PDA

View Full Version : OT: Tips for quickly drinking mass quantities of beer?

Broncobiv
10-07-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm posting this in the Mane forum because this "event" is tomorrow night, so I'm just looking for some quick advice...

My friends and I are having a "case race". Basically...1 guy + 1 girl on a team, $10 entry fee, first team to drink a 30 pack of their choosing wins the cash.

I am going with MGD 64 because it's only 2.8% alcohol. I think that will help us out the most. But are there any other suggestions to help me drink a lot, but quickly (I figure I'll need to drink 18-20 of the beers)?

The main thing I'm worried about is foam. I was thinking about using a product such as Gas-X to help with foam buildup in my stomach. I found this on another (medical) site:

Simethicone (e.g., Gas-X, Mylanta Gas, Phazyme) is a foaming agent that joins gas bubbles in the stomach so that gas is more easily belched away.

Someone else advised my to drink Pepto Bismal before I start. It will supposedly coat my stomach and help decrease the amount of alcohol entering my system.

Any advice or suggestions? Thanks!

Mr. Elway
10-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Sounds like a horrible experience.

Peoples Champ
10-07-2009, 08:29 AM
I have done case races before, one even on a 6 hour float trip, so I might be able to help.

I didnt know you could choose your beer, if you can, your right, MGD is the best because its almost water, and its least filling.

If they make you all drink the same beer to even the competition, then my best advice is to make BURPING your number one priority. Drink as much as you can until you have to burp real bad. Stop drinking right away when you have that burp sensation. Wait until you get it out, then you will be able to drink fast again.

Many people will try to push that Burp envelop, and that causes them to vomit.

Find your Burp medium, and ride that to the finish line.

Peoples Champ
10-07-2009, 08:31 AM
oh and watch beerfest the movie, train at altitude, and drink Deer urine.

Rigs11
can you use any props? Beer bong?

gyldenlove
If you don't care for your personal comfort here is what you do:

Don't eat anything and don't drink anything for about 6 hours or so before the drink. Then once you sit down, you drink 9 or 10 bottles by either using a funnel or simply upending them all in rapid succession, you can easily fit that amount of beer and you should be able to drink that amount within a few minutes at most. Go to the washroom and stick your finger down your throat, you will puke and empty your stomach, then go back and drink the remaining beer. It won't feel nice or taste nice but you can do it in less than 5 minutes and that is it.

The old record for drinking 13 pints of various liquids is less than 3 minutes including puking time so 20 bottles should be doable in less than 5 if you ahve a bucket near by.

Kaylore
10-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Don't.

ak1971
10-07-2009, 08:33 AM

Don't eat anything and don't drink anything for about 6 hours or so before the drink. Then once you sit down, you drink 9 or 10 bottles by either using a funnel or simply upending them all in rapid succession, you can easily fit that amount of beer and you should be able to drink that amount within a few minutes at most. Go to the washroom and stick your finger down your throat, you will puke and empty your stomach, then go back and drink the remaining beer. It won't feel nice or taste nice but you can do it in less than 5 minutes and that is it.

The old record for drinking 13 pints of various liquids is less than 3 minutes including puking time so 20 bottles should be doable in less than 5 if you ahve a bucket near by.

Awesome just awesome.

Broncobiv
10-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Oops, I forgot one important rule: Throwing up = disqualification!

And I do not believe props such as beer bongs are allowed. However, I assume shotgunning is...but since it's a bit more of a marathon than a sprint, I don't even think that would help much.

So as far as what I should eat during the day, how much, and when, any ideas about that?

Peoples Champ
10-07-2009, 08:36 AM

that is sweet

Jason in LA
10-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Sounds like a horrible experience.

Same thing I thought. ;D

Peoples Champ
10-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Oops, I forgot one important rule: Throwing up = disqualification!

And I do not believe props such as beer bongs are allowed. However, I assume shotgunning is...but since it's a bit more of a marathon than a sprint, I don't even think that would help much.

So as far as what I should eat during the day, how much, and when, any ideas about that?

Dont know about what kind of food, but I would say make sure its all digested. No way try to do it even being close to full

Beantown Bronco
10-07-2009, 08:44 AM
oh and watch beerfest the movie, train at altitude, and drink Deer urine.

As an alternative, Rev told me that you can replace deer urine with unicorn jizz.

Beantown Bronco
10-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Oh, and stock up on these.

http://www.doublechaser.com/best.htm

Saved my life during a long weekend bachelor party in Montreal.....among other times.

TailgateNut
10-07-2009, 08:48 AM
I heard some stupid **** in my life, but this one has to go to the front of the line.

