PDA

View Full Version : Braylon to the Jets

Hercules Rockefeller
10-07-2009, 05:24 AM
Per Schefter, no other details yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538498

Vladimir
10-07-2009, 05:29 AM
If he can get on the same page as Sanchez soon they could really become a scary team.

Killericon
10-07-2009, 05:35 AM
I think a Jets-Giants Superbowl would be a lot of fun...

BroncoInSkinland
10-07-2009, 05:40 AM
Poor Browns, and they looked so promising in '07. Story of the franchise though I guess.

cmhargrove
10-07-2009, 05:41 AM
WOW, that was a fast trade.

Mangini better have cleaned up, or his ass is one the hot seat for getting rid of their only #1 receiver on a needy offense.

WOW.

Man-Goblin
10-07-2009, 05:50 AM
Lebron said either he goes, or I go.

jhat01
10-07-2009, 05:53 AM
If he can get on the same page as Sanchez soon they could really become a scary team.

He's still got to catch the ball. He's got hands like Roberto Duran.

BroncoInSkinland
10-07-2009, 05:59 AM

I'm not a big basketball guy, but i get the feeling Lebron is going anyways.

Killericon
10-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Per Peter King twitter:

Two draft picks, neither higher than a third(Apparently a 3rd and a 5th), plus Chansi Stuckey and special teams ace Jason Trusnik, for Edwards.

Ramathorn
10-07-2009, 06:03 AM
Trade terms: Braylon Edwards for Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnik and two picks thought to be a 3rd and 5th-round pick.8 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/4681331483) from UberTwitter (http://ubertwitter.com/)

SouthStndJunkie
10-07-2009, 06:06 AM
It was time for Braylon Edwards to get out of Cleveland.

dbfan4life
10-07-2009, 06:06 AM
The Browns got the best of that trade.

Cmac821
10-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Hope he starts I got him in Fantasy and I have Sanchez. Come on Edwards!

Beantown Bronco
10-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Are we supposed to believe the timing of this is just a coincidence? Just hours after Crabtree comes to an agreement with the 9ers and can no longer be "tampered with"? Interesting.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-07-2009, 06:17 AM
Browns made out on that, actually.

Stuckey's not that bad and those are 2 decent picks for a guy that can't catch.

Punisher
10-07-2009, 06:19 AM
So punch L. James Friend in the face equal Traded to Better with Playoff aspirations? I think Braylon punch L.J friend not because he was mad at James because he was thinking about a career move.

lex
10-07-2009, 06:23 AM

Does that mean the Knicks and Nets no longer have a shot at Lebron in 2010?

bronco militia
10-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Are we supposed to believe the timing of this is just a coincidence? Just hours after Crabtree comes to an agreement with the 9ers and can no longer be "tampered with"? Interesting.

that's the first thing I thought too

chazoe60
10-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Good. Now when Lebron signs with the Knicks Edwards can still beat up his friends.

Dukes
10-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Good for Edwards. Cleveland going nowhere. Ever.

cmhargrove
10-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Anyone want to take some bets about Edwards becoming a star now that he's out of Cleveland?

I bet this is the start of the most productive part of his career.

s0phr0syne
10-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Mangenius taking a page from the McD/Bowlen book. It remains to be seen if he can reproduce the success in its aftermath.

Popcorn Sutton
10-07-2009, 07:06 AM

Interesting thought. One that popped in my head was the hug heard around the league. The Jets were definitely keeping a watchful eye on the Brandon Marshall situation in Denver and after the "hug" they clearly felt it was time to move in a different direction. Who knows but it is interesting timing.

Garcia Bronco
10-07-2009, 07:20 AM
The Jets are an annoying kid brother. They always want what you have.

no-pseudo-fan
10-07-2009, 08:01 AM
a 3rd and a 5th. The Browns are dumb.

Rock Chalk
10-07-2009, 08:12 AM

A 3rd and a 5th and two players for a guy with hands of stone that wore out his welcome in Cleveland and you think the Browns are dumb?

meangene
Mangina has lost that team but, Edwards had checked out before he even got there. Good deal for the Browns considering Edwards is now in his second year of non-production, his contact is up, and he is an ass. Clowney could surprise down the road. Let's face it - Cleveland is now a rebuilding team and it is smart to get what you can for guys that don't figure to be part of the future there. Wonder if Rogers goes before the trade deadline?

Smiling Assassin27
Jets got raped on this one.

broncofan2438
10-07-2009, 08:13 AM
I think a Jets-Giants Superbowl would be a lot of fun...

I think Broncos Saints would be even better

bronco militia
10-07-2009, 08:14 AM
good trade for the browns..

too bad they are still the Browns

Old Dude
10-07-2009, 08:17 AM
He'd be out of Cleveland at the end of the year anyway. He's already said so. The nightclub incident was probably the last straw.

By contrast, imagine how we'd feel if (1) we were 0-4, (2) Brandon Marshall was arrested for yet another incident and (3) was already adamant that no amount of money could keep him in Denver next year.

Would we take a 3rd a 5th and a couple of prospect players?

We'd probably just take what we could get, which is what Cleveland is doing.

UberBroncoMan
10-07-2009, 08:17 AM

Yeah... for a 1st rounder that actually had 1 really good year they got owned.

Still he was done after this year... so at least they got something.

It would suck to be Patriot fan right now to know they have a threat at WR.

If he learns how to take the game serious and not drop balls, watch out.

