PDA

View Full Version : Jamarcus Russell-Fat,Dumb,and Lazy

SoDak Bronco
10-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Russell situation is worse than described
Posted by Mike Florio on October 6, 2009 12:51 PM ET

Boomer Esiason of CBS recently lifted the lid on the problems with Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell. Esiason said on Sunday's The NFL Today that Russell has been "fined heavily" for showing up late for multiple meetings, being overweight, and missing one meeting.

A league source tells us that it's even worse.

Per the source, Russell has missed multiple meetings, and that he has missed multiple other activities. His behavior has been described to us as a "pattern not an aberration."

It's a horrible development regarding Russell's, well, development. And it's surely not what coach Tom Cable had in mind when he said this in March: "If he can accept the responsibility of being an NFL quarterback, I think that's working more, working harder, working longer than everybody else, accepting the responsibility that his teammates look to him as the face of the organization, that he has to go above and beyond almost on a daily basis, I think that comes with that position, whether that's right or wrong, that's what it is. . . . If he can accept that and become that, he'll be fine. . . . I think thus far in the offseason he's been around more than ever. He was never around like this on his own, just watching tape, studying, so that's a step in the right direction. I think he has to embrace that, though, for him to be what he should be."

Clearly, Russell hasn't embraced the realities of his job. And so the question will be whether the Raiders are going to stay the course with Russell, or whether they're going to fix this mess before it gets even worse.

~Crash~
10-06-2009, 11:46 AM
cut him

Paladin
10-06-2009, 11:47 AM
And may the walking deadman "live on".......

jhat01
10-06-2009, 11:49 AM
cut him

exactly, or deactivate him for a few games to show you mean business. I think he can handle all of the fines that they give him. They've made him a very rich man.

no-pseudo-fan
10-06-2009, 12:01 PM
the raiders should keep him, play him and pay him. I hope that he starts for them for the next 10 years and that they draft many more players like him.

Man-Goblin
10-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Bitch, please. How can he have time to show up for meetings when he's busy buying sweet necklaces.

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/jamarcusbling.bmp

NFLBRONCO
10-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Al Davis called him the next Elway you can't cut him :)

_Oro_
10-06-2009, 12:09 PM
(see post 5)

Seriously? As much as I like winning, our division has turned to absolute crap and it kind of sucks. Everyone b*tches that we don't get respect... Well look at the crap division we're in, that certainly isn't going to help. Oh they're in the playoffs but they did it beating 3 last place teams (yeah I think SD is basically done too). Anyway, I much prefer the days of coming out on top of a bada** division. Beating SD when they were beating everyone else was great! Like when we used to shut down LT eventhough he was running wild on everyone else...

\rant

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Seriously? As much as I like winning, our division has turned to absolute crap and it kind of sucks. Everyone b*tches that we don't get respect... Well look at the crap division we're in, that certainly isn't going to help. Oh they're in the playoffs but they did it beating 3 last place teams (yeah I think SD is basically done too). Anyway, I much prefer the days of coming out on top of a bada** division. Beating SD when they were beating everyone else was great! Like when we used to shut down LT eventhough he was running wild on everyone else...

\rant
How do you think the Cardinals got to the Super Bowl? And the Seahawks before them! ;)

Tombstone RJ
10-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Russell needs to just keep doing what he's been doing. He's fine. Really, people are overreacting.

d bronx42
10-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Cheers to J-Bust being the starting QB in Oakland till Al Davis dies...

Rohirrim
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Doesn't matter what he does. Greasy Al wants him in there to throw deep to Cliff Branch.

That's what I love about the Raiders. ;D

TheDave
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else laugh at the irony of him choosing #2?

dbfan21
10-06-2009, 12:54 PM
the raiders should keep him, play him and pay him. I hope that he starts for them for the next 10 years and that they draft many more players like him.

this.

SoDak Bronco
10-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else laugh at the irony of him choosing #2?

He was Choosen #1 overall in the 07 draft...

Beantown Bronco
10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
He was Choosen #1 overall in the 07 draft...

He's talking about his jersey number.