80smith
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
This is what you do.... You sit and enjoy the case race and watch eveyone else do it. Then, when its all over with, you NOW have your choice of free beer cause I'm sure that there will not be alot of people drinking afterwards and if its the money that you are after, then when the winners pass out....... free money!:thumbs:

chanesaw
10-07-2009, 08:56 AM
80% of the alcohol is absorbed by the small intestine, and only 20% through the stomach, so even if Pepto can coat your stomach and stop the diffusion of alcohol into the blood there (which I doubt it can), a higher concentration would just diffuse into the blood through the small intestine. So save the belly space and skip the Pepto.

azbroncfan
10-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Don't.

Of course the board morman pipes in.

You have been given some pretty good advice and I can't give you any because I don't do drinking contests anymore. The choice on beer is a good one. I would coat my stomach with something soft and not heavy or filling or you are going to get puky real quick.

TheDave
10-07-2009, 09:05 AM
don't.

+1

Bronco Boy
10-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Eat a bunch of pretzels beforehand.

underrated29
10-07-2009, 09:37 AM
relax the jaw, open the throat.

And dont forget to cup the balls.

See you will never win with those thin little bird lips.

ak1971
10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
ask Pat Bowlen.....I hear he's a guttless drunk

Irish Stout
10-07-2009, 09:57 AM
BIGGEST TIP ON BEER CHUGGING:
DO NOT HAVE ICE COLD BEER!

DO NOT HAVE BREAD OR PASTA IN YOUR BELLY AT DRINK TIME! Eat a decent breakfast, eat a light lunch with easily digestable foods. If you are hungry about two hours out, eat a taco bell bean burrito... but only half.

Take your first beer slow. The problems can occur from beer one if you have an empty stomach and you are slamming it back, let the beer pour down nice and easy, it will get you warmed up for the next several that are coming. If you slam #1 you will have put a shock on your sytem from the outset, its like stretching before a run. After #1, set a pace for yourself thats not wildly fast, but not slow. Perhaps half a beer at a time... all depends on your confidence.

Cold beer and slamming #1 will tighten up your esophaugus and hurt the belly.

I also recommend standing for beer chugging.

Beantown Bronco
10-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Here's some advice....make sure you choose a female partner with no gag reflex. Preferably a "pro". Then make her drink 20 or so of them.

TheReverend
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Serious:

In the morning, chug water till you vomit. It will expand your stomach.

Have a nice big greasy breakfast, a lighter lunch, and nothing else. That way you won't be too full to put em down.

Any chance you can get a dude to be your partner instead? I've won 2/2 of these contests (Keystone Ice and PBR...), but always had a guy partner that carried his weight.

TheReverend
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
As an alternative, Rev told me that you can replace deer urine with unicorn jizz.

Also, this.

Broncobiv
10-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Any chance you can get a dude to be your partner instead? I've won 2/2 of these contests (Keystone Ice and PBR...), but always had a guy partner that carried his weight.
Nope. I think requiring it to be guy+girl is part of the "fun" and challenge.

Any idea approximately how long it should take for the first place team to finish? Are we talking an hour, 2, 3?

TailgateNut
10-07-2009, 11:36 AM
but always had a guy partner that carried his weight.

^goes with the "territory"

gyldenlove
10-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Try this one on for size:

Drink a half pint of cream and a teaspoon of green food coloring just before downing the first beer, then quickly drink another half pint of cream and then down another beer and sit back and let the magic unfold.

http://www.taagekammeret.dk/Billeder/index.php

Click any of the years and look for bodycrashing, you should find some decent picture somewhere of how it looks a few seconds later as the cream violently expands and comes back out.

University education, you just won't find competitive puking anywhere else.

gyldenlove
10-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Nope. I think requiring it to be guy+girl is part of the "fun" and challenge.

Any idea approximately how long it should take for the first place team to finish? Are we talking an hour, 2, 3?

Are you allowed to vomit after you have finished all the beers or do you have to hold them for a while?

Beantown Bronco
10-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Here's the best piece of advice I can give you. Find this girl in the pink sweater:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6E3iNrAB60&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6E3iNrAB60&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

delany
10-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Here's the best piece of advice I can give you. Find this girl in the pink sweater:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6E3iNrAB60&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6E3iNrAB60&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

She has some skills.....but I would rather lose with the chica on her right.

Hogan11
10-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Oh, and stock up on these.

http://www.doublechaser.com/best.htm

Saved my life during a long weekend bachelor party in Montreal.....among other times.

I'd approach these with caution. I've field tested these things several times in the past and more often than not, they haven't worked for me.

ghwk
10-07-2009, 04:38 PM
I hope you have a cash reserve set up for the potential trip to the ER. That's always fun after one of these and cheap too. This contest = drink fast, puke hard, feel like s**t for the weekend. Awesome!! Who gets your stuff if you die?

