tsiguy96
10-06-2009, 07:50 PM
this is very fair spot to put us.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=5

Broncoman13
10-06-2009, 07:59 PM
this is very fair spot to put us.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=5

Can't argue with 8th. Can't argue with who is ahead of us either. I thin we're somewhere in the top 10. Looking forward to how this team reacts when there is some adversity. I think they'll pass the test, and for me that will be a bigger deal than starting the season 4-0. Everybody is always happy and easy to get along with when you're winning... lose a couple and still have the good attitude will go a long way toward proving that we're a completely different (and better) managed team.

Oh and CBSSPortsline.com has us at #5.

Spider
10-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Meh ....... I wont argue with where we are , but as I keep saying 60 minutes of football = damn hard to beat

tsiguy96
10-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Can't argue with 8th. Can't argue with who is ahead of us either. I thin we're somewhere in the top 10. Looking forward to how this team reacts when there is some adversity. I think they'll pass the test, and for me that will be a bigger deal than starting the season 4-0. Everybody is always happy and easy to get along with when you're winning... lose a couple and still have the good attitude will go a long way toward proving that we're a completely different (and better) managed team.

Oh and CBSSPortsline.com has us at #5.

the teams ahead of us have played solid football, though our defense has been far better than anyone else in the league, the offense still has to show it can carry a game if the defense gives.

HAT
10-06-2009, 08:04 PM
No they didn't.....One can make a case for Balty & NE being ahead of Denver, But no way no how should the NYJ be.

That being said....I wish they were still ranked 12-15.

OABB
10-06-2009, 08:06 PM
jets? don't think so...anyone notice we are the only undefeated team on this list under defeated teams?

I'll take 6th...

Broncoman13
10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Jets are more battle tested than us... I'm okay with the Jets being ahead of Denver at this point. Common opponent this weekend. Should tell the story.

baja
10-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Don't ya wish we had our first round pick instead of the Bears?

HAT
10-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Don't ya wish we had our first round pick instead of the Bears?

Hell no Baja.

I'll take late teens over late 20's ANY day!

:notworthy

orange skier
10-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Wow...he's got the squeelers down there pretty far....not much respect........ummmmm.........I like it..................

Crushisback
10-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Now the 49'ers are getting screwed!

ZONA
10-06-2009, 08:26 PM
All I know is if we beat NE, then I don't want to hear another damn word about battle tested or are we for real or anything like that. Don't care about rankings but starting to get sick of this talk about if we are fake or not. Even if we lose some close games in the coming weeks, this team has already proven they are for real and have to be reckoned with.

HAT
10-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Jets are more battle tested than us... I'm okay with the Jets being ahead of Denver at this point. Common opponent this weekend. Should tell the story.

I'm not. Denver's 4-0 record and PPG allowed should have them ahead of the NYJ no matter the competition.

However...The Jets are more of a surprise to me given a rookie QB so "Lex" Ryan absolutely should be leading Josh in any coach of the year type poll.

cutthemdown
10-06-2009, 08:39 PM
People care about these ranking way too much. They are fun to look at I guess but really mean nothing.

strafen
10-06-2009, 09:07 PM
I think we're better than the Jets. We should be at #5 by virtue of being undefeated, and owners of the leagues #1 defense

R8R H8R
10-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I think we're better than the Jets. We should be at #5 by virtue of being undefeated, and owners of the leagues #1 defense

I'm OK w/ any ranking in the top 10, because we deserve it. However, I have a problem w/ being ranked behind the jets by the virtue of thier rookie QB. He literally cost them the game last week w/ 2 pick 6's.

This is not going to be the last time he does that as they play better teams thru the season.

McDman
10-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm not. Denver's 4-0 record and PPG allowed should have them ahead of the NYJ no matter the competition.

However...The Jets are more of a surprise to me given a rookie QB so "Lex" Ryan absolutely should be leading Josh in any coach of the year type poll.

But were only scoring 19 ppg, that's not going to cut it against teams with great offenses.

HAT
10-06-2009, 09:28 PM
But were only scoring 19 ppg, that's not going to cut it against teams with great offenses.

True:

But just as I don't think they will maintain a 6.5 PPG against average....
I also don't think they will maintains a 19.8 PPG for average.

I've been meaning to make a thread about the points that this team has left on the field and why (IMO)....I was kind of saving it for that D-bag BF7 but I've got just enough coffee and beer in me to do it tonight. :thumbs:

strafen
10-06-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm OK w/ any ranking in the top 10, because we deserve it. However, I have a problem w/ being ranked behind the jets by the virtue of thier rookie QB. He literally cost them the game last week w/ 2 pick 6's.

