PDA

View Full Version : Buckhalter's Status?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-05-2009, 05:58 PM
In all the excitement I kinda forgot....

All apologies if this has already been posted, but what's Correll's status?

Didn't hear anything more about him after he left the game yesterday.

RMT
10-05-2009, 06:02 PM
all i know is he left the stadium on a pair of crutches. that's not a good sign.

Broncojef
10-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Was listening this afternoon to McDaniels being interviewed by Dave Logan and Josh said he'd probably be out against the Patsies and perhaps good to go the next week. Didn't sound real serious and that he'd be evaluated later this week,

Sodak
10-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Someone on TV ( ...so I believe every word ) said he had an ankle sprain. That's good news considering his knee injury history IMO.

Chris
10-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Lower extremity injury

No more questions

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
That blows.

Nevertheless, it's amazing how the Broncos running game always keeps on ticking no matter which back (or head coach, apparently) you plug into the system.

Boss Man
10-05-2009, 06:33 PM
That blows.

Nevertheless, it's amazing how the Broncos running game always keeps on ticking no matter which back (or head coach, apparently) you plug into the system.

roughly the same blocking scheme, same o line coach, still the best in the buisness bobby turner... really not much turnover in that aspect of our offense...

Mr. Elway
10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I heard sprained ankle. When I was a kid the same injury kept me out of kick the can for 2 weeks.

BroncoDoug
10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm thinking its carrer ending, and just hoping he can play next week

Marshall Dumervil
10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
I read in the Post today, Buck said just a sprain "no big deal". I can't find a link to the website.

ZONA
10-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I think the crutches could have been precautionary. You don't want any weight on that thing at all even if it's not a bad sprain. Him saying no big deal hopefully means it's a week or 2 at most.

baja
10-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Here's the link;

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13490282

but I don't see the quote you speak of.

mr007
10-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Depending on the severity, the injury could keep him out more than 4 weeks. I had a 3rd degree sprain from basketball and was on crutches for a month.

Edit: - That is if it's truly an ankle sprain.

ZONA
10-05-2009, 10:37 PM
I think Hillis will be getting some carries this game. He will produce, I betcha.

Marshall Dumervil
10-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Here it is. I didn't have the quote exactly right but he seems not to concerned about. I hope he's right.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13485820

cabronco
10-05-2009, 10:49 PM
I heard sprained ankle. When I was a kid the same injury kept me out of kick the can for 2 weeks.

Ya you want to be 100% in that brutal game. You couldnt find a soccer ball, or football, or anything else. :spit:

Sassy
10-05-2009, 11:04 PM
"There's a lot of blessings still built up in this body, and I'll do what I need to do for this team," Dawkins said. "If that means pushing the button to run a 4.3 or whatever, I'll do it."

Dawkins tackled Hurd inbounds, forcing Dallas to use its second timeout.

"Oh, my God, I couldn't even kick it into third gear, and I see this 30-something-year-old guy, older than me, just screaming across the field," cornerback Champ Bailey said. "Might have saved the game."

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo nearly got receiver Roy Williams cut in half in the fourth quarter. Williams was airborne when he was leveled by linebacker D.J. Williams.

"Never in my life have I been hit like that, from Pop Warner through my six years in the league," Roy Williams said. "I'm 5,280 feet above sea level with asthma, so I was obviously hurting."

Just awesome!

BroncoMan4ever
10-05-2009, 11:35 PM
I think the crutches could have been precautionary. You don't want any weight on that thing at all even if it's not a bad sprain. Him saying no big deal hopefully means it's a week or 2 at most.

exactly, most people can limp around on a sprained ankle. it is painful but you can still walk on it gingerly. the medical staff probably just gave him the crutches and told him to keep weight off it to allow it to begin to heal.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-05-2009, 11:38 PM
"Oh, my God, I couldn't even kick it into third gear, and I see this 30-something-year-old guy, older than me, just screaming across the field," cornerback Champ Bailey said. "Might have saved the game."

On that long Hurd pass play on the last Dallas drive, I was holding my breath as Hurd was weaving downfield. When I saw Dawkins coming across the field to make the tackle, I knew the Broncos would hold on to win. That's just the kind of play, the kind of character, that you see in a winning team.

baja
10-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Lets hope so because we are going to need him agsainst NE.

The MVPlaya
10-06-2009, 03:04 AM
Mon, Oct 5Buckhalter (ankle) was seen using crutches after Sunday's game against the Cowboys, although x-rays on his injured ankle were negative, the Denver Post reports.
Recommendation: "Just a sprained ankle, nothing more" was the description from Buckhalter after the game when asked about the injury. While a bum ankle could slow him down a little, his reaction made it seem like something he could bounce back from. Rookie Knowshon Moreno is getting a majority of the carries out of the Denver backfield, but Buckhalter has been getting looks from that spot, as well as a few catches out of the backfield. The team will monitor him this week, but early indications are that he will be fine for the team's next game against New England.
<cite>(Rotowire.com)</cite>

Kaylore
10-06-2009, 03:46 AM
roughly the same blocking scheme

Not at all, actually. We're predominantly a man blocking team now - and a darn good one, too. I remember Igor Olshansky saying we were wussies because we didn't man block. It was nice to shove it down his throat.

cousinal11
10-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Not at all, actually. We're predominantly a man blocking team now - and a darn good one, too. I remember Igor Olshansky saying we were wussies because we didn't man block. It was nice to shove it down his throat.

We are no longer a finesse team, that's for sure. Not that we were not fun to watch for all those years, but I prefer running down our opponent's collective throat.

Drunk Monkey
10-06-2009, 06:55 AM
I think Hillis will be getting some carries this game. He will produce, I betcha.

We will see, so far the only thing he has proven he can do is fumble and commit stupid penalties. I hope he gets it right, I want to see him run it more but he is in the dog house big time at the moment.

Pontius Pirate
10-06-2009, 10:53 AM
What I want to know is: do I drop Buckhalter in my FF league and pick up Rashard Mendenhall instead?

bap454
10-06-2009, 11:05 AM

On that long Hurd pass play on the last Dallas drive, I was holding my breath as Hurd was weaving downfield. When I saw Dawkins coming across the field to make the tackle, I knew the Broncos would hold on to win. That's just the kind of play, the kind of character, that you see in a winning team.

I couldnt agree more. Dawkins blew by DJ like he was standing still and DJ is not slow by any means. I have a hard time believing that this guy has lost a step or two. Several years left in that old man, fo sho.