Broncobiv
10-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Are you allowed to vomit after you have finished all the beers or do you have to hold them for a while?
Since there's no puking allowed during the contest, I assume the winner will have to hold it for at least 10 or 15 minutes afterwards. But then again, if you can do that, it's probably not coming back up anyway.

Broncobiv
10-07-2009, 10:43 PM
I hope you have a cash reserve set up for the potential trip to the ER. That's always fun after one of these and cheap too. This contest = drink fast, puke hard, feel like s**t for the weekend. Awesome!! Who gets your stuff if you die?
I'm not too worried. First of all, 2 people get to split the 30-pack. Let's say I drink 18 of them (since my partner is a girl). Secondly, the beer I chose is only 2.8% alcohol. 18 of those is more like 12 cans of Miller Lite. I can handle a 12-pack.

Doggcow
10-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Sounds like you're trying to cheat to me...

Beantown Bronco
10-08-2009, 08:03 AM
I'd approach these with caution. I've field tested these things several times in the past and more often than not, they haven't worked for me.

"More often than not" means they did work for you at least some of the time. And the other times, it's not like they made you MORE hungover. Right?

The only time they can in any way hurt you is if you actively decide to drink more after taking them because you feel like they'll make you invincible. Since he's already committed to doing this challenge, that won't be the case, so I don't see the harm.

Hogan11
10-08-2009, 08:43 AM
"More often than not" means they did work for you at least some of the time. And the other times, it's not like they made you MORE hungover. Right?

The only time they can in any way hurt you is if you actively decide to drink more after taking them because you feel like they'll make you invincible. Since he's already committed to doing this challenge, that won't be the case, so I don't see the harm.

Since you have to down full glasses of water everytime you take the things, I feel it's a bit of a ripoff. You can easily get the full effect of the pills simply by drinking water, which not only will inhibit the amount of alcohol you'll be able to drink but will keep you hydrated as well equalling no hangover.

It's a placebo effect, which is worth spending money on if it works for you, I suppose. I'd rather spend that cash on more beer myself and if I really wanna get rid of a hangover I can't tough out in the AM, pop a Dexitrim Max and it's gone in 45 minutes tops (though I'd never recommend doing that to anyone)

TheReverend
10-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Since you have to down full glasses of water everytime you take the things, I feel it's a bit of a ripoff. You can easily get the full effect of the pills simply by drinking water, which not only will inhibit the amount of alcohol you'll be able to drink but will keep you hydrated as well equalling no hangover.

It's a placebo effect, which is worth spending money on if it works for you, I suppose. I'd rather spend that cash on more beer myself and if I really wanna get rid of a hangover I can't tough out in the AM, pop a Dexitrim Max and it's gone in 45 minutes tops (though I'd never recommend doing that to anyone)

Uhhhh, here's the ingredients list:

Thiamin mononitrate15mg
Riboflavin 17mg
Niacin (Niacinmide) 200mg
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) 10mg
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 60mcg
Pantothenic Acid (D-calcium pantothenate)25mg
Chromium chloride 200mcg
Proprietary Herbal Blend 300mg
Green tea & Oolong tea standardized leaf extracts
Asian ginseng root 250mg

Yeah, watch out guys. You don't want to take too many vitamins and green tea extract as a pseudo "fat burner"... /facepalm

Beantown Bronco
10-08-2009, 09:58 AM

Not true. Where are you getting this? Maybe you are thinking of another product.

It says both on the website and the packaging of the pills themselves that you start taking them with your first alcoholic drink and then pop them again a few hours later as you continue drinking alcohol. No water is required or even recommended to achieve results.

Hogan11
10-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Not true. Where are you getting this? Maybe you are thinking of another product.

It says both on the website and the packaging of the pills themselves that you start taking them with your first alcoholic drink and then pop them again a few hours later as you continue drinking alcohol. No water is required or even recommended to achieve results.

Directions
(Per drinking session): Take two caplets with your first drink. For best results, take two more caplets every two to three hours (or five to six drinks) thereafter. To prevent dehydration from alcohol drink plenty of water or sports drinks.

That's where I get it from....from the directions themselves. Since dehydration is the main thing, you're drinking a lot of water with these in order to obtain the best results. You can do that without the pills and get the same result, but whatever melts your butter.

gyldenlove
10-08-2009, 12:24 PM

Taking advantage of vague rules is not cheating.

Broncobiv
10-08-2009, 06:54 PM

Taking advantage of vague rules is not cheating.
Exactly. I mean, the rules aren't even vague. You must drink a 30-pack of the beer of your choice. I'm simply choosing to drink the weakest 30-pack on the market!