This is not going to be the last time he does that as they play better teams thru the season.

East coast bias, that's all there is...

SureShot
10-06-2009, 09:31 PM
This isn't college who cares? Only one team wins its last game and that's all that matters.

Popps
10-06-2009, 09:37 PM
It's probably even a little generous. I think the Eagles and Packers would probably give us a difficult time. I'd peg us as a 10-15 ranked team right now, which isn't bad at all, considering.

In a few more weeks, even if we lose a couple games... we could improve enough offensively to increase in the rankings, imo. This is still a major work in progress, but the fact that it's gelled this quickly in many areas is a great accomplishment.

Again, two new systems... lots of rookies out there, etc. Just wait until guys like Eddie Royal and Ayers start feeling comfortable in their roles.

azbroncfan
10-06-2009, 09:40 PM
People care about these ranking way too much. They are fun to look at I guess but really mean nothing.

Ditto, I am waiting til after 8 games before I comment on how good I think the team is. I am way to used to Shanny's hot starts and late fades.

HAT
10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
It's probably even a little generous. I think the Eagles and Packers would probably give us a difficult time. I'd peg us as a 10-15 ranked team right now, which isn't bad at all, considering.

In a few more weeks, even if we lose a couple games... we could improve enough offensively to increase in the rankings, imo. This is still a major work in progress, but the fact that it's gelled this quickly in many areas is a great accomplishment.

Again, two new systems... lots of rookies out there, etc. Just wait until guys like Eddie Royal and Ayers start feeling comfortable in their roles.

I agree that Phlly should be ahead of Denver. Not GB though.

I know someone has a make your own PR thread somewhere but I'm too lazy to dig for it right now.

My current top 15....And really, you can make a case for any team in each group of 5 to be slotted somewhere else in that same group since the sample size is so small.

IND
NO
PHI
BAL
NYG
~~~~
MIN
NE
DEN
SF
NYJ
~~~~
ATL
GB
CHI
PIT
CIN

lex
10-06-2009, 10:22 PM
New England scored two TDs when their drive was extended because of questionable calls.

McDman
10-06-2009, 10:29 PM
True:

I've been meaning to make a thread about the points that this team has left on the field and why (IMO)....I was kind of saving it for that D-bag BF7 but I've got just enough coffee and beer in me to do it tonight. :thumbs:

I agree completely. I've been bringing it up a lot, but no one seems to take notice of our offensive woes.

We didn't do jack against the Bengals, we only put up 13 points through three quarters against the Browns, only 23 in the game against the Raiders, and 17 against the Cowboys.

IMO if we want to be an elite team we have to put more points up. Period. We've left so many on the field and we've gotten lucky or our defense has bailed us out.

I agree, we can't keep up a 6.5 average per game and we're eventually going to have to be able to win a shootout and right now I don't think we can do it.

Rock Chalk
10-06-2009, 10:44 PM

The Packers against our front seven? Rodgers would get killed.

Eagles....tough to call. Im not sure about that team yet.

Rock Chalk
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I agree completely. I've been bringing it up a lot, but no one seems to take notice of our offensive woes.

We didn't do jack against the Bengals, we only put up 13 points through three quarters against the Browns, only 23 in the game against the Raiders, and 17 against the Cowboys.

IMO if we want to be an elite team we have to put more points up. Period. We've left so many on the field and we've gotten lucky or our defense has bailed us out.

I agree, we can't keep up a 6.5 average per game and we're eventually going to have to be able to win a shootout and right now I don't think we can do it.

It is unlikely we maintain a 6.5 average. What seems more likely is that it drops to about a 4.2 average. :)

Seriously, the offense has improved. And it will continue to do so. I don't see why people are that worried about it. New offensive systems take longer to gel as they are more predicated on timing and comfort with QB/WR. The run game works, the QB-WR combo will come to its own. By midseason we will bump that average up to around 24 a game, by end of season I suspect it will be around 26-28 a game.

Thats plenty, especially if your defense is giving up half that.

Spider
10-06-2009, 10:58 PM
True:

No not true . if we only average 18 points a game , and hold other teams to 17 or less , math tells us thats a win ... high flying offenses are nothing compared to a power house defense .......... If Offenses were , Elway never loses a SB ......

HAT
10-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Seriously, the offense has improved. And it will continue to do so. I don't see why people are that worried about it. New offensive systems take longer to gel as they are more predicated on timing and comfort with QB/WR. The run game works, the QB-WR combo will come to its own. By midseason we will bump that average up to around 24 a game, by end of season I suspect it will be around 26-28 a game.

