs is pretty compelling. Local store is selling a 73" Mitsubishi 1080p with blu ray player included for $1,800 (with free delivery and set up as well as haul away of old tv if desired).

broncofan7
10-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Life size video games with washed out colors, weak black definitions, and bleeding reds.

56" Pioneer Kuro for the win every time.

You sound like my brother-in-law...........it looks good to me but I do not have a trained eye for that I guess..

SureShot
10-09-2009, 08:58 AM

I have a feeling we will be seeing more Tommy Lee Jones.

TheReverend
10-09-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm definitely a plasma guy, but the bang for the buck on some of the newer DLPs is pretty compelling. Local store is selling a 73" Mitsubishi 1080p with blu ray player included for $1,800 (with free delivery and set up as well as haul away of old tv if desired).

See, 1080p I can live with. That's a pretty damn amazing deal.

TheReverend
10-09-2009, 09:10 AM
I have a feeling we will be seeing more Tommy Lee Jones.

lol, I finally talked to her again the other day, so there may very well be more Tommy Lee :)

broncofan7
10-09-2009, 09:13 AM
See, 1080p I can live with. That's a pretty damn amazing deal.

I got mine in 2005 and paid a pretty penny--I only use it for football and movies though--so the bulb has lasted me this entire time (that is major expense for upkeep on DLP's)--if you are not TOO picky--the DLP will serve you well........

Drek
10-09-2009, 11:21 AM
You sound like my brother-in-law...........it looks good to me but I do not have a trained eye for that I guess..

I've done a lot of video editing, graphic design, etc. so I (unfortunately) do have a rather trained eye.

DLP is great from a value vs. quality standpoint, and if size matters its the clear silver medal winner (beat only by a high def projector with a quality screen). This makes it an excellent choice for large rooms and multiple viewer environments (Super Bowl parties and the like).

LCD offers a slightly better picture (still a little washed out and weak black levels, though they're getting better), but is ideal for gaming and home theater PC use because they don't have the bulb/burn-in issues of DLP or plasma respectively. Stuck pixels could be an issue as could latency, but with a quality manufacturer its typically a lot less of a problem.

Plasma is the optimal home theater experience because a quality plasma delivers deep, detailed blacks, sharp crisp colors, and an excellent refresh rate. They're more fragile and have a shorter lifespan though. Burn-in isn't nearly the problem it used to be, but they still don't retain good contrast and color vibrancy after more than five or six years of use.

I bought a 56" Pioneer Kuro (plasma) about a year ago after owning a 32" MAG (generic brand LCD). I did a ton of research and found that the Kuro is hands down the best TV on the market. Unfortunately Pioneer is now handing off their consumer level manufacturing to Panasonic, which still makes a great set don't get me wrong, but its not like getting the industrial grade behemoth technology that Pioneer was streamlining into their latest Kuros.

Of course I dropped $2200 on a TV (thanks to an excellent sale because Pioneer's new partnership with Panasonic leading to a clearance, was about $5K just a month before I bought it) that I know will be effectively dead in five or six years. Doesn't bother me because video quality is a big thing for me and only my fiance and I use it, so there is no fear of burn-in or other hazards befalling it. When it dies I'll just buy the new latest and greatest, also regardless of shelf life (within reason).

With any HDTV though an absolute essential is to at least run a home calibration disc on it like Avia or Digital Video Essentials. Almost every set you buy retail comes with the contrast jacked way up, not only does it give you a lesser picture, it shortens the life of your set significantly and increases power consumption. An absolute essential for how cheap they are to find online.

Blu-Ray is awesome though. Anyone with a 1080p set should consider getting it. Completely changes the home movie watching experience. We don't even like going to theaters now, its just so much more enjoyable to watch them from home.

Sorry for the rant, still get too into HD technologies, despite having way too much money already invested in them. ;p

Beantown Bronco
10-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Drek:

I think your info about the plasma lifespan is a little outdated.

Panasonic has published impressive lifespan statistics for its latest range of 1080p plasma HDTVs. The company reckons that on average they will play for 100,000 hours before reaching half brightness. This equates to 42 years based on an average viewing time of six and a half hours a day.

Panasonicís 720p plasmas will play for 60,000 hours, providing 25 years of viewing, before the display degrades to 50%. Even at half-brightness, the sets will still provide clear, crisp colourful high definition images, according to Dr. Paul F, Liao, Panasonicís chief technology officer.

http://www.hdtv-news.co.uk/2007/08/08/panasonic-full-hdtv-lifespan-now-over-42-years/

broncofan7
10-09-2009, 11:52 AM
All great information--thanks (If my bulb doesn't last the season--I will look to a Plasma......)

Beantown Bronco
10-09-2009, 11:59 AM
All great information--thanks (If my bulb doesn't last the season--I will look to a Plasma......)

To be honest, unless you're unhappy with your current set, I'd just look into replacing the bulb. If you have a Mitsubishi, they've lowered the prices on most of their bulbs to around $100.