I'm off to go to this contest/party in about an hour. I don't know if I'll be in posting-condition when I get back home, but if I am, I'll give an update!

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Hogan11
10-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Best of luck to you

Beantown Bronco
10-09-2009, 06:19 AM
Anyone placing any bets on when and if Broncobiv wakes up this morning? At home or in a hospital? Over/under on how many beers he and his partner each downed?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Broncobiv
10-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Update time!

There were 4 teams competing. I was using the method of drinking from a big cup that held 2 beers at a time. Much easier to drink from a cup than have the beer glug out of a can.

My partner puked after finishing 6 beers. She apparently could not handle the foam buildup properly. :hitself: By that point, I had finished 10. I was allowed to continue, she was disqualified.

A girl on one of the other teams basically quit because she was full and tired. :Whaaaa!: So that left me against 2 other pairs.

Fast-forward, it's down to me and one other team in the late 20's of our 30 packs. We were tied at 28. I filled up my cup with beers #29 and 30. I knew I had to drink fast or else the 2 of them would finish before me. So unfortunately, I was not able to properly control the foam buildup in my stomach. Halfway through my last cup...yep...I puked. :cuss:

So I finished 23 beers, my team finished 29 total. Sooooo close!! If she hadn't puked so early, we had that thing in the bag, no problem.

It was fun, and I appreciate all of the support (or otherwise) from the people in here!

supermanhr9
10-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I have done case races before, one even on a 6 hour float trip, so I might be able to help.

I didn't know you could choose your beer, if you can, your right, MGD is the best because its almost water, and its least filling.

If they make you all drink the same beer to even the competition, then my best advice is to make BURPING your number one priority. Drink as much as you can until you have to burp real bad. Stop drinking right away when you have that burp sensation. Wait until you get it out, then you will be able to drink fast again.

Many people will try to push that Burp envelop, and that causes them to vomit.

Find your Burp medium, and ride that to the finish line.

I was a part of this case race, we dominated. However we really didn't have any competition, and I'm pretty sure we ended up drinking their beer too.

My advice on this journey you are about to set out on is make sure the beer is cold. Don't worry about medicine or food, just make sure the stuff you're drinking is tasty and cold, then even if you lose, you still win.

Also, MGD64 has got to be the worst decision ever. Personally it's easy to slam beer the drunker I get, so drinking a beer that is keeping me sober longer is about as handicapping as dry humping is, waste of time.

Good Luck, and remember, not-burping leads to puking like farting leads to pooping.

Irish Stout
10-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Update time!

There were 4 teams competing. I was using the method of drinking from a big cup that held 2 beers at a time. Much easier to drink from a cup than have the beer glug out of a can.

My partner puked after finishing 6 beers. She apparently could not handle the foam buildup properly. :hitself: By that point, I had finished 10. I was allowed to continue, she was disqualified.

A girl on one of the other teams basically quit because she was full and tired. :Whaaaa!: So that left me against 2 other pairs.

Fast-forward, it's down to me and one other team in the late 20's of our 30 packs. We were tied at 28. I filled up my cup with beers #29 and 30. I knew I had to drink fast or else the 2 of them would finish before me. So unfortunately, I was not able to properly control the foam buildup in my stomach. Halfway through my last cup...yep...I puked. :cuss:

So I finished 23 beers, my team finished 29 total. Sooooo close!! If she hadn't puked so early, we had that thing in the bag, no problem.

It was fun, and I appreciate all of the support (or otherwise) from the people in here!

Suck. 23 beers is a lot for one stomach. Maybe if you do another one you can open beers before you start drinking so that they are less carbonated by the time you get to them.

And your partner sucked! If you are ever doing it again with male or female partner and their ability to carry their weight is questionable, then make sure they just go slow to stay in the game while you are the driving force of the team.

Majik
10-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Update time!

Damn that sucks!! How long did it take you to finish your 23 beers?

Broncobiv
10-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Damn that sucks!! How long did it take you to finish your 23 beers?
I finished them in a bit under 2.5 hours.

HILife
10-14-2009, 08:39 AM

Pass

HILife
10-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Here's some advice....make sure you choose a female partner with no gag reflex. Preferably a "pro". Then make her drink 20 or so of them.

I got a few if you need some, at a discount, of course. Nothing but the best for a fellow Broncos fan.

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2008/198/d/0/A_pimp_named_Slickback_by_legoman.jpg

ssgtwc1
10-18-2009, 10:57 AM
I heard some stupid **** in my life, but this one has to go to the front of the line.

About as smart as watching the movie "What about Bob" and taking a drink every time the word Bob was said.

That hurt