Thats plenty, especially if your defense is giving up half that.

Right...I've already touched on that I think it will get better once:

They gel, cut penalties, glove comes off, etc.

I wasn't even talking about those issues here though. That dick head bf7 is so wrapped up in the PPG being down this year and he wants to dis-include the Stokely deflection on top of that.

Well if he is going to cherry pick his stats on what ifs....I would add that:

1 point was left on the field vs. Cincy due to the (correct) 2PC call.
(situational)

6 points vs. CLE due to missed FG's
(Kickers miss, certainly not Orton's fault)

3-7 vs. OAK on the GL stand.
(penalty and play calling...they ran it all 5 times right? How is that on Orton?)

3 points vs. Dallas when they went for it on 4th and short from the 30. (playcalling...47 is certainly in Prater's range at home. Josh gambled and lost. Again not Orton's fault.)

If everything goes Denver's way, that's 17 points more that are in no way on Orton.....Or 96 total & 24 PPG.

Conservatively....Add the XP vs. Cincy, 1 of 2 FG's vs. CLE, Don't gamble & kick the chip shot vs. OAK, and kick the tying FG from 47 vs. Dallas and that is still an extra 10 points.....Or 89 total and 22.25 PPG.

Aren't what if's fun bf7? :wave:

HAT
10-06-2009, 11:16 PM
No not true . if we only average 18 points a game , and hold other teams to 17 or less , math tells us thats a win ... high flying offenses are nothing compared to a power house defense .......... If Offenses were , Elway never loses a SB ......

We must've got some wires crossed Spider....I have no problems with the offense so far. However, there is room for improvement and I think we will see it in the coming weeks.

I meant that both averages will go up as we move toward the mean.

This offense WILL get to 23 PPG by seasons end. Not sure about the D but I'd be ecstatic with somewhere around 17.

Kaylore
10-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Yay! Power rankings! What do we get when we win?

baja
10-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Yay! Power rankings! What do we get when we win?

a target for our backs

Kaylore
10-06-2009, 11:46 PM
a target for our backs

Booooo power rankings!

UberBroncoMan
10-07-2009, 04:05 AM
jets? don't think so...anyone notice we are the only undefeated team on this list under defeated teams?

I'll take 6th...

Jets beat the Pats and lost to a damn good Saints team... if we do the same (beat NE) we'll launch up.

TailgateNut
10-07-2009, 06:32 AM

^this is true

Broncoman13
10-07-2009, 07:26 AM

DING... Winner and good post (for once ;D).

Ayers is starting to settle down a bit. He made some plays on Sunday and he may be starting to turn the corner. Its a good point that guys like Eddie Royal and Peyton Hillis really haven't found their rhythm in this offense yet. When they do, I suspect we'll be even more dangerous. I hope that coach is going to those guys and telling them to keep pushing b/c sooner or later they're going to become a focal point in a game plan and they're going to help us win. Remember, win different each week and take advantage of what the defense/offense weaknesses are. I think this week will be more running and perhaps a bit of wildcat given the success Miami had last year.

TotallyScrewed
10-07-2009, 08:01 AM

Sensible...I agree with all your points (scary huh?)

broncosteven
10-07-2009, 10:07 AM

I wonder how they can rate the 0-4 teams, what I have seen from KFC they are bad on O but have scored points on D, is that why they are not 32nd?

I think the last 4 spots should be a tie for last as they are teh suck

Old Dude
10-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Up to #4 in this one:

http://www.opensports.com/community/user/blog_entry/266/68f6874d-35b5-40ac-ab5d-9012c61f630c

brncs_fan
10-08-2009, 03:16 PM
17 (17) Cowboys 2-2-0 Apparently, the Cowboys got confused. Jerry Jones called them "champs," but Tony Romo interpreted it by throwing toward Champ Bailey. (Clayton)

LOL

Bronco Yoda
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
NO!

Just keep showing us no respect.

It's better that way

Broncoman13
10-11-2009, 06:15 PM
DING... Winner and good post (for once ;D).

Ayers is starting to settle down a bit. He made some plays on Sunday and he may be starting to turn the corner. Its a good point that guys like Eddie Royal and Peyton Hillis really haven't found their rhythm in this offense yet. When they do, I suspect we'll be even more dangerous. I hope that coach is going to those guys and telling them to keep pushing b/c sooner or later they're going to become a focal point in a game plan and they're going to help us win. Remember, win different each week and take advantage of what the defense/offense weaknesses are. I think this week will be more running and perhaps a bit of wildcat given the success Miami had last year.

McNostradamus?