ColoradoDarin
10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
He already got paid, you mean he has to work now to earn it? Screw that :)

loborugger
10-06-2009, 01:03 PM
(see post 5)

\rant

Who gives a **** if our division isnt respected? This isnt college football and we arent Boise State. How our competitors are viewed is irrelevant. Only wins and loses matter. Only fantasy geeks and power rating nerds give a crap about the status of our division. Besides, we play in the AFC. The road to the SB requires us (or any other AFC team) to beat the likes of the Steelers, Colts, and Pats to get there. Better we have a cushion so we can host those teams in the playoffs instead of traveling to their house in Jan. Let Oakland rot in the stimy festering sewer they live in. Let 'em stay like that for a thousand years. Its matter nothing to what Denver does or where Denver is going.

Mr.Meanie
10-06-2009, 01:04 PM
What does Russel care? He's got his $... he's just showing up enough not to have to repay the prorated portion of his signing bonus.

atomicbloke
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Imagine if the Raiders hadn't passed on Jay Cutler...

Taco John
10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
b****, please. How can he have time to show up for meetings when he's busy buying sweet necklaces.

Lucky!

cutthemdown
10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Imagine if the Raiders hadn't passed on Jay Cutler...

Yeah after he got pissed in his 3rd yr and was traded to the Bears Raiders fans would have been bummed.

Actually imagine if Raiders had signed Drew Brees like they talked about. Didn't pull the trigger.

Then they could have drafted Larry Fitzgerald.

cutthemdown
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Yep winning and losing in NFL can hinge on one or two good, or bad decisions.

Broncos were hurt bad by the Darryl Gardner fiasco, and the Al Wilson injury.

Now we score on a couple FA and score a good d coord and we get some good luck.

BroncoMan4ever
10-06-2009, 01:22 PM
(see post 5)

\rant

exactly, it is the same situation as the NFC West has been in for years. the Cardinals got very little notice last season until basically the NFC Championship game, because at the time the were just seen as the best of the NFC turd division.

i also miss the days when it was a dog fight til the end of the season in this division, when the worst team finished 8-8 or 9-7 and could probably kick the crap out of almost any other team in the league.

the AFC West used to be the toughest division in the NFL and the games used to be so much more fun to watch, because you knew it was going to be a war on the field, division games used to be hyped up all week, now we are just looking at our division games as just another game. there isn't anything special about them anymore.

as much as i hate to say it and regardless of how funny it has been to watch the decline of the Raiders and Chiefs, i like the NFL better when those 2 teams are competitive.

Black96WS6
10-06-2009, 01:28 PM
exactly, it is the same situation as the nfc west has been in for years. The cardinals got very little notice last season until basically the nfc championship game, because at the time the were just seen as the best of the nfc turd division.

I also miss the days when it was a dog fight til the end of the season in this division, when the worst team finished 8-8 or 9-7 and could probably kick the crap out of almost any other team in the league.

The afc west used to be the toughest division in the nfl and the games used to be so much more fun to watch, because you knew it was going to be a war on the field, division games used to be hyped up all week, now we are just looking at our division games as just another game. There isn't anything special about them anymore.

As much as i hate to say it and regardless of how funny it has been to watch the decline of the raiders and chiefs, i like the nfl better when those 2 teams are competitive.

x2

~Crash~
10-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Russell needs to just keep doing what he's been doing. He's fine. Really, people are overreacting.

Agreed but these guys seem to be pissing on them self with glee check back in four weeks when we have lost a 2 or 3 games they might have came back to earth .

AbileneBroncoFan
10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
exactly, it is the same situation as the NFC West has been in for years. the Cardinals got very little notice last season until basically the NFC Championship game, because at the time the were just seen as the best of the NFC turd division.

i also miss the days when it was a dog fight til the end of the season in this division, when the worst team finished 8-8 or 9-7 and could probably kick the crap out of almost any other team in the league.

the AFC West used to be the toughest division in the NFL and the games used to be so much more fun to watch, because you knew it was going to be a war on the field, division games used to be hyped up all week, now we are just looking at our division games as just another game. there isn't anything special about them anymore.

as much as i hate to say it and regardless of how funny it has been to watch the decline of the Raiders and Chiefs, i like the NFL better when those 2 teams are competitive.