Rock Chalk
10-07-2009, 08:23 AM
He'd be out of Cleveland at the end of the year anyway. He's already said so. The nightclub incident was probably the last straw.

By contrast, imagine how we'd feel if (1) we were 0-4, (2) Brandon Marshall was arrested for yet another incident and (3) was already adamant that no amount of money could keep him in Denver next year.

The only problem with that is Brandon is WORTH at least a 1st and a 2nd. Braylon isn't worth more than what they got for him.

Id be PISSED at McD if we gave up what the Jets did for Edwards. He isn't worth that so in the end the Browns didn't just get what they could, they completely raped the Jets IMO.

Dagmar
10-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Genuine LOL,Crabtree has his thunder stolen by Edwards!

SoDak Bronco
10-07-2009, 09:10 AM
A guy in my Fantasy league dropped him yesterday, so I grabbed him off waivers just for the hell of it. Then he gets traded today, I think I am going to make out pretty good with Braylon as my backup. He should be pretty good with Sanchez going to him.

s0phr0syne
10-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Mangina has lost that team but, Edwards had checked out before he even got there. Good deal for the Browns considering Edwards is now in his second year of non-production, his contact is up, and he is an ass. Clowney could surprise down the road. Let's face it - Cleveland is now a rebuilding team and it is smart to get what you can for guys that don't figure to be part of the future there. Wonder if Rogers goes before the trade deadline?

Agree that Clowney might be good sometime, but I just kept waiting to see what he would do this preseason, and it seemed like he was a non-factor. However, the Browns got Stuckey from the Jets, and he was actually the player that showed up in this preseason. We'll see where this goes, but doubt he can be the same force that Braylon might be if he gets his head on straight.

BroncoBuff
10-07-2009, 09:21 AM

Good eval.

Popps
10-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Hope he starts I got him in Fantasy and I have Sanchez. Come on Edwards!

Thanks for the update.

bronco militia
10-07-2009, 09:26 AM
in related Jets news:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/NFL/Mark_Dirty_Sanchez.gif

One of the more head-scratching plays on Sunday was Mark Sanchez diving at the knees of lead blocker Jonathan Vilma on Darren Sharper’s 99-yard pick-six. Sanchez was the last Jet with a shot of making a tackle, so it’s unclear what exactly Sanchez had in mind besides destroying the knee ligaments of a franchise linebacker.

So congrats to Mark for living up to his Dirty Sanchez nickname. Let’s agree to call this move “the chimichanga.”

meangene
10-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Agree that Clowney might be good sometime, but I just kept waiting to see what he would do this preseason, and it seemed like he was a non-factor. However, the Browns got Stuckey from the Jets, and he was actually the player that showed up in this preseason. We'll see where this goes, but doubt he can be the same force that Braylon might be if he gets his head on straight.

Meant to say Stuckey but I do think Clowney could develop as well. No, I don't see Stuckey as a number 1 receiver but I don't think Edwards was ever going to be the player of '07 again in Cleveland either. I think the Jets are getting ahead of themselves with this trade. Yeah, they have had some nice early season wins but it is a long season and they have a rookie QB. I think they should have just been patient in trying to let these young receivers develop or wait until the draft. Cotchery is vastly underrated IMO as well. Edwards is a real hit or miss guy for them with some real attitude issues. They are built on defense and running the ball and this seems like a reach to me.

BroncoBuff
10-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Mangina has lost that team but, Edwards had checked out before he even got there.
Mangino has already lost the team, seriously?

Why'd they even hire that guy...

Hogan11
10-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Edwards is one of two WR's who lead the league in drops of catchable balls, his attitude sucked and the team has tanked. The Browns got rid of an albatross and actually got a decent return doing so.

Tombstone RJ
10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Knowing the Brown's luck, watch Braylon Edwards become the next unstoppable WR in the NFL.

Bronco Yoda
10-07-2009, 04:48 PM
"According to an NFL source, the Jets gave up draft picks in the third and fifth rounds in the deal, Schefter reported. The third-round pick is a conditional pick and could turn into a second-round pick if Edwards catches a certain number of passes this season. That is said to be a high number, but if Edwards, the No. 3 pick in the 2005 draft, lights it up in New York the way the Jets are hoping, the Browns then would get a second-round pick in return.

This is the second major deal Mangini has struck with the Jets, who fired him in January after three years as their head coach. On draft day, Mangini sent them the No. 5 pick, which they used to draft Sanchez."

Mangini has done way more for the Jets as an ex-coach than he ever did as the Jet's coach. He's like the Jimmy Carter of coaching...

meangene
10-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Mangino has already lost the team, seriously?

Why'd they even hire that guy...

I have no idea why they hired him! He wasn't high on many lists - that's for sure.

Drek
10-07-2009, 07:00 PM
I have no idea why they hired him! He wasn't high on many lists - that's for sure.

Supposedly he was the only guy they seriously interviewed.

Some franchises are stupid and keep making the same mistakes. Cleveland is a good example. This is the second former Pats D-coord they've ran through the HC job, neither one was given full play calling privileges while working for Belichick. The Cleeve brings them in and gives them near full autonomy though.

Some people couldn't see the difference between Mangini and McDaniels, thats the real funny thing. McDaniels took on every aspect of coaching the Patriots offense over his time as OC, and their offense sputtering this year is likely mostly due to not having him calling the plays. Yet since Belichick was a defensive coach everyone has kept trying to snipe their defensive guys, who're the equivalent of Belichick's personal assistants, not guys running part of a football team.