PDA

View Full Version : Michael Crabtree a 9'er ...

TDmvp
10-07-2009, 03:07 AM
per espn...

they should walk away with the nfc west with or without him.

cutthemdown
10-07-2009, 04:14 AM
What a joke. He loses all that time for what? Probably no better a deal then they offered 4 weeks ago.

What a tool.

UberBroncoMan
10-07-2009, 04:18 AM
He was always a complete idiot. His worthless POS agent is no better.

Dagmar
10-07-2009, 05:05 AM
In the world of the NFL all will be forgotten if/when he starts producing. Sad truth.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Just like Kirwan said it would happen -- 6 year deal, and no reward for holding out. I'm glad this guy finally woke up to reality, and especially glad the niners didn't cave.

Killericon
10-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Wonder how loud the booing will be.

This is the perfect ending, though.

hades
10-07-2009, 05:30 AM
At least they (Niners) are winning, so they have more power than they would have, say a year or two ago. Screw him, he'll turn into another Ashlie Lelie

jhat01
10-07-2009, 05:55 AM
If the 9ers were 1 and 3 right now and not looking very good, he doesn't sign. Winning has a way of changing peoples minds.

Punisher
10-07-2009, 06:09 AM
They should use that Money on P. Willis and all of those guys that step up an deserve it, Crabtree isn't a team player hes a "ME" player.

Beantown Bronco
10-07-2009, 06:14 AM
Just like Kirwan said it would happen -- 6 year deal, and no reward for holding out. I'm glad this guy finally woke up to reality, and especially glad the niners didn't cave.

How do we KNOW it's not for more money than they originally offered? Last night, espn's articles said that the Niners were supposedly on record as saying they might consider altering their original offer to get it done overnight.

barryr
10-07-2009, 06:36 AM
Holding out was clearly a stupid move and didn't gain him a thing. It is questionable how much help he can provide the 49ers, unless he's been studying the playbook all this time, which is doubtful.

Dukes
10-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Where's Rasta to talk about how Greedy he is?

jhns
10-07-2009, 06:59 AM
After all of this he better be a special player. I will laugh pretty hard if he turns into a bust. Of course, he will laugh back as he looks at his bank account.

baja
10-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Stories like this is why I love the "Do your job", smart, lunch bucket type football players Josh is bringing to Denver. It is so much easier to get behind a team made up of guys that love the game to whom winning matters and they sell out for their team mates. So much more fun to watch too.

mr007
10-07-2009, 07:12 AM

Agreed, Eugene Parker is a freakin' moron.

All the more reason for NFL to start following the NBA in terms of draft.

Don Flamenco
10-07-2009, 07:13 AM
At least they (Niners) are winning, so they have more power than they would have, say a year or two ago. Screw him, he'll turn into another Ashlie Lelie

Ashley actually works out at my gym. He says he wants to be a professional boxer. The guy can't dance and has no rhythm whatsoever. Kinda surprising for a once professional football player

mr007
10-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Wonder how loud the booing will be.

This is the perfect ending, though.

Once he scores a TD, all will be forgotten.

DeuceOfClub
10-07-2009, 07:19 AM
On draft day everyone laughed at Al Davis, but so far after 4 games DHB has got 4 more catches and 25 more yards than Crabtree.

Who's laughing now?

DBroncos4life
10-07-2009, 07:23 AM
On draft day everyone laughed at Al Davis, but so far after 4 games DHB has got 4 more catches and 25 more yards than Crabtree.

Who's laughing now?

Oh how ever will he catch him. :rofl:

The Joker
10-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Does Crabtree lose money for having missed the first four games?

Disappointing that he's signed, would have been sweet watching the 9ers make the playoffs without him then seeing his dumb ass slip to Round 2 and getting drafted by Oakland next year.

TheDave
10-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Just when you thought it couldn't get any weirder...

Here comes the Hammer?

Posted by Mike Florio on October 6, 2009 11:20 PM ET
As we continue to wait for a puff of white smoke to emerge from a Bay Area chimney, a pair of really big gold pants has been raised up the flag pole.

Per Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, aging and largely irrelevant '90s rap star M.C. Hammer was present (http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco) for Tuesday's meeting between receiver Michael Crabtree and the 49ers.

So for the first time since Master P handled the negotiations of Ricky Williams' rookie contract with the Saints, an entertainer apparently is trying to get his fingerprints onto an NFL deal.

It wouldn't be Hammer's first flirtation with the NFL. Way back in '91, he was a derby-and-cane fixture at Falcons games, at the behest of cornerback Deion Sanders.

They later collaborated on a song, "Straight to My Feet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM7vqqS8jSI)."

And Maiocco recalls that Hammer lived in Deion's Fremont, California mansion in 1994, his only season with the 49ers.

Sanders, of course, was represented by Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker, and Sanders has injected himself into the middle of the present mess by suggesting that multiple teams had tampered with Crabtree by offering him twice the money that the 49ers had placed on the table.

It's unclear what Hammer's role, if any, might be. But Maiocco points out that an employee at the hotel where the meeting occurred said that Crabtree was heard telling Hammer, "Get it done."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/06/here-comes-the-hammer/

uplink
10-07-2009, 01:33 PM

Who's laughing now?

I know this is sarcasm but anyway Crabtree will be there for six years making Al look like an idiot. The guy will be dominant and DHB will be average at best.

Orange_Beard
10-07-2009, 02:30 PM
My feeling is that this will be his one and only NFL contract. He should get all he can.

Beantown Bronco
10-07-2009, 06:40 PM
What a joke. He loses all that time for what? Probably no better a deal then they offered 4 weeks ago.

What a tool.

Holding out was clearly a stupid move and didn't gain him a thing.

Agreed, Eugene Parker is a freakin' moron.

Looks like a lot of people were jumping the gun on this one before they waited for all the facts. Turns out this was a better deal, his agent did his job well, Crabtree was rewarded for holding out, the 9ers did cave, it wasn’t a stupid move and it did gain him significant money....both up front and potential long term $.

Old deal:

Five years and $20 million, with $16 million guaranteed.

New deal:

$17 million guaranteed from the 49ers in a six-year deal that has a base value of $32 million and a maximum value of $40 million. Crabtree's contract voids to five years if he has Pro Bowl seasons in two of the first four years. In that case, the base value would be $28 million.

uplink
10-07-2009, 07:01 PM
$17 million guaranteed from the 49ers in a six-year deal that has a base value of $32 million and a maximum value of $40 million. Crabtree's contract voids to five years if he has Pro Bowl seasons in two of the first four years. In that case, the base value would be $28 million.

Hammer hit the nail on the head. Wonder if player agent will be his new gig.