I like the NFL better when we are winning against whoever we play and making Super Bowl runs. Sure, I hate the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders as much as everyone else, but I really don't give two ****s if they're good or not. If we're good then their fans can agonize watching us hoist Lombardis. If we're not good and they are, then the issue is about us not being where we should be. Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. Right now we're undefeated, so who cares if the Raiders are the worst team in the league or not. The only thing that matters to us about it is that it's freaking hilarious.

HEAV
10-06-2009, 02:03 PM
The day Al Davis is no longer part of the Raiders will be a sad day.....

for the rest of the AFC West!

Bronx33
10-06-2009, 02:48 PM
b****, please. How can he have time to show up for meetings when he's busy buying sweet necklaces.

That is so f***** stupid.

Los Broncos
10-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Keeping it real.

SoDak Bronco
10-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Javon Walker is gonna tear it up

loborugger
10-06-2009, 03:40 PM
http://messengerpuppet.blogharbor.com/_photos/animalhouse547.sized.jpeg

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

However, if you are the Raider's QB, feel free to live that way as long as you like.

24champ
10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
http://media.lvrj.com/images/2780533.jpg

Bronx33
10-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Another raider pick ruined BFR..

ColoradoDarin
10-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Javon Walker is gonna tear it up

His knee?

Br0nc0Buster
10-06-2009, 04:41 PM
The Raiders could have a roster that includes:

Jay Cutler
Larry Fitzgerald
Randy Moss
Adrian Peterson
Ryan Clady

instead they have:
Robert Gallery
Michael Huff
JeMarcus Russell
Darren McFadden
Fabian Washington

Good God they suck at drafting

uk bronco
10-06-2009, 05:19 PM
was talking about this today I think they should switch him to DE, he's certainly big enough is reasonably fast and strong could be a decent pass rusher

Bronx33
10-06-2009, 05:24 PM

Jay Cutler
Larry Fitzgerald
Randy Moss
Adrian Peterson
Ryan Clady

instead they have:
Robert Gallery
Michael Huff
JeMarcus Russell
Darren McFadden
Fabian Washington

Long live al davis and his iron fist of control!

Paladin
10-06-2009, 05:27 PM
(see post 5)

\rant

What? That's been way the Dolts and the (Boston) teams have been making legacies over the past five years.....

manchambo
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
I hope they do cut him. Then we can sign him and develop him as a NT.

NFLBRONCO
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM

Jay Cutler
Larry Fitzgerald
Randy Moss
Adrian Peterson
Ryan Clady

instead they have:
Robert Gallery
Michael Huff
JeMarcus Russell
Darren McFadden
Fabian Washington

This is downright scary thank goodness they suck at drafting.

PaintballCLE
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
lets not forget haward-bey

Popps
10-06-2009, 09:28 PM
russell needs to just keep doing what he's been doing. He's fine. Really, people are overreacting.

rofl!

Cito Pelon
10-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Dude is set for life. With judicious money management he can go on the Formula One tour for the rest of his days, and enact a trust fund for all of his kids to go on the F1 tour for the rest of their days.

jutang
10-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Janikowski is getting up their in age... Al needs to draft another kicker

baja
10-06-2009, 11:08 PM
exactly, or deactivate him for a few games to show you mean business. I think he can handle all of the fines that they give him. They've made him a very rich man.

Dudes got millions in the bank and he's stupid and lazy what the hell do you think deactivating him will do. Hell he'll just consider it an opportunity to eat something

baja
10-06-2009, 11:20 PM

Haven't you heard the new mantra around here winning is everything never mind a good game.

Clockwork Orange
10-07-2009, 01:46 AM
I can't tell you how big of a sigh of relief I let out when they passed on Calvin Johnson to take that lop of ****, Russell.

shakenbake
10-07-2009, 03:55 AM
I may be the only one, but I kinda miss the days when the Raiders were half way decent. It made the rivalry mean so much more, the same goes for the Chiefs.

There is nothing like sticking it to your rival when they are just starting to build momentum.

v2micca
10-07-2009, 07:35 AM
I feel the same, I actually miss the days when the Raiders and the Chiefs were worthy opponents. They were rivals that were fun to hate. With San Diego, I enjoy beating them but just because it helps us win the division. I don't enjoy beating them just because they are San Diego.