ScottXray
10-09-2009, 12:11 PM
I picked up a new Panny 58" plasma (V10) about 6 weeks ago, to replace my aging (but still good ) mits 65" rear projector. Cost....$2100. Gave the 65 to my son for his game room.

The new Pioneer Kuro sets will have the same panel as the Panny.

Black level is pretty close to the old Kuro set....enough that with my room
brightness I wouldn't see the difference. I also am into the Quality of the image, and paid around 4K 9 years ago for the 65 Mits.

Even went to the trouble of modifying the system software (it was possible to do so if you built a special computer interface and plugged it into the set main board) to eliminate red push, and bought a color analyser to set my own grey scale and color accuracy. I spent a lot of time getting it as close as possible to accurate, and the geometry as close to perfect as possible. I had to keep 4% overscan, which is about as good as the old sets would do.

But the RP set just couldn't compare to the newer 1080P sets, as it just didn't have the resolution of the newer ones.

I thought about another RP (DLP) but frankly couldn't bear to see another
daytime image washed out when the its a sunny (over even bright) day. So far the plasma screen has shown good antireflectivity even in brighter days.

With the Panny (and especially with blue ray) I haven't even felt the need to tweak yet. I still have the analyser and will get the service manuals for the panny in the future. But mostly I just set it in THX mode for accuracy and enjoy.

Drek
10-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Drek:

I think your info about the plasma lifespan is a little outdated.

Panasonic has published impressive lifespan statistics for its latest range of 1080p plasma HDTVs. The company reckons that on average they will play for 100,000 hours before reaching half brightness. This equates to 42 years based on an average viewing time of six and a half hours a day.

Panasonicís 720p plasmas will play for 60,000 hours, providing 25 years of viewing, before the display degrades to 50%. Even at half-brightness, the sets will still provide clear, crisp colourful high definition images, according to Dr. Paul F, Liao, Panasonicís chief technology officer.

http://www.hdtv-news.co.uk/2007/08/08/panasonic-full-hdtv-lifespan-now-over-42-years/

Interesting, have to look into it. One reason I chose Pioneer is like I said, they put industrial grade parts into their Kuros, so the burn-in factor and lifespan issue on them are greatly reduced. I'll have to check around and see if anyone has worn out a recent model Kuro in a retail or hotel setting.

Drek
10-09-2009, 12:16 PM

Buy (or download) Avia and use it to give your set an adjustment. It can save you a lot of bulb life, even on older sets. Stupid high contrast that retailers push for that showroom "wow" factor is the #1 cause for premature bulb death.

TailgateNut
10-09-2009, 12:19 PM
I picked up a new Panny 58" plasma (V10) about 6 weeks ago, to replace my aging (but still good ) mits 65" rear projector. Cost....$2100. Gave the 65 to my son for his game room.

The new Pioneer Kuro sets will have the same panel as the Panny.

Black level is pretty close to the old Kuro set....enough that with my room
brightness I wouldn't see the difference. I also am into the Quality of the image, and paid around 4K 9 years ago for the 65 Mits.

Even went to the trouble of modifying the system software (it was possible to do so if you built a special computer interface and plugged it into the set main board) to eliminate red push, and bought a color analyser to set my own grey scale and color accuracy. I spent a lot of time getting it as close as possible to accurate, and the geometry as close to perfect as possible. I had to keep 4% overscan, which is about as good as the old sets would do.

But the RP set just couldn't compare to the newer 1080P sets, as it just didn't have the resolution of the newer ones.

I thought about another RP (DLP) but frankly couldn't bear to see another
daytime image washed out when the its a sunny (over even bright) day. So far the plasma screen has shown good antireflectivity even in brighter days.

With the Panny (and especially with blue ray) I haven't even felt the need to tweak yet. I still have the analyser and will get the service manuals for the panny in the future. But mostly I just set it in THX mode for accuracy and enjoy.

My Tv is a bit more outdated, but I'm HUNG LIKE A HORSE:rofl:

Gotta love the MY tv is BIGGER than YOUR tv threads.

TheReverend
10-09-2009, 12:19 PM
What's this thread about again?

Drek
10-09-2009, 12:25 PM

Awesome. Its about awesome.

McDaniels in general.

McDaniels telling Orton to quit saying my bad and get the job done.

McDaniels making jokes about "America's Team".

HDTVs.

Such a good thread.

SureShot
10-09-2009, 12:36 PM

McD's tv......i think. Oh and don't forget Tommy Lee!

"Don't forget to cup the balls ladies""
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/tommy%20lee%20jones.jpg

Beantown Bronco
10-09-2009, 12:40 PM

McDaniels in general.

HDTVs.

Such a good thread.

Throw in some boobs and butts and we've got ourselves some ROF material.

broncofan7
10-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Throw in some boobs and butts and we've got ourselves some ROF material.

Courtesy of the Don Chavez blog!

http://donchavez.com/blog/

Florida_Bronco
10-09-2009, 01:30 PM

McDaniels in general.

HDTVs.

Such a good thread.

Agreed. This thread delivers.