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-07-2009, 08:44 AM
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Day+NFL+Number+One+Draft+Pick+JaMarcus+Russell+Kyu oOw6huJVl.jpg
"NO Jamarcus! That's yo momma, NOT a BURGER!!"

WolfpackGuy
10-07-2009, 08:46 AM
What? That's been way the Dolts and the (Boston) teams have been making legacies over the past five years.....

Very understated topic.
Pats and Colts divisions have been garbage for years.
It's nice when you can bank on 5-6 wins per season.

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-07-2009, 09:18 AM
http://www.allfootball247.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/jamarcus2.png

'nuff said!

Kaylore
10-07-2009, 09:44 AM
He's a great player! Get ohva it! (http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/tvguide.htm)

azbroncfan
10-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Even though he is FAT, dumb and LAZY being a bad quarterback isn't helping with any of that.

USMCBladerunner
10-07-2009, 10:55 AM
I feel the same, I actually miss the days when the Raiders and the Chiefs were worthy opponents. They were rivals that were fun to hate. With San Diego, I enjoy beating them but just because it helps us win the division. I don't enjoy beating them just because they are San Diego.

I prefer to have at least one season where we actually sweep these "unworthy" opponents before labling them as such. As pathetic as KC and Oak have been, we sure have had a hard time taking care of our business against them for a whole season.

I do agree that other than seeing their talent over-ripen and spoil, beating Chargers doesn't provide the same sense of satisfaction as did beating the Raiders and Chiefs in the day.

Circle Orange
10-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Al Davis called him the next Elway you can't cut him :)

LOL, the league is full of THOSE...funny thing, it ain't happened yet.

I knew it was over when I saw Jamarcus had man boobs at the combine. The soft, flappy ones. But Al won't get rid of his guy, he loves squeezin' em (cringes at mental picture).

Circle Orange
10-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Even though he is FAT, dumb and LAZY being a bad quarterback isn't helping with any of that.

He's just an overweight lover. And blind when it comes to quarterbacking (if that's what he calls it).

Kornheiser speculates he's the worst qb in the history of the NFL. Story by John Clayton tomorrow.

Circle Orange
10-07-2009, 08:32 PM

Yup, eating and sleeping is hard work. !Booya!

baja
10-07-2009, 10:54 PM
I just can't get over this picture, is he trying to give his mom tongue or what?

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Day+NFL+Number+One+Draft+Pick+JaMarcus+Russell+Kyu oOw6huJVl.jpg

BroncoBuff
10-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Esiason said on Sunday's The NFL Today that Russell has been "fined heavily" for showing up late for multiple meetings, being overweight, and missing one meeting.

A league source tells us that it's even worse.

Per the source, Russell has missed multiple meetings, and that he has missed multiple other activities. His behavior has been described to us as a "pattern not an aberration."
Some people, understandably, lose focus once they have 20 million dollars in their pocket. I'm not shy to say I might even be one of them if put in that situation.

The competitive fire that burns in high-achieving players is in some ways more important than physical skills.

The intense hatred of losing in these guys goes so far as to be a quasi personality defect. It appears Jamarcus does not have such a defect ... :~ohyah!:

Bronco Yoda
10-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Who gives a **** if our division isnt respected? This isnt college football and we arent Boise State. How our competitors are viewed is irrelevant. Only wins and loses matter. Only fantasy geeks and power rating nerds give a crap about the status of our division. Besides, we play in the AFC. The road to the SB requires us (or any other AFC team) to beat the likes of the Steelers, Colts, and Pats to get there. Better we have a cushion so we can host those teams in the playoffs instead of traveling to their house in Jan. Let Oakland rot in the stimy festering sewer they live in. Let 'em stay like that for a thousand years. Its matter nothing to what Denver does or where Denver is going.

^this

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-08-2009, 12:35 AM
god bless the raiders the best merchandising team ever lets keep it that way they can sell hats and shirts the other teams can win games

rmsanger
10-08-2009, 05:04 AM
but don't they have like 10 players who can run a 4.2 40??? I thought they would be able to run go routes all day to show off Russell's legedary cannon that Mel Kiper drooled over for 3 straight months...